setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Nova versus Falcon - Page 2

[Private] Nova versus Falcon

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] Nova versus Falcon

Logan Milo Byrne | Human; Citizen

Posted on Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:36 pm

Something about this wasn't right. I just had knots in my stomach like something was wrong. Very fucking wrong. I couldn't put my finger on it. But it was her, the way she looked at me, the way she stood there, the way she spoke. None of it felt... Connected to my ideas of her. Like I really didn't know her. And shit that was obvious. Look at who she was. Just look at what she looked like and how she carried herself. It was obvious she was a stranger to me but this feeling wasn't just that. It was like... I'd never met her before. Ever.

Because uh... I scratched my jaw and let my eyes follow a hotdog as it passed by in a strangers hand. I-Doesn't matter. Could that have been it? Foggy memories? Even more importantly, why did that piss me off? It was less like we were starting over and more like I was. Which made me feel like maybe I was just dwelling on shit, like I was the one that needed to start over and that wasn't how it was. I mean fuck, when she was in her other body, the one that actually belonged to her, we almost had a damn kid together. That was a big deal.

Claire. I repeated, and only a moment later smiled at the sound of it. Okay, starting fresh was easy. She was Claire, I was Logan, and whether or not I was the one that needed to start over, it didn't matter, because clearly neither of us knew anything about one another. Clear. I mumbled, How ironic. I even laughed. It didn't take a genius to know the meaning behind her name. The meaning behind your name I mean. It's just ironic considering your memory is foggy.

Well the glove fits, you're like a fish in water out there. And no not racing, but fuck I'd like to. I'm just here with Debo- er. My friend Debo. I gestured towards the bearded fuck a few feet away and let my eyes travel to the cars. What's it take to get a newb like me behind the wheel? Who's dick I gotta suck or- woman I need to impress? No Logan, don't flirt, don't hit on her are you fucking stupid? You've been here before bro. Just because history has a tendency of repeating itself doesn't mean it's okay.

Back to top Go down

Claire Trevino

Claire Trevino | Human; Citizen

Posted on Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:58 pm

Something had caught him off guard, and it took a few moments of me looking at him, following his eyes to.. oh, food, right. But still, it hit me and I realized this had to be kind of strange for him, too. Strange to see me knowing that I used to be someone he... did he love her? I had to admit, I remember that I was anxious to let go once I'd made up my mind to. But now that the details were fading away, now that he was here, I was curious. I wasn't sure I wanted to remember. I wasn't sure I'd want to go back if I did, but I wanted to at least know. I knew that knowing and remembering were different. If this went the way I wanted it to, maybe I could find out. But it would definitely take some time before I felt comfortable asking. Before I felt it would be okay with him for me to ask. 

It took me a moment to pick up what he was saying, but once I got it, I chuckled, and grinned, You know, I'd seriously never thought of that. And it was literally the perfect opposite. The first... stretch of my existence was nothing but fog and murk. Now, I was feeling closer to my namesake than ever. My memory? Yeah, foggy, but maybe that had been for the best. The line had moved up, and I moved up to meet it. I didn't want anyone getting between me, some chili cheese fries, and actually a cold beer. 

I was kind of ushered into this by... someone. But, from what I've seen, there might be a small entry fee and that's it. You got a car? I didn't mention that I remembered the black car, which had almost left my memory. Impala? I think. I wasn't even sure of that, no idea the year or anything close. I just remembered it from the quick vision I had. I'd lend you my Nova, but I don't think I could part with him long enough. I should introduce you, maybe you could help me. He needs a name.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:37 pm

I guess there's irony all around us. I grinned back at her and crossed my arms, finally starting to feel like we really were starting over. I could do this. I talked to people all the damn time and never got nervous, even when meeting someone new. This would be no different. I wouldn't let it be. And coincidence. She wouldn't get that part, considering when I'd indirectly mentioned her earlier as the only other person in the world that I didn't get along with, I'd said it in my head, not aloud.

Not exactly, I mean I could prep my baby with the best of the best eventually, but the idea of her getting damaged in something like this isn't something I wanna risk. But I could get my hands on something else, I'm sure. The more I thought about it the more it intrigued me. It ticked all the boxes. Dangerous, fun, illegal, did I mention fun? The crowd looked cool, and considering I'd started over with Claire there wasn't that drama hanging over my head. I could probably get into this, especially if Debos cousin moved away, far, far away.

Oh fuck yeah, if you think I'm allowed past the the velvet ropes. I smiled, damn I was actually excited. You allowed to take passengers? I've got the need for speed baby. I was bouncing on my toes, and suddenly having a hard time peeling my eyes away from the ''track''. When they finally did peel away, they moved to the cars, to the people, the women, hell even the men were sexier just by association. Damn, I really dig this scene. But something was missing, I felt it, but I couldn't put my finger on it...

Back to top Go down

Claire Trevino

Claire Trevino | Human; Citizen

Posted on Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:50 pm

And.. tell me about your baby. Have you always had her? Maybe I’ll remember once you tell me. So part of it was a lie, I was playing ignorant, but I was curious. I wanted to hear him talk about the car, even if I had no idea why. I mean, I.. I just wanted to know and what it was I wanted to know I wasn’t sure about. I wanted facts without the pain behind them.

I stepped up as the line moved, now only one person ahead of us, and I was already smelling the food. Apparently, my stomach was angry that I hadn’t yet filled it with my new Sunday tradition. Hey, it’s not hard to get back here, and once I get you talking to some of the guys, I’m sure they’d clue you in on a fast little beauty. Maybe if you get good enough, we’ll go head to head, I grinned, but I quickly looked away and cursed myself in my head. Seriously, flirting with this dude wasn’t a good idea. Even though I didn’t remember much, I knew that I had been more than happy to forget for a reason. I didn’t need to step any further into his direction at least that way.

Sorry, man, but your cargo is too heavy. I mean I lose one of my advantages which is the fact that I weigh a lot less than these heavy guys. I paused, but.. then I guess there was a part of me that didn’t mind the idea of showing off, and I had an idea, even if it wasn’t a good one. But then again, after the races are over, sometimes guys do test runs. I’ll take you along for one and show you what I can do. Finally it was my turn, and Beth was at the window.

”Chili cheese fries?”
Yeah, and um.. what about a beer?
”Oh, alright then, girl, I gotcha.” I paid with cash, stepped to the side and leaned against the building beside the window while I waited for him.

So yeah, I think there’s only.. two? more races? Three tops. I’ll show you the car and what’s under the hood.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:00 pm

Nineteen-sixty-seven Impala, at this point mostly customized. Four-hundred horsepower, but I'm working on restoring a two-door. I wouldn't say I'm brand obsessed and shit, it's really just for fun at this point. I could have said more, fuck I could have said a lot more, and frankly, talking with a drag racing chick about cars would probably earn me some boning points but, hearing her talk about cars would give me a boner. So I stopped, we'd get into it later... If there was gonna be a later. Something told me there would be.

Shit, don't put me on a mission to get in with the in crowd, because I'm ridiculously dedicated. Fuck it, I couldn't help it. I couldn't stop it. It was my nature to flirt, even if I wasn't interested. I wouldn't say I wasn't interested, but I wouldn't say I was either. At this point, we were at the beginning of the race, who the fuck knew what the finish line was gonna look like.

You callin' me fat Claire? I smiled, I'm insulted, really. I laughed and took another step forward. Hell yeah, I'm game. Even if my fat ass drags you down, maybe you can give me a lil' taste of that adrenaline. Fuck why was I so excited? I wasn't sure sitting passenger to a woman driver should have been something high on my bucket list, but in this particular situation, it was right up my alley. I was pumped.

After she made her order my eyes looked at the menu, You ready for this? I hate to put you to work, but I've got quite the order for you ladies. I flashed the woman a grin, she'd need it. Let's go with... Two chili dogs, another but new york style, no ketchup, throw some fries in there too, a beer, and... - Shit you guys got kraut? My eyes widened when I saw it on the menu, Let's get another dog with kraut on it and some fritos. I could keep goin' but I don't wanna put too much stress on ya'. She didn't question, she just smiled, shaking her head from side to side as she made note of my order and I pulled out my wallet, shoved a ten in the tip jar, paid my bill, and moved to the side to wait for my food.

Sounds good, so you just got the one? Is there anything cool in the garage back home?

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics