setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private]Dead Beat Dining - Page 2

[Private]Dead Beat Dining

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Donna Chambers

Re: [Private]Dead Beat Dining

Donna Chambers |

Posted on Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:55 pm

This was just another thing that reinforced my sexuality. When a guy was just gross up front, it was just… gross. When a girl was gross up front, she was real, funny, and I was interested. Maybe it was a shitty double standard of mine, but I couldn’t help how I felt. This guy just seemed.. he just reminded me of some pillhead who took pills over food and just.. kinda skeezy. But I’d give him the benefit of the doubt because at least he was nice and if he was a true bum he would have asked me for money by now. At least that’s how the few I’d seen in Portland were.

I hear you. Salad I had for lunch was a joke. I kind of ignored the first bit, because he could be a modern day James Dean and it just wouldn’t work for me. I’d just have a dumb smile and nod, trying not to hurt his feelings. And thinking that some of my more straight-bi friends would be pissed for me not sending him their way. But that wasn’t my responsibility now was it? To divert any dude that hit on me to my straight friends for screening? Fuck all that.

Okay, Miss Galaxy is better, like… I dig that, best nickname I’ve ever had, if it’ll stick, I grinned. Detroit, huh? My drug hypothesis was looking more and more reasonable, but I knew better. I always tried to check myself when I made assumptions about people. I mean, I hated it when people did it to me, the least I could do was not be a hypocrite about it, right? Though, I still didn’t want him touching me. Funny thing, I’m an incredibly social person, but it’s a while before I’m cool with you getting in my fucking bubble. Then again, I was also reasonable enough not to be a bitch about it. I just hoped that people would have enough common sense to pick up on my ques.

I hail from Portland, then Seattle, but damn, the rent there is insane, and my work doesn’t exactly pay the bills there. My nose wrinkled as the smell of the dude’s food finally drifted into my nose. Um, bro, you uh… I think I’d send that back- But the instant I said it I realized, from the ferocity at which he was eating and his figure, that he was in no place to send back that meal - it was free. Oh, fuck. Fuck, this was that time when you had to decide whether to feed the starving puppy and have it keep coming back to your porch, or to be the cold asshole. But his next comment made my decision for me, even if he had no idea. No idea that he’d just found the button.

Not. Madonna. Not. Madonna. I couldn’t help it. My face tightened, and I lost any ability to smile, at least.. for a while. If you ever actually call me Madonna, your grated balls will be the next ingredient of that prison sludge. Okay, I’d said it, I’d gotten it out there, and I don’t know, I instantly felt better. Sorry, that’s just.. a tick of mine. Donna works just fine.

Back to top Go down

Zander Drike |

Posted on Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:46 am

Glad she at least thought that the my nickname was clever, really besides that she didn't seem very amused with my jokes. To each their own I suppose. Couldn't expect to tickle everyone's fancy. I spooned at the mushy bowl of garbage in front of me, so gross. Who even remotely thought this would be a bright idea? Someone needed serious mental help. When Donna suggested I send the goo back I coughed nervously. Not really a big deal. Food is food, ya'know? I put a full spoon in my mouth, grimacing at the taste. Can hardly qualify this is food. Man, what I wouldn't do for pizza. Maybe that would make a good sign? "Will suck dick for pizza". Couldn't really see it catching on though. I cleared my throat more than hoping to clear the suffocatingly awkward mood, wiping my mug with a napkin out of one of the bar's dispensers. Portland girl, eh? must breed 'em pretty rough there, don't think I'd be mentioning it though. Not exactly what the ladies liked to hear. Not to mention totally rude to say.

Ruh roh...tender spot there. Well monkey dicks, the fuck was I supposed to know that? I just met the chick. What was it with women and assuming I could read minds. Did I have a tattoo on my head that read 'Psycho Psychic'? Nope. At least, not the last time I checked. Riiiiight. I shifted my seat a little further away. I gotcha', avoid the M-word. I don't much fancy my full name... can't say I'd grate your balls into sludge if you called me by it, but I get where yer' comin' from I s'pose.

Taking a small drink of water I rubbed at the back of my neck. So much for making things less awkward... Ship had sailed. On a lighter, less testicular note, you got a Mr. Galaxy? Not to be like, super invasive and rude, and I know I'm no Casanova but most chicks either humour me or leave by this point. Totally get it if that one's too personal feel free to knock me down if I'm crossin' a line.

Back to top Go down

Donna Chambers

Donna Chambers |

Posted on Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:50 pm

So what the hell did I do with this? I’m not a charity case, but god when it’s right there in your face, how much of a dick does it make you if you don’t do a thing about it? The smell of that shit was really getting to me, and while I’d decided at first to forego my charitable side and be selfish (or really, in my own opinion, looking out for my own), I talked myself into doing something for the bastard because I didn’t want that stench in my nose. Hey, I said, catching the attention of the bartender. If you scrap that shit and get rid of the smell I’ll order him what I’m having. I’ll pay. The guy gave me a dirty look, or was it confused? The guy had kind of his own version of a resting bitch face, so he was hard to read. ”Sure you wanna feed the stray? He won’t leave you alone, you know.” You sure you want that slop running off your customers? Because if you don’t get rid of that shit I’m next. He nodded, shrugged, and turned around and sent my order back in the kitchen, and then removed the soup from in front of my new friend.

Yeah, sorry, man, it just makes me a little crazy. Got a lot more shit about it than I really should have. I had even thought about having my name legally changed, but really it wasn’t that big of a deal anymore. Most of the time, there was the dread of the first day of class with any new teacher. The whole roll call thing, oh my god. how did it turn into a twenty minute fucking thing with my name? Had they not had weird names before?

Must be this dude’s… kinda.. lucky day, right? I mean was he getting a date with me? No. Yes, he was hitting on a lesbian, but I wasn’t about to slap him in the face for it like so many of my friends would do. Shit, is he supposed to be psychic? Maybe I could at least let him down with a laugh.
I had a Mr. Galaxy, but I divorced him when I realized I was gay. And I took another sip, and with perfect timing my own taco salad was placed in front of me. ”Gonna be a bit more on the other one.”

I assume you wouldn’t be here if there was a… Miss Detroit? I took the ramekin with sour cream that came with the salad and began clopping it over top of my dish. Dude, weren’t taco salads just.. pretty? This one actually was, especially for pub food.

Back to top Go down

Zander Drike |

Posted on Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:40 pm

I felt kinda bad watching her nose crinkle. Girl was basically gaspin' for air. Not to say I was delighted with my "meal" either, but at least I was used to it. I was borderline considering just eating outside but it was getting kinda windy and I sort of wanted to avoid sitting in the rain if it started. watering the shit down wouldn't really improve the taste. I couldn't help but whipping my head in Donna's direction at her generosity. Shit, man, was she serious. I ignored Derrick's douchery in favour of waiting for Don' to state she was only joking or change her mind or something. When she didn't I rubbed the back of my head and fumbled awkwardly, Seriously, Donna, that's super awesome of you. If you, ah, need help with anything I can lend a hand. Serious, as bad as I look I'm not all about hand outs. She couldn't be serious, could she? Nobody was really this kind to me. I had to offer to do something for her. Didn't have many ways to pay her back but hey! the least I could do was offer. Maybe she needed a hand. Only made me feel twice as shitty for pissing her off, even if she was a little bi polar.

Ever full of surprises I could understand why the lack of response now. Lesbian. Should have guessed. Never had the radar for those things though, not that they were really any of my business to start with. Makes sense. I hear some people drag that shit out. Good on you for getting out. I took another small sip of my half full glass of water. My throat tightened when Donna asked about my martial status. I always got a bitter taste in my mouth thinking of Adrianna. The years I spent fighting, angry, and blaming myself for everything. I liked to think it wasn't my fault now. I wasn't perfect but least I had my morals. There almost was... I chuckled out awkwardly. Got one of those city hall weddings, but we divorced before the actual ceremony and shit, when I realized it just wasn't going to work out. Landed me here, but I'd rather be poor than drag her down with me. As sick as the woman made me I really wasn't one to speak ill of a lady. Even one like her. Wasn't my style, and I still wished her all the best. Wasn't like we were married-married anyways. Just a piece of paper, it ended before my idea of commitment happened. She wanted nothing to do with the ceremony but I at least wanted something to look back on. Tell the kids, ya'know. Not like she wanted any of those either. Shit. Really shouldn't be getting down on this shit.

Anyways... That's not important. Single and free as a bird now!

Back to top Go down

Donna Chambers

Donna Chambers |

Posted on Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:48 pm

There, no one could ever say I didn't do anything nice. Still, it wasn't all charity. Getting that smell out of my face, well it would have helped if I had money fallin' out of my ass. Could I get a charity discount? Um... Pay it forward, I guess? I thought about asking him how good he was at finding missing persons, but I really didn't want to bring up my woes or personal things, at least not right now. Maybe a little more alcohol would remedy that, but that wasn't the plan. Shit, for all I knew this guy would take advantage of my kindness and find out where I lived and just what I had good for the taking. (Which was really nothing other than the PC I used and microphone for my home work.) 

The sewer chowder removed and another taco salad now placed in front of the guy, I felt like my nose could move on. Hah! Well, I'm uh, not... well I mean I got caught. With yanno, a woman. But you know, I think that I was hoping to get caught. Sometimes actions speak louder than words? I shrugged. Yeah, no moral high horse for me, and I was sure buying dinner for a bum wasn't quite enough to make up for my misdoings. I'd been sorta mixing my salad, spreading the joy of the sour cream and salsa, and I chewed on the first beautiful bite while I thought about really how lucky I'd been. The ex and I weren't completely at odds with each other; as time began healing wounds, we were able to joke about old times, but the feeling of guilt never left me around him. Not only that act, but really lying to myself and him during our entire marriage. The insecurities it sparked in him, he never mentioned to me - but I heard the conversations with his friends. 

I guess when it rains, it pours, huh? Maybe tonight will be the start of a turn in another direction? Shit, did this town have a homeless shelter? Winter is coming, as the Starks would say, and shit got cold here. I thought to ask him where he was staying, if he'd said, I had already forgotten. But - hell I for sure wasn't going to offer for him to move in with me or anything. Listen, dude, single isn't a bad thing. I'm really diggin' it. Then again, I was getting plenty of tail. He, on the other hand, was probably fighting off lots of tail, from like.. wild animals.

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics