setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Fucking Fangers - Page 4

[Private] Fucking Fangers

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] Fucking Fangers

Rohana Khan | Wolf; Spiritual Leader

Posted on Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:14 am

I hope it doesn't too. I agreed sadly. We'll just have to hope for the best but prepare for the worst. As much as I wanted to hope the situation wouldn't end in more death I couldn't shake a bad feeling about it. I could have all the bad feelings in the world though, and it wouldn't make me feel sorry for myself like Vincent seemed to think I should. I gave a slow shake of my head. No.. it's not about it being fair. He's my friend, whatever's happened in the time since I last properly saw him, whatever's going on.. this isn't about me, or being fair to myself. It's about helping a friend out. Friends and family - you help them, that's just how it is, isn't it? Friends, family, and the pack too now. Being there not just for the good, but the bad too... don't worry about me.

I took the tiniest sip out of my own cup, blowing on the hot liquid before setting the mug down lest I burn myself. It was so tempting but also so, so hot. I glanced up to Vincent, one eyebrow raised and attempting to stay serious, but him sitting looking so affronted with the flower patterned mug still right there in his hands... I broke out into a smile that I tried to hide behind a hand. Not a word... though I'm confused how it being my cocoa makes things any different. I raised my eyebrow at him again, And it is only melted chocolate, technically, but... if you don't want anyone to know that you like it then don't worry, I'm not going to run round whispering to everyone how the pack master likes drinking cocoa. I don't think there's anything unusual about it for me to tell anyone anyway. Maybe the floral mug might have been a dent to his pride if he wasn't that self-confident, but just the cocoa? I wasn't sure if this quirk was a man related thing or a wolf thing but either way I just smiled to myself and smothered any further displays of my amusement. Being embarrassed that you like cocoa might seem ridiculous to me but to Vincent it was obviously an important matter so I wasn't going to openly mock him for it, even if it just seemed so silly.

We won't need a miracle.. we'll be able to work it out. We've got the best chance of doing it together. Did I really believe it was going to be as easy as I made it sound? No. But I didn't see the point in being self-defeatist about it either.

When I returned with the massage oil at first I'd been too pre-occupied with choosing one that didn't have too overpowering a scent, but when my choice was made and I switched my attention to Vincent again I frowned. He somehow seemed more tense than when I'd left the room. I sidestepped to look at him properly, wondering what on earth was even going on in his mind with him staring blankly ahead. He looked like a death row prisoner accepting their fate, not someone about to receive a hopefully relaxing massage. I plastered on a bright smile and squeezed his shoulder again, trying not to let my smile falter when I did so. Why did I have the feeling his muscles were going to have knots upon knots and that this was going to end up being work for me? Just the way he held himself and sat there made my sympathize for his back muscles. You're going to sit and drink your secret cocoa while I give you a little massage to help you feel better. I intentionally avoided saying 'relax' again just in case he got defensive about it, or how girly he might think massage oils or even massages were considering his opinion on cocoa. It's the least I can do after dumping all of this on you.

I squeezed a little of the oil out onto my palm, the soft scent of lavender spreading through the room, and rubbed my palms together to spread it. I looked down at Vincent's back and did my best to ignore the scars across it. I didn't want to dredge up bad memories, I wanted to keep it a good experience for him, help relieve some of the frustration. I breathed in deeply, helping myself relax too, and got to work. I started on his shoulders, just coating them in oil at first and then gently easing the skin and muscles, keeping it light. I could feel the knots I'd expected might be there and again, wanted to keep it a good experience.. not a painful one which is what could happen if I tried to get all the knots out. My hands moved lower, to his shoulder blades, and I tried my best not to let the scarring over them affect me. I didn't avoid the scars but I didn't linger on them either. I tried not to think about what might have caused them. Vincent had already revealed enough earlier, enough of an explanation that I needed. And yet I kept finding my gaze drawn to one on his shoulder. It was different to the rest, unusual and uneven and with the appearance of a burn. Just looking at it made my stomach twist with empathy, of how painful it must have been.. Let me know if any area's... sore. I said lowly, averting my gaze and forcing myself to focus on the muscles under Vincent's skin, not the markings that lay upon it. I wasn't going to uplift or help anything if I felt upset myself. I flashed a small smile regardless of whether he could see it or not and continued in a brighter tone, Then I can either avoid them or give them more attention, whichever you'd prefer.

Back to top Go down

Vincent Sawyer Byrne | Wolf; Pack Master/Alpha

Posted on Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:55 pm

I was always and never prepared for the worst. I prepared for bad, but things always ended up worse than bad. Like right now. I tried saying something I felt was honest, was good, and she was disagreeing with me? No one was that selfless. I refused to believe she didn't feel this was unfair. Feeling pushed into choosing a pack that you barely know or an old friend, knowing death will come for either side if things continue being out of hand. How could that not anger her? Not even a little bit? It wasn't believable to me, and I just shrugged it off as her being self-righteous. I guess? Not everyone thinks that way though. 'You think some of these wolves would even hesitate for a minute if they were faced with your friend? 'You think they'd consider your feelings on the matter? Some wouldn't.

It's not unusual... It's just... They had enough reasons to talk shit about me. They had enough reasons to call me weak and hate me. Why did I even care? The fucked part was, I did, a lot. Sissy. I muttered into the mug before taking a drink, finally realizing she'd taken it upon herself to search for the girliest mug in her damn kitchen and gave it to me. Perfect.

Wait seriously? Was this really happening? Jesus fucking Christ was I dreaming? This didn't feel real. The more time I spent with her the deeper I got into... Her world. And I didn't want to say no, not to the hot chocolate, and definitely not to a massage, and not just because no one had ever given me one before. The feeling was weird, and no, not the massage, just the idea of what was happening. I didn't have liquor in my cup, I had fucking hot chocolate. Like I was a fucking six year old and it was the best thing that could ever be put into a cup and placed in front of me. And now I was about to get a massage. It was just bizarre, and I didn't know if it was bizarre in a good way or a bad way...

What's the price? Because I don't know if I'm good at massages or not... If I'm returning the favor. Nobody did something for nothing. A thought that had entered my mind several times tonight, and was still fucking relevant. In fact, the idea of not paying for this one way or another felt wrong. It just didn't sit right with me. I dumped on you too, I think we're even in that... Whole... Deal...

At first I was tense, really fucking tense because this was just weird and I was awkward and the whole damn room was awkward and the cocoa wasn't strong enough to block out the overall weirdness of all of this. I felt like I needed to say something, like we both needed to say something. Yanno, you don't need to do this, if it's weird or just there's no nee- I'd started talking, but she was already going in for the kill and maybe it was just because the skin on the back was never touched, I didn't know, and I didn't want to admit that I liked it but it was already obvious because my stupid fucking head was sinking and the groan that accompanied it. It wasn't weird anymore, simply because it was good.

At first I just smiled at what she said next. But that smile turned into a chuckle, and then that turned into a full on laugh. I couldn't help myself. I'm sorry. I cleared my throat. But I couldn't get those words out of my head, and my mental response was even louder. Just the idea of her working over my muscles... And offering to give them more attention. Fuck I didn't want my mind to go back there but it was fucking funny.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:25 am

The outcome of what Vincent was suggesting obviously upset me. I don't expect them to. If they were faced with him they'd most likely have no idea he was anything to do with me anyway. I didn't know if it would make much difference to the rest of the pack that the wolf was connected to me if they were aware either. But even if they did... I know not everyone feels that way. I smiled sadly, trying not to think of those scenarios. The worst thing? That if a wolf did come across Sam and killed him, how easy a way out that could be, avoiding any need for either Vincent or I to do it. I hated myself for the thought but it didn't stop it being true.

-

Sissy... I held back a long-suffering sigh but couldn't leave that alone. Well, I don't know how liking nice things is sissy. But there's no problem if no-one finds out either, right? I smiled co-conspiratorially at Vincent. Of all the things to be embarrassed of, drinking hot cocoa was something I couldn't wrap my head around and I wasn't going to try. It didn't mean I couldn't offer an alternative though. Well, if you want to enjoy things without anyone judging you, you're welcome to stop by when you need.

I got more into the massage, pressing harder, firmer and further down, not worrying so much about the marks across Vincent's back while he was quite obviously enjoying the massage. He'd surprised me. I knew massages were relaxing but I hadn't expected him to submit to one so easily, or show that he had, being so responsive to my touch. The groan almost made me jump and I shifted on my feet uneasily, wishing it hadn't affected me. It was more than a little sexual. I cleared my throat, ignored his slight protests and concentrated on a smaller knot that I felt I could ease out without it being too painful, glad of the distraction. There's no price... I giggled a little at the thought, Don't worry about returning anything, you don't have to. I was thinking about having a bath after anyway so I should be plenty relaxed myself... I rubbed my thumb over the knot in circular motions, watching the muscles in Vincent's back as it slowly eased out. He had a nice back, strong. I ran my hands down it after I was done with the knot, smoothing in the massage oil.

My admiration came to a stop when his back started shuddering and at first I actually wondered if he was going to cry. I closed my eyes in relief when the movement turned into laughter, even though it was just as odd as him crying. I couldn't help laugh a bit myself though I had no idea what was so funny. Maybe it was Vincent's way of relaxing? I didn't know what could be funny about him telling me which parts needed more attention. No, you don't need to be sorry. If you want to laugh, laugh... I laughed myself, shaking my head at him. He was crazy. Vincent was absolutely crazy, laughing like a lunatic while there I was, giving him a massage. Maybe it was irony that had set him off. Is it because all your back needs attention? I feel like I'm missing something here. I smiled tiredly but continued rubbing at his back.

If you'd really like to do something, feel free to wash up in the morning- I stopped, both talking and massage, and stood up a little straighter as I tiredly realised something, Oh! I didn't mean to assume you're staying, I completely forgot about organizing anything and it's so late, and I'm sorry but I don't think I've got the energy to teleport you home, so I assumed you were staying, even though you didn't know that. I should have told you. I brushed some hair out of my face with the back of my hand, doing my best not to get my hair oily, holding them up awkwardly in front of me. But you know I have the spare room and the sheets on the bed are clean, so the offer's there if you would like to stay... not that I feel like I'm giving you a great amount of choice here. I should have made it clearer earlier.

Back to top Go down

Vincent Sawyer Byrne | Wolf; Pack Master/Alpha

Posted on Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:16 pm

I frowned. The offer was nice and all, but if this was how things were going to be when I stopped by then I wasn't sure I could allow myself to. It wasn't that it was bad, I mean shit, being here was like stepping into another universe. Which was good, good for my sanity. An escape, one that didn't require sex. And those were fucking hard as hell to find. But it was also strange. I couldn't get a read on her, she was just... Different. Her clothing, her belongings, her appearance, her scent, everything about her was just different and I wasn't sure if everything she represented and everything about her was a right fit for me. I couldn't tell if her niceness was genuine. And a part of me was inclined to believe it wasn't.

A safe house... A thought aloud. Why are you nice to me? I asked, I mean, is it real? I was nervous for her answer, yeah. But I had to know. Shit I hated to admit it but a part of me wanted to take her up on her offer, but at the same time there was no way I'd be able to if I constantly felt like I was being played. Which was exactly how I felt, maybe not one-hundred percent, maybe not all of the time, but the feeling was there a lot of the time. Thanks. I finally said, even if it wasn't real, in the moment, I wanted to pretend it was.

I knew exactly what I needed from her. I needed something. Vengeance, anger, attitude, anything less than positive, and more intense than sadness so I could relate to her. That had to be it. That had to be exactly why I was so paranoid about her being nice. Because I hadn't seen much else. Laughter was good, but not quite what I was looking for. Either way I was thankful she didn't get why I was laughing. I didn't want to bring up that topic with her again. No fucking way. Nothing, this is just funny to me. It's not at all how I thought the night would go. Or any night, actually.

When she stopped, I stood up. Why did I feel ten pounds lighter? Maybe it was like eye sight. You don't realize how fucked your vision is until you get glasses, or so I've heard. I didn't realize how much I needed a massage, until I got one. I- Massage... A bath was mentioned... Staying the night, my mind went to the only logical explanation, but then she said spare room and I realized she was probably the most complicated fucking female I'd ever met. I can stay? It wasn't really a question for her, but more for myself. I mean, if it's not weird for you. I really don't wanna walk my ass home.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:28 pm

If the strange laughter hadn't make me suspect Vincent was going to crack, what he said next did. A safe house? How did his mind go there? The way he viewed wolves and his role honestly disturbed me at times. Well what else would it be? I said, slightly affronted. I folded my arms and gazed at him in concern, torn between worry and irritation. The former won out when I thought about how some of the pack had treated me. Yes, yes it's real. But I'm not singling you out, I try and be nice to everyone. Why be rude for no reason? That's not the way I was raised and it's not the way I want to act, even if that's how some wolves do. I gazed at him, thinking back to the last time he'd been at my house and how members of the pack had beaten him up. His paranoia wasn't exactly unfounded. Besides, how could I be a detective and go round being mean? I smiled, starting to feel emotional again. Everyone deserves a chance and regardless of anything, people deserve some level of respect. And I could ask the same of you, you've been beyond nice to me tonight. So... why would I not mean it? I sniffed a little, trying to reign my emotions in. That was not going to happen - I was not going to cry in front of him again. Even if I had been nice, even if I had been trying to help him and he'd just turned around and asked if it was real...

I stood up abruptly and walked over to the kitchen counters, opening a drawer and grabbing some tissue. I dabbed at my eyes and cleared my throat as subtly as possible and then before turning round started wiping at my hands. This oil just gets everywhere... I said with a smile, feeling more under control. It wasn't even Vincent's fault that he couldn't accept niceness, it must have been a learned behavior. It only made me more angry that the other wolves had done that to him. Or if not them, then before that. I didn't know anything about his family.

Nights tend to go that way since I've been a wolf.. no, since I've been a detective, actually. Never knowing what might happen. I paused and looked down, clasping my hands in front of each other. But.. I'm glad I told you, so glad.. and relieved that you've been so nice to me when you didn't have to. Thank you. I smiled down at my hands, knowing I might embarrassingly start crying if I looked up to Vincent and met his eyes. I tried to think more positively to let the emotion pass. It was a new start. The day would soon be over, but our work hadn't even yet begun. We'd need to use everything at our disposal to find solutions to both of our problems and it was a blessing we could apparently work well together.

I looked to Vincent, wondering if he'd heard me. Maybe not. I'd rather him be in his own little world than completely unhinging and going mad though, so I just rubbed at his shoulder and nodded. Yeah, of course you can. I don't see how it would be weird and I can't make you walk home this late. Let me just tidy some files away in there and you can crash. God knows I was ready to. I'd have to be careful not to fall asleep in the bath or delay it until the next morning if moving about didn't dispel the tired ache in my bones. I.. don't have anything you can change into though, that'll be okay? I was already taking the answer as yes, walking towards the spare room to put away some work papers and fold back the sheets of the bed. That massage oil on his back was just going to soak straight into the silk sheets and they'd need a serious clean, but it was worth it if it meant Vincent got to experience some apparently rare 'niceness' without judgement.

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics