setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Peroxide - Page 3

[Private] Peroxide

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ben

Re: [Private] Peroxide

Benjamin Reese | Vampire; Infant

Posted on Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:53 am

I didn't have an answer, in fact, if I did, then we wouldn't have had this problem. Admittedly, it didn't seem like quite as much of a problem now. Maybe I'd gotten some of it out of me the night in Ace's bedroom. Even though I'd ended up... with the short end of the stick, some of my curiosity, some of my need had been met. Some. And then the feeling, the anger afterwards, the frustration, maybe had just sort of made something turn. Or maybe it was the fact that I didn't feel like she was teasing me, begging for it. Sending amorous text messages and then closing the door on the act itself had frustrated me to no end. Looking back, I was starting to feel less and less like this was my fault and my problem. 

Dress how you want, I'm certainly not complaining about that. Maybe you shouldn't tell me you want a physical if that's not what you want. It was a bold statement, and maybe my grin and side eye that accompanied it let her know it was a joke, maybe it didn't. Maybe it wasn't even a joke. But I was only making it hard on myself, because that animal in me remembered just why I had wanted to give her what she'd asked for whether she really wanted it or not. Ask and you shall receive. 

I think that I was almost relieved to hear there were some rules and I think that in a way I'd always inherently knew they were there. There was no magical letter from Vampire Hogwarts giving you a list of no-nos, but if you had any common sense at all you found the examples around you and could pick up on what you needed to know. It wasn't like she hadn't taught me anything, either. I didn't feel like it was a knowledge deficit on my part - it was more of a psychological adjustment that needed to happen. My need for control over every little thing in my life was... overwhelmed. But soon, I would adjust. I would find my pattern and I would find my control. I could sense it happening even as I spoke with her. Eventually, I might even find my strength and my power in this. 

Interesting, I said, maybe a hint of a bored undertone. I'm guessing Gayle is high up in their ranks? She's... kind of fucked up. Are you living with her? She still seemed to be intent on both Noelle and I living with her, which surprised me, really. Shouldn't she be some crazy old reclusive bat? Didn't she want to be alone? And I understood wanting Noelle there, but not me. I'm not myself if I can't take care of myself. That doesn't mean I don't need you. How I needed her? Why I needed her? Fuck, I didn't know. But something felt... lighter now that I'd been near her, and not in the way it was when I'd found her with Sofia. Like the world was a hot mess and now it was starting to patch itself up for the simple reason that I'd been near her. That I'd heard her voice without anger, without... some undertone of pain. She was good at putting on a stoic front, but because we shared that ability, I knew there was something else underneath. And right now, I'd almost suspect it was happiness.

Better than alright? I doubt that's what your maker would have to say about me. And for a split second I almost thought of Gayle as an inlaw. But if was different, it wasn't like Noelle was my wife, but as fucked up as I thought Gayle was, she still made me want to impress her. I um.. I ran my fingers through my hair, and my hand stopped at my neck where it kind of squeezed as I debated whether or not to bring it up. Did she tell you? About uh.. nevermind.

Back to top Go down

Noelle Faye Benson | Vampire; Infant

Posted on Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:21 pm

Didn't he realize? I liked the game. I liked toying with him and leaving him frustrated. Maybe it was cruel of me, but it made me feel powerful. How many women were strong enough to do that to Dr. Reese? How many women had that much power over him? Yeah, admittedly, I wanted him to have some power over me, but I'd like us to share in that ability. There was no way I would give it up simply because it frustrated him, in fact, this conversation was sending my ego through the roof already. Why would I want to stop that?

Who said that I didn't want one? I grinned and looked him right in the eye. Maybe I'm wrong, but I always just assumed you're like me. Once you've had a taste it's time to find a new flavor, right? Maybe I was wrong, and if I was, great, but something told me I wasn't. I'd love for you taste me, but even more, I'd prefer to be caviar. That wasn't the best way of putting it. I wouldn't call myself easy, but I definitely didn't have a caviar price tag around my neck. Either way, I didn't care about being caviar to the rest of the world, the point was, I cared about being caviar to him.

I wouldn't say that. We're the ''rebellion'' Benjamin, by default. And yes and no. It's not easy. I want to be with her, but with you here I'm spread between both cities. Was my hint strong enough? I wouldn't force him to move in with Gayle, but I wished I would allow myself to. If he'd just give her a chance he'd see how loving she could be. Maybe she was a bit relentless, but that didn't make me think less of her, it made me feel safe. You should really try to understand her... Get to know her. She's complex, I will say that, but she's a lot older too. Them not getting along was possibly the worst part of this situation.

I think the world knows you can take care of yourself, Benjamin. He'd probably be the only young vampire to survive and conquer if his maker died. Not even I was sure I'd be able to keep living if Gayle was gone. I'd be lost, and it wasn't just the thought of a broken heart that would kill me, it was the simple fact that I needed her. Had I needed air, that's what she would be to me. Air.

Well, does her opinion matter, or mine? That's what it came down to. And maybe my opinion didn't matter at all to him, but something told me it mattered more than hers. Nevermind? He should have known that wasn't going to fly. Tell me about what? We haven't exactly... Sat down and talked in quite some time and ''nevermind'' has me feeling uneasy. So please, elaborate. Now I was worried, but was I ever not worried when it came to information both my progeny and maker knew, but I didn't?

Back to top Go down

Ben

Posted on Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:42 pm

Should I be flattered or pissed? Saving the best for last, or just being a goddamn tease as I thought? Before the topic had come up, I’d thought I was sated at least in that arena with us. It was just about curiosity, right? What she would be like? I knew, and yet now that feeling that I had something to prove to her had returned. Except this time, it was at least slightly different. And now, even though it didn’t bother me that I’d been supposedly turned on a whim I wanted to make her question herself on the matter. I wanted her as enamored with me as I was with her. I resolved to make it happen.

I’ve never been a big fan of caviar, I said, but my grin said I knew what she meant. But you’re not wrong, usually. This is different, and you know it. I wasn’t insinuating we’d be in love, or anything like that. I just knew that from what I had learned about this bond between us, a fuck here and there wasn’t going to make it go away. If that was the case, I would have already moved on. I would have already considered her too much work, too twisted with too many issues to mess with. I’d seen at least what actually mattered, and I still wasn’t fucking done, even if I wanted to be.

I fell onto my back, leaving my knees bent up, but instead of looking to the stars I rolled my eyes and gaze to her. The rebellion? I raised an eyebrow. I don’t see any argument with what they’ve asked of us, at least if all they’re asking is a little secrecy. Seems a small price to pay, really, but I’m guessing there has to be more than that. I didn’t want to talk about her anymore, even if I was starting to fold a little. Even if the idea of giving in, or at least some sort of compromise was starting to sound at least a little more appealing. At the very least, I would be around her more, I’d learn about her. I wanted everything about her in my head. Her weaknesses, her strengths, her moods. Not just because this was some kind of battle. I just wanted to know.

I looked away, and was pleased, at least for a moment. It was a success, an achievement. But I wanted to be more, I wanted to be a force to be reckoned with, and now, now that I felt less under her thumb, it felt more within my grasp. At least until the thing was brought up.

It’s nothing. Maybe she hadn’t actually sent Noelle the picture. Maybe she was just as bad with head games as Noelle was. She just.. she didn’t send you any.. pictures of me? I had to know for sure before I covered that little incident with loose dirt. I watched for any little change in her demeanor or expression, since at some point I also had to learn to tell when she was lying. I mean.. I just ran into her a while back, is all. She knows something about my dad.

Back to top Go down

Noelle Faye Benson | Vampire; Infant

Posted on Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:42 pm

I knew when I was doing it. In the back of my mind I knew, but I still did it. I'd become so adept and lying that I even fooled myself into believing my lies most of the time. Admittedly, there were plenty of occasions when I told Benjamin what I thought he wanted to hear, and the lies became so elaborate that I fooled my own brain into thinking out long chains of rationalization. In fact, it was so much a part of me I couldn't even be certain how many times I had lied to him tonight, if at all. How could I be aware of such a trait, yet not realize when I was doing it, or even remember the last time I had?

There's always a way out, isn't there? I grinned. It was so like him, it seemed. Not only to find himself a way out of a metaphor but a way out of anything. He was just being sassy, and I knew it. Caviar was not the point, and both of us knew that. Yes, it is different. I admitted, no longer desiring to point out the fact that while maybe getting off got him off, not getting him off got me off. It was a cruelty I had no desire to remedy. And I did feel a bit guilty for it, but mostly, I didn't.

Yes, it goes so much deeper than that. Honestly, I don't know, it's complicated. As is everything with our kind. When history doesn't mean a lifetime, and instead means several lifetimes, naturally things are going to be complicated. I sighed, wanting to talk more on the topic but just not knowledgeable enough to tell him anything useful. It wasn't like Ursula and I sat down and talked about this crap over tea, and it definitely wasn't like I'd asked Gayle. Not yet anyway.

Yes, she did. But I wasn't exactly given details. Had anyone other than Gayle sent me the picture I would have been worried. But because she did, I knew the situation was handled. I guess that was why I didn't think much about it. Until now, now I was out of my mind with curiosity. What does she know... I asked, finally feeling a little worried over the situation.

Back to top Go down

Ben

Posted on Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:34 pm

I bit down on my bottom lip, rested my forearms on my knees and looked away. Not with you, Noelle, there’s no way out with you. I paused and turned my head back in her direction, realizing that that was probably yet another fucked up thing for me to say. I mean, shit, that’s okay. I’m good with that. At least, better than I have been. Yeah, it was half-hearted. Right now my desire had been partially fulfilled with her, and it had been enough but the longer I was here, the longer I was without her seeming so disappointed in me, the more we talked, the more that feeling came back to me. The more that need came back to me and I couldn’t understand it.

Well, you know as well as I do, I’ve got a lot of time to figure that shit out. But it’s a little painful isn’t it? That even with this gift we can’t escape goddamn politics. Not surprising, but definitely disappointing. Maybe it didn’t have to be that way, and I knew that. It was just something else to make me want to avoid Gayle, and I didn’t want her to be unhappy, but Noelle seemed.. above all of that, and I wanted her to stay that way. Couldn’t we just leave that mess, go somewhere new and create our own horrors together? I would be okay with that, moreso, I wanted that. It was the first time ever for me that I’d wanted something so much as soon as the idea had occurred to me. But I was still me, and I still would be methodical about it. I would plan this, I would work for it, and reap the rewards, just as I had done before.

This was my free ticket, whether she knew it or not, I’d get out of telling the story. A way to glaze over my goof, and I could simply fill her in.

There’s not much to it. Basically, the fuckwad that ran out on me when I was… I don’t know, two? He’s found me and I guess running away from the responsibility wasn’t enough, now he wants me dead. Says he’s in some religious nutjob army. This was simply cemented my new goal, and I even smiled a little at the thought. Just having this alone, was enough to make me feel… a little more together. After a few moments of silence I spoke again. I’m not worried about it. He’s still a human, he can’t do much, especially now that I’m aware, but Gayle seems insistent that he’s a threat. I stopped staring off ahead as I spoke, realizing I needed to read her reactions as much as she would allow. I think it’s nothing more than a fib to get me to go with her.

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics