setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Static

[Private] Static

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[Private] Static

Logan Milo Byrne | Human; Citizen

Posted on Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:05 pm

Thread Details

Bennigan's | I don't remember | night

OOC Message
The italic text between the line breaks is a flashback. And I godmodded Donna saying his name. Hope that's alright!

I stumbled out of the pub doors. Debo was going off about fucking Obama again and I needed air. There were just too many people in there. It felt like the walls were closing in on me and fuck for the first time in my life, I didn't want to be around so many friends at once. For the first time in my life, I felt like I was going to have a fucking panic attack and I was not about to listen to Debo about how panic attacks are a womans disease.

I immediately rushed for my car, hoping it would calm my racing heart and bring me some comfort. I didn't know how shit went downhill so fast in there for me, everything was going as it normally would, but I just needed air. And now that I had it, I still didn't feel like I was getting enough. Jokes immediately went unfunny, beer immediately made my stomach turn, and the heat... It was so hot...

I opened the door and got in, instinctively reaching for the radio to switch it on. I scanned the radio. Each station increasingly making the feeling worse. Music was making it worse. Music never made things worse. Music was what I went to, to make things better. Song after song, even without touching the volume knob they seemed to get louder and louder as I passed over them. Louder and fucking louder, and louder, until...

Static.

The scratchy sound coming from my speakers sent my head back against my seat and I closed my eyes. My breathing was calming, the white of my knuckles as my hands gripped the steering wheel was disappearing. I could feel my heart slowing down to a normal pace. Static.

What was this place? It was like something out of a movie. Everything looked old and untouched for years... It looked like an abandoned home, aside from the fact that it was in a fucking cave. I winced as my bare feet moved over broken glass, and I limped across, avoiding each shard until I sat down on a nearby rock to look at my new wound. But my hand landed on something... My eyes widened as I realized what it was, a radio, a fucking radio. I found the switch to turn it on, not expecting a sound to come out, but to my surprise it worked. Even if it was playing nothing but static.

''Logan?'' My eyes shot open and I quickly reached forward to shut off my stereo. Yep, right here! I sat up in my seat and reached over to open the passenger door for her. I don't suppose you snuck booze out with you did you?

Back to top Go down

Donna Chambers

Re: [Private] Static

Donna Chambers |

Posted on Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:35 pm

The only thing I could figure was that Logan had the shits, but even that made no sense, unless he was hoping to take a shit somewhere outside. Nothing ever seemed to actually be wrong with Logan - except.. fuck. Wasn’t he sick sick or something? He didn’t talk about it, and from what I could tell he did a damn good job of hiding it, but maybe now something was really wrong. And maybe it had something to do with why he had been gone so long. I knew he had his pride, and I usually respected that, but this was one of those fucking times when shit could be bad, and his pride could suck a big hairy dick.

I excused myself and pushed open the doors, looking around, not just for Logan but for his car. I was kind of shit about estimating time, but I didn’t think he’d had time to actually be far away. But walking toward the parking lot that feeling in my stomach at least lightened up as I saw the car was still there and there was his tall ass head right there in the driver’s seat. I knocked on the window and called his name, wondering if he was passed out. Once he opened the door and I saw that he was alright, I realized that I’d been holding my breath and I finally exhaled.

No, man. Didn’t really think about it. You alright, man? I got in the passenger seat and closed the door, trying to look for.. well I don’t know, whatever the hell sick people looked like, but it was hard to see in the dim light. I mean, I know this isn’t your kind of scene to talk about this shit, but I mean it. Something wrong?

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:08 pm

Party foul. I grinned, but at this point I was forcing it. I'd calmed down, and frankly, I wasn't about to admit what had happened. It wasn't even what had happened that had me acting like such a pussy. It was just discomfort over it all. People, drinking, women, friends, music, these things were my thing. What would be left of me if I couldn't have my thing anymore? Damn, even that thought sounded unusually emo. My lip even curled up in disgust as I thought about. Hell nah I wasn't gonna turn into my cousin. I had this shit under control.

Yeah, yeah, shit, I got this. You know I'm always good. I laughed as I nervously reached for the stereo again, an act that was obviously just a way for me to pretend we weren't having this conversation since I'd just shut the damn thing off. What you want? We got... Pop... Pop... And country. Clearly the radio hasn't improved in my absence. I was dodging, and maybe she could see right through it, maybe she couldn't.

My personality just, swapped. I didn't even realize it'd happened until my smile disappeared and I switched off the stereo, deciding music wasn't what we needed at all. I just needed air yanno? Those are my friends, our friends in there and they're cool and shit but... Fuck you'd think I was abducted by aliens from the questions and all of the talking and pawing and shit. I just needed a breather, that's all.

Back to top Go down

Donna Chambers

Donna Chambers |

Posted on Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:45 am

I reached to turn off the radio but Logan beat me to it. Maybe he hadn't really seen the Mama Donna side of me, and Mama Donna wasn't letting this go.  And luckily he started to spill. Well, damn, that was easier than I thought. And wasn't it funny, how so many people wanted attention, did the dumbest shit for it, and here Logan was, in his car hiding from it.  

"Logan, do you remember when Robert first caught me? And I came home and moved back in with Mom for a while?" It was a rough time, and probably a time in my life when I hated myself the most. I felt as though I had wrecked someone's life. I knew I did. It wasn't just that Robert had to start over but all I could do was think about all the ways I had hurt him. 

"About a week later when I went MIA? This was like that, times ten, Logan " 

I sighed and looked at him, pursing my lips and thinking about just how hard it would be to dig out of him his own struggle, just where he went, why, why he came back and why he never talked to anyone. Why he never talked to me. 

" I'm not gonna make you tell me about it tonight, but some time, okay? I mean what why you were gone."

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:30 pm

I wasn't the kinda guy that lied. Yeah maybe I'd told a few, or a lot, but shit I was more known for my honesty than anything else. I always found a way to sugarcoat shit with jokes so I never had a problem. But the weirdest thing about now was, I was lying by not saying anything at all. I could admit it, but I didn't like it. I didn't like hiding things and keeping secrets, especially from my friends. And I hadn't intended to at all actually, but shit I didn't want this to be some ''Oh my life was so hard.'' speech fully loaded with comforting pats on the shoulder and sad expressions. That's how I felt it'd turn out if I said what I really wanted to say. I mean shit, there was a reason I kept my illness a secret from most people when I was sick. Vaguely, but yeah? I looked up at her, knowing her point was going to follow.

And it did.

And I felt guilty.

She was trying to relate, and yeah in a way she could. That always made shit easier. Maybe she could understand? So maybe I hadn't discovered I was gay and ended my marriage, maybe my situation was vastly different than hers, but I wouldn't say it was harder. It was just different. I felt like I owed her something. I mean, as much as I tried to brush off my time away like it was no big deal these were my friends here. Didn't they deserve the truth? Or at least part of it? Some of it? Just a fraction of the truth? Something to get them by? If anytime was a good time it was now. We'd both had some drinks and with any luck we'd both forget about it tomorrow, right?

You know you did the right thing though, right? I was asking questions to which I already knew the answers. But I wanted her to know that I thought she did the right thing. Even if it put a metaphorical ''No Logan'' chastity belt around her hips. I mean... Partially. The right thing would be making me an exception but, I'm sure you'll learn that on your own. In time. I grinned another forced grin, but this one slightly less forced than the last.

I groaned and leaned back as I aggressively rubbed my face. Well shit I want to tell you, and I want to tell you now but you're gonna think I'm nuts. Could I prove it to her? Yeah, I probably could. But shit ignorance was bliss. I wasn't sure I wanted to take that away from her. Do you uh... And I'm just curious, this actually has nothing to do with where I've been but I have to know. - Do you believe in ghosts? Just how much would she try to rationalize what I wanted to tell her? Just how much did I actually want to tell her?

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics