setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Closed] Morality

[Closed] Morality

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[Closed] Morality

Rohana Khan | Wolf; Spiritual Leader

Posted on Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:57 am

Thread Details

Police Department | Storming | After Dark

OOC Message
Thread takes place on 20th August 2015

When I moved to Index, I'd had no idea of the repercussions of my personal quest. How could I? How could I have even begun to guess that I'd be sitting in front of a missing persons report that I could have prevented?

The wind was roaring outside the office, whistling through a crack in one of the windows. A light flickered off and then back on and the windows rattled loudly with the next especially strong gust of wind. I hunched a little more over my desk, my slender fingers tightening around my pen when the wind roared again. Is this what it sounded like to his victims? Was this the last thing they heard before he...

I looked down at the report on the table below me, in a daze at first. And then I sat forward more and grabbed the paper, searching and taking in the print, greedily reading every word as if it was the first time I'd come across them when in fact I'd written that very report myself.

Leonardo Tronconi

D.O.B 07/07/1989

Reported missing on 17th August 2015

Mr Tronconi did not show up for work on Monday 17th August 2015 and has not been seen since. His vehicle is at his residence and it does not appear he has taken any belongings, including his mobile phone. There have been no sightings since his disappearance.

He was last seen on Sunday 18th August by his manager Ms. Mary-Ann Harper when he finished a shift at work.

The man was only twenty-six. Twenty-six. I swiped a stray strand of hair away from my face and hastily undid my bun when it only fell back, pulling all of my hair free and combing it through with my fingers. Twenty six - and how old were the countless other people who might have fallen victim to Sam?! The number of missing persons reports had very slightly risen with one common factor in nearly all of them - the missing persons last seen near or around the forest - but the number was deceptively small in comparison to the real problem. Whispers on the streets and from informants told of potentially many more missing but it was tricky to get a number. These people were homeless, down on their luck, addicts, criminals.. they either didn't have people to miss them and file a missing persons report, or were renowned for vanishing once every so often anyway. They weren't the type of people that the public cared about. They didn't make a selling sob story for the local newspapers. Most people only viewed them as a nuisance and a disturbance. And so nobody cared if they suddenly disappeared.

There was also little sympathy or compassion for the dead body that was found mauled in the woods. The unidentified victim had likely been homeless, or at least, nobody had claimed them and an ID was impossible given the state of the remains. The department had issued a warning of a wild animal in the forest and carried out a brief search but soon enough the story was forgotten. Nobody knew the real danger or the real body count. Not even I.

I stared down at the picture on my most recent missing persons report. No, I didn't know the real body count at all. I could only guess. The bodies I had disguised or hidden, the missing persons my gut told me were more like murder cases, I had no idea of the magnitude of what was going on and it frightened me. All I could think of were those wild eyes of Sam's - that also weren't Sam's that played on my conscience. Why hadn't he been stopped? By the other wolves - by a vampire - by the cops - by anyone?!

By me?

I closed the report in front of me and abruptly stood up, pushing my chair away. I walked over to a filing cabinet, unlocked and opened it and slotted the report into a folder. I'm sorry. I thought as I closed the drawer, trying to rid the man's picture from my mind. What good would sorry do him though? It wouldn't piece his broken, bloodied limbs back together or reunite his dead body with his soul.

I tapped my nails on the top of the filing cabinet. It had become a symbolic grave of sorts, or the nearest to a grave these victims might get. They deserved more. I should have been giving them more. I let out a sigh. One more week... One more week for me to try and solve this problem by myself and if I couldn't then I'd tell Vincent, or Peyton. One more week. I clung onto the hope that there could be some way to save Sam still, I just had to find it.

Quote Begin One more week.Quote End I said aloud for at least the eighth week in a row, and after one last look turned my back on the filing cabinet and walked out of the office.

#Closed #Solo

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics