setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Closed] Catching Up

[Closed] Catching Up

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[Closed] Catching Up

Rupert Hemmingway |

Posted on Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:36 am

Yeah Mom, it's been good. Things are going great, my business's really taken off. I'll be turning clients away if it keeps rolling forward like this. I said through a grin. I shifted my hold on the phone and relaxed back in my comfy computer chair. Throughout the conversation my eyes kept tracking back to the paused video on my monitor. It was safe to say I was slightly distracted.

I wouldn't expect anything else honey. Just you make sure you take care of yourself too, okay? And Rupert? I could tell Mom was smiling around her words too until her last question, which was voiced with more concern.

Yeah Mom?

You know why we left Index all those years ago. I don't know if things have changed but.. be careful, okay? You still have the supplies I gave you? And you make sure you ring me if you ever need any more.

My smile softened a I thought back, wishing I could hug my Mom to make her feel better. She hadn't been thrilled that out of all the places I could move to, I'd chosen Index. I think things have changed Mom, it's not as overrun as it used to be - but don't worry! I'll still be careful too, I promise. I've learned from the best, huh? 'Got all your stuff stored carefully too so they'll stay potent for longer. You should come visit soon, you'll love my place.

There was the expected hesitancy in my Mom's voice when she replied. If you say it's not as bad as the last time we visited, maybe.. are you still coming up in a few weeks?

Yeah, I am.

I can give you some more things then, just in case. Stay safe Ru.

You too Mom. Cali's great but it's not exactly a safe zone. There's danger everywhere to some extent you know, at least we know how to deal with it.

..you're right. I'll come visit you soon honey. Oh - I've got to go, your Dad's calling my out to the greenhouse and he'll only kill something if I leave him out there alone. Love you!

Haha yeah. Tell Dad I said hi, and love you too Mom.

Bye!

Bye.

The phone line cut short and I put my phone down on my desk, still smiling from the conversation. It was sweet Mom still worried about me and even if it could get annoying sometimes I knew she had more reason than most usual mothers.

My attention diverted back to my monitor and my smile turned into a frown. I grabbed my mouse and clicked play, the video coming to life. It was a fuzzy, low quality phone video shot at night, but it was still obvious enough what was happening to anyone clued in to that side of things. What shocked me more than the content of the video was where I'd found it - on Gabe's hard drive. I'd never have thought he'd have any involvement but even that chick Michelle was in the video. It was a little unsettling. Why did he have the video and what exactly was he planning on doing with it? Unless he was going for a shot making cheap found-footage films then it made no sense.

I checked my phone, rolling my eyes at still no response from Gabe. He'd better not have gone on some other 'spiritually enlightening' tour or whatever ironic bullcrap he'd pull next when I needed to speak to him. Truth was as much as I tried to brush his unresponsiveness off, it was slightly worrying considering the video. Hopefully he was just busy getting in that chick's pants.

My grin came back into place when that bought an idea into my head. I pulled up Facebook on my phone and found what I was looking for in a matter of minutes. Bingo!

#closed #Rupert

OOC Message

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics