setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Open -2] Game Time - Page 2

[Open -2] Game Time

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Open -2] Game Time

Santiago Valdez | Wolf; Warrior/Fighter

Posted on Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:09 pm

I was screwed. Royally. I mean how the fuck was I going to check on my appointments without my damn phone? Not to mention the hundreds of reference pictures I had accumulated in my gallery of tattoos? What would I do without them? Dammit, I should have listened to Salvador when he said I should back up my stuff to the cloud. I shrugged it off back then but what I would give for that chance now. I couldn't even remember what my insurance covered but I figured that purposefully dunking your phone into a cup of coffee wasn't part of their standard 'coverage'. I mean yeah, but do you really think they would replace my phone? Of course I wouldn't actually be honest and say I was the one who did this to my phone but even then, I didn't know if this was an accident that happened often enough to warranty a replacement. I think that might be putting it nicely. At least whores get paid. I on the other hand was about to get raped by my insurance company. Man, I really should learn to keep my cool. Maybe I should charge Giselle the fee for fixing my phone. It was her fault after all, crying down the phone like some fucking moaning myrtle and then going insane and calling me back immediately after I had told her I had to go. Fuck, if she hadn't overstepped her boundaries we wouldn't be in this spot.

I continued to dab at my phone, but by now it was beginning to dawn on me how pointless this was. The only thing the napkin could do at best was soak up the coffee from the outside. What I needed was to soak up the coffee from the inside. I didn't even get to take a sip of my shit. My morning really wasn't going as planned. Rice. Okay, I needed to remember that. Where the fuck did I get pasta from? Maybe I was beginning to lose my mind. It wouldn't surprise me considering the amount of shit I had to deal with. These woman downright drove me crazy, and I wish I meant it in the best of ways but unfortunately I didn't. I couldn't get them to stay away. I loved sex as much as the next guy but I wasn't one for relationships, it just felt like being caged, like an animal at the zoo. I wanted to be set free. I wanted to run wild. Somehow that was just too much to ask. It would have made sense to me if I never made it apparent, but I did. I was honest from the start, but it seemed that in their fucked up minds that only made it more of a challenge to get me to commit. Did I say they were crazy yet? Because they are fucking psychotic.

Okay, I will try to remember that. It didn't hurt to give it a try, but maybe it would be best to call the phone company and see if there was anything they could do. When you're angry, you will throw your phone in just about any direction. Or in my case, in just about anything. I really needed to work on that. No.. I took it from under the napkins and flashed it to him. It's the iPhone 6. I guess I won't be so lucky after all. This phone drama was already frustrating me, possibly even more than the initial conversation with Giselle. I set the dead phone aside and glanced over to my pastry, maybe if I scoffed that down I would feel a little better. I decided to test my theory and went for it, taking my almond croissant and finishing it off like it was my last supper. Okay, maybe that was a bit over-dramatic even for me but I was hungry and I was annoyed. I had no coffee and I couldn't be bothered to get back up and order another one. I just wanted to finish my breakfast and wait for my stupid ass of a brother to hurry up and meet me so I could go on about my day. He could buy me a fucking coffee when he reached, that was his job anyway. Thanks for your help anyway, I must look like a lunatic. I wouldn't be surprised if he agreed. Are you new around here or something? I come here pretty much every day and I'm quite familiar with all of the regulars. What else was I supposed to do until my brother got here? Not like I had a phone to scroll through..

Back to top Go down

Mekhi Ward |

Posted on Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:22 am

Did this guy not understand the concept of…pulling a few lines here and there. Playing the sad party to speak. Or just pulling a lie right out of the ass crack so fast it burned like a thousand suns…that just sounded like really liquid diarrhea actually. Probably wouldn’t be the way I’d want to describe it either out loud. Hey look! I used common sense on not sounding like a retard! Big achievement for me there. I looked down at my laptop bag and pursed my lips. You could lie, simple as that. Say like…a fucking idiot knocked into you and spilled the coffee all over it while it was on the table? Then they might replace it. It was an option unless he was one of those overly zealous people and just had to make sure everything he said wasn’t a lie. Which would be more than likely horse shit if you asked me. I didn’t know a single person that didn’t have an honest bone in their body, sure, come to certain occasions they sure as hell did, but most of the time it was all just lies and bullshit that spewed from their mouths. I was pretty much the same way. Honesty was key to an extent, but lying through your teeth usually got you places. Especially in my line of work.

Finishing off my cup of coffee I set it off to the side and grabbed my phone from my pocket. Fuck I don’t what I would do right now if I was in this guy’s predicament. Right now my phone was my life line and my fucking key to my work right now. After all I was waiting on a few messages from Richard regarding shipments of the goods I was waiting on. I hadn’t seen them in my apartment, and fuck, right now I had no place to keep them good. I tried to keep a secure working environment when I was in Seattle, had my own office area and everything. Had I known my choices would have landed me here I would have picked better ones. After all I highly doubted there would be secluded buildings around here in this town. Let alone a decent little office I could deal my business out of in peace. Or if I would have to just result doing it all out of my apartment. Which didn’t settle all that well with me. The ass biscuit better be sending me a mini fridge or that shit would go bad quick, because I hated the thought of having to stash them somewhere in my main part of my fridge. That could easily get me screwed if someone broke in, or some shit.

Snapping back to reality I hadn’t realized that I zoned out for a moment in my own thoughts. I suppose I could see where he was coming from, and after all I didn’t know the whole story and maybe he was angry because he knocked the chick up and he just didn’t want anything to do with her or something. I had butted enough into this guy’s life, and I wasn’t the picture perfect person to strike a conversation with. If anything you could say I was a tad…socially awkward. I did get along with people, don’t get me wrong, I just hated the whole…small talk thing. I found it odd and most of the time unnecessary, but until I heard from Richard it was either pull the laptop and play around and chat it up, or just…talk. I wasn’t quite sure which I wanted to do just yet. I get it. Except for me…mine was more of a controller rather than my phone. Although I think I would have opted to through the coffee or the pastry. Would have made a mess and well it would have been funny to watch the look on the barista’s faces seeing it and having to clean it.

Andd yeah you’re fucked. Apple…just sucked on so many levels it wasn’t even phone. Just an overpriced paper weight if you asked me. Then again if you asked me, going apple was a bad choice. Their shit falls apart after about 2 years and you’re forced to either live with it or get another, but that’s just my opinion. Grabbing my pastry I stopped raising my eyebrows once again to watch him scarf down his pastry in the matter of seconds. What the hell was he? A fucking dog? I don’t think I could say that I had ever seen anyone eat something that quickly before. Right, don’t think I want mine anymore at this very point in time. You’re welcome. Didn’t mean to butt in to begin with, but word vomit. Happens sometimes. Did he look like a lunatic…yes and no, but maybe just someone with a bit of anger issues who needed some time in anger management. Yeah, I’m new here. Just came in on the train last night actually. Not the best experience, but I came from Seattle. And here started the lovely small talk, oh fucking yay. Least he was from the area, so maybe I could actually get a few things out of him. Or maybe learn a thing or two. Anything interesting ever going on around here? Or is it mostly filled with rednecks? I asked curiously as I watched a man in overalls and a large wad of what I assumed was tobacco in his mouth.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:57 am

I knew I could lie about what happened to my phone, and I would try to lie through the skin of my teeth but my insurance was bullshit and the excess I would have to pay just for the phone was enough to buy me a new phone.

Well, I could always try and get someone else to fix it for me. There was probably some Indian dude in one of these little shops around the area that could ‘fix’ the phone for me for a fraction of the price I would have to pay. I just might not get the same phone back. I’ll give it a go, so we will see. Not that he really gave a fuck. To him I was just some stranger who interrupted his quite cup of coffee with his neurotic antics.

See if I wasn’t so hot headed I might have taken a moment to actually think about what I was doing. Then I would have maybe, opted for something a little less destructive. Oh well, nothing more I could do about it now.

I gathered that I was fucked. I liked apple, but I understood it has its restrictions. Still, I would rather go with them than have an Android. I never understood the whole, ‘we aren’t following a company like you sheep are’ because in my eyes, you were, it just had a different name. I’d agree with you on their older modules but their latest phone is miles better than say their 4 range. I loathed that phone, it would literally kill my battery in a matter of minutes. Before the hour was done I would have less than 20% battery, not to mention the times the phone would just switch itself off on its own accord. Those days were bleak.

I was glad to know my eyes hadn’t deceived me, though I hadn’t expected him to be as fresh off the boat as he actually was. Oh really, I moved from Seattle as well, though it’s been about a year since I’ve been here. And yet, I still hadn’t found the answers to the many questions raised by my mothers death and her mysterious letter.

I was still searching for my father – Salvador on the other hand was adamant that the search would be pointless. In his eyes for all we knew he was already dead and gone. I wanted to take my chances and find out for myself, but as each day passed I found my patience beginning to wear thin, and I was slowly coming to accept that maybe my brother was right after all.

There’s quite a few rednecks around here. I had to admit. But if you go further uptown the people there a little less.. I stopped to glance at the man who had tobacco in his mouth. Like him, and…a little more normal. I left out the fact that Index seemed to be a hub for the supernatural.

Back to top Go down

Mekhi Ward |

Posted on Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:15 pm

I wasn't going to continue on with the whole....phone conversation. There honestly was only so much you could say to someone about a certain topic and not feel like you were poking a dead horse in the ass several times just to see if it would twitch or explode. I nodded in agreement, they did come a long way from their fourth generation of phone but I still thought they were a piece of shit. I could agree my point till I was blue in the face and it wouldn't change the mind of someone who may or may not be am avid iPhone junky. Really the only thing that changed in them were their hardware. A little tweak here and there and upgrade the size of the phone and hello new iPhone 6. Yeah I wouldn't even wipe my own ass with them. 

But that is after all what makes for good conversation. Sometimes you could get into the best conversations with people if they were a tad hot headed. Not that I wanted to right now, alas I hated the thought of getting into a debate right now. Only person right now that I would do that with would be the asshole that was supposed to be getting a hold of me and was taking his sweet precious time with it. If only I actually had some power to pack a punch or some shit I would have done so before leaving Seattle. 

Thinking of which it was actually a little less unnerving to know that this guy was from Seattle as well. Well at least I know I'm not the only one running around here with a bit of a civilized background. I wasn't about to go and completely bash the town. I wanted to avoid as much details as I could.  I honestly don't know why people would come here willingly, which maybe he didn't. Although most people would not be in the situation I am in. It seemed so desolate compared to it that it was on the edge of already driving me insane from the seclusion. You know this place would actually remind me of one of those towns you would see on some zombie show or some shit. Perfect set up really, and really you'd just have to throw on some extra makeup on the townspeople and they would fit right on in with their torn up clothes and all. 

So basically you're telling me this place is boring as fuck? Well I would have to change that now wouldn't I? I did after all have the perfect source for the perfect litte item to maybe get things going. I had heard there were several other gangs running about. Which obviously meant a bit of competition, but nothing I couldn't handle. Once the word got out about my product, I'm sure I wouldn't have trouble keeping clients under my belt and getting new one. Now on the other hand that did mean a death warrant over my head from everyone else, but that just meant I'd have to be more careful than I usually was.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:18 am

It seems that way. And my mindset had been just like his when I had first arrived into town but I knew better than to just a place just based on its appearances. But there is a lot hidden behind what seems like a quite little ghost town. It was up to him to discover it for himself just like I had. Of course, as a wolf every encounter was already interesting in its own, but I had seen enough in the dark corners of this town to know that humans got into enough shit of their own to fuel his curiosities.

Why is it that you can't seem to master the art of picking up the phone when I call? I turned around to see my twin brother, standing behind me and frowning profusely, glancing down at the dead phone and shaking his head. Again? You've broken another one? Apologies for my interuptions, but may I have a word with my brother? I barely got a chance to get a word in before he grabbed my arm and pulled me up, hissing under his breath. Santiago, we have a major problem

Okay, you are lucky that you are my brother otherwise that would have looked like you were some jealous boyfriend or some shit what is wrong with you? The confusion was apparent on my face, though it was wiped clear and replaced with shock and realisation when he slid a picture out of his pocket and showed it to me. We're running out of time Santiago, we need to move now. I understood, and nodded just as much. Heading over to the table I was sitting at, I picked up my phone and began speaking quickly now. Thanks for the help, I'm going to have to get going now, but if you want a cool place to hang out, try the one shot dive bar. I turned back to see that my brother had already left, cursing under my breath I swiftly followed behind, hoping that we weren't too late.

OOC Message
Santiago and his brother will be in another thread once I write it up but if Mekhi is inquisitive enough he can follow...

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics