setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Open - 1] Fresh Blood - Page 2

[Open - 1] Fresh Blood

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Open - 1] Fresh Blood

Michelle Hawke | Human; Citizen

Posted on Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:18 pm

God, everyone on my tumblr dash was right, taking compliments was awkward as fuck. Would it have been awkward to me if people hadn’t said they found it awkward? Power of suggestion, dude. I just took another drink, and figured I’d say the first shit that comes to my head like usual. Thanks, and uh, well you’re definitely pulling it off with your own. And, another drink. I wasn’t lying, I just felt weird as hell saying it, like, shit, she knew she was hot. Really, you either needed confidence or a lack of fucks to give to wear anything attention-grabbing or revealing. And when you were as hot as she was, you had to know it. Not saying I was like, gonna try to get in her pants. Just girl on girl appreciation. Fuck the cattiness, and fuck hating on a girl because she actually thought more of herself than society wanted her to think of herself.

Then again, maybe I was a little hypocritical, because shit, there were still people in this world, male and female who looked in a mirror every day wearing a mullet, not even ironically, and still left their house thinking that it looked good. Yes, I should be all, hey, you do what you want, and you rock it, but.. damn, there were exceptions.

Yeah, I mean shit, I don’t give something for nothing. But if someone pays me before the goods are rendered, then that’s their mistake, not mine. Okay, vampire or no, and mean girl or no, even if there were minor jabs, I was actually enjoying the conversation. It wasn’t my drink, I’d grown enough of a tolerance that this was kool-aid to me.

Oh, shit, I get you. Man, I so would, I sooo would, but.. Okay, maybe I could at least buy like, a bottle of my own, at least I could mix the drink how I wanted to. I don’t think it’s a good idea for me to piss this guy off. Not fucking him and taking advantage of him were two completely different things… or were they? I thought about my own philosophy on the subject of hanging out with these creatures - if one was going to kill me, then they’d kill me. Maybe it wasn’t such a bad idea.

And then her comment on the drinks - more ticks on the vampire tally, really, what else could she mean by that? I reached to meet her shake, wondering if she would be cold like Rick was when he hadn’t.. fed.. in a while. Well, they weren’t warm, that’s for fucking sure. I’m Michelle. And Rick is the name of the guy buying us both drinks, tonight, if you care. I grinned, thinking maybe, the one I didn’t want to piss off was the one closest to me at the moment. I let go of her hand, swiveled back around on the bar stool, and waved the bartender over.

Let’s try the Jack and coke again, huge tip in it for you if you’re light on the coke, and whatever she wants.

Back to top Go down

Nïya Kaminski | Vampire; Classic

Posted on Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:17 pm

I had to give it to her, she at least made some sense. If you want something just fucking take it already. That was my own thinking, but if I was being honest the only reason I did that was because I knew I could get away with it. I couldn't be sure others would have as much luck as I did. Now that is true, I sipped from my watered down bloody Mary, pleasantly surprised by the direction this conversation was heading. Exactly why I say make the most of it. So he wanted to impress her, why not have him believe that he was doing just that whilst milking the opportunity? I raised my brow in curiosity now that she spoke of pissing him off and pondered on the possibility of a little brawl at the bar. I hadn't had a good fight in a while, Vox had never allowed me to get my dainty little hands dirty, but I was a sucker for a good show and heck, if the limelight was on me there was nothing I loved more than to give a stellar performance to entertain the audience. Setting my drink back down I couldn't help but chuckle under my breath at the thought of it all. Why's that? Worried he's the big bad wolf in disguise?" The mention of wolves had my mouth watering and I couldn't remember the last time my fangs had been graced with the ambrosial taste of their blood. With that in mind, I made a mental note to check out the town a little another night, after all this was becoming my new home, I should probably get acquainted with my new friends.

Taking her warm hand on my own, which was slightly cold, I pressed the tips of my fingers firmly against the veins on the back of her hand and found enjoyment in the faint pulsing beneath her skin. The moment didn't last long and I wasn't going to let my fingers linger despite their inner protest to hold on a little longer, but I was beginning to feel very excited. Maybe Michelle could offer me more than just pleasant conversation very soon. Michelle, it's a pleasure to meet you. But who gave a fuck about Rick? I sure as shit didn't. Honestly, I'm not really the caring type, but I suppose if he'd like a thank you, I could pay for his next haircut. The caveman hair is so last week. Laughter followed my string of words. Though maybe she was into that kind of thing? I had to remember that not everyone had the same tastes as I did, though if you asked me they would be much better off if they did.Different strokes for different folks though, right? That was the best I could do to attempt to diffuse the jab at her friend a little. Hey, we had freedom of speech, why not put it to good use!

Turning to look at the bartender now as he took Michelle's order, I entertained myself wondering just how long it would take for him to bleed out if I had thrown myself at his artery, and whether his blood would splatter out a masterpiece on the counter of the bar. Whatever I wanted? Honey, if only you knew.. I want your best glass of champagne, and not like the cheap watered down shit you've been giving us tonight. I wasn't the one who would be paying, so I thought why not treat myself? Besides, I had plans for this little glass of champagne, and they involved Michelle. So, do you mind me asking what brings you here tonight? I'm actually new in town and was walking around and found this place. It's gorgeous inside, don't you think? It was dark and sexy and exactly my cup of tea. I had noticed earlier there were others at the bar with marks on their necks and I wondered whether Michelle was one of those, willing and ready to be at the disposal of the hungry that I was beginning to notice were here in abundance, then my thoughts conjured up the best of ideas as the drinks arrived. Thank you. I made the point of grabbing both drinks and in a matter of seconds I'd flicked a cut on my finger and let the droplets spill into her drink before handing it over. Cheers. I picked up my glass for a toast and couldn't hide the shit-eating grin that spread across my face. I had just taken my entertainment for the night up a notch.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:37 pm

I snorted a little. No, I knew a few wolves, too, and I for the most part felt like I was on their good side. Vincent, for me, was incredibly easy to get along with, although I’d seen someone on his bad side - Rick as a matter of fact, and they both ended the night needing a few repairs. Wolf? No, and I took a sip through my grin. Something just as dangerous, if not more. Couldn’t there be some code for talking about this sort of thing? Like there was for tumblr? You know, I’d seen the post a few times. If you meet someone and want to know if they’re on tumblr, you say, I like your shoelaces. And if they get it, and if they’re on tumblr too, they reply with, Thanks, I bought them from the President. Couldn’t there be some code for, hey, I know about vampires and shit, what about you? Maybe the hints I dropped were enough, though, and eventually, she’d admit it if she was, or at least admit if she knew about them, right?

I shrugged, I think long hair works for some guys. I actually can’t imagine Rick with short hair. I realized then, I was just sorta thinking out loud, spilling random thoughts. But really, I don’t think he’d be nearly as hot. And I wasn’t saying it was the long hair doing it for me. I mean.. he would just look fucking weird with short hair. But I wasn’t good at imagining that sort of thing. I take it then that you go for a more clean cut look? Myself, I always went for the badboys. Did I have a pattern with girls? Hadn’t had enough experience to notice a pattern yet.

No more backsies, and shit, maybe Rick had acquired enough monetary assets that this wouldn’t be a big deal, maybe I was overthinking it. In that case, yeah, we should drink up. Funny, I don’t think I’ve ever had champagne before. I’ve just always went straight to whiskey and the hard stuff. I began to contemplate just what had brought me here. Maybe it was a little more than a “fuck you” in Gio’s direction. I don’t know, my roommate kind of hinted that I needed to get out more. I shrugged, then continued, And yeah, I like the vibe of this place. I mean yeah, you’ll see some stuck up assholes, here, but I’ve met some cool people here, too. No one that really stuck with me, except Rick, and he’d been sticking a little too much. But that was a whole different story. There was nothing special about me, and I’m not saying that because I have low self esteem or some shit. The only thing Rick knew about me was that I was familiar with some wolves, and since then, he’d been on my tail even more than usual. I had a slight feeling his warnings about the wolves was an attempt at something. Maybe to persuade me to think about them a certain way.

Well, then, yeah, here’s to you hopefully enjoying this shithole of a town, I winked, as I grabbed the glass and clinked it against hers. I took a drink, and thank god.. or well let’s say thank Rick’s tab, that this was actually a lot closer to what I made at home than the last time. I was more than ready for a strong drink, because I was actually shocked at how social I’d been already. I mean, yeah I guess I could make small talk, but that only went so far. I took another drink, this time almost drinking half of the tumbler full and wiped my mouth as I sat the glass down. Gawd, that’s much better. So, what exactly brings you here, then? I mean, you seem uh.. worldly. Why here? I picked up the glass, and I was starting to find that I really didn’t want to stop looking at her. I even watched her as I took another drink. Man, maybe… wouldn’t it be cool if she was talking to me because… yanno, she was into me? I mean.. I hadn’t been thinking about that, but dude she didn’t just have a cute shirt. She was… fucking gorgeous. Since when had I been this into chicks? First Caly, then this girl? I licked the taste of the Jack from my lips, losing my ability to think of anything decent enough to say.

”Hey, Michelle, wanna come hang with me and the guys? Got a proposition for ya.” It was Rick’s voice, and had my mouth been full, I would have spat my drink. I now couldn’t wipe the grin from my face. And shit, she’s completely ruined any attraction I’d had for him too - he looked like a goddamn caveman now.

Nooooohooohooo, dude, I think I’m happy to be just where I am right now.

Back to top Go down

Nïya Kaminski | Vampire; Classic

Posted on Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:45 am

Who would have thought I would be as interested in this conversation as I actually was? I wondered if this was only because I wanted something to do and this was the most entertaining thing in front of me or if I was just genuinely intrigued in the conversation at hand? I figured regardless, it was better than sitting around at the bar and pouting over Vox and his ridiculous decisions. Something just as dangerous? Hell, I could think of a few things but I had an inkling of what she was trying to say. Like what? I decided I would play it coy. Although I was sure there were plenty of humans aware of the supernaturals in the world, there were a few who weren't and I was not about to expose myself unless I really had to. I was certain that I could just coax the word out of her with a few more drinks and a few manipulating questions.  

I guessed she thought long hair must have suited her little friend based on her answer, not that it bothered me one bit she was welcome to like whatever she liked but personally it just wasn’t my style. Heck, if I had a few drinks in me I would probably find him and give him that haircut myself just to make things right in the world - though I figured I probably should refrain from doing something crazy like that. I knew next to nothing about the guy and I wasn't here to make enemies just yet. The urge to cause trouble however; was only increasing. Not exactly. I didn't care either way, I just liked them hot. It doesn’t bother me as long as they look good, men and women alike, of course. I raised my brow ever so slightly and shot her a playful smirk. There was nothing wrong with insinuating, was there? If I was going to play nice I may as well make this fun for the both of us.

Oh, it's a refined taste. And I didn't mean that in a rude way. "t's a bit like wine I suppose, some people love it, others cannot stand it. I liked anything with alcohol but I still working on perfecting the mixture of blood and booze, so far I had to say that champagne tasted ravishing with just a few droplets. Do you want to try? I gently slid across the champagne flute in her direction so she could have a go. The champagne on its own was actually pretty good. And what do you think? Maybe she thought the exact same which was why she was here in the first place. You don't strike me as the kind of person who stays at home all day long. Then again appearances were just superficial. Reminds me of...those rich undercover brothels. I chuckled. You know what I mean? Classy enough to pass as a respectful establishment but with an air of mystery that alludes to more than what meets the eye.

Whether I would come to enjoy this shithole of a town was yet to be seen, but I had hopes that I could make it work for me. There wasn't much else I could do given the situation I was in, I refused to let Vox win, and although right now I had no means to plot my revenge I knew that it was brewing. As much as I had craved his company and his approval only a matter of days ago I found myself now I only craving his final death. Mentally I shrugged, there really was a thin line between love and hate. Thank you. I sipped on my drink thoughtfully, watching her as she brought her glass up to her lips. Right? I nodded in agreement. Nothing inflicting a little bit of fear can't fix, am I right? I grinned. It worked for the most part for me. I questioned why she even cared about what brought me here. Perhaps she was enjoying the small talk and thought it best to keep the conversation going?

I was sent here. I didn't think that telling her my maker thought it was best to banish me from my home country would be relatable in any sense, so why bother. Let's just say...a friend of mine thought I needed to get out more also. It wasn't necessarily a lie, he just wanted me to get away..completely. Meh, they were just slight technicalities right? Who gave a damn about the details of the story. So far I'm enjoying myself, especially since I've found some interesting company. I purposefully took her in, taking a moment to admire her form in its entirety, knowing her eyes were on me now. The hunger for a taste only heightened and I found feel the tips of my fangs struggling not to click down. Grabbing my glass, I took another slow and agonizing sip, attempting to keep myself under control for as long as I could handle.  

Finding the moment interrupted, I turned immediately to the culprit, my face in a slight scowl. What happened to manners? Excuse me would have sufficed, or an I'm sorry to interrupt the non-verbal conversation the two of you were having. Think your proposition has to be good if you're looking to tear her away from me. I mused, placing a calculating hand on Michelle's knee now. We're having a pretty good time right now, aren't we? I bit my lip slightly as I turned my attention to her. "Oh you are?" Rick raised his brow in curiosity now as he glanced back and forth between the two of us. I wanted him to think exactly what was crossing his mind.  I'm Niya by the way, it's nice to meet you. I shook his hand quickly and registered how cold his skin was. Lovely. I hoped he didn't think I was claiming his prize just yet. I was still to get my fill and I didn't want his presence to cut this party short. My glass suddenly slipped from my grasp and champagne landed across his outfit. Oh, I'm really sorry! I feigned shock and handed him a few napkins that were on the counter and watched as he cursed under his breath and walked off to clean himself up. Well...that was a great first impression I made. I'm not typically that clumsy. Of course, I had done it to get him out of the way, but I was sure it wouldn't be for long. You know..  My hands reached for a piece of her hair, smoothing it between my fingertips. Your hair color is really gorgeous. I smiled. It's hot, actually.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:02 pm

Damn, I was really having to beat around the bush on this one, wasn’t I? And I wasn’t exactly as smooth as silk with my words. I was used to being blunt, so this was frustrating to me, to say the least. I chewed at my bottom lip, looking around with my eyes, always in situations like this thinking of those fucking Snickers commercials. Was it Snickers? The whole, need a minute? and then the person stuff their mouth full of chocolate while they thought of an answer. Finally I let my eyes find their way back to her, brow raised, a slight smile. Let’s just say he’s got a bite to him. Not that I’d let him get that far yet. Or shit, if I had, I didn’t remember it, and I had no marks like I had seen on some of the people here. Shit, I wasn’t looking, but some of these people had no problems showing them off.

I shrugged, returning the smile just before taking another sip of my drink. Okay, not a sip. I didn’t know how to just sip on a drink. I didn’t know if it was a lack of patience or boredom or just… being thirsty. The end result was me getting drunk faster than I’d planned - and in the long term I was building a tolerance, which when you didn’t have money falling out of your ass was kind of a problem. It wasn’t hard for me to figure on how people became alcoholics. It’s cheaper to stay home and drink. More fun but expensive to go out and do it socially. Shit, I was going to have to acquire more friends. Bonfires were cheaper than going out to clubs, right? Fuck, that sounded fun, too.

Yeah, sure, I’ll try it, I took the glass by the stem just below the actual cup of it, and just tipped it over so that the fluid ran over the glass and over my lip. More bubbly than I had expected, less sweet than I’d expected. Not at all like Caly’s ridiculously sweet drinks. I replaced the glass and pushed it to her. Not bad at all. Shit, I guess I wouldn’t mind getting drunk on that stuff. Maybe just one night kind of live it up, kind of like the Christmas Ball that I’d went to, but better. Fewer people, but cooler people. I had a feeling this stuff would pair well with.. well.. sex. Yes, that was it. A good fuck. And just like that, I was already imagining the girl before me, undressing herself, her eyes not leaving mine. God, no way the champagne was making me this hot this fast. In fact, my imagination was starting to feel.. almost real. Like, my reality was flashing between the her that was sitting there having a conversation with me, and the one who was now reaching to brush her fingers against my face. I shook my head, as if I had been falling asleep, and finally it was her still image, the surroundings of Poison around me. Just as normal as could be.

Huh? Oh, uh.. brothel? I don’t know, I’ve heard things about this place. I smirked, but shit, I was kind of.. fucked up over what just happened. What made it even more confusing was that she was now looking at me with the same look she’d had when I imagined her taking off her shirt. No, she was leaving her clothes on, but goddamn that look wasn’t just.. checking out my necklace or something. It was way more, and I found myself returning the same one. I wondered if she looked underneath those clothes just how I’d imagined. I tore my gaze away from her, and took the final sip of my Jack and Coke. Shit, I needed to play it cool. Just what the hell was I wanting to happen? What if she was what I thought she was? Would I even get a fuck out of it or would she take me in an alley somewhere and tear into my neck straight away?

And then there was Rick, and for those who didn’t know him, he looked a little miffed but not that bothered. But me? I knew he was pissed. Why don’t you just tell me what it is here? I’m sure Niya - And my eyes widened as her champagne was now scattered across his shirt. Shit this could get bad, I mean I didn’t want a repeat of what had happened at the store with him and Vincent. Admittedly, I was curious as to whatever the fuck it was he wanted. I didn’t think it was as simple as any bystanders to the conversation would think it was.

”I’m having difficulty imagining you’re that clumsy, but it’s alright. I can imagine I’ll have worse on my shirt tonight,” he said, and now he was looking at me. And my forever moronic reaction of underestimating just what he could do to me clicked in. I cocked my head to the side. Really, Rick? And just how many times have you threatened that. Just chill, I’ll text you later. Just chill.

He glared at Niya, shook his head. ”Just be careful with this one. You can’t smell the dog on her?” And with that he left, but not without a miffed glance back. But Niya had my mind far, far away from him within no time. Her hand was in my hair and my heart was racing. Fuck, again, with the compliments, especially now when there was much more insinuation to it.

I’m glad you think so, I barely choked out. My eyes trailed from her fingers in my hair, to her arm and back to her. Was this where I was supposed to just, like fucking kiss her or something? God, I so could have. My lips were tingling, and…

I saw the movement of the bartender nearby. Likely enjoying the show of two girls flirting, not like that had to be rare here but still a treat, right? Not that I cared. My eyes still hadn’t left Niya. Can we get two more glasses of that champagne? Now I just smiled, and let my facial expression do the talking. You’re… beyond hot. I could kick myself, but it had just fell out of my mouth. I took a risk, or at least what I considered a risk, and rested my hand on her thigh. I was one glass of champagne short of asking her if she wanted to get out of here, and that glass was now sitting on the bar in front of me. I took a drink of it, and finally lifted my hand to brush my lips with my finger. I was now consumed with the idea. Tell me, Niya, Do you bite?

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics