setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Nova versus Falcon

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Claire Trevino

Claire Trevino | Human; Citizen

Posted on Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:31 pm

Thread Details

Gold Bar Speedway | 76F | Sunday Afternoon

OOC Message
Claire’s wearing black cargos, a dark gray tank and a white sports bra with black nikes. Hair is in a side ponytail.

I had to give credit where credit was due, and I’ll admit that Chase had at least opened the door for me. And there was so much more to it than that. He opened the door when I was in a maze of smoke, mirrors and trap doors. He opened the right door when I had no idea where to go. He just didn’t follow me through it. He’d gotten me behind the wheel, pushed my foot down on the pedal and showed me the side of me that not only made me forget my past life, but made it irrelevant.

Looking back, I realized that maybe I should have seen the end coming. He only seemed to want me behind the wheel, but never in the garage. As if it was too much of a threat for me to know exactly how the gears and sprockets worked underneath the hood. For whatever reason, he didn’t want me getting my hands dirty. He wanted the wild side out of me, but he wanted to be in control of it. Which to me, only defeated the purpose. Maybe Sam had shown me that I didn’t need Chase to walk through that door with me.

The week after I met Samuel at the track I made changes, and a part of me itched to show it in my appearance, too. I blew a little too much money getting a red ombre in my locks, and I found the confidence to wear that red lipstick I’d bought months ago. I’d put it on before, but wiped it off only ten minutes later. When Sparky sent me a text saying that Fred was selling the Nova, I jumped on it. I kept Arya, but Arya wasn’t meant for the track and the Nova (which I’d still yet to name) wasn’t meant for day to day travel. Yes, she (or he… I was still undecided on gender) was mine, but I’d barely had any time to get a feel. No practice, but both Sparky and Fred urged me to sign up for the next Sunday’s race.

So here I was, another Sunday at the track, and it hadn’t been hot on the other side of the fence, but once I was in the pit with all of the engines firing up, yeah, I was starting to sweat. I pushed a few loose, wet chunks of hair off of my forehead and tucked the ends behind my ear, as I rested my ass against the driver’s side door of my new baby, watching the race immediately before my own begin. A Duster and a Chevelle. Really, both guys were nice, which is I guess the deciding factor on who the woman part of me wanted to win. Otherwise, I liked the look of the Chevelle, but I still had yet to learn about the perks under the hood. I would, though, I would.

Justin started heading toward me, talking into his walkie talkie and gave me the knowing nod, and I hopped into the car and turned on the ignition. Something about this car was definitely feeling more male to me. He started right up, and I headed for the starting line as the Duster and Chevelle took off.

I didn’t win against the Falcon, but it was a lot closer than I’d thought. Had Chase been there, I would have expected some words from him or his new side candy. Word must have gotten to him that I’d be here. I was relieved, even if I did feel a little guilty. I didn’t want him to quit racing altogether, but if he couldn’t race because I was here, then it was his problem and not mine. I followed the Falcon back to the pit, parked and shut off the engine. Sparky was there to greet me.

”I know you didn’t win, Claire, but I don’t think anyone’s beat Jim all summer. I wouldn’t worry too much about it.”
I gave Sparky a quick hug and stepped back, grinning. No, I’m thrilled, I said, practically beaming. I didn’t expect to win, but.. you know. It’ll happen.
”Let me know if you want to tune her up, I’m taking a day on Friday. But the wife’s waiting for me over in the stands. She’s got Devon with her.” I nodded, at least Devon was the good grandson. It sounded like Trevor was a spoiled little ape, honestly. I found my way to the concession line, thankful again, to be in the pit. The line was always so much shorter, and they were much less likely to run out of cheese for the chili cheese fries.

Back to top Go down

Re: [Private] Nova versus Falcon

Logan Milo Byrne | Human; Citizen

Posted on Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:57 pm

''All I'm saying dude, is you can't compare that hunk of metal to the Monte. Yeah any other Monte Carlo maybe, but this one was juiced the fuck up. I'm talkin' full- Aw fuck man are you kidding me?!'' Debo and his cousin had been going at this for hours. Now if I cared to get sucked into the fucking conversation, I'd tell them they were both wrong, but insulting the Monte was apparently equivalent to castrating the idiot, which I was on the verge of considering. So maybe we had a history, an unpleasant one. There were only two people I didn't get along with on this planet, and Debo's cousin was one of them. Luckily his chili dog went tits up and covered his shirt in diarrhea, that put a quick end the the conversation I'd been listening to since ten this morning. I did have to give him some props though, the guy was a driver, and he did get us in. I guess that meant I had to play nice.

''Why you so quiet man?'' I just looked at Debo and rubbed my nose with the back of my hand as I stepped behind his cousin, then pretended to knock the fool out before heading to get in line for my own chili dog, or corn dog, or anything I could put in my mouth to prevent myself from telling this idiot he was a damn dickfor. Food was nice, but women were better. And while I did come here to watch the races, and what I'd seen was worth my time, I needed a way home that didn't involve riding with dumb and dumber.

When my body spun around to head back for food, you'd think nothing unusual would happen. The last thing I expected to see was her. The only other person on this planet I didn't get along with. Did I win the fuck you lottery and not hear about it on the news? At first I didn't realize it was her. The hair, fuck the shit on her lips. How could someone physically change so much in such a short amount of time? But I knew that face, it didn't matter how much woman stuff she put on it, I knew that face anywhere. At first I just stared, and it took a while for me to realize she was actually driving. She'd come a long way from teaching music... That was for sure. I guess that's what happens when you're given a new life.

She walked right past me, Not the concessions, no, not the concession. I winced with eyes closed tight as she went exactly where I was hoping she wouldn't. Yet my feet were practically fucking running to make sure I ended up in line behind her. It suits you, yanno? - The look, the life. Looks good on you. From what I'd seen, she was fucking beaming. Just how much had changed?

Back to top Go down

Claire Trevino

Posted on Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:26 am

Now that the excitement of the race had died down, a few things had happened. One, I was actually thinking about Sam. I know I'd just met him, but it was kind of thanks to him that I was here. It was thanks to him that I was feeling better about myself. Also, I'm human and so yeah, I wouldn't mind rubbing my succdidn't.  Chase's face. Lastly, though, and most importantly, I was starving. Maybe the cheese fries wouldn't be enough. Maybe I'd take a beer too.  

I turned to face the direction from which the voice was coming. Oh, well I guess I've been lucky not to have ran into someone I didn't remember for... It had been a while. So who was this one? From the context clues, I would guess an ex. That just seemed to be the way - 

I was blushing and the we stopped at the top of the Ferris wheel. It excited me the way he was smiling at me. Change scene. I was looking out the window at his black car. He stood outside of it, serenading me. I... I was being serenaded. Change scene, gun shot. A feeling like me shoulder had been splintered into pieces. Change scene. I had a belly. I can't be a mom. And he doesn't want to be a dad.  Realization: You knew him.

Maybe he saw the utter look of confusion on my face, maybe he didn't. I had one remaining memory of him, this one more clear, more recent. An encounter with him in a parking lot. And I was me. So he knew about me, that much I at least knew. This was strange and I knew I eventually had to speak, but I didn't know what words to say when the sight of him pretty much gave me literally every emotion and I didn't even really remember my justifications for why.

"Thanks. A lot better than sulking around I guess," I said making myself smile. God, why was this so confusing to me? "I hope you're doing okay?" 

What else was there to say to him, but suddenly I remembered more about the last time we spoke. The little girl. I felt sick and I could remember that feeling of disappointment. Maybe I had overreacted when I had assumed that was for sure his daughter. Should I apologize? "I'm sorry about how I was the last time we spoke. I wasn't in a great place. "

Back to top Go down

Logan Milo Byrne | Human; Citizen

Posted on Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:30 am

Was it fucked that I still... Wanted to fuck her? Was it fucked that I wanted to even more now that she'd gone from Sunday school teacher to hell on wheels? Fuck no, this was- She wasn't the same person. Same soul didn't mean same mind, now if only I could remember that. Just how much of Eva was left? If any at all... Shit in a way, maybe Eva was dead. That thought should have upset me more than it did, but it was hard to when I was looking right at this stranger knowing the things I did about what reanimated her.

Were you ever sulking? I laughed, but not at her. It just seemed every time I'd seen her after the, thing... She had her shit together more than I did. And I wasn't saying I didn't have my shit together, just that she seemed more in control, or composed, or... Better? No, fuck I didn't even know what I thought. Shit, I knew nothing about this woman. Maybe I never did.

Don't bullshit a bullshitter. No you don't. But it's cool. And I'm great, thanks. I just stood there, staring at her knowing I probably should have said something different, something to end the conversation, and I definitely should have returned the courtesy of asking how she was but it was pretty fucking obvious. But now shit was just getting awkward and the longer I stared, the worse it got. I mean- I just smiled, holy shit was it hot out here? When was the last time I was genuinely embarrassed or awkward? Never? Sorry this is weird as fuck. So how about we just- Can we start over? I meant really start over. Wipe the slate clean. We were strangers anyway, so why not make it official. I'm Logan, nice to meet you- I awaited her introduction, really hoping she'd go along with this because I hated the feeling she gave me whenever I saw her around town. If any two people on the planet needed a do-over, it was us.

What got you into this? I gestured towards the cars, You don't seem the uh- Type? Or no, shit that sounded bad didn't it? I just mean- It's hot as hell don't get me wrong, I just- Fuck I don't know what I meant.

Back to top Go down

Claire Trevino

Posted on Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:18 pm

Oh, oh yeah, I was. This was proving to be a difficult conversation, even if only for the fact that I couldn’t remember what he knew about “Claire” and what he didn’t. How much of each other had we seen after the fact? And.. well… how close were we before? There was no way I could imagine what he thought when he saw me, if we were very close beforehand.

And why don’t I? Strange, normally, I had a filter. And this wasn’t me actually trying to be rude even though there was no other way it could have sounded. But I really wanted to know, because I honestly couldn’t remember. Would he believe that? I’m sorry… My uh.. my memories are really… foggy. And one realization about this whole situation followed the other. The first was that (hopefully) he would understand why my memory was foggy, because he knew about me. He was the only one who really knew, or at least that I could remember. Two, that if that was the case, in all honesty, I probably needed to try to get this guy on my side. And that was why I absolutely welcomed his offer to start fresh.

I thought you’d never ask. I’m Claire. I hoped that this would actually work, I actually needed this to work. Not a complete clean wipe, because like I said, the idea that someone could actually understand that the old Claire Trevino would never be back. But I hoped he had no expectations that I would remember… being someone else. I smiled, really smiled, because moving on to small talk was actually the best way to make this really work. I crossed my arms across my chest.

Well, the short story is that I got behind the wheels of a car and the further I pushed the pedal the happier I was. I think part of my problem was that I had no.. type. Not the best way to describe it. Early on, I think I still tried to be her, and it was like trying to drive freight train on the interstate. It got me nowhere. Are you.. racing? You know someone here?

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics