setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Nova versus Falcon - Page 3

[Private] Nova versus Falcon

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Claire Trevino

Re: [Private] Nova versus Falcon

Claire Trevino | Human; Citizen

Posted on Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:17 pm

I was almost practically drooling. I wanted to drive it, but I knew how it was. It was some kind of golden rule. Even if someone offered for you to drive their car, you still at least pretended to be hesitant. And, shit, I wouldn’t let anyone touch my 67 impala if I had one. Don’t tell me that beauty sits on a trailer and collects dust at car shows. That would just be heartbreaking, I said as I reached over the counter to grab my fries and beer. I’d love to see both at some point. Maybe.. uh.. well I’m trying to learn more, so maybe I could help you? With the two door? Wait. Was I seriously asking that? Running into him, sharing some car talk? Sure, that was great. But making this a regular thing ran the risk of letting me remember things better left untouched. Even if I was curious, some things just weren’t worth the risk.

I held my food and waited, still leaning against the building for Beth to make it back to Logan. Should I resent the fact that he had done nothing but make me laugh the whole time I was in line? Obviously it hadn’t been about him being fat. In fact, it was about me. I’d gained so much weight since being in the hospital, but my frame was still small and I was still lighter than most of the guys. You can’t tell me that Impala doesn’t help you out there, but yeah.. I guess here you can really let loose. It’s incredibly freeing.

My jaw just about dropped when I heard his order. And strangely, in my head my thoughts went to breakfast food. A table full of breakfast food, the sun illuminating the table through the window. It was just a memory, but I remember looking up and seeing his face - but he looked.. younger? More hair. And he looked.. nervous. And it was all gone in an instant. I shook my head in an attempt to reorient myself to where I was. That’s nice of you to order for your buddies. But yeah, I just have a Subaru WRX. Kinda old, and she’ll go, but nothing to write home about. Nothing I’d bring here. Although, I’ve got my eyes open for something.

The flashback had me a little anxious, I knew what it was, and yet I was still sad that more than likely, he’d go back to his buddies, I’d go back to my car, and that would be that. Why didn’t I want to just let him go?

You comin’ with me or you gonna chicken out and go back to your friends? I raised my brows before turning around and walking in the direction of my car. He still looked amazing, I’d even call him handsome. Some of the things that I just didn’t see on any car on the road - all that silver trim, and the aggressive look of the back tires being wider than the front. He wasn’t big, or super aggressive looking otherwise, but the sound of the engine told a different story.

Back to top Go down

Logan Milo Byrne | Human; Citizen

Posted on Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:51 pm

Damn you're probably gonna think this is blasphemous but I haven't even taken her to a show yet. I flinched, putting up my hands as if she was going to hit me. I knew she wouldn't, I was just playin'. Shit really? I'm game. But don't think this is an invitation to get into my pants. I have, yanno, respect for myself. I teased as I reached for my beer. If beer was there, then that means food wasn't far behind. Damn I could eat a horse, or a woman. Or both.

It does, but at this point I'm trying to get rid of my collection of speeding tickets. I'd prefer to be your unwilling accomplice, or at least that's what I'll say if the fuzz break up this party. I flashed her a grin and reached for my food. Shit that was fast, and now I was beginning to realize there was no fucking way I was gonna be able to carry all of this shit with me.

I actually snorted, You kiddin' right? Look at me, I'm a big dude, everywhere might I add, this is all for me. Though I can't say I don't feel a little selfconscious eating all of this around you. Yanno, since you apparently think I'm a lard ass. Damn I should have let it go, but I was compelled to joke, I was compelled to tease. Most people had a heart of gold at their core, but I just had pranks and laughs. I couldn't help it, I had absolutely no control over it.

Damn I can see you in that. I envisioned it, and it just fit. Then again I wasn't sure there was any car out there that with her ass in the drivers seat wouldn't make it more appealing...

I took about half a chili dog in one bite, leaning forward so some of the goop would hit the ground instead of my shirt. Lemme think. I said with a mouth full. I quickly chomped it down and swallowed. Couple of hairy asshats... - Or hot chick and cars. I just looked at her, Come on Claire, I might be fat but I aint stupid. I grinned, stacked my food, grabbed my beer, and followed after her.

I took another fatty bite, or more accurately, a couple just so I could get rid of one of the paper containers as we passed the trash can and licked fingers. We were nearing it, and shit I wasn't gonna lie, it was beautiful. I think I have a boner for your car.

Back to top Go down

Claire Trevino

Posted on Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:14 pm

I couldn’t say anything, I’d never shown a car, but then again this was the first time I had one worth showing. A WRX? Not really something to show, at least not yet. I couldn’t compete with guys who had spent years toiling with the bodies of cars that had been saved from salvage yards and dusty garages. I understood the idea, I’d probably like to go to a show, window shop, but personally I wanted to enjoy a car, use it for what it was meant for and not just let it be something to sit and look at.

Nah, blasphemy is not actually enjoying the car. These cars that sit and look pretty are nothing more than trophies. You need something that’ll uh.. show you a good time. I winked. Why did I do that? It was wide open, wasn’t it? I mean, no harm in a little flirting and obviously I must have been looking good. Even if Sam had chickened out on our dinner, I had at least briefly caught his attention and that was on a frumpy day.

But I couldn’t help but to raise an unamused brow at him. Don’t worry, that’s the last thing I’m after right now. Your pants are safe, although I have a feeling that’s not exactly what you were hoping to hear. I decided to be nice, grabbing a couple of the hot dogs he had ordered, carefully tucking the beer between my arm and chest, and balancing my chili cheese fries in my other palm.

Wait, what? You’re serious? I mean, no, you’re not a lard-ass but, there can’t be room for all of this. You have some kind of black hole in your stomach? I nudged him with my elbow, but barely tapped him as I didn’t want to drop any of the food. Wouldn’t want to disappoint the tapeworm he was hosting. I know I just met- I mean… I know my memories are funky, but I don’t think I can ever see you being self-conscious. I snickered, and watched him down about half the dog. I raised my brows and guided him to my little area in the pit, which luckily I’d brought two lawn chairs. I’d come alone but I did have friends back here, and some liked to come say hi. I plopped down in the one nearest the car and returned one of the dogs to him I’d held. Wouldn’t want you to go hungry or anything. Now with a hand freed, I sat my beer down and began munching on some fries.

Oh, really? Funny. I imagined this car as a guy, but whatever floats your boat. I still need a name, though. Any ideas? I think he looks like a George. Something sounds kind of right about that name.

Back to top Go down

Logan Milo Byrne | Human; Citizen

Posted on Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:32 pm

Well, you offerin'? I grinned, but aside from the flirtatious comment I'd made [which wasn't that far off base considering she'd winked], I knew what she meant. I dunno, I mean you're right. Rule number one, the woman is always right. In the end if a it looks like a turd, but drives like a beast, that just makes it a badass turd, but still a turd. - I guess it goes both ways, having a shiny car that snails it's way down the interstate in a plume of smoke still makes it a piece of shit. I guess, point is, beauty is nothing without the beast, and vice versa.

I stared at my food, happy that she'd decided to help me carry the cargo. Something about these fcking hotdogs, they were surprisingly good considering they were purchased off some wonky stand in the middle of nowhere. I supported this business, one hundred percent. Don't be silly Clairebear, I don't care if you need to lie to me. I've already lied to you at least- I pretended to count my lies on one hand, Once, counting this one.

I laughed, probably harder than I should have. I wasn't cracking up or anything, but I caught the attention of some dude across the way who was looking at me like I was high. No black hole. I mean there could be, who knows. - I just workout. Gotta replace those calories yanno? I rolled my eyebrows, one right after the other and jokingly flexed as I reached behind my neck to ''scratch''. I wasn't being fucking serious, and that was made apparent when I laughed again. I don't know, Maybe I could have a career in hot dog eating contests. Damn... You've helped me discover my calling Claire. I guess that makes you entitled to at least ten percent of my earnings, which will probably be a lifetime supply of hot dogs. So tell me Claire, you want ten percent of my weener?

I stumbled to the side, or more, threw myself, carefully of course. Her nudge wasn't that powerful, but I looked at her like she was the strongest woman alive. Oh I am. So it better be nothing but compliments here on out. I grinned, Same goes for you though. I can't imagine, considering your hobbies. This shit requires some balls yeah? I mean she couldn't second guess herself. Driving at high speeds meant you needed to know yourself, you needed to know the car. Split second decisions and all of that bullshit. No time for second guessing, and damn, I needed some more of that lately.

I sat down and took another gnarly bite, practically deep throating the damn thing when she mentioned her car was indeed male. Good timing? No shame, it still gives me a boner. I just loved the look of 'em. I always had. As cars started becoming more modernized, rounded, they just started looking boring. Fat even. Something about this style was sleek. Shit, sexy even. Then again I'd always been a sucker for a defined grill. It was the simplest most insignificant bullshit, but it was true.

George? We talking the curious type, or the 'of the jungle' type. Or more patriotic, bush or washington? Doesn't matter, I dig it.

Back to top Go down

Claire Trevino

Posted on Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:24 am

I almost snorted before my laugh, but actually, the further into his analogy he got the more it actually made sense. Maybe a funny way of wording it, but it worked, right? I nodded a wave to Justin, who was just now walking toward the concessions. He had a wide-eyed smile, and it kind of hit me that I must look.. well I don’t know. I came back here with my “boyfriend” Sam and now I had Logan by my side just the next week, even if we weren’t together, it hadn’t taken me long to realize men could be just as gossipy as women. The only thing that changed was the way the topic was addressed.

Clairebear… I like that, and that one’s not a lie, but I’m not that kind of girl, Logan. Doesn’t happen all that easily, you know. I wasn’t uncomfortable, not in the least, but I liked to think that I had a good head on my shoulders. And that head was telling me to ease up the gas on the flirting, even if it seemed to just sorta come out with him. Maybe if I just decided it meant nothing. Maybe I was just finding out confident me was a flirty person, and he was a flirty person, and we’d flirt. Yeah, that’s it. That’s exactly it.

Oh, well then glad to help. I’ll try to let you know if I hear of any. Admittedly, I made sure there were no immediate obstacles in my way, turned around and walked backwards just a few steps to watch. Well, it didn’t seem this would be another lie to add to his hand, because admittedly it showed. I raised my brows just before about-facing and continuing like a normal person, secretly happy that’d I’d handled all that without tripping.

I don’t think it works that way, bro. I think that would mean I’m your pimp, which I’d be more than happy to be your pimp if that’s what you’re asking. Your hot dog pimp. Wait weren’t these the kind of conversations people had when they were high? I mean, at least in TV shows, but I’d never tried it to know.

Finally, sitting in my chair, I continued the convo, which was really… the best conversation I’d had with him since.. I was Claire. I mean, that I could remember, but wasn’t it a bit miraculous that we weren’t fighting? That I didn’t feel that tension around him? What was it about us before, I mean, I couldn’t even remember exactly why we’d always been at odds with each other. Well, I guess if you’re one of those people who need constant validation I guess I’d be glad to help. I grinned wickedly as I leaned back in my chair, now picking up my beer and twisting off the lid. It should, it’s a pretty awesome car. Honestly I’m glad I’ll get to prove it to you, too, I said after a few drinks. I hadn’t realized how thirsty I’d gotten.

I was thinking Harrison, actually. George Harrison. Just makes sense, right?

So maybe I’d eaten my fries a little faster than usual, maybe I’d downed my beer faster than I should have, and perhaps I even wanted to stuff those hotdogs down his throat because just one time on the track hadn’t been enough for me today. I dusted my hands off as if I’d had crumbs or something before standing up and throwing my trash into a nearby can. Alright, so you ready for this? I asked as I walked back to the car. I pulled the key out of my pocket and opened the front door, plopping in and feeling a thrill even with putting the key in the ignition. But once I turned it on, I began pumping the gas and I smirked when I realized that sound was my car. The SHO never sounded like this, and to a point I enjoyed that about it. It made it such a shark, but this just sounded like… well.. a beast.

Get in, loser! Oh, sorry! Only positives, right? Get in, hot dog champion!

Once he was in I drove the car along what could best be called the tarmac, I wasn’t sure if that was the right word but it was to me. Luckily, no one else was using the track but Justin had yet to close it. I pulled up to the starting line, holding my foot on the brake but revving up the engine.

You got a timer? Like on your phone or something?

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics