setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Peroxide

[Private] Peroxide

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ben

[Private] Peroxide

Benjamin Reese | Vampire; Infant

Posted on Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:26 pm

Thread Details

Library | 55F | 10pm

OOC Message
Clothing which is soaked in blood by the end of the post ;) vampire problems, amirite?

I’d never actually been to the library here before. Hell, I’d almost never been to a library ever. But it was one of my first thoughts once I’d fully woken up, for many reasons. Gayle had been right, I had grown tired of bottom feeding as she had called it, and where the hell had it gotten me? Really, nothing but trouble. Did I have a moral issue with feeding on someone normal? Someone good? Feeding? Nah, killing.. well.. I didn’t know. I didn’t want to kill Sofia, and clearly I wanted to save her from Noelle’s wrath. Maybe it was simply the mistake of hearing her history. Everyone had some sad story to tell, right? I had my own daddy abandonment issues. Somehow I didn’t think that was all it was with Sofia. Once I’d given her my blood, I’d made her mine, maybe not in as complete of a way as siring her would be, but.. it was as close as I was ready for right now.

I knew that the place was closed, but lights were on and I saw the silhouette of a woman inside. In fact, I could hear her humming some random tune while she put away books. She’s so.. normal. She’s so human. Maybe Noelle would be proud. Would she, though? I felt like figuring out exactly what she wanted from me was like walking through a house of mirrors. Every little thing we said to each other was distorted into something different before it reached our minds. How could I feel so connected to her when we seemed to be living in two completely different universes? I pulled out my phone, knowing after this I would want to see her. I would need to see her. The sooner I sent the message, the better. I waited until I saw the woman locking the door behind her, then hit send.

Her
I'd really like to see you. I'm at the library if you have the time.

I began walking toward the woman, realizing she wasn’t as old as I had expected. Straight, brown hair, glasses. Probably early 40’s. Why did I expect the typical old lady with a bun? She looked, as expected, surprised to see me.
Excuse me, I don’t suppose they’re still open? I know I’m late, but I’d really like to return this book for my friend. It’s going to be late if I don’t.
”I’m sorry, I just locked up, but I’m back first thing in the morning. I won’t tell if you don’t,” she smiled.
What a shame, I was really hoping to take care of my business tonight. It wasn’t some clever scheme of playing with my food, no gift of whitty last words for her to hear. I went straight for her neck and then the rest was a euphoric thirst quenching, hunger sating blur. By the end of it, I somehow managed to find myself on the rooftop of the library, her arm in my lap and my chest covered in blood. And I was reminded of the part I actually found the most fucked up about it all - the fact that vampires existed for thousands of years, and we still had nothing better than fucking peroxide for blood stains. I licked my lips, and noticed a pool of blood that had gathered in a fold in my pants. I dipped my index and middle finger in it, and closed my eyes as I painted my neck with it.

Back to top Go down

Re: [Private] Peroxide

Noelle Faye Benson | Vampire; Infant

Posted on Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:50 pm

OOC Message
Outfit minus the accessories because ew. And let's go ahead and change the color of the shoes deep red and nails are her usual vamp claws. Hair is down, straight, and parted in the middle. makeup isn't too different from the girl in the picture, except her lips are probably a deep matte red to match the shoes.

I had a present locked away. I wanted Gayle to take it seriously. I wanted Gayle to take me seriously. If my relationship with my progeny was going to be rocky, then I needed my relationship with my maker to be anything but. When I started this mission, I fully intended to put a bow around the girls neck and let Gayle unwrap her gift, but now? I didn't want to make this some cartoon story, she needed to take me seriously. So, we would throw a dinner party. The kind that involved her employees, something classy, something where everyone could see that I wasn't just some careless progeny. That I had something to offer. I didn't know what changed, I was still reckless, I knew I was, but I really wanted to be a part of something more. You'd think having a longer life span would mean you'd have more room to give your life meaning, but if anything, a longer lifespan hindered that. I had more time to fill.

My eyes were already on my phone when it buzzed in my hand. It was the last thing I'd ever expect to see. It was the last person I'd expect to hear from right now. And as much as I didn't want it to, it made me happy. No, I needed to be angry. I needed to punish him for... For what again exactly?

The library was a peculiar place to meet. Then again, maybe this was just some evil plan his human and he conjured up. Lure me to the last place anyone would look and do the only thing they could to break that bond, end my life. I looked up, I already knew where he was. I frowned, things were just getting weirder and I was feeling more and more uneasy about it. Why here? Why up there? God he was the first and last person I wanted to see and talk to. I should have left, and that was the very thought on my mind when I found myself standing behind him. My expression was blank, not even the smell of blood had the power to change it.

I was not going to be the first one to speak. There was no way I was going to say a word to him. Not a single- You do realize... Pushing me off the roof of a building won't kill me right? Damnit...

Back to top Go down

Ben

Posted on Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:40 pm

I stopped what I was doing when I felt her presence, and I stood up when I heard her voice, the arm rolling and thumping as it landed on the rooftop. I turned around to face her, and the usual eruption of emotions was there. Something I couldn’t label, and something that confused the fuck out of me. Something that frustrated me yet made me feel whole at the same time. I laughed, silently, looked down at myself, at the mess I was, and then back to her. How fucking… accurate, I felt. Like I couldn’t fucking touch her or I’d ruin her. I felt like a fucking shit stain in her life, the progeny that was nothing at all what I was meant to be for her.

Why would I want to kill you? And.. do you always dress like a goddess or do you just do it to fuck with me? I was smiling at her, probably for the first time in ages. I didn’t want to be hostile. I had felt myself caving, even if only a little, giving in to the fact that she did have some kind of power over me. I started to walk away, to another spot on the roof that was hadn’t yet been stained by my mess. I was going to make things right with her. Not for Sofia’s sake, although yes, that would be nice, but.. because I couldn’t stand this anymore. And again, this was something I wanted to try to do without Gayle’s help. I could fix this on my own. I took a seat, wanting her to know I wasn’t here to fight, I wasn’t here to leave when she said something I didn’t like. She stood out, even without the lights from the street lamps near the library, she would have stood out in the night. Before I’d have considered it arrogant, self assured, or some bullshit like that. Now I just envied her confidence. I’d never envied anyone else in my life.

I was thinking, I mean. I just.. I rubbed some of the blood from my chin and sucked on my finger while I tried to get my head straight and remember just exactly what the hell it was I wanted to say, what I had planned in my head that was going to be so good that it would fix us. I think we don’t know each other, do we? Derp. I just.. I just want you to tell me.. what it is you’ve always wanted from me? And I don’t mean from.. I mean.. why did you do it? Why did you turn me?

Back to top Go down

Noelle Faye Benson | Vampire; Infant

Posted on Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:04 pm

Had a moment ever more accurately represented the emotional turmoil between maker and progeny? The carnage didn't just cover the rooftop, it covered him. I should have learned... It was never wise to wear white around Benjamin. But it wasn't just the blood covering his clothing, his face, his arms... There was something in his expression, something that even if there wasn't blood painting the scene before me, a weight in his eyes that told me that I wasn't just here for another argument. And the worst part of it all, I saw myself in that hopeless look in his eyes. Not now, but myself back when I was newly turned, back when I was even more lost than I was now. Is this what a mother felt like? When their child was hurting?

It's important to keep up appearances. It wasn't at all what I wanted to say. I wanted to say thank you. I wanted to say that I dressed this way for him and Gayle, always. I wanted to say I wasn't near a goddess. I wanted to say a million and one things, and none of them were spoken. In fact, I spoke the one thing I didn't want to say considering how as he looked now, he was contradicting that statement. I wasn't here to put him down, even if I didn't know why I was really here, that was one thing I was certain of.

I should have known I wouldn't have been able to maintain my anger towards him. And when I moved to sit beside him, I didn't touch him, but even without touching him it was obvious he had won before the fight even began. Sitting was my sign of defeat, my white dress might as well have been a white flag. We don't. I admitted. And I wanted to tell him I wanted to keep it that way. Maybe not always, but I wanted him to be a mystery to me, at least some of him. We had a long life to live together, and I wanted to find comfort in knowing he could still surprise me. I needed that. Anyone I'd grown to know in the past left me, why would I want to repeat that with my progeny?

I looked out across the lights in town, and sighed. His question was a mess, much like his appearance. But I knew what he was asking. I knew what he was searching for. He was searching for the same thing I was when I was turned. Purpose. Do you want a lie or the truth? I felt like I needed to tell him the lie. I felt like I needed to tell him what he wanted to hear, like he was made of glass and he'd break if I said anything else. But I also felt I owed him the truth. And that was exactly what I was going to tell him. You're probably hoping I have some deeply sentimental explanation Benjamin, but I'm not going to bend the truth for you. And I'm not going to do that because while I may not know you very well, I don't believe you're the type that needs sugarcoated bullshit. Or at least I hope you're not. I paused again, trying to gain the courage to finally tell him why. I saw it happen. But it wasn't your courage that compelled me to save you. It wasn't your selfless, and frankly, reckless act that forced me into the river after you. It wasn't your charm, your brain, your wealth...

I wanted to cry, and not because I felt like I wanted to, but because I thought maybe he'd be able to accept my answer if I was crying. Like his sympathy for me would overpower the possible anger he would ultimately feel when I told him the truth. But instead of crying, I just looked at him. I turned you on a whim Benjamin. And that is the truth. - I don't regret it, and I never will. And I hope you don't regret it either, but that is the honest truth. It had nothing to do with who you are, where you're from, where I thought you might go... It just... Happened...

Back to top Go down

Ben

Posted on Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:24 pm

The idea of pushing her from the rooftop was slightly more tempting, even if I knew two things that made it pointless: like she said, it wouldn’t kill her, and also that I could never bring myself to harm her. Even had I been physically strong enough, I knew that something in me wouldn’t let it happen. I wasn’t going to beg for her to be proud of me, but it was beginning to feel like a game. She says jump, I jump, and halfway up I find out that I was never supposed to jump in the first place. Fucking women. And how was it only just now hitting me just how bad it was to have a woman as a sire? Would a guy have been better? Would he have simply cheered me on from the sidelines as I found beautiful women to fuck then drink? Wow, that would be the dream, right? But no, I was bound to the most complicated enigmatic mess I could ever dream up.

And then the mystery intensified as I realized at least something had broken and one of us finally had gotten something we wanted. I wasn’t even sure who, but now we were talking, and I was for once understanding. Oh, yes, just confuse me more with a lie, that’d be - and then I stopped myself, running my mouth had never gotten me anywhere with her, and I knew sarcasm just more posturing and I rolled my eyes in frustration, but this time at myself. But the more she talked, I shook my head, smiling, even chuckling to myself. Would she believe me? If I told her? Maybe that was what she wanted, but me? I let her finish, but I couldn’t wipe the smile from my face. The world hadn’t completely been lifted from my back, but at least half of that mysterious responsibility had been lifted. There was nothing she had wanted from me when she turned me. In my language, she was saying that she wasn’t turning me for some purpose of hers that I wouldn’t have otherwise given two shits about. I didn’t need to be her right hand man, I wasn’t filling some void left by some ex boyfriend. She was curious, probably, just as I’d been with Sofia.

That’s um, I rubbed my forehead, and instead of wiping off any imaginary sweat or whatever I’d have been wiping off, I only smeared it with a streak of blood. Good god, I was a toddler with finger paint. That’s quite a relief, Noelle. I almost felt regret saying it, because, even as stoic as she’d been, I’m sure there had to be some emotional strain in admitting that. But it was the truth. The thought occurred to me, that this, her story, could be the lie. Hell, she was a woman vampire, by default a queen of manipulation. Maybe she wanted to me to feel like a whim. Maybe she meant it as some bullshit way of putting me in my place. But that wasn’t going to happen. I’ve never wanted to fill anyone’s purpose but my own.

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics