setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Open -2] Game Time

[Open -2] Game Time

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[Open -2] Game Time

Mekhi Ward |

Posted on Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:02 pm

Thread Details

Uncommon Grounds | Rainy | 10am

OOC Message

Waking up wasn’t the best experience, didn’t help that I stayed up to the ass crack of dawn playing around with the system and cussing from the constant lag. This place was fucking shit. After dressing and slinging my laptop bag over my shoulder I wasn’t hesitant to call my so called manager either after I settled into this…charming…little town. Dude, the internet sucks here! I can’t do shit! I growled into the phone while I stuffed my other hand deep into one of my pockets. ”And why is that important…? Really, he knew this of me. I liked my gaming, and most of all I liked gaming online so I could annihilate noobs! I can’t game like I want to Richard! I heard a long sigh draw out on the end of the line. Then you shouldn’t have fucked up Ward! Jeez scream into my ear much, but I heard he dial tone shortly after so I knew that was the end of that.

Fine, didn’t want to talk to your douche ass anyways. I muttered shoving my phone back into my other pocket. Now…where is that coffee shop I saw last night? I could use something to swallow down the bitter conversation with something…just as bitter. Made sense right? Of course it did! Logic! Walking along the sidewalk my shoes splattered in a puddle from the slight drizzle of rain that had started up this morning. I don’t quite understand why I had to come here of all places. It wasn’t like it was that far from Seattle to begin with. But I guess Richard might be right. Less likely to check places closer till I could get my foot hold again. I’m sure my mother would be rolling in her grave right now if she could be.

I had tried everything to help pay for those medical bills. Everything. Cancer was just something you couldn’t fight unless you had an unlimited source of income. Which…was just impossible for someone that was in my position months ago. Cracking my neck I finally found that dinky coffee shop and pushed open the door. A small jingle echoed announcing my arrival and my eyes instantly reverted to the ‘free wi-fi’ sign. Fuck yeah. I said startling an older woman causing her to cascade her drink all over her lap. Umm…sorry. Quickly apologizing with a small shrug before I scooted up behind the counter. I guess this place wasn’t SO bad…the lines weren’t long but I’m sure this was no Starbucks either.

Ordering myself a tall black coffee with a raspberry filled pastry, I slid my money across the counter and made my way to one of the tables. Least there was free Wi-Fi and the place didn’t look like some dive you’d find in a town like this. So there was a few things that I could live with. I had to wonder though just what type of people lived here. Were they rednecks where they couldn’t speak proper English and had a fetish for NASCAR? Or were there actually decent people here that I could hold an intelligent conversation with? OR better yet maybe a fellow gamer….okay…I couldn’t get my hopes up with that one just yet.

Back to top Go down

Re: [Open -2] Game Time

Santiago Valdez | Wolf; Warrior/Fighter

Posted on Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:22 pm

OOC Message

Come on cariño, tu sabes--Sorry. You know that I like you and all---My hand pressed against the doors of the coffee shop to get inside. I had been on the phone for the past - I moved my phone away from my ear to check the time - 48 minutes with Giselle and still she didn't understand what the hell I was trying to say. But I'm not into you that way. -Yes, I know, we have been spending a lot of time together but I --Hold on. I flashed a smile at the barista and quickly ordered a large cup of black coffee before reluctantly returning to my conversation. Maybe I needed to spell it out to her like she was a 6 year old in class. I'm just not looking for a relationship like that. --No, I'm not being an ass, I'm being honest. Fuck, what the hell do you women want?

Seriously, you couldn't be truthful with them because they would lose their shit, and if you were dishonest then they would still lose their shit. What the fuck! Was there ever a right way to go about these things? I pointed at an almond croissant to the barista and waited in the queue to pay for my stuff, wincing as my eardrums dealt with the horrific sobbing on the line. Seriously? You're going to start crying on the phone? God this was giving me a headache. I was too tired for this, I had barely slept a wink last night and now she was bawling so loud I couldn't even understand what she was saying underneath all of that. Dammit, I really needed that coffee now. Look, I have to go.. I didn't know how much longer my ears could take it all. Quick, I had to make up a lie. Fuck, what do I say? My uh, brother is calling me.

I hung up quickly before she could get a word in, and let out a sigh of relief. At least for the time being I would have some peace and quiet. Till I went back to the apartment of course, I reckoned all hell would break loose then. Taking a seat at one of the tables, I rested my head on my hand and took a deep breath. Why did I always get myself into shit like this? I knew I couldn't commit to them, but I couldn't fucking stay away. Salvador was right, I needed to stop being such a horn dog and get my shit together. It was easy for him to say, he was the one who always had everything figured out, who always knew exactly what to do and how to act. I was the one who lacked the control, hell I couldn't even commit to a phone contract long enough let alone a girlfriend. The idea of being chained to something for too long made me really antsy. I don't know, I just didn't think it was something 'age' would fix. I had been like this forever and I was only getting older. At least my phone contracts didn't talk back to me. Damn, did she really have to cry so loudly? She really had given me a headache.

Ah, the fuck man, what the fuck do you want with me now?! I raged a little too loudly. My phone was vibrating again and I had just picked up my cup of coffee. Shit man, I didn't even get a sip out of it yet! Couldn't a guy drink his shit in peace? I was really contemplating tossing the fucker halfway across the wall, or at least dunking it into the coffee.

Back to top Go down

Mekhi Ward |

Posted on Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:44 am

Drawing a long sip of my coffee I contemplated what my next move should be. Did I dare test the Wi-fi…I had been all ecstatic about it earlier, but maybe that should wait for the time being. I after all was supposed to be doing ‘work’ after all. Rolling my neck a little I ripped off a piece of the fresh pastry and chowed on it for a bit before the small coffee shop was interrupted with a man arguing on the phone. Sounded like something I had been involved in before as well. The obvious clingy woman that wouldn’t take the hint…or maybe male…ah nope woman. I nodded to myself hearing the rest of the conversation. Normally I wouldn’t sit here and eavesdrop on someone’s phone call, but come on the guy made it easy to do so.

I had remembered a time where I had gone a while without a female counterpart in my life. I had decided for a while that the whole friends with benefits situation was for me till I ended up getting some crazy ass woman who had a fetish for my feet. I would wake up several times to her sniffing them and running her tongue along the bottom portion of my feet. Now that…was where I had drew my line. I mean if she had had some other fetish that wasn’t so out there I might not have been bothered by it. Maybe a bit of S&M here and there…yeah I’d be game. But not feet…or armpits, or butts. Just no. Maybe I just attracted those weird type of women…

Prolonging my thought I watched idly his behavior and the obvious annoyance and anger that was radiating off of him. Normally, I would have gladly offered some help, but I didn’t know whom I could fully trust here, and not to mention the angry version of Enrique Iglesias that plopped his head on his hand on the table just across from me. Perhaps this town might not be dull after all? Although I shouldn’t make judgements from one little outburst from just one person either. I tended to jump to conclusions a little early most of the time, and again…that’s what landed my ass in this small ass town with fucking terrible internet and the slight possibility of an IQ drop.

Umm? What? I was taken aback and my eyebrows shot up. I looked around seeing if he was speaking to someone else or if he was talking to himself. Score…for crazy Spanish guy? After all he did say ‘with me now’ maybe his phone was vibrating and it was the chick he was talking to before? And if it was the case I just made myself look like an idiot. Just ignore it? I could tell the Enrique dude was still angry, and I’m sure my jumping in probably didn’t help.

Back to top Go down

Santiago Valdez | Wolf; Warrior/Fighter

Posted on Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:17 pm

All I wanted was to have some breakfast, meet my brother and then fuck off to work. I didn't want to deal with drama, hell I hated drama. I wasn't the kind of person who even went out looking for drama. Yet, somehow it always seemed to find me to fuck me sideways with a stick up the ass. I was really losing my patience today, so of course when I heard someone respond to my ranting out loud I turned to him and looked at him dumbfounded. Why the hell would I be speaking to him? Was he involved in my telephone conversation? No. Maybe he should mind his own business.  

I dunked my phone into the coffee that I no longer felt the desire to drink and frowned deeply. Okay, I didn't need to be as dramatic as I was being right now but the buzzing was annoying me and I was beginning to feel myself getting heated up and I really didn't want to pick up the phone and say something I was going to regret later on. Of course, the only rational thing I could think to do in that moment had been to find a way to shut it up and fast. I didn't think of the fact that seconds later I was going to realise what a fucking tool I had been for doing that. SHIT. What the fuck was I going to do without a phone now?! Why did I always act so impulsively?! Ah, fuck, fuck, FUCK!

My fingers dug into the coffee mug and fished out the wet phone, dropping it onto a paper towel to pat at it manically. Maybe if I had listened to the nosy guy over there then I wouldn't be in this predicament. I'm gonna need some more of those.. I helped myself to all of his paper towels, having used up all of mine and continued to try to dry out my phone.

Do you think my insurance might cover this? I had no clue but hey, maybe he did. He looked like the kind of dude to have a clue about those things. You know? Interested in computers and gadgets, all of that cyber tech malarkey. What is it that they say you should do if your phone is wet anyway? Drop it in a bag of pasta or something? Or is it rice? Fuck. I bet the second Salvador came here he would slap me up the head and call me a fucking pendejo. He wasn't wrong.

I was a fucking asshole.

Back to top Go down

Mekhi Ward |

Posted on Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:48 am

I honestly was hoping the guy would just ignore me, but from that look I knew I was butting in. I knew the moment I had opened my mouth that he wasn’t speaking to me to begin with. Then again I had the tendency to have what everyone called ‘word vomit’. I opened my mouth and words just seemed to spew out nine times out of ten, and of course all without thought and fully processing what was going on. Probably why I got myself into trouble in most situations. Ohh…a woman asks, do these jeans make me look fat? Usually it they did I’d respond on how she should maybe lay off the hamburgers for a while. Never ended pretty either. Although I didn’t think that brutal honesty wasn’t such a bad thing, and maybe I should sugar coat things more often, but I’m sure if I did someone one day would try to find a way to eat that sugar coating.

What…the….fuck? My eyebrow rose slightly and the coffee cup I was just about to sip out of stopped at my lips. Did he really just dunk his phone into his coffee cup? And I thought that I was the only one who mindlessly did stupid shit. I mean I wasn’t stupid enough to dunk my phone in coffee, but fuck this guy had to be really irritated to do that. What a ridiculous way to piss money away down the drain, or rather bitterly drop it away. Guess…that’s umm a way of shutting it up? I noted as he quickly threw it out of the cup and took the napkins from my table. Right…now he had to be talking to me because he just fuckered up his phone. Depends, did you buy the coverage? Shrugging while I set my coffee cup down on the table and watched his frantic efforts to fix his impulses. If not then you’re about as screwed as a whore on the corner.

Pasta…how the hell did he come up with pasta to fix a phone that had been dunked in coffee? Rice. You have to take it apart and put it in rice and allow it to sit for a few hours. I couldn’t say though it that would actually help him or not. Never seen someone put a phone in coffee, but it works with water. Not quite sure if the coffee would have ruined it though. After all it’s usually hotter than what you would find in say a toilet or a puddle. Pretty sure this rageaholic version of Enrique Iglesias was fucked if it got inside the phone. Is it a Samsung Galaxy S5? If so you might just get lucky. The only phone that I knew that may have been able to sustain that…maybe. 

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics