setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Open - 1] Smooth Criminal - Page 4

[Open - 1] Smooth Criminal

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Open - 1] Smooth Criminal

Sigurd Reese | Army of God; Hunter

Posted on Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:10 pm

All I’d planned to do for now was plant the seed, and that had been done. I’d plant more seeds later, so I wasn’t going to argue with the kid that it wasn’t just a story. Well, he knows my story, he knows me, so I knew that’s how I’d win him over. I nodded to the guard as we headed down the small skirt of steps and out the door to the building. Yeah, I’d planned on it, I nodded, now heading back to Lucille.

Once I reached her, I unlocked my door, leaned over and unlocked the passenger door for Lenny, and started the girl up. I waited for him to get in then spoke again. Before I drop ya off, we’ll trade numbers. What’s your schedule like? When’s the best time of day for you to get this stuff done? I looked both ways before backing out of the spot and starting on the main road. You want to stay on the judge’s good side, trust me. I began thinking this strategy through, wondering if telling Helios and some of the others in the organization was a good idea. I wasn’t sure, maybe I should feel him out first. They’d be a good resource, but I really didn’t trust everyone there. Some of them could be ruthless, using other people for simple tools to get to the monsters they wanted. To me, that made them no different than the monsters they fought.

I’d say they’d get the boot off soon. Guys ain’t got nothin’ better to do than ruin someone’s day, then they should be able to fix someone’s day just as fast, right? I smiled, hoping that I’d come off a little more friendly to the guy now that I’d helped him out.

Back to top Go down

Lenny Tronconi | Army of God; Hunter

Posted on Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:34 am

I climbed in, my eyes lighting up when I noticed my crate of beer in the footwell. I started putting my belt, thinking with mixed feelings. I'd avoided the fines, but was what I was basically being forced to do instead much better? I at least was going to have Annie back - that was the most important aspect, I decided, and tried not to think about the work I'd have to do for Sig. Except considering the guy, maybe he'd go easy on me.

Yeah well, I'm not exactly trying to get on his bad side or shit, its not my fault he's a judge. I muttered, picking at a loose strand on my sweater. I uh, I work. In a coffee shop. I started, about to explain my complicated but decent hours when a thought occurred to me. I glanced sideways to Sig. Work could be the perfect excuse to do as little deck work as possible. Not even a judge could order me to do community service instead of my job... I didn't think, anyway. I, uh.. my job's complicated but basically.. I work every day. I started, gazing out the front windscreen and making the story up as I went along, So.. I mean, I get a day off sometimes but I never know which one, and because of... the season and uh, sickness and shit, sometimes I need to cover but.. yeah, I guess... if I take your number I can just let you know when I've got a day off or whatever, and then.. if that's good for you I can help I guess. I mean, what do you do? Aren't you busy.. uh.. loads of the time or anything? If he was busy too and the times I had 'free' didn't fit in with the times Sig could do, it would be perfect.

Sif pulled into a street nearby my truck and I sat forward eagerly, ready to see her as soon as she was visible. Would the boot be off? I dunno. Maybe they like fucking up people's days, I mean, they chose that job. I said, my gaze still narrowed out the front windscreen.

Back to top Go down

Sigurd Reese | Army of God; Hunter

Posted on Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:06 pm

I don’t reckon working in a coffee shop can be all that complicated, son, but I admire your sense of duty. Not that I’d actually detected that much of a sense of duty in him, I knew an excuse when I heard one. But I’d give him some time to let Judge Harper’s threat sink in - triple the fine. But I knew how to play it, too, and I knew I needed the kid to trust me, as painful as it was beginning to be.

I’m retired, but… I paused, I’m heavily involved with the church. I do a lot of community service myself. I smirked to myself a little, it wasn’t really a lie, and I imagined myself and the others like Helios had to have the same thoughts and the same smirk appear on our faces when we were asked about it. It was so much more than volunteering, and while I wasn’t out there on the front lines, I saw the damage those monsters did. I cleaned up their mess. I’d like your number too, especially since like you said, I might be busy too. Church work and all. I pulled out my wallet and found one of those punch cards for a frozen yogurt place I’d taken Grayson to and found a pen in the center console and scribbled down “Sig” and my number. I knew I surely wasn’t going back there eleven more times, so I wouldn’t be missing out on much. Here, and look, I said, nodding toward his truck, Looks like they’re taking off the boot now.

So, how about that number? And don’t forget your uh.. booze back there.

Back to top Go down

Lenny Tronconi | Army of God; Hunter

Posted on Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:11 am

What's wrong with working in a coffee shop? I asked, immediately defensive. I didn't give a fuck about 'a sense of duty', but people looking down on my apparently trashy job when it had been the only one I could get hit a nerve. I let out a groan when he mentioned the church. Well don't think you can convert me or shit. I warned, hoping that the situation wasn't going to end up as bad as it potentially could do if he held some morals I immediately thought of when I thought 'church-goer'. It wasn't as if I had much choice any longer though, with a judge issued community service that meant I'd be spending plenty of time with Sig.

I took the card with his number on begrudgingly and took out my own, new phone. It might have been new but it was complete crap, the best I could afford since my old one disappeared. I punched in his number, took the pen off Sig and wrote mine down on the card he'd given me. Losing it might have been a good excuse to avoid calling him but there wasn't much point when he'd basically demanded to have my number too. Here... I gave the punch card back to him and looked up, relieved to see the boot was being taken of.. Good. Fuck, something goes right for once. And, uh... call me when you want your shit done or whatever, I guess? When you're not busy. Hopefully he might suddenly start being really busy. I frowned at Sig, wishing there was some way I could get out of the work and knowing that if there was, it might not be worth it. I grabbed my crate of beer and gave him a nod of my head. Thanks.. I muttered, closing the door of his car and quickly heading over to Annie. I'd be needing the whole crate of beer to drown my mood in after what had happened.

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics