setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Have a cookie. - Page 2

[Private] Have a cookie.

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] Have a cookie.

Ruby Schaffer |

Posted on Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:04 pm

I glanced around at the various eateries in the food court, I've given up trying to avoid it... although I guess I don't really go to the mall that much. That was code for I don't get out much, and I wasn't even ashamed of that. I guess I wasn't going to straight up say that to Donna though. She seemed like the kind of person who actually, I don't know, did  stuff. I didn't know if she would judge my lack of social life, not that she seemed super judgmental, but I didn't really know how I personalities would click if, and I mean IF this went any further. I didn't even know if I WANTED it to go further. I didn't even know how to have a relationship. I didn't know if Donna even wanted an actual relationship. Hadn't she been buying a cake for her friend with benefits.

Come to think of it I wouldn't mind having a friend with benefits.

Sitting down didn't bring any of the things that I was afraid of. We were just casually sitting, although then Donna started asking me about myself. I didn't really know what to tell her. Like how much was too much? I guess I would just answer the questions that she asked and try not to tell any boring stories because it generally seemed like that was how it went when I tried to talk about myself. I'm a computer... hacker? I guess that's kind of a misnomer. Companies pay me to try and get past their internet security, or sometimes to improve it myself. And, sometimes I do some stuff on the side I guess. I paused, unsure if I had explained it clearly enough, and finally gave up and decided to redirect the conversation to her. What about you? I mean, I guess I don't really know a lot about you.

Back to top Go down

Donna Chambers

Donna Chambers |

Posted on Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:03 pm

I stuffed another bite of cookie in my mouth, trying to decide if my frequency of mall visits was often, and then I remembered.. the story. It wasn’t the last time I went to the mall, but it wasn’t all that long ago. I don’t.. think? I go to the mall all that much? I mean it’s not like I go just to hang out, but hell if I’m going to buy clothes at Walmart, you know? Oh, god, what if she did? I mean I wouldn’t judge, I just.. god they never fit me right. I started to tell my story before she could interject that she did, just in case. Oh, my god, though, a few months ago I was at the mall, like talking to my friend on the phone and some pillhead stole my purse. I swallowed the rest of my bite, then I remembered that really the rest of the story was almost just as interesting. Then some cute little preggo chick like.. sicked her french husband on the guy. I feel like I couldn’t make this shit up.

The last bit of what she said wasn’t lost on me, the whole.. stuff on the side, and I kinda smiled. I couldn’t say it now, my own closet was a little dirtier than hers. My little phone scams, that I only quit because it was getting easier to get caught. Morally? If you were dumb enough to get had by me, then you deserved it. At least that’s the way I felt about it anyway. Maybe that secret would come out after a lot more tequila or champagne. Not to sound uh.. ditzy, or whatever, but.. you’ve gotta be pretty damn smart for that. I’m impressed, Ruby. I smiled, rested my back against the back of the seat and folded my arms across my chest. She really had my attention, which was a good thing because I was really hoping not to finish my cookie.

Me, I’m not really that interesting. My main income is at Play, I’m a shot girl. Sounds lame, but the tips are good. Then there’s the other thing, the voice thing. The pay is so shit that really it’s more of a hobby. But uh, you know, I’m sure you’ve seen a few like web cartoons? I do some voice acting. No one big, like obviously no cartoons that are on TV, at least not yet, but I’m crossing my fingers. Damn, I thought what I did was cool, but I had a spark of jealousy at the idea that what she did actually did matter. Me? Yeah, I helped some poor sob drown their sorrows with tequila shots. Then I was forgotten.

Back to top Go down

Ruby Schaffer |

Posted on Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:13 pm

Would she think I was weird if I told her that I bought most of my clothes online? It was a hassle sometimes when I was trying to find the right size, but fitting rooms were so much worse. I usually just ordered the same thing in several sizes and then tried them on at home and returned them in store. The nice thing was that a lot of sites offered free shipping if you spent enough money, and purchasing duplicates of every item usually pushed the total over that limit.

Thankfully, before we could get into a deeper discussion about our shopping habits Donna segued straight into a crazy story that sounded like it came out of a movie or something. And did the french guy catch the thief? I asked, finding myself somewhat interested how things had turned out.

I shifted, a little bit uncomfortable at Donna's comment. This was another reason why I didn't like to talk about myself - it felt weird to just come out and say "yeah, I'm technically a genius." especially because then people expect you to act smart when most of my brains are only exhibited with computers or math or through some other geeky subject that would probably bore people to death anyway.

How did she not think she was interesting? I sat at home all day on the computer. It's not that I didn't like sitting at home on the computer, I just didn't think anyone else would find that very interesting. She was a shot girl (which wasn't really my thing but it seemed like it would be interesting) and also a voice actor. Oh yeah, I actually like those web cartoons. Just another geeky fact about me, but hopefully she wouldn't mind since she had actually taken part in the making of those cartoons.

Back to top Go down

Donna Chambers

Donna Chambers |

Posted on Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:29 pm

Yeah, he did. I mean sorta, he got my purse back but the guy got away. I broke off another icing-filled piece of cookie, wishing now that I'd gotten a drink to wash it down. But shit, what I needed was milk, right? I adjusted my back in the chair, trying to get a comfortable position. Mall chairs were not friendly with my back. I noticed that Ruby shifted as well, and I realized what I said might not have been the best thing. I didn't get that though, if I was a genius, I would totally own it. I think I'd rub it in peoples' faces, at least when they pissed me off. What's wrong, girl? Dude, own it. Shit, this isn't the fifties, don't be ashamed of being a smart cookie. Man, of course I regretted that after the fact, I felt like she was shy, and maybe anything I said could spook her. Damn, though, I kinda liked the challenge. 

Right? I have fun with them. Shit, you know the dream? My dream is to be on something by Pendleton Ward. Adventure Time or Bravest Warriors. That would be hella, man. I tore off another bite of cookie, kind of letting the fantasy bleed in of getting my big break. Dude, we need some milk, amirite?

Back to top Go down

Ruby Schaffer |

Posted on Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:20 am

That's good to hear, I said, nodding. Nothing crazy like that ever happened to me, although maybe it would if I came to the mall more. But shopping became so stressful when I came here alone. I wandered around stores, not really sure if I really liked anything and the lighting in the dressing room was so unflattering that I found it difficult to really like how anything looked on me. No, I was just going to stick to doing it online.

It's not because I'm a woman or that I think it's a bad thing, I'm just, uh, not very good with people and then when they find out it opens the door to more questions, and I don't know, it's can be kind of weird I guess. I could understand why Donna would own it - she had blue hair! She liked to stand out. That wasn't a bad thing, but it was one way (of many) that we were different. I wasn't really sure if our differences made us compatible or not.

It really does sound like an interesting job. I was coming to find that Donna was a colorful person. Colorful hair, colorful job. She was legitimately interesting and unique, and honestly I kind of liked that. Generally making friends was a chore for me, but finding new facets of her life and personality was kind of fascinating in a way that didn't make this whole thing as difficult as I had expected.

Milk sounds great, I said, milk was the perfect thing to balance out the sugary sweetness of the cookies.

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics