setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Fucking Fangers

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Vincent Sawyer Byrne | Wolf; Pack Master/Alpha

Posted on Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:02 pm

I was hesitant meeting her here. This was our part of the woods. This was wolf territory, and with a full pack of the fuckers lurking all around these parts, all it'd take is one wolf out on a run to catch her scent and it would be game over. But she insisted we do this here, and I knew what her game was. I knew why she wanted to meet here. The pressure, hoping I'd break out of fear of being caught, simply so we could end the conversation early. It was a good fucking tactic, because I was already feeling the heat. I told you Ursula, some fucking witch entered my house in the middle of the night, and took it. What the fuck did you want me to do? She had me by the fucking short and curlys, I had no fucking power over it. - ''I heard you, but I know you're lying. Now wolf, I've been cordial, I've been outright helpful during this transition, but I'm beginning to lose my patience. And I think we both know what happens when I get angry.''

Get angry, I don't give a fuck anymore. You have me break into some witches high security twilight zone bullshit, which might I add, I did as a fucking favor, and you still find it unbelievable that someone with that much power would be capable of finding me, and taking back what you asked me to steal. What the fuck else do you want me to say? I mean shit, you said yourself, you couldn't even go get it yourself because of her power, now I'm a fucking liar? Don't forget fanger, you may think you're running this show but I could send myself off a cliff right now and then what would happen to your precious Lilith? This was fucked up, I heard myself speaking, but it wasn't my voice that was coming out, it was fucking Odin's. I sounded just like him. How did I have any right to condemn him for his alliance with the fangers, but still turn around and do the exact same thing? Yeah, maybe it wasn't an alliance, maybe I was working with that coven to prevent them from getting what they wanted, but it didn't matter. This felt fucking wrong, and I felt fucking trapped.

She smirked, and the only thing I could read from it was... It had nothing to do with the conversation. Fuck the way she acted made my skin crawl with fear and disgust. ''Our deal is still a deal, our alliance is still an alliance. You get me that box when you can, and we can meet up later to discuss your reward? Does that sound alright?'' What the fuck was she talking about? We had no deal. We had no alliance. And I sure as fuck had never heard anything about a reward. I opened my mouth to actually voice what I was thinking, but she disappeared. Fucking fangers...

Back to top Go down

Re: [Private] Fucking Fangers

Rohana Khan | Wolf; Spiritual Leader

Posted on Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:31 pm

I knew my time was running out in which to find Sam, and sort Sam out. I still had no idea how I was going to 'sort him out'. I really didn't have much idea of anything but I felt as if I was playing with a half-deck of cards and finding Sam again might at least lead to gaining some more information about what the hell was going on. Perhaps he was ill.. infected with some strange, mutated wolf disease.. or poisoned - by a witch, maybe?! The possibilities were endless considering what we were and the fact we existed. All I knew was that it couldn't be Somansh himself. Something must be making him act so wild and I had to find him before someone else did - someone else who might not care about Sam making it out of the ordeal alive.

The forest was dark and quiet and though there was a chance of running into another packmate, I wasn't worried. Any time any of them caught me in the woods they thought it was all a part of my 'checking perimeters' thanks to Brutus never letting me live that one down. So although the old jokes and insults were repeatedly dredged up, considering the wolves apparently couldn't think of any new ones, none of them seemed to be suspicious at all.

I was scouting the forest for a trace of Sam's scent that evening when instead, I caught the smell of something else. I immediately froze, squatted down and made sure I was definitely downwind of the scent before doing anything further. Then I took a deep inhale, closing my eyes and focusing on the scent. It smelled.. familiar. It wasn't Sam's, but it was another I knew well. Onyx.

At first dread ran through me. Had he found out? Did he know? I felt so sure Vincent would just kill me for the truths I'd kept hidden that it shocked me still. And that was when I picked up the second scent.

It stunk.

The only way I could describe it was akin to the smell of the morgue when I'd been investigating a suspicious death. That was what it smelled like - death.

Fear aside, I crawled closer, letting my nose guide the way and listening for all I was worth. Words started to filter through and I frowned at the sound of a girl's voice, and then raised my hand over my mouth when what was being said started to register.

No wonder Vincent hadn't noticed what was going on in the forest when he apparently had his own problems to deal with! But business with a.. a vampire? I'd never met one before but even the most rookie wolf knew they were our deadliest enemies. The scent of death which I assumed to be the horrid vampire suddenly disappeared, and I slowly stood up in preparation to teleport, keeping my eyes on Vincent the entire time.

Seconds later I was right in front of him, frowning up at his face. I felt angry that he was keeping this from everyone.. whatever this was, and let myself feel the the anger for once since being turning, the anger and betrayal. But as I glared up at him I also realised something else, or more remembered it through my intense emotions. He still deserved the chance to explain himself. Given what I'd been doing the past months and how that could seem to an onlooker, didn't I even more so owe him that? Whether I was angry or not I couldn't let my temper get the best of me, especially not when this seemed such a delicate, crucial moment. There were few situations I'd been in during my life where I knew what was going to happen could have serious repercussions, and this was going to be one of them.

So, that's a vampire? I started, sifting from one foot to the other and trying to figure out how to go with this interrogation. My glare softened and I unfolded my arms, abandoning any thought of manipulating what had happened out of Vincent, the way I'd been trained as a cop. I didn't need to be a cop, I needed to be a wolf, and I needed to be me. I know you're probably just going to tell me this is above my role and none of my business but Onyx.. please tell me that wasn't what it looked like. Because it had looked like my pack leader, my alpha, making a deal with a vampire.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:21 pm

I didn't have it on me. I wasn't that stupid. But I couldn't take my mind off of my guitar at home. Taped to the inside was the ring, and all I could imagine was her somehow finding a way inside, using her power of manipulation to coax Donna into an invitation. She was my enemy, and no doubt I felt she was reckless, but was she smart? She acted like she was, and fuck with however many years of life under her belt I wouldn't put it past her to look there first. Was the ring safe there? I needed to get it, I needed to have it on me, I wouldn't be able to even think straight without it in my hands.

My feet were getting ready to move, and the second she appeared I couldn't stop thinking about my fucking feet. How if I'd just started moving them sooner, maybe I could have escaped this, or avoided this. How if they'd left after I'd told Ursula the lie of what happened the first time, then maybe I wouldn't be staring down at Sthira wide eyed and stomach turning. My own body was betraying me, because the look on my face said it all. She'd caught me off guard, and pretending otherwise would only make things worse, wouldn't it?

She'd startled me, and I gripped my chest, wondering what I could do to buy myself some time, to think of a way to explain all of this away. How long had she been near? Long enough to know Ursula was a vampire but was there a way I could convince her otherwise? How many vampire encounters had she experienced? Could I pretend Ursula was something else? Human? Would it fly? Or the biggest question of all... How many lies would it take before I began losing track of them? How many lies would I need to keep piling on to keep this to myself? And even more curious, why was it I trusted Peyton with the information and no one else? When did I start fearing my own wolves so much that lies became the only way to cope? Had Peyton done anything to earn that trust? Maybe, but I couldn't deny that the wolf standing in front of me had also showed me nothing but honesty, even when I didn't want to hear it. Was that enough to earn my trust?

I had no answers. I had no lies. So I stayed silent for a moment, face blank as I tried to find the right kind of expression to communicate, since words weren't an option. But even as I thought about my expression, none worked. Without words, all of them would be read wrong, and for once, wrong wasn't right.

It's not. I wanted to sound confident, I wanted to sound strong, but the panic in my voice was uncontrollable. This was bad, and one word kept repeating itself over and over again in my mind. Fuck. I couldn't even be mad that she'd listened, I couldn't even be mad that her gift had gone from fucking cool to inconvenient. And I sure as hell couldn't even focus on what she was wearing, because there was no skin to distract me, to help me enter fantasy land for even a moment to gather my thoughts.

I moved over to a stump only a few feet away from her and sat down. Putting a few feet of distance between us wasn't going to fix this... I knew that, and that was exactly why my face fell into my hands, and my head turned upwards until my hands were over my mouth... Then one slid over to my jaw and rubbed my chin. The hourglass was filling, and fast. How much longer would silence be acceptable before I ran out of time to do the right thing?

Yes. I said quietly and avoided eye contact. She is... One of them. I couldn't even say it out loud, especially when my eyes met hers and I began to realize if I didn't start talking then the opportunity to do the right thing really would slip away. But it isn't what it looked like Sthira. I'm telling you the truth. It's... It's... It was what? A lie, a betrayal, a filthy scheme that I'd kept hidden from everyone for months? It didn't matter if she knew what I knew, it didn't change the fact that all of that was true, and all of that was exactly what most would focus on. Intent didn't matter in this world anymore.

How much did you hear? I immediately wanted to cringe at what I'd just asked. What did it matter how much she'd heard? She'd caught me red handed... Don't answer that, I- Starting was the hardest part, and I soon proved that to be true... She's a vampire, yeah. I finally said it. One that um... Works for an organization, not like a nets, but an actual political group, but a very powerful and ruthless one. I'm not her friend, I'm not her ally, we're not what you think we are. We're enemies, always will be. But... Was I finally going to say this to someone else? I couldn't help but hear Olympia in my head. ''Some would run, but some would stay and fight, if only I'd tell people the truth.'' I had to admit it, Sthira didn't seem the type to run. She was a detective, it was their job to run towards the enemy, not away from them.

And with that, the dam broke, and everything came out. And all I could do was hope Olympia was right. Maybe I didn't take much convincing, but maybe this load on my back was the kind of load that took many to carry, and I was exhausted...

Those weeks I was gone, right after you were turned... I left because something was happening to me. Maybe it was selfish to leave for myself, but I needed answers. I was having visions, they started as dreams but they were brutal, relentless even. I started seeing them when I was awake, and then I started blacking out all together and when I'd come to... It doesn't matter. All that matters is I needed to know why I was seeing them. I'm not a spiritual leader, I shouldn't be having visions. And for now, they've stopped, but I just needed to know what they meant. - But not even a day into my journey and I was captured by a group of vampires that work for the woman you just... Her. I was bound, tortured, and handed a flash drive before being sent on my way. None of it made sense, it still doesn't, but when I took the flash drive home I watched the videos on it. Videos of Odin conspiring with vampires, the same ones that captured me. The higher ups. They aren't even equivalent to me, Ghost, Pey... Caspian. They're higher than that in their hierarchy. They're at the top of the pyramid... Please believe me, I'm not betraying anyone.

I told her everything, I even backtracked and told her more than I'd told Arden, I just couldn't stop talking. I told her about Lilith, the possessions, the symbols I'd carved into my flesh and the horrible images I'd seen. The encounters with Peyton when I was filled with that uncontrollable rage. I told her about Odin, about how he was chummy with these vampires, how he was working for them in order to gain fame and devoted followers. I told her everything I knew, and when I was done speaking, I realized how quiet it was. It felt like hours had passed, and my voice was the only thing filling the silence. I felt terrified, angry, fucking sad and most of all, free.

Back to top Go down

Rohana Khan | Wolf; Spiritual Leader

Posted on Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:02 pm

I wavered at first, staring into Vincent's eyes pleadingly, hoping so much that he'd be truthful and yet honestly, I expected the opposite. His first words nearly cemented that feeling in my mind, but then he kept going. And going.

And going.

By the end of it I was certain I was in a state of shock. I'd moved closer after Vincent had moved away but stayed standing with my hand over my mouth, wide-eyed as Vincent had poured his figurative heart out, listening and hardly being able to believe what I was listening to. So much.. there was so much.

Silence settled around us in the forest when Vincent stopped speaking but for a few minutes longer I simply stared at him.

Then it was if life returned to my limbs and I started walking towards him, almost a run by the time I reached him. I placed one of my hands heavily on his shoulder, overrun with emotion, but paused. I stared down at him, wishing words would come. Instead, to my embarrassment, tears did.

I'm so sorry. I practically wailed, throwing myself on Vincent in a hug. I knew he might hate it and knew that my state wouldn't help him much but was so overwhelmed with emotion that I couldn't think straight. It didn't help that it was a time of the month when I was particularly more at slave to my emotions.

You've been dealing with this, all this time! I cried into his shoulder, shaking my head at my own stupidity. I'd been worrying about Sam for so long that I'd missed something so much more dire happening at the same time. When my pack needed me I was busy protecting someone who was a potential danger to them. What sort of a wolf was I? To only care about that when all this was happening, the hurt, the scars.. oh, Onyx. Oh, Onyx! I wallowed in self-pity just long enough to be embarrassing, my hands fisted in Vincent's raggedy t-shirt and my tears making his shoulder damp before my senses slowly returned.

I straightened up, sniffing loudly and perching on the edge of the tree stump next to Vincent, turning away to compose myself. This wasn't the time to be letting my emotions get away with me, not indefinitely. I needed to start helping. I didn't know how, but crying on Onyx's shoulder when he was the injured party definitely didn't seem to be help. I sniffed loudly, cleared my throat, and took in a deep breath with my eyes closed, feeling calm slowly cascade over me. When I opened my eyes again I felt miles away from the embarrassing emotional wreck I had been just seconds before. Physically it was as if I was an entirely different person.

I'm sorry. I said, tone a little stiff as I started talking to try and control the threatening waver to my vocal chords, I'm a little.. emotional at the moment. Hormonal was more like it but since getting over the initial shock I knew I'd be able to handle it, to control it more. I turned back to Vincent, clasping my small hands over his and looking at him with determination. I squeezed a little, hopefully what he'd take to be a comforting gesture. I can't even imagine what it's been like going through any of that, never mind all of it. And mostly on your own? I squeezed at his hands again, giving me time to think what to say, Thank you so much for telling me. I don't know what I can do, but I'll do anything to help. Anything. This runs deep, so deep... but there'll be a way out. If you don't have one already.. I'll help you think of one. I said, my gaze set with conviction. I had no idea if it was even possible but if there was, I would find the way.

From all the thoughts waging war in my mind after taking so much information in, one observation surfaced. She knew I was near. I said quietly, averting my gaze to the woodland around us as I spoke. After hearing what I was certain was truth from Vincent's mouth, the lies from the vampire's to try and trick me became obvious. Should we go somewhere safer, more private? I can take you wherever you want. Anywhere you want to go, anything you want to do. I remembered the last time he'd sought refuge at my apartment and smiled sadly, glancing up at Onyx, I don't imagine my mom's chai hot chocolate could help that much but.. I don't think it could hurt either? Even if the only way I could help was comfort in some fashion, I was sure Vincent needed it. He must have emotionally been a wreck and he wasn't exactly a man particularly in tune with his emotions anyway.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:23 pm

The silence reminded me of stage fright. Something I'd never had, but for once I finally knew what it felt like. I finally realized how loud the silence could be. The quiet was warm, I could feel my shirt tightening around my neck and all of the heat in my body was filling my head I was positive I was probably red as a fucking apple. I needed air, but my shallow breathing wasn't supplying me with enough. I was just waiting for all of them to appear, pointing their fingers and shouting. Maybe I'd deserve it if they did. I wasn't cut out for this shit, and it was time I started admitting that to myself. No pity parties, no lies, no secrets, no frustration, it's just the way it was. I wasn't meant to lead my life as an Alpha. And there was no denying it anymore.

I was fucking positive she was rushing towards me to knock me out. I froze, I absolutely fucking froze. But her hand was on my shoulder and... Wha-What? Was she crying? She was touching me, and she was crying. What the fuck do you do when a woman is touching you and crying? What the fuck was I supposed to do? This was more fucking awkward than trying to scold someone else's kids. I couldn't move, I couldn't speak, the only emotion I was putting out there was shock from my wide unblinking eyes. Sorry? Why was she sorry? For the hug? Fuck she should have been this was fucking weird.

I've been dealing with this all this time? Fuck that wasn't the point I was trying to get across. I was just trying to explain the vampire, explain the mess I'd made. i wasn't trying to make myself some pity case. And it only got worse, it was so beyond fucking dramatic she wasn't even real anymore. She was a cartoon character, a very, very emotional fucking cartoon character and I almost wanted to laugh. If for nothing else, then at least to take the focus off of the doom and gloom her reaction brought. I'd wanted her to hear me, yeah, and she did, but at this point I'd almost rather her accuse me of being a traitor than act like... Like this!

How much fluid could come out of her face? How much could she possibly have in there? When she let go things felt even more awkward, somehow. I still couldn't move, I was terrified to fucking breathe because I didn't know if exhaling air would carry laughter with it or rage. My shoulder was drenched in embarrassment. Fuck... What the flying fuck...

S-Stop saying that. I glared at the forest, at this point completely unwilling to look her in the eyes because Jesus Christ... What was I supposed to say next?  Yes, you are emotional as fuck now chill the hell out. Was I supposed to comfort her? I didn't know how to do that, I didn't know how to fucking do that so I just moved my hand over to give her a pat on the leg, but I wasn't looking at her so my hand just patted the stump we were sitting on. Which was good, because now that I thought about it, that was probably the wrong place to touch someone that wasn't... I don't know...

Fuck I wanted her to stop. I wanted her to stop talking. Yeah, okay, I appreciated the sentiment, I appreciated that she actually heard me but her reaction overpowered all of the good that could have come out of this. I couldn't stop thinking about what a weak person I was to her now. Because I'd been ''dealing with this all on my own''. Like shit I was still afuckinglive wasn't I? I'd done just fine, it wasn't some traumatic story that I was going to tell people some day to give them fucking inspiration. It was just life, life fucking sucked for everyone, fuck.

Finally, she said something I knew how to respond to, and I'd started speaking before she could even finish. It's not just about me. I'm fine, I'm still breathing, I'm still here for whatever reason. It's about all of us. I'm just a small piece of the puzzle. Wolves are going missing and I can guarantee you it has something to do with this fucking group of fangers. If I've endured this shit and I'm still here to talk about it, then what the hell are those missing wolves be enduring? And that could be any one of you. Any. Single. One of you could go missing, and fuck knows what kind of hell you'd be put through. That was the point... Or... Fuck I didn't even know what the point was anymore.

Yeah and... We better make them believe you're pissed about this. We better make them believe this conversation never happened, and your uh... Reaction... Never um... Happened. Because if she and her army of leeches believe anything else happened then we're screwed. Royally fucking screwed. I only hoped I was right. Why else would she say what she said before Sthira appeared? Yeah, I put the pieces together, I only hoped I had all of those pieces in the right fucking spot.

I finally managed to look at her, and I probably looked confused as fuck. Was she... Offering uh... No, but... She was crying maybe... Did women like to fuck after crying? I mean shit the image alone had me more fucking flaccid than a boy in Sunday school, but hell it wasn't like I couldn't look past it, and try to continue seeing her in the same light I always had. Which up until now, was a very strong and unfaltering light. And maybe very strong women weren't my type, but her sobbing into my shoulder was most definitely not a boner maker. Yet here I was, thinking she was offering to fuck me and oddly into it... You mean... I awkwardly rubbed the back of my neck and for once tonight, actually smiled, even if it was a crooked ass grin. Anything? I spoke at the same time she did, and once again, that uneasy and awkward silence filled the air...

Oh yeah that's what I meant too. I quickly stood up, and once afuckinggain I was unable to look her in her eyes. That's a good idea yeah, let's go with that or... Yeah, good idea.

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics