setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private]Everyone's a Critic

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dahlia Harrison |

Posted on Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:57 pm

Thread Details

Bre's Bakery | Sunny and Humid | 1:00PM

OOC Message

Divorce. He wanted a fucking divorce. Fucking asshole playing it off like I was the good damn bad guy. Oh poor fuckin' veteran, acting like he's some high mighty shit fighting a war nobody fucking asked him to start. Playing it off like I was suppose to be some perfect little housewife. Fuck him. At least when I cheated I didn't need to pay some god damn whore at the cat house to do it. I swear to god when he came back for the court hearings I'd take a bloody chunk right out of him. If he thought he'd be so lucky to get out with half he was delusional. I'd fucking ruin him. Drags me out to the middle of no where and divorces me. Now I had to find a new fucking house too while this settled. Asshole refuses to pay the bills during his deployment with his stupid fucking name on the deed.

I needed something sweet; something filled with berries and covered in powdered sugar. I'd heard good thing about Bre's, nothing marvelous, but they mentioned her selection was impressive. I highly doubt that it would be on par with anything from Chicago, but I'd at least give this second rate shop a chance. I stepped foot in the shop and nearly puked at the colour choices. Juvenile... I walked slowly to the counter, some oily, pimple faced teen smiled brightly at me and I  ignored her. The girl was so far beneath me she shouldn't even be looking my way. I eyed up the treats on display. Tarts, nothing special. You'd think with the craze this place would offere glueten free. I'm trying to de-stress not gain 5 pounds... I muttered distastefully. What a fucking let down. Wast of my good damn energy just to walk here.

Back to top Go down

Re: [Private]Everyone's a Critic

Bre Somers |

Posted on Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:15 am

OOC Message
Outfit Hair is tied into a short, low ponytail with bangs secured behind a tightly tied headband.

1PM. Rush hour was almost here - people had started getting lunch, and it would take a little while before people would start arriving for dessert. Still, the bakery had a steady flow of customers already. Normally by this time Josh would be arriving to take up his shift alongside Sarah, but there was no sign of him, and no call explaining his absence either. This was a habit of his that I had warned him about multiple times before. I would have to fire him. I hated firing people.

I emerged from the kitchen to check if he had come in through the front door, but there was no sign of him. God damn it. It wouldn't have been fair to call anyone else at such short notice, but even Sarah with her sunshiney attitude couldn't deal with our busiest time on her own. I quickly surveyed the glass display cabinets. We had enough people in the kitchen to deal with the baking, and enough food in the cabinets to tide people over. I would work the tills, then. It would give my arms a rest from kneading, anyway.

After washing my hands and pinning my nametag to my apron I walked up to the closed till and faced a woman practically sneering at what was on display. She seemed to be muttering something about gluten and pounds. I could fill in the blanks. I had encountered many gluten snobs in my time working in bakeries.

I adopted a casual, friendly smile. Actually, ma'am, gluten doesn't affect you or your weight at all, unless you have Celiac disease. In fact, a lot of gluten-free foods actually have more sugar and carbs and less fibre than the food you'd normally eat,"  I informed, hoping I wasn't stepping over a line. I probably was, but I was a little bit pissed and when I was pissed, I didn't take any shit. But if you're sure you need something gluten-free, the labels are marked with this symbol, I picked up a label to show her. Unfortunately there's not a lot of choice for gluten-free stuff right now, but I'm working on it." Hopefully that promise would tide her over for now. She didn't seem to be in the best of moods, and I'd already stepped on her toes.

So, what can I get for you?

Back to top Go down

Re: [Private]Everyone's a Critic

Dahlia Harrison |

Posted on Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:02 pm

I wondered briefly if this bitch was kidding. Probably not, she looked about as bright as a dead bulb. 'Did I ask for your opinion? Nope!' What could I really expect from someone who worked in a bakery though. News flash, you were one step below a barista. Oh, how I wanted to knock this little girl back to whatever shitty little suburb she grew up in. I read the tag on her apron with intentions to report her to management for the sass. Wow... fucking super. I don't suppose this was a coincident that an employee would have the same name as the bakery. I was going to guess owner. Whatever. Chalk this shit hole to places I'd never spend money in ever again. Honestly, I'm thinking nothing. You can wipe the smile off your face, darling. I'm in no mood for it today. I had far better things to do and speak to this poor excuse for an owner. I was looking for something to eat before I call an attorney and go and saw all of the furniture in my husbands home in half. Probably not brilliant to bring this up. Not like she'd understand, miss prim and perfect was probably still a virgin too.

I sighed and eyed up the treats with the little symbols she pointed out. She was right about one thing, there wasn't a lot. Selection my ass. Who was the dumbass who pointed me to this place. I certainly wouldn't be taking their advice anymore. So appealing to look at frosting drizzled messes pieced together with someone I doubted even had a GED at the counter. You're an expert, what do you suggest? You do know what your baking tastes like, right? at this point I doubted there was anything that would be blowing me off my feet. I was hear though and the humidity outside was not glamorous for my hair and make up. 'Dazzle me, bitch...'.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics