setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Static - Page 3

[Private] Static

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] Static

Logan Milo Byrne | Human; Citizen

Posted on Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:00 pm

I rubbed my temples, circular motions that were meant to be calming, but the less it helped, the more frustrated I became. I pressed harder, which didn't bring me even close to comfort, so I dropped my hands, peeking behind myself to my back seat to see if he was there. But he wasn't. I knew this would happen though, right? I knew coming back and jumping into my old life wasn't going to be as easy as I wanted it to be. It was just... Leftover insanity from the island and too much booze. That's all it was.

I took the bottle from her hands and stared forward, but when my eyes moved to one of the entrances, there he was, peeking around the corner, still grinning, still taunting me. I couldn't tear my eyes away. I should have felt fear more than curiosity, but I couldn't. I didn't. Without even taking a drink or tearing my eyes away from the entrance, I shoved the bottle back into her hands and took a few steps forward. One blink, that was all it took and he was gone. The fucked up part was, I knew he wasn't really here. I watched him die, I was the reason he died. Even more fucked up was the fact I knew he was baiting me, he wanted me to follow him, and even knowing that didn't stop me from taking another step forward.

I finally managed to turn my head and smiled, You're not gonna puss out on me now are you? But when my head turned back forward, when she could no longer see my expression, the smile was gone, and my feet were carrying me towards the entrance. I looked up one last time before taking a step inside, and I swear I saw him in peering out the window at me. Looking down on me. And I bolted inside. I ran through the building, my shoes crunching over broken glass, and when I reached the stairs I moved to the second floor.

My feet carried me like I knew exactly where I was going. But I didn't, yet I was still moving towards something, or somewhere. Something was compelling me to turn the corner, something told me he was there. I couldn't describe it. It was like that feeling you get, when someone is watching you. You just know. Maybe it was instinct, and even though I kept repeating to myself over and over in my head that he was baiting me, I still turned the corner. And when I did, I instantly felt this hollow pain in the back of my head. Like someone just whacked me with a two by four.

That was the last thing I remembered...

When I opened my eyes I was on the ground, and Donna was beside me. Something smelled fucking rotten. It was a wretched and sour smell. Like rotten eggs, and I quickly sat up, as if sitting up would help me escape that smell. It didn't, and sitting up that fast had my head spinning. Did you see him? I asked without thinking. Jude, did you see him? I asked again, this time there was more force in my tone.

Back to top Go down

Donna Chambers

Donna Chambers |

Posted on Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:41 pm

My friend had lost it. Absolutely lost it, and I probably had too since I followed him into that shitty ass building. The place was falling apart, and I just knew that as I'd stepped inside it was going to collapse over both our heads. Logan, your tab is getting bigger and bigger, I thought as I followed him. Visually, I'd lost him, but I could hear him. I heard metal steps, and I followed him, reluctantly, even, wondering just what the fuck this punk was doing.
Logan? What the fuck? The hell's going on?
I wasn't fast enough to chase him, and the noises stopped, but eventually, I found him in that shitty place and I was so ready to get out. Why couldn't we chill outside or drink at the fucking house like normal people? But fuck, dude, he was actually passed the fuck out. My friend, you've gone mental, completely fucking mental, I said as I sat down, not having a goddamn clue what to do. I wasn't going to call 911. He was breathing, right? Maybe he'd just went to sleep. I sat, watched to make sure that fucker was still breathing, but I wasn't going to bother rolling that heavy asshole on his side until he was actually puking. Goddamn, did he owe me.
Finally, and just like that, he woke up. The creepy thing about it was that he seemed.. just alert as he had before. Logan, the only person since we left Bennigan's that I've seen is your mental ass running around. I'm officially pussing out. This shithole's probably gonna collapse on top of us. I stood up, relief washing over me that at least he was alright, and that I hadn't let him get like.. alcohol poisoning or something. Was that even possible? To me the Byrne cousins were like fucking Archer, they'd be sick if they didn't get alcohol in their blood. Can we go now? I asked as I attempted to brush the dust and dirt from my pants.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:50 pm

I was getting some static, not like my stereo, not quite as calming. It was like interference, but in my head. Fuck I wouldn't call them voices, but only because that sounded fucked up. I felt like I was me, like nothing had happened except that weird static in my head. I couldn't decipher most of the thoughts in my own damned brain. I guess that's what happens when the ghost of someone you've murdered whacks you in the head with a two by four...

You said you wouldn't think I'm nuts. I muttered, wondering how I managed to remember that. It wasn't like she said it a lifetime ago, but it felt like she did. And as I thought about it, I couldn't help feeling angry at it. Which was weird, because it wasn't something I would be angry at. I wasn't angry at her earlier when she'd said it, so why the fuck was I pissed off at it now?

No, he was here Donna- And that's when I realized, it didn't matter how much I tried to convince her, there was no way she was going to see something that was invented by my own goddamned mind. Fuck... Maybe I had gone mental...

I winced, like what she was saying was physically causing me pain, and I began to pace, like that would somehow make that unreal pain go away. My eyes finally caught hers and my expression was just... Flat. I hated her. How fucked up was that? I actually fucking hated her. And the worst part of it all was I didn't know why.

And that's when it happened, when she mentioned leaving, I felt the switch happen. I wouldn't say I had multiple personalities, but like I'd said in the past, sometimes I needed to be that version of me that was stranded on that fucking island from hell. But now wasn't one of those times, it had just switched on, on it's own. I'd stopped pacing and I just looked at her. We weren't going anywhere. She wasn't going anywhere. Do you wanna know what happened to me? I asked, taking a step closer to her.

Do you wanna know where I was for those seven months? Why I didn't call... Why I didn't write... I took another step closer, each step pushing us closer to the wall behind her. And I laughed, I didn't fucking know why I laughed, but I did. Someone took me away. They wanted to keep me away from people. They feared me. This time I'd run out of steps, and the only way I could get closer to her was by pressing my body against hers. They left me on a chunk of land with no escape. The back of my hand rubbed against her cheek and I stared so hard into her eyes I didn't even blink. I couldn't get away... And the nights were so cold Donna... I leaned forward and whispered in her ear. I was alone. Seven months of solitary confinement. Seven months without the luxury of tv, or music... Or the touch of a woman...

Back to top Go down

Donna Chambers

Donna Chambers |

Posted on Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:48 pm

I’d never asked many questions about Jude, I knew he and Logan had spent some time together, yet I thought I’d felt a smidgen of hostility toward him. I never asked, it never seemed to be important. I never saw him without Logan, so it didn’t come across my mind that I just hadn’t seen him. Had he.. did something happen to Jude there? Logan, tell me what happened. Is Jude dead? It was no longer time to give him his comfort zone. Something was clearly fucked up here. I stepped closer to him, but he just started pacing. I crossed my arms in front of me, trying to read him, but he wouldn’t even sit still. Christ, I’d never even seen him like this. I don’t think you’re.. nuts, Logan, but I can’t help you if I don’t- I didn’t finish, because I didn’t know how to. He looked wrong to me.

He started toward me, and even though something felt off, I wanted him to know I was still here. I’d still listen, but.. I could feel my heart pounding and something was wrong. Yes, I want to know wh- The feeling of my back against the wall stopped me. And honestly, this was my first real taste of fear.

Logan please back- I winced, and looked away from him. He’d never touched me this way before. Never, not even playing.

You always think you’re tough, you always think, “if someone tried that shit on me I’d-” but what followed? Nothing when you were this paralyzed by shock and fear. The only thing I could do was attempt to move to the side, to get myself out but his hand hit the wall to my side and I felt his body press harder against me.

Logan, please- I didn’t even recognize the sound of my own voice, the fear in it, and I hadn’t even realized it but I was crying. Finally, I felt the tear slide down my cheek. This isn’t you. Just t-talk to me.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:05 pm

''I was trying to help you. I was trying to help her! I'm sorry Logan, I am, I'm so sorry. Just let me try and heal you. Let me try to help again, this time will be better, I promise.''

I don't want your help! I shouted, and my voice bounced off of the walls, it almost sounded like it carried itself all the way downstairs and outside. Jude, that name felt more familiar than my own. He's not dead. My voice was heavy, just three little words and they were so painful to speak. I told you, he was here. In this room. I saw him.

Nothing made sense. The struggle to separate the word me from the word him. Neither felt right, but both felt accurate. We've talked enough, Donna. One arm kept her pinned on one side, and one leg kept her pinned on the other. My free hand moved down from her cheek, down her neck, her chest... And when it made it's way to her hips it slipped up her shirt. I just need to feel something. My vision was getting blurry, and I remembered wondering why, but not digging too deep into my own mind to find an explanation. Help me feel something.

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics