setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] You'll meet her in the woods.

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Logan Milo Byrne | Human; Citizen

Posted on Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:33 pm

Thread Details

Forest | Clear | idk, some time after dark?

In the woods, when the moon is red.

It wasn't until I reached the clearing and could actually see the sky when I realized a harvest moon hung in the sky. I felt a chill run down my arms. No, it was just a coincidence. The Warlock couldn't have been right. I wouldn't accept it. Plus the rest of his tale hadn't come to pass. It was just a coincidence... I looked down at my phone, trying to switch my mind into the other version of me. The kind that just loved women and partying and laughing with good friends, but this dreadful feeling in my gut made it impossible. I couldn't reply to Debo's text, not now. I'd come here to find that tree, but after seeing pine and evergreen over and over again, I was beginning to feel I would never find the white-

My body had turned around, and right behind me stood the white tree. It wasn't there when I passed through this clearing earlier. It wasn't there only moments before when I entered the clearing again. The fuck... I knelt down to place my hand on it's bark, but immediately pulled it away as I heard my skin sizzling. I winced as I looked down at the singed skin on my hand. This was the tree alright, but it didn't have the mark... The mark, I needed to find the mark.

Back to top Go down

Re: [Private] You'll meet her in the woods.

Nïya Kaminski | Vampire; Classic

Posted on Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:54 am

OOC Message

"No, no..please no!"

This had been going on for the last 20 minutes. He would run, I would catch him, bite him and let him go just to watch him run all over again. Frankly I was taking enjoyment out of it, it was like a game of cat and mouse and I loved to watch him quivering in fear. "Please, I have a family!" He cried out shakingly, as if somehow that was supposed to tug a chord with me. Perhaps he thought there was a slither of goodness in me that might cause me to think twice about what I was inevitably going to do to him. Good on him for trying. Shame it was evidently going to be pointless on me. Come on now...Andrew, right? That's your name I had already forgotten. Don't feed me bullshit, I know you're working for that bastard. It would be typical of him to send off malleable little minions to do his bidding, I wasn't stupid, I had seen him follow me around for most of the evening. He had been outside of my apartment, and behind me just enough to appear discrete for the remainder of my evening but clearly he was not discrete enough.

I should have torn right into him, but I wanted to make him suffer. Most importantly, I wanted to send Vox a message. I didn't know what his game was, or why he was having me followed but there was no one else it could be and I was ready to show Vox I was willing to participate in his little games. Though if he wanted to send me dinner as a gesture of apology he should have at least sent me one with a tight little body. I preferred women when it came to food - he would have known this if he had paid enough attention to me and less attention to that little whore progeny of his. "I have no idea who you're talking about. Please, let me go." I nodded in agreement. I was sure he had no recollection of such man, and even less of such orders given to him but that did not mean he was allowed a free pass to freedom.

Sadly his day was about to get messy, and so was I.

Pushing him to the ground, my foot dug forcefully into his chest and I towered over him, manipulating his mind so that I wouldn't have to hear another word.I would love to do just that. I dug my heel deeper into his chest causing him whimper in pain. But you see, I ran out of my nice girl pills last night so unfortunately you're going to have to deal. The heel of my shoe was shoved hard until it pushed through his chest cavity and I sighed as I realized his blood had splattered upwards on my legs, decorating my brand new shoes. I stepped off him now and dragged him by his clothes so I could rest him up against a tree and poked my finger into his bloody skin, collecting his blood on my fingertip and tastefully tracing my initials on his forehead. It was fucked up, but I was hoping, no, aching for Vox to somehow see this. For Vox to know that it was game on.

It was a peculiar sensation, but something told me that this was only the beginning and I wondered just how many humans would have to suffer the consequences of this war between us, and whether I was yet to experience a true taste of what was to come. I was cocky, but I wasn't entirely stupid. I had lived with Vox for centuries. God, I had lived for Vox for centuries. He was capable of a lot worse. So, maybe a part of me wanted to see whether he deemed me worthy of his best attack. The thought was something I quickly pushed away despite knowing that deep down a part of me was hoping that he did, and knowing that in truth I was still craving his attention. I was so lost in my thoughts I had almost missed him in my walk back, no doubt he was another fool sent to follow me around and see what I was getting up to. What exactly was his plan?

What do you think you are doing? I cut straight to the chase. Okay, so I was sure he could probably ask me the same thing considering my appearance but I was more concerned about his presence then I was about the first guy. I mean, he I had seen follow me around, but this dude right here I hadn't realized at all. Was this what he was trying to do? Send me a decoy to sink my teeth into while he got the real deal doing their work. Fuck if I was going to let myself be served on a platter. I crossed my arms and eyed him suspiciously, noticing the singed skin on his hand and pondering the idea of him spontaneously combusting. Did someone send you here?

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:32 pm

OOC Message

I had my phone against my ear and I was nervously pacing back and forth, my eyes glued to this fucking tree waiting for some symbol to magically appear, which wasn't that far fetched considering the tree itself did magically appear. When I heard the voice on the other end, I didn't even wait for them to finish their ''hello'' before speaking. That thing, the warlock told me. I know you think it's bullshit but- I glared, wide eyed and confused as the tree in front of me flickered, like it was a hologram shorting out. I found the um... I reached my hand out to touch it again, hesitant because of the way it'd burned me last time, but I needed to... My hand went right through it. What the fuck... - ''Oh you fucking moron. You were on that island for too long. The warlock is a trickster you fucking fool!'' - What? - A trickster, a fucking charlatan, a fraud you idiot! He's a fucking collector of souls. Goddamnit Logan don't tell me you already fucked up your first mission back on the main land...'' - I... He's not a fucking fraud I'm looking right at the goddamned tree. - ''Let me guess, it magically appeared. Jesus fucking Christ... Get out of there. He's probably at your place right fucking now taking something of yours. All he needs is a damn strand of hair before you left, saliva left on your toothbrush, anything and you're his puppet. Get the fuck out of there and call me when you're no longer a fucking retard.'' He hung up before I could say anything else, and coincidentally, the tree disappeared at the very same time...

Could he be right? Was I fooled that easily? The fact that the rest of what the Warlock had said hadn't come to pass made me wonder. Panic rushed through me as my mind did a complete one-eighty. Maybe he was right, and if he was... Shit I needed to get back home, I needed to- "No, no..please no!" My head instantly turned in the direction of the voice. My hands balled up into fists, and I could feel it happening again. That red hot feeling in my knuckles. The curse... No... No... Please no... My eyes shot wide open and I started running in the direction of the voice. My feet came skidding to a halt as I waited, my head shooting around in every direction, waiting to catch the trail again. ''Did someone send you here?'' This time a woman's voice. I instantly knew where they were, and I started running again, this time spotting the man on the ground, and the woman towering above him. I didn't even get a good look at her face before I pulled the silver root coated dart from my pocket. Maybe she was... Maybe she wasn't, and I was going to find out either way. I crashed into her and jabbed the vampire poison into her neck. Run man! Run!

My eyes finally met hers and I felt a chill run down my spine. It's... I stumbled back. No, could it be another coincidence? He spoke of the woman... I'd meet her in the woods. Hazel eyes... Blonde hair... The snake...

Back to top Go down

Nïya Kaminski | Vampire; Classic

Posted on Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:27 am

Perhaps I would have gotten my answers easier if I hadn't rammed my foot into his chest. I knew I should have taken my time with him but I couldn't help my impulsive nature, and he had began to annoy the fuck out of me. Why was it so hard to tell me the truth. All I needed to hear was his name and that would be the end of that. He could die a quick death, hell I'd even make sure it looked as 'natural' as possible so there wouldn't be any suspicions raised where his family was concerned. I would have granted him that much, had he granted me with a honest answer in return. "No..one..sent me..here." I could barely understand him in between his bouts of coughing up blood as it was, so it was really frustrating when I had to work to listen to his answer only to find he had revealed nothing to me. 

I was beginning to feel irritated and the game we were playing was quickly becoming a chore for me. I was no longer finding this entertaining and I hoped he could see that in my eyes. I would rip him into shreds if that's what it would take to get an answer out of him. I struggle to believe th-- My head snapped back at the sounds of heavy footsteps and in a split second my neck felt as if it was alight and I almost stumbled to the ground had it not been for that tree in front of me. My fangs clicked down involuntarily and I turned to take a look at the culprit who'd attacked me, grabbing the object he'd struck in my neck and tossing it to the side. My teeth gritted together as I braced through the searing pain. I was pissed off; naturally. And now he had let Andrew or whatever the fuck his name actually was get away. I could try to run after him, but I had my priorities set on the bastard who just stumbled backwards like he'd finally realised he might have messed with the wrong bitch in the woods.

Just where do you think you are going? I met him at super speed, forcing him against the nearest tree. If he thought he was going to run in and be superman to that little prick and then run off on his merry way he was very mistaken. You interrupted me. Perhaps he was also working for Vox and was ordered to keep guy 1 safe from harm. There could be a number of reasons frankly, but that was besides the point. He had annoyed me, and I was very pissed off. You attacked me. My grip tightened on his neck. Fuck, I could still feel it burning even now. I don't think that was very nice of you, do you? Now I would have to track that other guy down and kill him off, if he wasn't dead by now. Is that how you treat a lady? --Do you honestly think you did him any favours?

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:43 am

I just stared at her, eyes wide and breathing through my mouth. It was her. The warlock had told me about her. Maybe he was a trickster, maybe that was true, but there was no denying it. He said under the harvest moon... In the woods, with the fucking tree and the woman. Jesus fucking Christ she was the snake he was talking about and I wasn't prepared for it. I wasn't ready to meet her yet.

I'd come to realize long before I hit the mainland again, that my seven months stranded on that god forsaken island weren't pointless. The secrets I'd come to realize... The raw power and evil of her kind. The curse I'd been cursed with... It all meant something, it was all leading me to something... Either that or away from something. But it didn't matter. This was the woman he spoke of, and I couldn't let her go, not now. If I did, my mission would never be complete.

I'd been standing there like a damned fool for so long I didn't even have a chance to prepare myself for what came next. I was pinned up against a tree and in that moment I learned something about myself. This was oddly fucking hot as hell and holy fuck now was not the time to get a woody in the woods. Especially considering she was clearly not happy. Luckily that whole... thing... It went away when I felt my air supply being cut off. And I finally began to realize she could kill me if I didn't do something. Un-fucking-fortunately I couldn't turn the curse on and off at will...

You're- - You're- h-er. I tried to speak with my last bit of breath. That poison is a rare kind from an island far away from here. If you don't let me give you the antidote you will die. And that was it, I had no air left. I was as done as done could be. In a last ditch effort to survive I brought up my feet and kicked her back. I knew her kind, she could have me back up against that tree any second but I couldn't help but kneel over and gasp and cough for air. I had to, just, fuck let me breathe.

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics