setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private]Dead Beat Dining

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Zander Drike |

Posted on Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:47 am

Thread Details

Benjamin's Pub | Cloudy & Cool | 3:00PM

OOC Message

Geez. Early September and it was already approaching ball shrinkage weather. I remember last year the things were still sagging all the way to November. Why was it so damn cool all of a sudden. Did not make sleeping on a park bench any more fun. Speaking of which...ow. My back had certainly seen better days. What even happened to Arturo? Maybe had we been able to work out the whole situation may actually have a bed... I wonder if that dude ever found his wife. I certainly hoped so, seemed to be just as rough as I was. I mean, i only moved from a few states up and I was down to nothing, can't imagine a whole freakin' country away from home base. Had to admit though... I vaguely missed Detroit with it's high crime rate, least I wouldn't be the only homeless dude there. Would it kill Index to have a fuckin' soup kitchen?

Ah well... At least the local pub owner took pity on me; not enough to give me a job but enough to feed my scruffy face. Man even snuck me a beer here and there. A real bro. I wondered some days if the free chicken tenders or day old bread and leftover soup of the day was worth the Washington experience... Maybe I was better off in Detroit. Living was certainly cheaper. Sure, I had an 80% chance of being shot but I came down here to take some risks right? What was it worth to go back for the same reason. Besides, maybe that wouldn't happen. Maybe I'd get murdered hitchhiking! That'd make the news right? 'Pretty Boy Roadkill' a pretty killer headline if you ask me. Ha ha.

No point being all cynical though. I was here for now and I may as well make the best of it. Day wasn't off to a terrible start, just needed some R n' R. I stepped foot in the Pub and the familiar ring of the bell on the door made me smile. I did like this place. Looked like Derrick was in today. Great guy, a little stern and douche-y but hey, he was a genuine dude under all the prick exterior. "Hey, Derrick. What's to eat?"

He frowned at me, "Can't you find a job, Zander? We aren't a food bank."

"Trying to, bruh. Not easy with so many options in town." I joked as he rolled his eyes and wrote some scribbly little notes on a paper before passing it back through the chef's little rabbit hole.

Back to top Go down

Donna Chambers

Re: [Private]Dead Beat Dining

Donna Chambers |

Posted on Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:59 pm

OOC Message

Most of the time I was that loser who went to work even when I was off. Honestly, I just sort of felt at home there, but tonight, I found myself missing my dude Logan. Wondering where the hell he was and why he didn’t even answer texts. Shit, I’d lost a lot of my old high school friends to overdose, Logan? No, that wasn’t like him. I felt like, I was at my par for loss of friends. He wasn’t allowed to be dead, but I always felt a pang of guilt when I thought about him. Why hadn’t I gone looking? I had no idea where to look, where to start, and his asshole cousin seemed to have his head up his ass about it.

So tonight wasn’t my typical party and forget kind of night. I was hungry, for one thing, and really for it to be Bar food, Bennigan’s taco salads were hella. That and a beer. Or two. Or three. Or, fuck, who am I kidding? Besides, why not keep the flavor Mexican? Tequila it is. I took a seat at the bar, which in general I hated, but I wasn’t going to go set at a table by myself. I got antsy, I got bored, and I had to talk. Alone just wasn’t my thing.

Hey, man, being a traitor tonight. Can I get a taco salad, and uh.. I don’t know know. Surprise me. Something with tequila. He nodded, just having passed an order to the chef, he simply shouted mine over along with it, then started on something and I was happy to see he wasn’t being shy with the cactus juice. So now it was time for me to sit back and do what people did at these places, meet new people. I turned to the guy beside me, smirking a little when I read his tee.

Cute tee. I haven’t found any proof of their existence, but they sure seem to shit all over me anyway.

Back to top Go down

Zander Drike |

Posted on Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:27 pm

Sitting in a bar alone at 3 in the afternoon, wish someone would take a picture and send it to Adrianna. Would probably tickle her pink to see. Why was it bad things happened to good people? I was fun; treated the hotties with respect. It's not like I'd managed to get balls deep with anyone at all yet. Why did god hate me, he was into the whole celibacy thing right. Frig man... I was getting hungry. Always grumpier when I'm hungry. And oh sweet, love of BALLS this place was smelling good. I should not be sitting so close to the kitchen. I hoped there was something good on my menu today.

I watched as some blue-haired bombshell plopped her round cheeks in the stool next to me. Kinda strong looking gal. Could prob's take me in an arm wrestle. Not that I arm wrestled chicks in bars sober... so long as I don't count that one tranny. Chick had boss arms, don't know why I figured that was a good idea with my physique. It wasn't just leg day I skipped; I said fuck it to working out and bought doritos instead. I had lost a bit of weight lately, starving in the park will do that to you, but maybe ladies were into the who pale, gangly, creep look.

I chuckled a bit when blue's clues started talking to me. "Ya' like that?" I asked, pulling the edges of my shirt down to show off more of the graphics. "Speaking of which, you're quite the 'Cute-tee' yourself. I'd go as far to say you're 'out of this world'." I laughed lamely to myself. Maybe puns weren't the best way to pick up chicks but, hell, nothing else had worked so far, so bring it on.

I readjusted my shirt so it wasn't hanging out of my jacket and pulled my hat off, shoving it in one of my pockets before ruffling my mess of hair. Was starting to heat up in here. Owener was already overcompensating for the small winds outside. "I swear I'm not as bad as my puns." I offered my hand for an old folgie handshake, "I'm Zander, by the way. And off the record this may be the first time I've actually remembered to introduce myself before getting painfully late into a conversation." had met some pretty killer characters in town and had overall been really shitty at giving my name. Was pretty creepy not to introduce myself. Only serial killers refused to give their names, man.

Back to top Go down

Donna Chambers

Donna Chambers |

Posted on Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:47 pm

So how long would I let him try before giving him the bad news? Maybe I could get a drink out of him first, maybe not. Didn’t ever hurt to try, right? Good, let’s just hope the next world has a little more to offer. Bad puns weren’t.. all that bad. Shit, I’d had to use my fair share of them while in character. But they always kind of made my skin crawl when they were pick-up lines. At least I was good at hiding it. Luckily, it wasn’t wrong before my first drink was placed in front of me. I nodded in appreciation to the bartender, and then raised the glass to my new acquaintance. Donna, and don’t worry, bad puns seem to be all the rage right now.

I pulled the drink back, my surprise tequila-oriented cocktail, and it wasn’t bad. I didn’t ask for the name, didn’t care. It was fruity, but definitely had its share of alcohol content, which was all that mattered. Don’t think I’ve seen you around. You from here? But I wondered myself, how long did you have to live at a place before you were actually from there? Shit, half the time I couldn’t even remember how long it had been since I’d arrived from Oregon, that day I saw Logan and Gio both at Walmart. Shit, I swear to God, once I find Logan his ass is grass for making me worry so much.

I forget to offer my name too, but sometimes people just replace it with the typical shit, that they think I haven’t heard four thousand times - Smirfette, Blue, whatever. Which is fine, just don’t think you’re being original, you know?

Back to top Go down

Zander Drike |

Posted on Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:29 pm

I nodded to Don', feeling a little awkward that I couldn't even afford a glass to return the gesture. I smiled goofily and chuckled, Let's hope so, 'cause that's all I got left. It workin' so far? I joked. I  tapped my fingers on the bar-top, stomach gurgling rudely. Sorry 'bout this guy. Been holding out, he's gettin' vocal. I joked, poking my concave stomach with a bone finger. Geez, how I longed for the past where a sirloin was at least on my monthly menu. And those burgers by the Canadian border... I'd kill for one of those puppies. Was not helping my stomach grumblies thinking about this though. I just hoped Derrick dished out the good eats. C'mon chicken tenders!

I twisted impatiently in my bar stool, letting it spin before catching myself as Don' asked me a question. From here? I wouldn't say 'from here' but I suppose three years was an awful long time. and like two of it on the street. Yeah... Ironic how I live in the city of poverty and make my share but the moment I move to the state that thrives on collecting tax dollars and the "American Dream" I'm living on the street. That was pretty fucked if you ask me. Detroit boy, actually. Lived here for something like three years, but not living too great. Kinda a mistake. Live 'n' learn ya'know. Got to meet some pretty stellar people though. Chalk you up there now, Miss. Galaxy. I nudged her shoulder playfully, as Derrick dropped some gross smelling slop in front of me. So much for chicken tender. Goodbye dreams, hello aging broccoli chowder... yuck. I cringed bitterly and thanked the bartender as politely as I could, grateful he at least paired it with a glass of water to shotgun this slop.

I took a gross slurp from my spun of pig feed and crinkled my face at the smell. Fair enough. I may just go with Donna in that case, don't wanna be unoriginal. Kinda like the name, like Madonna, right? Never was a huge fan but my ex used to enjoy her tunes. "Hung Up" was a'ight. I took a drink of water and gave up briefly on the mushy goo in my bowl. I hear ya' though. This used to be bright orange right before good ol' puberty.

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics