setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Open - 1] Smooth Criminal - Page 3

[Open - 1] Smooth Criminal

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Open - 1] Smooth Criminal

Lenny Tronconi | Army of God; Hunter

Posted on Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:14 am

Yeah, I don't really remember shit about the accident, but it must've been a fucked up one. And.. I mean, if you don't like yours or whatever, I didn't even notice them until you said. I glanced to Sig's neck again. Compared to mine I didn't think they were noticeable at all, but I guessed he still knew they were there.

I glanced sideways to Sig, the topic of New York making me feel slightly uncomfortable. My parents owned property in the state and in the city but I didn't want Sig to judge me, or to dredge up memories. Worst of all I didn't want him to think twice about helping out with my tickets after finding out where I cam from. ..city. I said, shrugging. All sorts of people lived in NYC, it didn't give anything away on its own. And you're not missing anything if you haven't been, so don't bother. It's all.. fucking.. it's not as great as people think it is. I missed the city. I missed the place, but not the associations that came with it. I wished my family could've moved away from there instead of me but that was never going to happen.

Sig's story sounded a lot more interesting than mine, regardless of what he said. My eyes lit up and I watched him curiously. You flew planes and stuff? Wasn't that what the Air Force did? That sounded cool but the dip the conversation took next didn't. Oh.. His son was dead, Uh... sorry... I wondered what the bad thing was for Sig to be separated from his family in the first place. Maybe it was to do with the Air Force. They could've run out on him, he could've done something bad, whatever was bad in the Air Force...

The car took over my thoughts on Sig's past. My eyes widened when I overheard him talking to the car mechanic and I looked to the car and then back to Sig, frowning in disbelief. It was his car? I walked away from it when Sig signaled, following quietly and slightly in awe, taking in everything that was going on and the new Sig with his car as he paid. What the fuck did he do to get a car like that? Maybe the Air Force paid better than I'd assumed...

I opened the car door as carefully as I could in case Sig was watching and eased myself into it equally as carefully, trying not to get distracted by the interior. Shit.. this' seriously your car? I asked, looking towards him still with a little awe in my eyes, but also skepticism. If he wasn't just some weird old guy who wanted to do good - because he had a nice car too - then why was he helping me? I opened my mouth and closed it a few times, trying and failing to ask the questions that were in my mind. Instead I eventually went for - ...I guess we're going to the court house now? I didn't really believe that he was going to pay for my debts and I wouldn't, not until it happened in front of me.

Back to top Go down

Sigurd Reese | Army of God; Hunter

Posted on Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:56 pm

It seemed like it didn’t matter how much the scar had faded, even if it completely disappeared I knew I would always see it there. I’d always feel it, I’d always remember it - even if I was compelled to forget again, I feel like the scar would be there on my soul. Kind of like this kid, here. He had no idea, and it was something I couldn’t see on the surface, but I bet there had to be some scar in his subconscious. Something that made it ugly to him and not in a superficial way. And I made a mental note; that would be how I would bring up the topic later. And I had definitely decided that I would.

Yeah, I guess that’s a good thing, then, huh? And even though I felt there was more to say about it, we were probably both ready to leave that subject back with the damn meter maid.

I’ve never been a big city person anyway, so yeah, I’d consider a visit at the most, but give me a mom ‘n pop dinner and some long, winding roads and I’m a happy man. I didn’t answer him immediately, even as enthusiastic as he actually seemed at my “story”, I wasn’t sure how much he actually wanted to hear, or how much I actually wanted to tell, even if I wanted to gain his trust. Breadcrumbs would do, breadcrumbs. Actually my.. my lady did the flyin’. I just did the doctorin’. I got some pretty gruesome stories, maybe I’ll think about ‘em when we’re working on that deck.

I shrugged, and I didn’t mind spilling a few beans, a few breadcrumbs, but I was done with the history. Usually, I wouldn’t be so ready to spill my life story but this kid I had a reason to. But I’d had my fill. I was ready for the good stuff, the stuff that at least temporarily made me forget. Things that kept my hands busy and my mind occupied.

I heard my phone buzz as I started to open Lucy’s drivers’ side door. I checked the phone and it was already Judge Harper.

Yeah, just ask for me. Why the big heart, Sig?

I didn’t bother replying, I just shoved my phone back into my pocket and buckled up. The drive wasn’t too bad, traffic was at a minimum and I immediately found parking and began digging around my center console for a couple quarters. Admittedly, this was a racket, and somewhat avoidable, but who carried change around anymore? I found one and hoped it would be enough; even though I knew a judge I didn’t like needing favors. I waited first for Lenny to get out of the car before locking the door behind him and then got out myself and locked my own. I hopped up the steps, through the metal detectors, and found the clerk. I’m here to see Judge Harper. She nodded, ”I’ll let him know you’re here. Who can I tell him is here to see him?”
Sig Reese. I found a seat in the small waiting area, looking around the room and appreciating the decor. You didn’t see this style anywhere but older government buildings. Lots of wood, finely detailed, now it was modern and easy. Straight and boring as sticks. The reddish color of the mahogany and the smell of the leather, I just couldn’t understand why that had faded away. I listened to the few phone calls the clerk made, not because I was curious but because there wasn’t anything else to listen to, other than Lenny, if he had anything to say beside me. Finally, Judge Harper stepped out from behind his door.
I’ll see you in a minute, son. I’ve got a bit of catching up to do.

I closed the door behind me, noting that Judge Harper’s office had the same style, only he was blessed with a window overlooking a stretch of lawn with a few baby trees.
”So what’s this kid done? Why you helpin’ him out, Sig?”
He’s wracked up quite a few parking tickets, I said as I sat down in the finely cushioned chair and rested my arms on the rests, interlocking my fingers in front of me. He’s got a bit of an attitude, but I feel sorry for him. We um.. we have a similar past. I told him I’d pay his tickets if he helped me out around the place. Helped me with that deck I’ve been trying to build.
Harper took a seat behind the desk, which felt oddly formal since I’d rarely been in his office. Usually I wasn’t the one who did the business with him, excusing the few mishaps that might happen to bystanders when things got messy.
”He uh.. a victim? Like you?”
Yeah, doesn’t remember, though. I paused, sighed, and let my hands fall loose on my lap. I reckon it might not be my business, but I think he should be helped to remember before his life gets too far off course, just like mine.
”It’s a shame we have to clean up after these monsters, but until they’re put in their place, we have to make it our business. You say this kid has a ‘tude? You suspect he’ll follow through? Payin’ you back?”
I simply shrugged. Even still, I wanted to trust people. Had to trust them more than you could a monster.
”I’ll do ya one better, Sig. I can make sure. I’ll wipe away the fees for some community service work, and you can be the beneficiary to that.” He stood up, walking back around the desk and I took the cue to stand up myself. I shook his hand, and started to walk out the door, but all too late realizing that the door had been cracked. How much of our conversation was heard?

Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:20 am

He was a doctor? I glanced sideways to him, suddenly more suspicious, but tried to keep quiet. I didn't care about his past and I could put up walls again as soon as he'd bailed me out of my ticket situation. Until then, if I wanted Annie back I figured I had to just grit my teeth and bear any annoyances. If I had it my way, I wasn't actually going to work on this old guy's stupid deck.

I spent the car ride in silence, glancing to Sig every now and then but mostly keeping my eyes on the road. What was his game? I still didn't quite believe he was going to help me simply to have another pair of hands on some decking job but I couldn't figure out why else. If he was a doctor, maybe he was involved in medical bills too and it was all a ploy to try and make me pay them instead. The parking fines were pocket change compared to them. He'd received a message from someone and it all seemed too coincidental.

I followed Sig into the court house, trailing a few safe steps behind. I listened intently as he spoke to the clerk. Who was Judge Harper? I sat next to him but was too lost in my own thoughts to think of speaking or making conversation. Instead every person that passed us or walked across the hall I looked to, wondering if they were the mysterious Judge Harper. My gaze snapped upwards when Sig spoke and stood up.

I watched them both disappear behind the door and then gave it a few seconds before standing up and slowly, as casually as possible, walked over to the door. I couldn't hear anything a step or two away but when I leaned forward, my ear practically against the door, it was definitely audible. The door didn't actually seem to be closed properly which paid to my advantage.

A frown creased into my face when they began talking and I struggled not to pull open the door and go in there. 'A bit of an attitude?' Well if I had a bit of an attitude, why the fuck was Sig helping me out? I kept listening and he answered that question in a way, but his answer only created more questions. Monsters? Were they calling me a monster because I hadn't paid my parking fines? Wait - community service?

I groaned, knowing how impossible it would be to get out of helping Sig if that's what the courts ordered me to do. It wasn't fair. None of it was fair. If I had boots of my own, I'd boot all the stupid judges' cars to see how they liked it. So caught up in my thought was I, that I didn't realise the door was opening at first and almost tripped over my own feet backing up from it. I stared at Sig, my mouth slightly open, trying to formulate some excuse.

What do you mean, I've got a 'bit of a fucking attitude'? I asked instead, not able to think of a reasonable explanation for my behavior. I folded my arms and stood opposite him, my glare evidencing my thoughts on his chat with the Judge. And you can act all good and shit, but calling someone a monster just 'cause they have some parking tickets.. that's fucked. Why the fuck are you even helping me if that's what you think? How fucking desperate are you for this deck?!

Back to top Go down

Sigurd Reese | Army of God; Hunter

Posted on Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:26 pm

I'd expected nothing less from him once I'd realized that the door was open, but I just wished that he'd have the sense to cool it with the judge nearby. This kid needed to learn how to keep a filter on his mouth. Maybe that's something else we could work on. I had a feeling Judge Harper wouldn't be used to this kind of language in his office, and he wouldn't like it. 

"Seems like you just proved my point. You need to watch that mouth, or I'll double the fine."
My gaze shot back to Harper. He just raised his brows and shook his head. 

How much could I explain right now? Would it even matter? Lenny, you're not the monster I was talking about. I was talking about the kind of monster that gave me my scar, and the same kind gave you yours.
"I thought you said he doesn't remember, Sig."
He doesn't, but that doesn't mean I should lie to him. Can't you see, Harper? Go easy on him. Just because the memory isn't there that doesn't mean the anger isn't. I of all people know that. The last bit of it was hushed, mumbled. He rolled his eyes. "Fine, but you two should get out of here before I change my mind. Since you heard, was it Lenny? Fines are gone, but you're helping Sig with his deck. You skip out, fines are doubled. Got it?"

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:49 am

How the fuck had I been transported back to High School? I was so close to just letting go and telling the judge what I thought of him and his 'double fine' - if it hadn't been for the double fine. I gritted my teeth and stared back at the judge, tempted to glare at him. He was the one with the power though, which was what was annoying me, but could also get worse. So instead of glaring at him I sullenly directed my gaze at the wall after rolling my eyes, refusing to look at any of them.

My gaze darted back to Sig when he started with weird explanations and I sighed, ready for a lecture. Seriously - high school?! It seemed like it might just be easier to agree with whatever they said and get out of there as soon as possible, as difficult as that was.

Yeah, sure, whatever. I muttered to Sig, barely audible. I had no idea what he was talking about. I glanced up to him again, frowning. Was he lying to get the fine removed?

I watched Sig more curiously as he continued using his story to persuade the judge and stood up a little straighter when the conversation seemed to be ending and our leaving was imminent - until the Judge set his eyes on my again. I returned to my slumped position but nodded my head. Yeah. Got it. I answered, avoiding his piercing gaze. It wasn't as if the two of them had given me any choice.

The Judge nodded, apparently satisfied with that answer, and returned to his room. I started towards the door, eager to leave. Hey, I turned to Sig and flashed him a grin, Fuck, that was cool thinking of that story to make him feel sorry for me, y'know, so.. he'd drop the fine and shit. Uh, so... I guess.. thanks. I shrugged and immediately felt in my jeans pocket for my car keys, shaking my head when I remembered Annie wasn't outside. ...is it okay to, uh, get a lift back to my truck? I mean, if they've even taken the boot off it yet... And I'd nearly forgotten, but I'd left my crate of beer in Sig's car.

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics