setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Open - 1] Smooth Criminal - Page 2

[Open - 1] Smooth Criminal

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Open - 1] Smooth Criminal

Sigurd Reese | Army of God; Hunter

Posted on Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:33 pm

No, people didn’t normally help ever anymore, and that was what was wrong with this world. I’m not saying I’m some kind of saint, but what a world we lived in when you couldn’t help a person without them suspecting you have some ulterior motives? Maybe I saw the past - well, as much of it as I could see before the event - through rose colored glasses. Maybe I was in a small isolated place where yeah, people did bad things, but they did some good too. In the force, when a brother needed help, he always had it. With few questions asked on either end.

Five hundred dollars, that’s a lot. But.. I knew better this time, I learned quickly how to handle people or at least I’d liked to think so. I dealt with people who had pretty massive wounds, people who were dying at the hand of a stronger force. This kid might have been scarred, but he would be easy. So I didn’t make the deal yet, but I would. But only after I showed him why.

We’re not going to the hardware store, guy. You want to know why I want to help you? This time, knowing there was a clearing in the clouds, the lighting was good, and I was going to show him. I turned my head, and pointed to the patches of skin that were slightly lighter than the surrounding area. It’s hard to see, but after thirty years or so, it fades away. But a long time ago mine looked a lot like yours. I let my hand fall and turned my gaze back to him. That’s not an open invitation to talk about it, just a simple answer to your question. I’ve been there.

I could have been wrong, I knew that. People were so twisted now that they actually wanted to be bitten. They wanted involved with these monsters. And sometimes, I wanted to rescue those people, to help them out of whatever pit they’d fallen in to make them think that was something they wanted, and other times… well I just wanted to put them out of their misery.

So we’re not going to the hardware store, we’re going to go pay those fines. And you can pay me back in work. My place needs a little TLC. Nothing huge, some paint, some yardwork, maybe you could help me build that deck I’ve been working on for the last few months. I wasn’t going to just hand him five hundred dollars, and I didn’t know him from squat, so whether or not he’d actually do the work… well I had ways of holding someone to their word.

Back to top Go down

Lenny Tronconi | Army of God; Hunter

Posted on Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:59 pm

I screwed the notice up further in my hand and glared at it as if it might make the paper disappear and the fines with it, but as soon as the old guy mentioned 'but' my head shot up again. I stared at him, an open-mouthed frown on my face and fighting between curiosity and annoyance at him telling me what to do. The curiosity won out and I listened.

Huh? I frowned further, squinting to try and see what was on his neck. It was faint, but when he angled it and the sun hit the patch of skin the faded scar became more apparent. It sent a jolt of nausea through me stomach, but I wasn't even sure why. I pushed it down and explained it away to myself as my distaste of hospitals, trying to ignore it, trying to move past the fact that the possibility of him looking at the scars on my neck also made me feel inexplicably uncomfortable. My hands brushed against them, hiding them momentarily before I let them drop. It wasn't a big deal. They were brutal looking scars, but they weren't that bad. I moved my gaze from the guy's neck to his eyes again when he shifted, still frowning at him, still mostly confused.Why was he making such a big deal over our similar scars? So... I mean, it must have been a big accident, yeah... for you not to want to talk about? I asked, still slightly confused. Why did it matter if he'd been there? Loads of people had been in car accidents but they didn't all want to suddenly give free handouts to people they met in the street.

I still felt a little suspicious of the guy, but the more he spoke the more I became confident he wasn't some twisted psycho, but some random old guy trying to do what he thought was good. And he wanted to pay my fine! Something inside of me was pushing not to trust him, not to go with him, but that didn't make sense, not when he was willing to bail me out. It left me with a torn sensation and a slightly annoying headache trying to battle whatever weird 'instincts' I'd developed in Index. I wasn't going to let that stop me from taking him up on his offer though. Especially when I could just slip away as soon as he'd paid the fine. I'd be getting everything for nothing - it was perfect. I wouldn't even have to figure out what saw or machine might cut through the clamp either. If this old man felt some strange sympathy towards me due to a shared past of hospitals then I wasn't going to stop him.

Okay! I took a step nearer to him and then decided I should try and pretend I wasn't so excited. I mean, uh... if you really want to or shit... I glanced to him. And I'll help with the decking and whatever as, uh.. much as you want... Thanks. So.. where's your car? I asked, looking round. The sooner we got to the town hall to pay those fines, the sooner I could try and slip away from the guy, unless he wanted to go out and buy me groceries or a drink on him too.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:06 am

So we had a lot more in common than I had thought. They'd made him forget, too, which.. of course at the moment it made him appear blissfully ignorant. Now came the fork in the road - did I want to let him go on about his life with some ounce of happiness? Or did he deserve to know the truth? Well, I hadn't actually reached the fork but I could see it ahead. I had some time to decide. but either way, I knew that I wanted to find out more about this kid. Had he simply been made to forget it happened? Or did they do to him what they did to me, and force him to abandon a life where he was happy? Where someone else depended on him? 

Oh, yeah, but it's in the past, I suppose. I'm Sigurd, by the way, but you can call me Sig. He agreed, and seemed to at least loosen up, even if it did feel a bit on the awkward side. It all just made me even more curious. I'd be lying if I said I enjoyed the guy's personality, but that didn't mean I didn't think he needed help, whether he knew it or not. And I didn't mean help out of a parking ticket. Thoughts had already started to swirl around about the pros and cons of trying to jog his memory versus letting him live in his bliss. I'd had my bliss, too. It was rough at first, god, it was. I truly believed I was someone else, and when people from the Force found me, and tried to convince me I was in the Navy, I was dumbstruck. Countless psychiatric evals, court dates for apparently deserting my position. The look on Caroline's face when not even my own child jogged my memory. But once I was freed of those "troubles", I created a new life, and lived for years and years as this person. I traveled the country, even though it was for businesses, I met interesting people, and I found a wife and settled down. Then all the sudden, that was taken away from me too, and everything from before was returned - but after 30 years you can't ever actually get back what you lost. 

My car's just down the street there at the mechanic shop. Not even a full block. Then we can run by the courthouse. I started the way I'd been walking when I'd ran into the kid, getting eager to once again see my Lucille. Secretly, I'd hoped he'd appreciate the car when he saw her, but then again I didn't expect him to at his age. So what about you? What's your name? What's your story?

Back to top Go down

Lenny Tronconi | Army of God; Hunter

Posted on Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:41 am

Sigurd? I repeated with a frown because... Sigurd? What kind of name was that? I wondered if I'd heard wrong and felt relieved I didn't have to try and say it right when he said I could call him Sig instead. Okay.. Sig. And yeah, I guess that stuff is in the past. But I think they look kinda cool though, y'know.. dangerous and shit. You think mine'll fade like yours? I said, sounding disappointed at the prospect while feeling weirdly hopeful inside. I didn't know why I had mixed feelings. The scars were cool. It had been what I was telling myself anyway, to try and alleviate the weird feelings I had about them. They should have been pretty cool. They did look dangerous and as it turned out, were a talking point in bars. I'd had one chick tell me she thought it was hot. So I had no idea why my stomach dipped when I looked at them sometimes or why I couldn't shake my resentment of them.

Great. I said with a small smile, happy to start walking because it meant one step closer to releasing Annie. I picked up my crate of beer and slung it under an arm. Me? I fastened my steps to catch up with Sig and relaxed into a pace beside him. Uh, I'm Lenny. And.. my story? I.. dunno, I don't like reading? I started off, frowning and watching Sig for any clues about what he meant before it hit me, Oh, shit, you mean.. uh, yeah. I... dunno, there's not loads to tell or anything. I work in the coffee shop in West Elkton... I've lived here for a few years now I guess, since I moved out of New York. Index isn't so bad. I mean, apart from the car accident shit, that fucked stuff up but... I shrugged, I can't exactly change that and I guess it could've happened anywhere. I was running out of things to say and starting to feel pressured. I didn't even want to talk about myself but felt I should, seeing as the guy was going to potentially wipe out my parking ticket debt. Or maybe it'd be easier to ask about him...

So... uh, your story? I asked back, craning my neck forward to look out for the garage he was talking about. One soon came into view and I walked a little faster to try and avoid as much annoying small talk as I could, grinning widely. Hey, that's the place? My grin didn't last long though. It was wiped off my face when I saw one of the cars out front, my mouth dropping open at the shiny bodywork. A grin was no longer enough. I couldn't find the words to describe it either, just knowing that the car was amazing, except more than amazing. Shit. Was all I could say, walking round it to get a better look. It never occurred to me it could be Sig's car, I just took the opportunity of being in the garage to take a good look while I could. The way it shone... It made me feel bad about Annie's condition, but money had been tight and while I'd had plans to get her looking good again when I first got her, my money soon got spent on other things. When I finally got round to sorting her out, maybe she'd look as good as this car. I couldn't help reaching out to touch the seemingly dent-less and unscratched bumper, cursing to myself and looking up to see if anyone had noticed when my finger left a greasy mark on the otherwise polished surface.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:41 pm

No one liked the sound of my name, including myself until I really… got it back. I mean, yes, I’d been told who I was before, but now that I remembered, realized I was actually Sigurd, I actually appreciated it, even if it reminded me of the life I lost. I’d actually had a life to lose. Of course, that was me, forcing myself to look at the bright side of things, wasn’t it?

I guess they can remind you of your strength, your bravery. I had to remind myself that this guy didn’t know any better, and had he, he certainly wouldn’t feel like they looked cool. Some of the fang bangers might, but if he was one of those, why would they make him forget? Really, wasn’t it a little strange anyway? In my experience, they wanted to feed off of fear, they wanted you to remember the attack itself, but not the face. With me, I think the only reason I didn’t remember the attack was because they were lazy or high to specify. They’ll definitely fade, and thank the man upstairs for that. But then again, I don’t particularly like mine.

Talking to this kid I was beginning to wonder just how many times they’d messed with his memory, and I had never heard anything for sure on the subject, but did it have an effect on brain cells? The way he answered some of my questions made me feel as though he was short a few. New York, huh? City? Upstate? Can’t say I’ve been there. I took everything he said with a grain of salt, since I myself at one time had been planted with false memories, an entire false life. Maybe, just maybe digging with some further questions might give some clues.

Oh, not much to me. I was in the Air Force a long time ago, used to be a doctor. But that’s been a long time ago. Something bad happened, got separated from my family, got word they’re here, so… I shrugged, Well, I mean, I was looking for my son, but he’s not around anymore. Best way to put it really, he wasn’t alive, but he wasn’t dead, and really, it wasn’t him.

My chest filled with pride when I saw just how much he appreciated Lucille. I let him look, I didn’t think he’d hurt her too much, a few fingerprints never hurt anyone as long as he didn’t scratch her with some buttons or keys. I spotted Rodrick through the window and waved, since he was busy with another customer. An idea popped in my head while I waited and I took my phone from my pocket.

Judge Harper
Hey, Judge, How’re the kids? I’ve got a favor to ask. Gonna be at the courthouse in a few with a boy, figure I’d help him out with some parking tickets. Any way you could go easy on him?

I saw Rodrick begin walking out of the door, and I walked to meet him.

Lucille looks great, and I think my new friend agrees.
”Should be runnin’ clean as a whistle, now, Sig. You know there’s gonna be a show on Saturday, right? Thinkin’ of showin’ her? You’d be crazy not to.”
I’ll check my schedule. What do I owe ya?
”Oh, since it’s you I’ll make it an even hundred.” I nodded, waved for Lenny to follow, and headed for the little office. Was a small place, small counter and the place smelled almost just as much like oil as the garage itself, and you could hear drills and hydraulic equipment running abuzz. It was the kind of sounds I’d like to hear. If my passions weren’t placed elsewhere, I’d think about getting on here.

I paid the man, and waved bye to my buddy, pushing open the door just after Rodrick threw the keys to me. Soon, I was back in my baby and waiting for Lenny to join in.

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics