setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Fixed Gaze

[Private] Fixed Gaze

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[Private] Fixed Gaze

Lenny Tronconi | Army of God; Hunter

Posted on Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:37 pm

Thread Details

Play | Dark, dry | 11pm

OOC Message
LGBT night at Play.Lenny wearing:

Sans watch, and wearing usual slip-on (no laces) engineer style boots.

It felt too long since I'd been to Play, the music loud and thudding, reverberating through my chest as soon as I'd slipped through the door. I shuffled along, taking it all in, or seeming to - but actually scanning the crowds. It was stupid. Obviously Helios wasn't going to be at a dance club, on a LGBT night especially of all nights. It was beyond obvious. But it didn't stop me checking the place twice before shuffling over to the bar.

The place was reasonably quiet and although at first I thought it would grate on my nerves, not proving such a big distraction as I'd hoped, I might not have been able to handle a full on night. I slipped onto a barstool, head down, gaze fixed on my hands as it had been the past few weeks. I couldn't shake the feeling that I'd done something wrong - but wasn't that because I had? I couldn't face looking at anything else. I knew that was the truth and yet I pushed those feelings down, refused to think of them, glaring down at my hands until it had all gone away and I didn't have to think of anything any more. I didn't have a choice. That was what I had to keep telling myself. I had no choice.

I looked up without wiping the glare off my face and was met with a disgruntled look from another guy next to me. My first instinct was fight, but as unimpressed as he looked, he just shook his head at me and pushed off from the bar. I watched over my shoulder, relieved he was gone, and turned back to the bar without really looking at who was there tending it. For once I felt like I wanted, needed a fight almost, rather than just ending up in one, but didn't have the energy to follow through if it had happened. Maybe it was best it hadn't.

Quote Begin Can I get a beer?Quote End I said to the presence I could feel in front of me, but anyone could easily think I was talking to my hands in my lap from the lack of eye contact elsewhere.

Back to top Go down

Donna Chambers

Re: [Private] Fixed Gaze

Donna Chambers |

Posted on Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:30 pm

OOC Message
Outfit. All the other shot girls are also wearing some variation of black shorts and white tanks. Hair

I was a pro at this, and the voice acting helped. I could come off as anyone I wanted to be, for whoever I wanted to be. Honestly, though, the LGBT nights were actually the most difficult. Which girls do I flirt with, which ones do I build up, and how do I sell the shots to the guys? But it was working out for me tonight. The girl with the Kim Kardashian makeup? Higher pitched voice, excited, and, Oh, my god! Your eyebrows are on fleek! Do you have a youtube channel? The more down to earth, less cakefaced barbies, I knew what they needed. I knew they weren’t used to the attention, which made the reward points for giving it so much more. Especially when they were gay. Basically, offer them the shot, just as usual, but make sure it’s obvious you’re checking them out. Make sure your smile is not only showing in your lips but also your eyes. After the exchange, give them a nickname, something unique. It almost guaranteed they’d come back to you.

But this guy with his head down low, he was a new challenge. Yeah, he was already at the bar, but I got the itch to see what I could do. Ted wouldn’t be too happy with me, shit, I’d be stealing tips right under his belt, but Ted was too busy watching the two (obviously experimenting) college girls while they “saw what happened”.

A beer? You look like you could use a little more than- Oh, shit though, this wasn’t just some random dude. This was Jesse’s ex. The guy I’d heard Jesse bitch about for like, a month. Oooh, hey, you. Small world.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:59 pm

Small world. My gaze finally snapped up and my mouth dropped open. Shit, it was Jesse's.. Jesse's... friend? Gay best friend? Bitching partner? I had no fucking idea other than they definitely knew each other and the girl was definitely in front of me. I executed a swift glance over my shoulder to check that Jesse himself wasn't hovering behind me and felt a great sense of relief that he wasn't. I turned back to the blue-haired chick. It felt like years since I'd met her. It only intensified the tired and old feeling aching through my body and bought on a craving for cookies when I thought of the bakery where we'd met, those cookies....

Quote Begin Uhh...Quote End My jaw stayed slack and I stared at her, or more correctly at her tits, and I struggled to remember her name. 'B'.. no, 'D', didn't it start with a 'D'? Quote Begin ...D.. Di-ana..Quote End I started slowly, frowning with uncertainty and licking at my dry lips before continuing, Quote Begin Diana. So I... I mean, uh... how are, um. Yeah. I... uh.... You work here?Quote End I attempted a little small, polite talk but it felt like torture. I hated it, it felt like unneeded and unnecessary work in between me and a beer but I couldn't help worrying what Jesse might have told her and exactly how much she might know, what she might think of me. We were in a professional setting and while I knew you couldn't just be shitty to your customers, I didn't want her to spit in my drink when her back was turned. Did bartenders even do that? I didn't know but I didn't want to give one cause for me to find out. If there was one thing I valued, it was alcohol. I just wanted a drink, needed a drink! I might have sold my soul for one at that point, if I felt like I had a soul left to part with.

And anyway, what did she mean, I looked like I could 'use more than a beer?' The words were on the tip of my tongue but instead of speaking them, I let out a loud groan instead as the truthfulness of the statement resounded within me. Fuck, yes, did I feel I needed more than a beer. I wiped a hand down the side of my face, my skin feeling rough with stubble and as if it was covered with a sheen of tired-induced grubbiness, and squinted up at my hopefully provider of alcohol. Quote Begin Fuck. Yeah, I feel like I need more than a beer. Shit, I..Quote End My eyes scanned the bar and I frowned at a few bottles, unable to make a choice. I blew out a puff of air in a miserable sigh and my frown set in further. Quote Begin I dunno. Fuck it, I just want a drink. I don't care what the fuck it is, just something... strong. And that doesn't taste of shit. Or is fucking expensive. I dunno, just.. a drink.Quote End I leaned my elbows on the bar, my gaze set on the Diana instead of my hands, a simple you can do that, right? communicated in my eyes and my body language. I didn't even care if she turned out to be Jesse's stupidest best friend and knew every little dirty secret about me. I felt so desperate I'd have put up with Jesse himself momentarily if I might get a drink out of it.

Back to top Go down

Donna Chambers

Donna Chambers |

Posted on Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:00 pm

It didn’t shock me that he didn’t know my name. It wasn’t that Jesse had made Lenny seem… well like he wasn’t the brightest crayon in the box. (Most of the insults came after the breakup.) But I honestly doubt Jesse even talked about me that much, and he kinda seemed to say that Lenny wasn’t.. Shit I don’t know. Either way, I didn’t expect to be of any importance in their relationship. Donna, but it’s not important. And I meant it, or at least that I wasn’t offended. The dude seemed bummed, and… I felt sorry for the guy. I couldn’t even remember who had broken up with who, but Jesse was... Jesse. The nice word for it was enthusiasm. The other word was obsession. Jesse, at least lately, seemed to bounce between the two. So anyone that had dated him, had a bit to contend with afterward, at least for a little while.

It’s all good. I can hook you up. First one will be on me. But just the first. I’m not a charity. I disappeared behind the bar, and really it wasn’t a bad thing. I was training to bartend, because on the right night the bartenders came home with loads of cash, undeclared, and even got decent pay on their hourly. It wasn’t easy work, but man did it pay for a non-degree job.

”Don, try not to steal all my people tonight, would ya?”
Nah, this one’s just a friend, down on his luck. I need something strong. I’m thinking jungle juice, heavy on.. everything.
”Only for you, and only this once. But go back out there. I’ll take care of it, sit down a minute. You haven’t even taken one break and Cassidy’s taken like, eight smoke breaks.”
Josh was honestly a fantastic bartender/shift leader, whatever. He filled a lot of rolls, and was nice to me without any need in return. (He didn’t want in my pants, I didn’t have the right parts.)
Fine, fine, but I gotta learn sometime.

I almost skipped back around the bar and took a seat beside Lenny. Trust me, Jesse didn’t let me forget the name. One of the reasons I hadn’t been talking to him as much. Josh has you covered. Listen, I know we never really… got to know each other or anything, but I don’t want you to think we’ve got any bad blood. I could be smothering the dude, but shit if he wanted to be alone, he’d be at home with a bottle of Jack, right? Why go out if you don’t want company?

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:49 pm

Quote Begin Shit, sorry...Quote End Donna, not Diana - but it was close enough, wasn't it? And seeing as she didn't care I didn't need to get defensive about it either. I brightened up a little, my slump lessening ever so slightly.

Then she mentioned a free drink and I practically lit up. Quote Begin Fuck, seriously?Quote End I watched Donna as she skipped round the bar in happy disbelief and then looked from her to the drink some guy put in front of me, too surprised to take it in properly at first. I reached forward and took a sip of the drink, leaning down to the glass rather than lifting it up to my lips. My eyes widened at the unexpected but nice flavour and I watched Donna from my unusual position before sitting back up and once again half-draping myself across the bar.

Quote Begin Bad blood? Shit.. fuck, I don't even get what happened between me and Jesse or whatever, so.. whatever. I dunno. I don't hate you or shit if that's what you mean. I've just had.. the worst fucking day at work ever, double shift and shit, and I just want to get drunk and forget about it.Quote End I huffed. I sat up straighter, suddenly through with feeling down about things. Who cared if I had no money? Who cared if I'd taken some out of the till at work gradually to pay some bills? I didn't any more and I wasn't going to get down over it. Fuck work. Fuck feeling guilty. Fuck everything. The obvious answer was drinking and feeling good. Fuck bank balances too.

I grabbed the glass in front of me and downed it, chugging the liquid until it was completely gone and all I could see were the lights of the club reflected through and bouncing off the glass. It might have been a waste of a drink that actually didn't taste too bad but I was beyond caring. The only thing I'd decided to care about was getting drunk. It felt like too long since I had. I didn't know why it had been that long, but didn't waste another second's thought on it, instead pushing that, along with the list of other strange, nonsensical feelings I'd had the past few days, out of my mind.

Quote Begin Hey, you're a shot girl, right? Let's do shots!Quote End I grinned wildly at Donna, determined to get pumped. Her appearance was definitely making me feel something and I struggled to try and remember what, if anything, Jesse had said about her. Quote Begin So...Quote End I squinted, my eyes narrowing as I thought. She was working in a club on a gay night and she also knew Jesse. Quote Begin You're gay? Must be pretty fucking cool working here.Quote End Even if it was a waste of her appealing tits from my point of view, from hers her job must be awesome. Going to work and getting to see who was hot, who was not, free drinks, getting chatted up on the job and obviously - the eye candy all night had to be a highlight. Quote Begin I wish I worked in a club.Quote End I sighed, rolling my empty glass from side to side in my hand.

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics