setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Have a cookie. - Page 3

[Private] Have a cookie.

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Donna Chambers

Re: [Private] Have a cookie.

Donna Chambers |

Posted on Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:48 am

I tried to understand it, but I couldn't, and I wasn't going to lie and pretend I did when I didn't. If you were smart, intelligent, any asset you had, damn, show it off. That kind of stuff is what set you apart from others. I didn't mean be cocky about it, but... Why hide it? Well, I'm sorry if my questions are um.. intrusive, but I really think you should let the world see a little more of yourself. I mean... I grinned, knowing I wouldn't mind seeing a little more of her in the way that could be taken, but it wasn't what I meant. I mean, you stand out in that way. Most of these people, I said, looking at the people passing by who just seemed so.. spoon-fed full of pop culture and had nothing more to offer the world than.. their celebration of the latest radio hit, aren't like.. half as smart as you are. Okay, early to say that, when I hadn't actually seen proof, but I believed her. She did kind of have the personality of someone really intelligent. Maybe that timidness was just the cost of the gift. 

It's cool, and sometimes harder than it looks. I mean, shit, it doesn't matter how you feel, you have to make sure your character feels how they're supposed to feel. And it's all in the voice. They don't get to see your facial expressions or movements. The way you say... I don't know.. hello, or some shit, can make or break a scene. I picked off a chunk completely full of chocolate icing. God, maybe it was too sweet, but really, I didn't think there was such a thing when I was eating this cookie. I chewed, swallowed, and grinned. Hello. Hello? Hell-oooOOOooo. The first in my nine year old boy voice, the second in my bubbly voice, and the third in... just a random female voice that wasn't really my own. See? Important.

Back to top Go down

Ruby Schaffer |

Posted on Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:56 am

I liked Donna but on this we were going to have to agree to disagree. I didn't like to talk about myself and I was fine with that. I didn't mind talking with her because she was interesting and I liked getting to know her, but there wasn't really any reason for me to broadcast this aspect of myself if I didn't want to. I didn't really know how to tell her that I didn't really care about those other people and didn't really want to socialize with them, at least not without sounding like a total asshole. Those people don't really need to know my brain capacity. I don't really want to talk to them and not knowing doesn't hurt them. Standing out just isn't that important to me. I didn't like to talk about myself and it made me uncomfortable for that very reason. It took effort to put thoughts into words and I wasn't willing to make that effort for everyone, but it was hard to explain that to someone who enjoyed it.

I nodded as she spoke, explaining the nuances of a seemingly simple job. I find it fascinating how complex even seemingly simple characters can be. I mean there's some shitty television, but there are cartoons with excellent plots and characters and some people fail to recognize how awesome they are. I said, and laughed as she switched between several voices to make her point.

Back to top Go down

Donna Chambers

Donna Chambers |

Posted on Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:05 pm

I felt a brief wave of guilt, but it was washed away quickly. I didn’t want to be one of those people who tried to push someone into being something different. And if I was to become her friend, and potentially friend with certain perks, I knew I couldn’t push her too hard. But on the other end of it, did she know this from experience? Did she know for a fact that she wanted to be a homebody and reclusive and all that shit? Could you ever really know that you didn’t want something when you’d never experienced it?

So does it matter that you stood out to me? It was hard for me to believe that there wasn’t a certain amount of depression or maybe low self esteem that was involved when it came to people who were anti-social. Nothing actually morally wrong with it; but I found that I always wanted to cuddle those people, and tell them that they were fucking awesome people and that it would be okay. Have you ever been out? You know? I mean, I can tell you’re not the most social person, and there’s like absolutely nothing wrong with that.. but I’d hate it for you if you simply just didn’t know what you were missing. I stopped, started to pick off another bite of cookie but I realized I wasn’t finished. I mean, trust me, I totally respect boundaries, I’d never try to drag you out to somewhere you weren’t comfortable with, or do something you weren’t comfortable with, but.. Just.. if you were ever curious about.. what it’s like to go paint the town red or something, you should call me.

Damn, I think I was losing this one though, I mean, I didn’t want her to think we were completely incompatible. It wasn’t completely unlike me to stay home once in awhile and veg out to a movie or something, and shit, winter was coming and that did make me at least a little reluctant to leave the comfort of my home. Wouldn’t hurt to have someone to cuddle with, right?

Dude, I find myself watching cartoons more than real shows anymore. I love… I mean it just really broadens the directions you can go, and shit.. some of them have a silly mask but they’re deep as fuck. Adventure Time, Futurama, hell even Rick and Morty have all made me fucking cry. Maybe I was emotional, but they knew how to twist the knife when you least expect it.

Back to top Go down

Ruby Schaffer |

Posted on Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:18 am

I was surprised when she argued with me. I mean most people were pretty put off when I told them that I didn't really... care about other people. Sure there were some like Donna who piqued my interest, but for the most part people bored me too much to go through the stress of trying to interact with them or the effort of trying to connect.

Look Donna, I like you. That's why I'm here, but the honest truth is that I just don't really like... people. It's usually more trouble than it's worth. I didn't sugarcoat it. I didn't try to sound like I wasn't an asshole. I wasn't trying to hurt other people, but that didn't mean I was going to be going out of my way to befriend anyone, her included, in the near future.

I tried to remember the last time I'd gone out, maybe college? I usually kept a few close friends around me, but they usually shared similar interests and respected and knew me well enough to let me be if I didn't want to go out. I hadn't really enjoyed college parties and usually opted out. I doubted now would be any different, but I stuck to giving Donna a noncommittal shrug.

I pretty much keep the TV on cartoons all the time, although half the time it's on I'm not actually watching. I watch a lot of internet cartoons because I spend more time on the computer than the TV, I explained. I popped the last bite of my cookie into my mouth and enjoyed its sugary sweetness on my tongue. I had a serious sweet-tooth and this was hitting the spot.

Back to top Go down

Donna Chambers

Donna Chambers |

Posted on Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:45 am

OOC Message
So, just wanna get out there that Dawn Speed is one of the most popular shows Donna works on and in the Index universe it's probably as popular as Strongbad.

Somehow I was ruining it, and I didn't understand. I'd complimented her, celebrated her in a kind of way, and it was all backfiring. And I couldn't tell if it made me want to work harder or give up. She almost seemed standoffish. And now was one of those times I didn't just wonder if I thought like a guy, I pretty much knew it because I found myself wondering if it was "that time" or how long it had been since she had gotten laid. I hated myself for letting those thoughts come up, to sound just like.. an asshole, but you couldn't stop what came to your mind; only what left your lips. Alright, let's just.. move on, right? That was strike one on my part. I'll devise a three strike rule, and if I strike out a third time - I'm out. I'm just walking away. I could do that, right? Walk away from a challenge?  I mean... shit, she just seemed so different than the girl at the other end of those texts who was more than ready to.. have fun. 

It took me longer than it should have really for me to even think about the idea that most of the people I met in that way I had met in clubs or.. because they were just as social as me. I still wanted to think that there was something bringing this girl down, making her sad, but I had to stop being a dick and assuming things. Even if I completely disagreed that people were more trouble than they were worth. God, what would my life be without the people in it? What did people do without their friends? Work? Eat? (okay, i'll give you that one), and sleep? Sleeping was cool, but.. and maybe it had something to do with the curvature of my spine, but the struggle to find a bed where I could find a bed where I could sleep for more than five-six hours without waking up all hunch-backed and shit was real and still had not ended. 

Sorry, I just.. I think you're really interesting, that's all. First half - a lie. I wasn't sorry. Second half - true. I still had loads of questions, but I had to know now was the time to stop. But I mean, did she have any friends? Did she ever hang out with people? Was she a complete hermit? I started to worry that progressing anything beyond this would just be... sex and nothing more. I need more than that. No, I didn't mean an exclusive relationship. I mean, someone I could share other shit with, too. Fuck, I had to stop being so negative and move on, right?

And then there was hope. Dude, that's awesome. You heard of Dawn Speed? It's kind of.. I mean it's not mainstream, at least not yet, but I do the voice of Queen Lily and also Gingerbot. Dawn Speed was great, it sounded fucked up as hell when you tried to describe it, but it was amazing. Basically, it was a cartoon about a space organization on another planet, who was basically spying on earth, trying to figure us out without letting us know they exist. And the shit they received from us just completely fucked up the view of earth. They thought all the sci-fi shows were real and shit, so there were just so many ways to go with it.

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics