setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Open - 1] Smooth Criminal

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lenny Tronconi | Army of God; Hunter

Posted on Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:20 am

Thread Details

Cedar Grove Streets | Windy | 4pm

OOC Message
Thread includes Lenny Tronconi, Sigurd Reese and room for one other character.
Lenny is wearing his usual, straight-legged jeans, slip on engineer boot and henley style top.

I strolled down the street, crate of beer in hand from a nearby corner store that was easier to go into on the way home than a big store like Walmart, and a lot less stress too. There were always too many people and queues in those big places.

I turned the corner, looking out for where I parked my truck. When I saw it I stopped a second. I blinked, widened my eyes and thankfully didn't drop my beer in shock of what I was taking in. Some guy was booting Annie?!

Hey! Hey!? I shouted, sprinting down the street towards my truck and the guy attaching on some bright yellow boot to it. Hey, what the fuck? I was only parked here a second, shit... I'll pay whatever I owe now.. I scrabbled about desperately at my pocket to withdraw my wallet, stopping when the guy just shook his head. Sorry dude... my machine says you've got other outstanding tickets too and when it's on, it's on. I can't just take it off again.

What the fuck? You just put it on, so you can fucking take it back off again! I was just about to pay those other tickets! I was.. I was just on my fucking way to pay them now.. but how the fuck am I meant to do shit when you just clamped my fucking truck? I yelled, staring from the boot to the guy and back again, unable to believe it was happening.

The guy took a step back, putting up his hands. Hey, sorry about all that dude but I'm just doing my job here.

I was ready to hit him, wanted to hit him, but just whirled around and narrowly missed punching my fist through one of Annie's windows too. Instead I clenched my fists up and seethed, wishing there was something else I could lay my fist into. I didn't have the money to pay those other tickets, that was why I hadn't. And I needed Annie to get to work... I slapped my hand against her door. Fuck.. you can't just do this! I ranted, trying and failing to think of some way out of it. How the fuck am I going to get home?!

Back to top Go down

Re: [Open - 1] Smooth Criminal

Sigurd Reese | Army of God; Hunter

Posted on Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:45 am

There was but one person in the world allowed to touch “Lucille” under the hood other than me, and that was Rodrick at the mechanic shop down in Cedar Grove. The man had a Nova, himself, which at least was a Chevy and we both seemed to appreciate and want the same thing out of our cars. We both seemed to know that they weren’t meant to live on the back of trailers and be parked in garages for their entire life. What good was that? They were muscle cars, not lawn ornaments or paper weights. So now that my life had gotten a little hectic with not one but two little ones, at my age? Yeah, sure, Rodrick could do the maintenance. Some new spark plugs, an oil change, and sometimes if he was feeling nice, he’d even condition the upholstery for me. He’d give me a guilt trip about not doing it myself, but it would be done. Really, I felt like that was it’s own special bond, downright close to family - the man you trust with your car was someone you bought Christmas presents for.

Hands in my pockets, I walked on the sidewalk past the booze store and headed for the garage to pick up Lucille, but I was distracted by a slight commotion. Normally, I wasn’t a damn rubberneck, but well first thing the guy’s truck caught my attention. An old Chevy, looked like it had seen better days, but Rodrick and I could certainly fix that if I could come up with some extra time on my hands. You just didn’t see this kind of truck around that much anymore, and man, you could make them look sharp if you really wanted.

But for now, it was getting the boot and the young man who was pleading for it’s freedom didn’t look like he was really able to do anything about it. Funny thing about him, he looked like he’d seen rougher days. I dreaded for a minute the fact that I would have to walk by them on my journey to the garage, but my eyes caught a little something that made my stomach drop. Maybe it was the way the sun was hitting him, but right on his exposed neck were some very familiar scars.

Mine had faded, I felt only I could see them and that was if I had looked hard enough. He hadn’t been afforded the luxury, either, of a little bit of healing afterward to hide what had happened. Years and years of explaining two puncture marks on your neck. That alone was frustrating, and each time you were asked about it tore open a scab that had just begun to heal. I wasn’t made of money, but who would I be if I didn’t help out someone that I knew had experienced my rare pain?

Excuse me, what’s the bill? Is there any way you can find out? I asked the meter… meter maid? Meter man? Didn’t seem like a real manly career, did it? But I guess whatever gets you through school, right?

”No, sir, I just have my orders. But you could head down to the courthouse. I’m in the area all day, so if you get his tickets paid, he could be freed up soon.”

Tickets. More than one. Who knew how many this guy had? And was I really feeling that generous? It was more the time than the money I was worried about, not that I had twenties just stacked up on the coffee table, but I needed to get Lucille and then I had.. well I had diapers to buy and babies to get back to before the babysitter got lost into her smartphone.

Need a ride? I asked the kid, my arms crossed over my chest. Now was one time I had almost wished he could see the faint scars on my own neck. I even went as far as to glance across the street, exposing that part of my neck, but I knew how hard it was for me to see them unless the lighting was just right.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:34 pm

My truck. Annie. My truck. I glared at the guy's reflection in her window, the guy who was taking her away from me, and seethed because I had no idea what to do. Where the fuck was I going to get money to pay for those stupid tickets? I narrowed my eyes. I'd be better off finding a crowbar or a saw and cutting that stupid clamp off..

I turned at the sound of another person, ready to fire into a defensive rant on whoever was sticking themselves in my business. I could just imagine people lining up to see my misfortune, being entertained when my truck was being taken from me. And what was the world going to take next? I didn't even have to do anything and life just fucked itself up for me.

Instead of a crowd though it was just one guy, some old one. I didn't say anything, just looked him up and down with my mouth open and then glanced back to Annie. I let out a sigh. I guess. I can't fucking drive her now, can I? I glared a little, looking back to Annie and in a way, not wanting to leave my truck. It seemed to be the one thing I'd managed to hang on to over the years and it was in part because of who I'd gotten it from. I stopped feeling sorry for myself and looked back to the guy, shifting the crate of beer under my arm. So yeah, I do need a ride... but I mean, I don't even know you, so, uh... why the fuck do you want to help me? I gave the guy a once over again. He didn't look familiar but that didn't necessarily mean he hadn't seen me in Play before. If you're just doing it to get your dick sucked you can fuck off - I'm not that desperate. I said, and then had to think about that. Was I that desperate? It was bad enough that I even had to think about servicing some old guy but this was Annie, the question was, was my truck worth enough for me to want to do that? Was she? Shit...

I groaned and rested my arm against my truck, burying my face against it.

Back to top Go down

Sigurd Reese | Army of God; Hunter

Posted on Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:35 pm

I understood that the kid was having a bad day, but why were these young kids so ready to mouth off anyone in their path? Even someone trying to help them? Just for the sake of being “angry” and “misunderstood”? Did that supposedly get them somewhere with the girls? One thing was for sure, it wasn’t working with me.

You might want to watch your tone when someone’s trying to be a friendly neighbor to you. Maybe that’s why you’re in the spot you’re in right now. Was it in my ethics to rescind an offer due to bad manners? I’d only given him the offer because of something that I could tell right away that we shared, but it seemed there wasn’t much else to it.

I’d seen a lot in my life, and maybe at one point in time I was just as vulgar as this guy was, but I couldn’t recall ever being as rude. So, no, I wasn’t shocked, but I was pissed. But it was just language, right? You just seem down on your luck. I’ve been there before. I’d forced myself then, to take the language with a grain of salt, and maybe it was my stance. My arms were still crossed, and maybe I came across as one of those old, judgmental guys who would have lectured him about responsibility the whole drive like I was his father. But the next comment broke whatever patience I had for the man.

Excuse me? I don’t know what gives you that impression, but you just lost your ride. Have a good day. I started off, hands now in my pockets, just looking forward to meeting back up with Lucille and getting home, but my mind started to flood with unclear but certainly unpleasant memories. I knew now how I’d lost them, but wasn’t sure why or how I’d gotten them back. I didn’t want them back, but there it was, me standing there without an ounce of control right in front of those three fangers. I remembered just how angry I’d been when they came back to me. How angry would I have been if they hadn’t taken away my memory of what happened? If I’d have remembered everything that happened that night? And had to come back home and pretend everything was fine? Yes, it would definitely be worth having my family back, the way it should be, but who would I have been?

I turned around, thinking at least I could control my anger with this kid but I was no damn counselor. Whatever I had to say was probably just going to add fuel to this kid’s fire, so I decided to refrain from making sure he knew just why I felt the need to help him, at least for now. I began walking toward him and that Chevy truck, which is what had caught my attention before anything, and spoke. Listen, please, sexual favors is the last thing I want. My face even cringed as I said it. I just remember being in a similar spot when I was your age, and didn’t really have anyone to help me out. So, what do you say you tone down the anger and the language and I’ll help a guy out?

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:07 am

I lifted up my head, staring at the guy as he started walking away with the strangest mixed feelings of relief and regret. Well, at least I didn't have to make the ridiculous choice of whether it was worth whoring myself out to save my car, but I was back to having no choices and no outs. I let out another groan and was about to let my head drop back against my arm when I heard footsteps. I looked up, casting a suspicious gaze over my shoulder which softened into a frown as I listened.

Yeah well.. it's not like I wanted that either... I said, trying not to remember that I'd actually been debating sexual favors minutes earlier. What the fuck had I been thinking? It made me feel gross just thinking of it, never mind the fact the guy obviously thought it was just as disgusting too. The look on his face had just made it worse somehow, as if I had done something wrong when I'd been the one to reject any potential offer.

I let out a sigh at the thoughts revolving round my head and stood up straighter, crossing my arms and thinking over his offer. I glanced up the road and to the guy, then to Annie and back over to him. What did I have to lose? There was no point denying I was in a bad spot either when I was, even if it left me feeling irritatingly out of control it was painfully obvious what sort of situation I was in. I still couldn't understand why he wanted to help me though. I... I mean, really? Look, I'm fu- I'm.. yeah, I'm pissed as fuck but I mean, shit, some guy just booted my car... but... people don't normally just help when this shit happens? And.. I mean, I'm sorry but I don't really know how you can help. I can't pay the stupid fucking fines.

I ripped the piece of paper attached to Annie's windscreen off and opened it out, looking for whatever stupid amount they were trying to get me to pay now. I glared at the figure when I found it, the paper scrunching in my hands as my grip on it tightened. It's over five hundred dollars.. fuck... I let my arm drop and looked up and down the street, gritting my teeth. There was only one thing I could do. I looked back to the old guy, narrowing my eyes at him in thought. If he wanted to help, there was only one way I could see out of the situation. But if you actually do want to help or whatever then, uh... could you drop me at a... hardware store...?

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics