setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Open - 1] Fresh Blood

[Open - 1] Fresh Blood

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[Open - 1] Fresh Blood

Nïya Kaminski | Vampire; Classic

Posted on Sat Sep 12, 2015 4:20 am

Thread Details

Overcast | 11.46pm

OOC Message
Outfit

I wasn't the kind of woman to sit around and wallow in sadness for too long and I had to say that after the episode in my apartment, I felt a lot better. I had broken a few pieces, I had screamed and I had gotten it out of my system - for the time being I was over it. 

This was supposed to be a new beginning for me and though it may have not been of my own choice entirely, I was ready to accept that this was how things were and just move on. Opening the elegant doors of Poison, I adjusted my top and walked in with a newfound mindset. I was going to make this work for me. So I may have had no luggage, but at least I had my credit card and my passport. I could always use the money I had saved up to tide me over for a while until I found myself a job, and I suppose that I could always just buy myself new clothes. 

Taking a seat at the bar with a sigh, I glanced around me and examined the multitude of faces I had yet to get to know and thought about my situation. Moving to an entirely different country was an intimidating move but I had to say, I was ready to face it head on. Was there really any other way to deal with the situation I was in? I refused to sit around and feel sorry for myself, that was the mundane thing to do and I was far from mundane. I'd like a bloody mary, please. I told the bartender. I was feeling quite thirsty, and though alcohol was not exactly what I was looking to drink up, for the moment it would have to do. I had a feeling that I would be drinking something far superior soon enough, by the marks on some of the necks of those in the bar, there was more to this place than it seemed. I had come to the right place.

#Open

Back to top Go down

Re: [Open - 1] Fresh Blood

Michelle Hawke | Human; Citizen

Posted on Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:37 am

OOC Message
Rick. Hair. Threads.

”Michelle! What are you doing here?” The tone was more excited than annoyed.
Fuck, I’d barely made it out of my car and Rick was already in my face. Did I come for him? Nah, maybe boredom, curiosity, aimlessly seeing what kind of trouble I could get into since I knew what the place was. Rick was hot, but damn, kind of clingy and annoying. I didn’t think vampires were.. I mean shit, weren’t they all supposed to be cool and kind of irresistible or something?

Oh, you know, I just missed you soooo much. Besides, I figured I’d show you that the wolves haven’t torn me to pieces yet. Although, damn, I was starting to wonder about Maggie. And now I hadn’t heard from Gabe either. Where the fuck was everyone?

”Give it time,” he said solemnly, and looked almost as if he was going to say something else, but he stopped. ”Come on in, though, I’ll buy you a drink.” I started walking toward the big red Poison door with him, and I guess it was alright that I already knew someone. ”You don’t really smell like you’ve been around dogs, at least not that much.”

One, and he pissed me the fuck off. Oh, shit, was this my way of giving Gio the bird? Shit, if it was, then whatever. I didn’t care. Really, now that Rick was here, I just might get a few free drinks in. ”They’re good at that,” He opened the door for me, and I walked in, looking at the familiar place. No live music now, just the house music, which I was honestly fine with. My head just wasn’t feeling it. I didn’t feel like yelling over music and I sure as fuck didn’t want to pretend to enjoy Rick’s music. Okay, his music didn’t suck, but that was about all I could say about it.

”I’ve got some business to take care of, but uh.. when you order, just tell ‘em it’s on Rick’s tab, okay?” I nodded, and found an empty seat. I looked around, thinking I might make a game of it, figuring out who had fangs and who didn’t. How hard could it be, right?

”What’ll it be?” I heard the bartender, not expecting to have his attention so soon, so I turned my head around from my brief survey. Jack and coke. It came out now automatically, without effort. Rick said this is on his tab. The guy grinned and began making the drink, but I quickly went back to my survey, realizing I had no fucking clue. My attention turned to the girl next to me. Shit, can I raid her closet? Hrm.. I wonder how long into a conversation I’d figure out whether or not she was.. yanno, a vamper.

Dude, your top is hella cute.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:17 pm

Sitting alone, especially in a bar seemed to come across as an invitation for strangers to talk to you these days. I wasn’t sure whether it came down to the metaphorical scent of loneliness that filled the air, or the simple fact that I had an empty stool beside either side of me, but it didn’t take long for someone to interrupt my drink in solitude.

I admit that usually I found it annoying, but thoughts of Vox and the events that took place in the last week were still swarming in my head and for once, I was glad for the disturbance. Thanking the bartender once he was ready with my drink, I turned to see who’s presence I was graced with, and brought the glass to my lips with a smirk, looking at her from top to toe. She clearly loved her purple and black,  and lucky for her it seemed to suit her.

I know. I sipped from my drink and let my heightened taste buds soak in the flavour for a moment. It wasn’t the best bloody Mary I had ever had, but I figured any thing could be fixed with a few droplets of human blood. The idea had me licking my lips, and now my attention was fixed on the woman before me. I wondered how her blood tasted and whether it would be a great addition to the drink in my hand. It’s from Miss Selfridge. My British accent was thick but my words came out almost melodically. I wondered now if she even knew what Miss Selfridge was, and if they had stores in the US.

You’re the one with the cool outfit though, love the colour scheme. That wasn’t a lie, the guy she had come in with however.. I had a few thoughts about his hair, and none were pleasant in nature. So a tab, huh? I had overheard, it was hard not to. What’s the price? There was always some kind of price to pay for ‘kindness’. Was she going to the bathrooms later and pay him with some head? Or was he trying to impress to get himself right under that little black dress of hers. I’m not one to judge. Hell, if I were you I’d be buying drinks for the whole bar. There was fun to be had in making someone regret their choices.

Back to top Go down

Michelle Hawke | Human; Citizen

Posted on Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:40 pm

As much as I hated that stereotypes existed, I usually found that they did for a reason. Okay, maybe not all of them. And the one in my mind was one that I just sorta.. made up. I think? But her accent had it pretty much set in my mind that she was a vampire. A fucking accent - that was my rationale? Yikes. Pretty lame of me, but whatever, it was really the only clue I had. What else would someone from all across the ocean be doing in a shithole like this?

I’ll, um… I’ll have to check it out. I knew my heartrate had probably picked up just a little bit. Shit I’d experienced with the wolves and then with Rick had me kind of used to it. But there was always that chance that you’d meet the one who only wanted your blood and cared about nothing else. Shit though, I guess I just expected that if that was going to be the case, then it would just fucking happen. Not a lot I could do about it, huh? And shit, what a cool way to die. Not like, yeah, I fucked up my life and gave myself the die-uh-bee-tuss by drinking tankfulls of mountain dew and eating krispy kreme every day of my life.

Yeah, I don’t know, the world just isn’t right if I don’t look like the villain on an eighties cartoon, you know? Finally, my drink was placed in front of me. I removed the straw and took a sip, frowning at that there was definitely more coke than Jack. Shit, I guess I’d kind of spoiled myself making these at home. I almost spat when it came to her question, but a smile spread across my lips. Even a chuckle escaped. Yeah, it looks that way, huh? If I told the truth, I would probably sound like I was making an excuse.. and if I told my theories on it, then I would just sound fucking nuts, right? But shit, either way, I was gonna be as honest as I could. He’s not gotten very far with it, I mean yeah, I’ve made out with him - but god, you’d think all the time he’s had to learn how to be good at that shit he’d be better. I think he really just wants me in his band, though. Not a lie, shit, every time he saw me, he asked me to play. I could play, sure, but I kind of hated it. Something about playing made me feel… not myself. Funny, wasn’t it supposed to go the other way around?

And now I felt, I don’t know, challenged? I wasn’t exactly sure what to gather from her comment. Was it a jab to me? Or Rick? Or both? God, maybe if I’d get off my computer more often I’d fucking get people. I shrugged it off. Wouldn’t matter, I’m broke as fuck. And I don’t know about yours, but mine doesn’t really have enough of the good stuff to do me any favors anyway. Yup, I knew I was going to sound like a moron. Why were British people so um.. shit.. Passive aggressive? Brilliant with subtle jabs? Shit, there I go back to my stereotypes.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:19 pm

There was something to be said about body language - inner and outer. Though perhaps some people thought the whole concept of studying it was just another fad that some quirky kid with a brain too big for his boots made up in order to explain the unexplainable, I knew from personal experience there was at least some truth behind it. I didn't have to look at her directly to notice the slight shift in her, the elevation in her heart rate was enough to tell me she found something about me intimidating. Though in my head I was certain I had given her no particular reason to find me intimidating, the thought alone brought a smug smile across my face.I lost myself momentarily, imagining the blood pumping faster through her veins and just how inviting the lulling sound of her heartbeat was at this very moment. I would kill for a bite - but I had used up my fill of reckless behaviour back in London so I tried to play nice, for now. I think the look suits you well. And..I just about used up my fill of compliments too, so I left it at that.

If Vox was here he would be telling me I needed to be a little nicer, a little less blunt with my questions and blend in a little more if I wanted to fit in with the community. I never quite understood that, fitting in with the community. I was powerful and pretty fucking majestic, why would I want to blend in with peasants who's only use for me was as my dinner? He could do that all on his own, now that he had rid himself of me for good. I was still sour about that. By the sour look on her face I could only figure that her drink was as much of a disappointment as mine. Looks like maybe that bartender needed schooling in mixology, or maybe he just needed to be ridden of. I voted for the latter, and I would gladly volunteer to help. I needed a job anyway now that I had moved here, if I could just..figure out a way to make him disappear, then I could come along and take his place. Well, the way I see it, you never get something for nothing. I shrugged. People just aren't selfless like that, no matter how much they might like to pretend to be. I wasn't going to give her advice on what to do with her life, frankly I couldn't give a shit but I couldn't help laying out the facts.

Raising my brow, I had to say that I admired her honesty in the matter. I didn't think she was down to discuss her personal details with a stranger nonetheless but maybe it was the fact that she was slightly intimidated that brought up the verbal diarrhoea? Whatever. I just wanted a little entertainment and she seemed to be willing enough to provide just that. Yeah, or most likely he wants you to play with his personal instrument. Blow his trumpet and all that fun shit. I answered back with a laugh. That's exactly why you should just rinse out his tab. I could do with a few free drinks, I had money but I wasn't looking to waste my own if I could persuade someone else to spend theirs. These drinks do suck, they're missing..something, aside from alcohol of that is. Thoughtfully, I stuck my finger in my drink and brought it up to my lips to suck on, I had my mind set on spiking the drink with a little bit of blood and why not take her along for the ride? Where are my manners? I'm Nïya. I shot her a playful smirk, extending my hand out to shake hers. I couldn't wait to feel her veins pulsing beneath my fingers.

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics