setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Open - 1] Lies

[Open - 1] Lies

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[Open - 1] Lies

Ursula Darwin |

Posted on Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:04 pm

Thread Details

Streets | Chilly | Shorty after dark.

OOC Message

''Cold, in'it?'' A young man, probably about twenty-six stood beside me. His hair was greasy, a dirty blonde shade that did nothing to compliment his muddy blue eyes. He was wearing a cutoff flannel shirt, and his arms were crossed, shoulders pushed up, and neck shrunk in to keep the cool air off of his neck no doubt. It only got worse the lower my eyes went. Blue jeans, or at least I assumed they were blue. It was hard to tell considering they were covered in splotchy brown patches. And at his feet, a pair of converse. Had I not seen him pull out his new iphone to check his text messages, I would have assumed he was homeless. But I suppose that was the look these days, hobo chic. Not exactly. I avoided eye contact, more fearful that people would see me talking to someone so unappealing than I actually was of him.

''What's som'n like you doin' out 'ere? You look all doll'd up, you goin som'ere fancy?'' I sighed and clicked my fangs into place before finally turning to look at him. Listen Billy Bob, you've clearly taken note of my attire, and what baffles me the most, is the fact that you can clearly see how I'm dressed, yet still assume you're worthy of speaking to me. Now your clearly from a family of rabbits, inbred parents I assume, and how you came to possess an iphone is beyond me considering I don't believe you're smart enough to actually have a job that pays well enough for you to own one, let alone smart enough to actually use one. I am hungry, tired, and in no way interested in having a conversation with you about pickup trucks and country music. But to make things clear, you're not even worthy of my fangs, let alone my time. Now be gone redneck, before remove that little larva you call a penis from between your legs to spare the world the scourge of your offspring.

I turned back to my position and returned my eyes to the building. Poison was a terribly tacky name for such a place, but befitting the patrons inside. For the first time in a long time, I was not at this location to visit my pet wolf, of whom I'd come to name Spot. No, I was here for another reason. A little vampire I'd met named Noelle. The child of my nemesis, and the very person who thought they could fool me and get away with it. I knew what the child had been up to the entire time, and that was exactly why I paid her in the same currency she had paid me, in lies. The coven I had referred was indeed a real coven, but the present she was acquiring was by no means stable. Her maker, herself, and with any luck her progeny would be burnt to a crisp before the end of the month. I only wanted to speak with her before her demise, and give her one last chance to give me what I wanted.

Back to top Go down

Re: [Open - 1] Lies

Gayle Shaffer | Vampire; Ancient

Posted on Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:23 pm

OOC Message

Vampire or not, all of us were pathetic in our own way, weren’t we? No matter how high on the totem poll we considered ourselves, all beings had their own sort of Wal-mart around here and Poison was ours. As above it as you thought you might be, you always ended up there at one time or another. And the timing couldn’t be more perfect, as I spotted the one and only Ursula fucking Darwin. It couldn’t have been better if she’d fallen into my lap.

You’re way too nice, Ursula, dear. But I understand not wanting to touch that with a ten foot pole. I stepped beside her, looking at the same building, the same red doors. The place wasn’t all bad, from experience I knew that at least it was better than that outhouse where the wolves seemed to enjoy playing. It's nice, isn't it? Having minions for our dirty work?

Back to top Go down

Ursula Darwin |

Posted on Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:38 pm

When the man disappeared, I knew he knew what I was. There was no fear in his eyes when he saw my fangs. It was disappointing. The more humans learned of our kind, the less thrilling it was to reveal ourselves. This of course, was all at the fault of the young. The ignorant. The little vampires that thought it was more fun to play twilight, to let the human go so they could have a an army of food that viewed them as a God. It was just, depressing. What was the world coming to?

I felt a chill run down my spine, a feeling that had come to replace the sensation of sneezing for me. I only knew of one creature, one woman that could cause my body to react before my mind, and I smiled, making a point to keep my eyes on the door. Caelia, always a pleasure. Our conversations always hung in the realm of the things we didn't say, opposed to the things we did. As much as I hated this woman, as much as I wanted to destroy her, she was the only one that spoke my language. It was such a pity she'd have to die.

It is, but I still get my hands dirty from time to time. I asked, finally turning my head to see her. So, what exciting event has brought the queen off of her throne? Don't tell me you came here on my account darling. My fanged grin said everything my eyes didn't. I could see right through her. It didn't matter what brand of fabric she wore, or where she placed the strands of hair on her head. I knew Caelia, and my eyes narrowed on her to make that very clear. I'm actually glad you are here love. I received news the other day that someone very near and dear to me hasn't been seen. I don't suppose you've seen Trist around, have you? Was it a shot in the dark? Maybe, but like I said, I knew Caelia. She wasn't as clever as she pretended to be.

Back to top Go down

Gayle Shaffer | Vampire; Ancient

Posted on Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:48 pm

I could never see Ursula as anything but a child. It wasn’t her physical appearance. She’d been able to reshape my view of her more than once, as reluctant as I am to admit. But when it came down to it, my Sophia proved time and time again that her aspirations were much higher than what she could take on. The idea of her attempting to work with Lilith was absolutely laughable to me. Even I was intimidated by the idea. Oh, I had no doubt she could summon the being. In fact, I wouldn’t be a bit surprised if she’d already spoken with her. But just what did that child have planned once Lilith was here? Did she think there would be a vampire convention where Lilith would have gifts under our chairs like fucking Oprah? I had my suspicions about her, and yes, I was absolutely curious, but I had my doubts that Lilith would have anything for us in the least. What were we to her? A drunken mistake?

Running into you just happened to be the icing on the cake, dear, don’t flatter yourself. Speaking of dirty work. I had been planning to send word to her about my most important.. subject. I spotted Lilah, exiting the red doors and waved, flashing a wide, knowing smile. We spoke in looks, and I was sure Sophia, Ursula, whichever name I could stand to call her these days, would be able to catch on to every one of them. Which was exactly what I’d hoped for. Lilah’s, “everything okay?” questionable glance, and my “Yes, it really couldn’t be better” smile, even a slight nod.

Trist? Oh, right, I meant to have a chat with you about that. I spoke with her just yesterday. She’s quite comfortable, really. I’d love to see her situation unchanged.

Back to top Go down

Ursula Darwin |

Posted on Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:14 pm

I suppose, anyone who desired to read my autobiography might wonder why I didn't already have Gayle's head on a spike. It might seem that my story was just one long chase, and considering I'd had plenty of opportunities to actually take her life but never seized a single one, it might seem like I was stalling. I wasn't. But what fun was there in having it out in the middle of the street, knowing one would live and the other would die? I could have a cat fight with any vampire in the dully lit streets of Index. Gayle wasn't just any vampire. And I was no fool. I may have been old, but she was older. I would lose that battle. But that was why I was the brain, rather than the brawn. And while physical torment rather suited humans, mental torment was made for vampires. So, it would take time, and even if the atomic bomb I had so carefully introduced into her company went off, Gayle would survive it. Her progeny however wouldn't be so lucky. And that was phase one.

I gave the woman across the street a friendly grin and began making a mental note of the situation. Gayle was no fool, she knew who I worked for, and quite frankly, us speaking together was rather ironic considering our diplomatic differences. However it was very clear to me that she was either not afraid of me, or wanted me to believe she wasn't afraid of me. It didn't matter which was true, my plan would still work either way. It has been some time though hasn't it? I do miss our chats so very much. Oddly, I meant it, and not in a menacing way either. She was still Caelia, and as much as she needed to pay for her crimes, she was the only one outside of my own family that had seen the things I'd seen all that time ago.

It's funny isn't it? After all of this time you should know that I don't keep my heart with my siblings. But... I sighed, and turned my attention back to that blood red door. Unfortunately, as we both know, I am going to have to ask that you return her. I examined my nails, growing bored with this conversation. We both knew as much as Caelia wanted to be the queen of ice hearts, she didn't have it in her to start a war she wouldn't win. No, she was smarter than that. So the question was... If she wasn't starting a war, then what exactly what she doing? I must ask, what is it about Trist that is so valuable to your wicked plans?

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics