setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Hell-spital

[Private] Hell-spital

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[Private] Hell-spital

Lenny Tronconi | Army of God; Hunter

Posted on Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:06 pm

Thread Details

Index Hospital | Damp, cold but sunny | 1:30pm

The doors of the hospital seemed like the doors to.. hell, if I believed such a place existed. If it did then hell probably was a hospital, even though hospitals were probably worse than any hell anyone could imagine. I glared at the glass doors of the establishment that was fucking me over with bills, that I thought I'd already spent too much of my life in and yet, was my current destination.

I didn't want to go into the hospital. But I didn't want to feel guilty every time I saw a kid, imagining one that was apparently in hospital sick - the same kid that kept torturing my mind and making me feel like shit. It wasn't my fault that a sick kid's dad was an asshole, if the kid even existed. But then it wasn't the kid's fault either and the father, Sam... he had been an asshole but then he also had a sick kid. While I didn't like kids I could appreciate how fucked up that must be, not to mention having to spend so much time in a hospital and be weighed down with bills when you weren't even sick or sedated yourself...

As I stepped forward the automatic doors opened and I approached the receptionist desk, trying to get a better grip on the awkwardly large box wedged under my arm. I muttered under my breath as I waited for the people ahead of me to hurry up. Stupid Sam. Stupid sick kid. Stupid guilt. If it wasn't for them I wouldn't have to be lining up at a stupid hospital with a stupidly big box.

After what seemed like far too long I reached the desk. I set the box down at my feet with a thump.

Hello, how can I help? The receptionist asked, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear. She looked about as tired as I felt.

Uh, I... I started, frowning into the air when I realised I had no idea what to do. My plan hadn't extended beyond buying a whole load of shit and then getting to the hospital. I, um... do you.. have a part of the hospital for dying kids or something? I tried.

Excuse me? The receptionist said, because apparently the hospital was so shit that they couldn't even employ receptionists who could hear properly.

A part of the hospital for dying kids.. y'know, uhh.. some place any kid who's dying or whatever is put. Or.. I dunno, do you know some kid who's in here who has a dad called Sam? I said, frowning back at the frowning receptionist who still looked like she didn't understand. What was there to not understand? For fuck's sake. Then it dawned on me. Shit... what if he's died... I thought out loud, so absorbed in my thoughts that I didn't even noticed the receptionist pick up the phone and start dialing.

Back to top Go down

Re: [Private] Hell-spital

Samuel Evans |

Posted on Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:50 pm

"Hey Sammy, there's someone downstairs asking for you."

I glanced up to the soft sound of Sydney's voice and there she was, leaning against the door way with that frog hair pin of hers tucked in her brunette waves. She was one of the very few nurses who didn't think I was a total asshole, maybe that's why I've made the unfortunate mistake of developing feelings for her, I'm sure it's a factor. But she's always been there for me on those rough days, she's there for Clay when I'm not. She's absolutely gorgeous and one of the reasons that has prevented me from burning this place to the ground. She has yet to accept one of my date offers, but I guess her with already being in relationship kind of affects that. It'll happen. I know it. 

Did they give a name? I knew it couldn't be my parents, they would've shot me a text if they were coming into town. But even if they wanted to surprise me they knew what floor and room Clay was in. I thought maybe it was Claire? But I haven't told her about Clay, at least not yet.

Syd just shrugged and walked further into the room. "Go ahead, I'll stay with him."

I nodded and stood up from the chair beside Clay's crib. I was still holding onto his tiny hand as I looked down at him, his rosy cheeks, seeing his chest slowly rise and fall, the sound of the machine as it counts each heartbeat. Watching him as he slept was one of my favorite past times. I leaned forward, kissing his forehead lightly as to not wake him up, and move away from his bedside. Thanks, Syd. Let me know when he wakes.

My mind is still scrambling on who it could be as the elevator doors slide open. I try to think if any of my buds from Seattle made the drive down to visit, but I haven't spoken to them since the move. I haven't told any of the guys at work about Clay. I was out of people, so I had no fucking idea. I turned the corner to the lobby and made eye contact with Jane at the receptionist who then motioned her head to the guy in front of her. I walked forward but my eyes widened and I stopped in my tracks when I realized who it fucking was. This fucking guy. This guy has some fucking nerve to be showing his face in this very hospital. It was perfect though. He was going to need a doctor to fix his nose after I break it for him.

I slowly moved until I was right behind me, with my arms folded across my chest as my lips set in a firm line. What the fuck are you doing here.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:05 am

When I noticed the receptionist on the phone I wondered if she was calling security at first. Then she waved at me, motioning for me to wait to the side. I stepped aside and looked around, wondering what was going on. Maybe she was calling a doctor or nurse to come and talk to me, or take the box and give it to the kid. The sooner the better, because I just wanted to give the kid some stuff so I'd feel okay again and would be able to go home and forget I ever met that Sam guy and insulted his dying kid.

A familiar voice behind me nearly had me jumping. Instead I glanced over my shoulder and then turned around, mirroring the guy's frown when I took in his appearance. He didn't have to look so pissed.. even after what I'd done. I shuffled awkwardly, my eyes trailing round the room before I pulled myself together and set them on Sam.

....I'm... look, shit, I got your kid some stuff, okay? To... make him feel better or whatever, I dunno. I held up the box and shoved it at Sam, starting to feel more and more awkward. I hadn't thought about bumping into him. He was making me feel more guilty and yet angry at the same time. And anyway, I need to come here for checkups... sometimes.. so, you don't own the fucking hospital. I might not have gone to any of my checkups, but that wasn't the point. He wasn't the fucking.. hospital police, and if I wanted to be there - and I didn't even fucking want to be there - then it was none of his business.

Back to top Go down

Samuel Evans |

Posted on Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:32 pm

Never said I fucking did. I spat, taking the box from him as he shoved it to me. Was he seriously about to start with me already? I swear, this guy just loved to throw punches whenever he pleased. Well so do I, but I plan for mine to be physical and break a bone or two. I just find it kind of fucking odd that you showed up today of all days, during visiting hours, and you're asking for me. Was our first encounter not enough for him? I started thinking of what else he could possibly want from me... Oh god, what if he's here because he needs to follow through with what that barista asked of him that day we met. 

So what's this about? Huh? Do you really expect me to fucking forgive you, I bring you up to my son's room, we laugh off the past and become the best of buds? God, that sounded horrible. Why can't this guy just leave me alone?

Because if I recall correctly, the last time I saw your face you said my son would be better off fucking dead. So go ahead, give me one real good reason why I shouldn't knock you out on your ass right now. I growled.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:20 am

How the fuck am I meant to know when its visiting hours? I just came here. And I didn't even ask for you, I asked about where they keep dying kids actually so- I realised what I'd said again and stopped, mouth open and jaw slack. Uhh... Shit, what was I meant to say? I stared at Sam, wondering how I'd come to try and make things better and yet seemed to only be making things worse.

I folded my arms, ground my teeth together and did everything I could not to interrupt Sam as he ranted at me. When he'd finished at first I didn't even know what to say. But then when I started, it all began coming out.

No! Fuck.. I just.. uh, shit. Yeah, I fucking said that and.. I.. I guess.. I wish I hadn't said it. I finally managed to say, letting out an irritated sigh. I mean, I don't know your kid so.. I don't even know if that was true, I mean, fuck, I can't know if it was true and I don't even care. I just came here to give your kid some stuff because I felt bad about it. You don't have to.. fucking start at me. I mean.. what the fuck kind of shit is that going to teach your kid? If you start fighting in hospitals or whatever... uh, I mean...

I realised I'd somehow started saying even worse things again and hung my head, letting out a bigger sigh. Fuck, forget I said all that. Except the part where I said I'm sorry. I mean, I didn't actually mean your kid would be better off dead, shit.. I don't like children but I still wouldn't actually mean something that fucked up. I dunno.. what the fuck do you want me to say right now? I said, managing to keep my anger a little in check. I didn't even know if I was more angry at myself or at Sam in that moment, or simply angry. And just because I feel bad about your kid doesn't mean I'd let you deck me either. I muttered with an eye roll, ironically starting to want to punch Sam's face off.

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics