setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Blank Spaces

[Private] Blank Spaces

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[Private] Blank Spaces

Ebony Reed |

Posted on Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:28 pm

Thread Details

Park | Clear with a slight breeze| 11PM

OOC Message
Outfit, shoes

It didn’t take me long after I had been released from the hospital to convince my old boss to get my job back. I guess you can play up the whole ‘I’m sorry I missed work for two year because I was kidnapped, it wasn’t my fault I swear’ card and get your job back. Of course I was under a probationary period again, and I couldn’t blame them. From what I could remember my attendance to work was rather…spotty. Either way, I at least had a job again. I even still had a house oddly enough, someone had been making payments on. Which puzzled the shit out of me just as much as the entire two years I had been missing out of my life. I just hoped that if I got back on track that I would eventually regain some of that back. Even if I hadn’t been here in the town, something had to spark my memory eventually right?

I had never heard of someone just forgetting two years, and still remember everything after that. The marks on my arms had faded except for where they had placed the IV in my hand. Which left a nasty deep black and blue bruise, but I could survive. Pushing my hair from my face a slight chill ran down my back as a small breeze rolled through the park. Being outside gave me some form of comfort. Enclosed spaces, even my own home, bothered me if I was cooped up in there for too long.  Biting my lip a small sigh slipped between my lips as I spotted a bench alongside the path I had decided to take. Taking my phone from my bag I shoved earphones in it and scrolled through my music.

Closing my eyes briefly I continued to gnaw at my lip as Melanie Martinez filled my ears blocking out the silence that I was engulfed in. Sometimes I feared my own thoughts, but I wanted to know what happened. Was I awake for those two years? Was I really taken….did I have any actual friends here still? Lindsey avoided me like the plague like I was a walking corpse from that Walking Dead show everyone seems to be raving about. I suppose again…I should wait, and maybe time would actually reveal what happened. Or maybe I just wasn’t meant to know what happened….

Back to top Go down

Ben

Re: [Private] Blank Spaces

Benjamin Reese | Vampire; Infant

Posted on Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:43 pm

OOC Message
Outfit, without the sunnies and weird pout.

Once in a while I still thought about Felicity. Never missed her, and really, I could never make myself feel bad for killing her. Me killing her, and how I felt about it gave me hope that I was going to be able to stomach this after all. I was still shocked that I’d gotten by with it, even though I shouldn’t have been. It’s not like Index PD was top of the line, and if the easiest signs pointed toward suicide, they happily took the bait. Less work, right? They could go back to passing out their quota of speeding tickets and turning a blind eye to her death along with the “mysterious” deaths of the forgotten trash in the alleys.

So what did that mean for me? What about Sof? Did I really care what I did to her? Was our bond why I felt protective of her? Why the hell did I care that I’d been the second monster to rip apart her body and her life? If I would have just had her for dinner and let her die, would she have just been a good memory? Instead of the latest split between Noelle and I? I knew, as I walked through the park, figuring out my next meal and somewhat grateful that I had a reason to stop “bottom-feeding” as I had been doing, I knew I had a lot of shit to clean up in my life, but it wasn’t impossible. I wasn’t just going to run away from it all. Maybe Gayle was the solution, after all, as much as I hated it, but what was her price? The night in the bible thumper basement wasn’t the last time I’d seen her. She made herself constantly available, with basic claims that if I would stand by her side, I’d have Noelle, and my father and his what the fuck ever group wouldn’t be a threat. But the bitch was twisted, it was obvious, and I was sure for people like her, nothing came for free.

I stopped, seeing someone out, someone alone, in the dark. More bait? No witnesses, no apparent threat, and I was hungry. And even if she was bait, I’d be more aware now, I’d know to watch for.. something. I stepped closer, thinking this time, I would talk to this woman first, listen to her heart, and remember that fear was good, for now. Thumbs in my pockets, I began a slow approach… until I saw the face.

I was far enough that she couldn’t have recognized me, not with human eyes, but I remembered her face very well. Fuck, fuck, fuck. Ebony Reed. No kid with her, but that didn’t mean anything. Being a dad was definitely not in the game plan for this new life. I wasn’t going to hide, I’d wanted to know just where the hell she’d disappeared to now, and I needed to know for sure, did I have spawn running around this world somewhere? One thing, I wasn’t going to bullshit with her, I wasn’t going to dick around with giving her hints about what I was. All caution had dropped, and I appeared beside her on the bench. I didn’t look at her, I just spoke as if I was a stranger making small talk.

Nice night, but kind of an odd time to be about by yourself, no?

Back to top Go down

Ebony Reed |

Posted on Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:49 pm

There was something about this song that just…it somewhat reminded me of my life. I had felt like either the cat…or the mouse in some instances. Most of the time it was the cat, I always chased whatever it was that I wanted. I had a habit of making sure I always got what I wanted. Whether it was a new top, to a man, to a new pair of shoes. I was very very inclined on making sure that I was in pristine shape, and I always looked good. Least, that was then, and this was now. I did still have some of those quirks that I noticed. Although I must have at one point in the past two years let myself go for a little bit. It was till I got out of the shower before coming out here for my walk that there were very fine lines on my stomach. Stretch marks, very shallow, and very faint, but they were there. Either I got fat or…something else? But that wouldn’t make sense either.

Sighing briefly I got the sudden feeling my space was being invaded and I quickly yanked one of the earphones from my ears only catching a brief portion of what had been said. The voice itself sounded vaguely familiar and I couldn’t help but raise an eyebrow a little and clear my throat. What’s so wrong with being out this late. It’s not that late. It wasn’t even midnight, and for who I use to be it would be way to early to turn in anyways. Plus, I can take care of myself. I huffed in annoyance. Seriously who the hell did this guy think he was? Unless he was some psychopath killer, but he didn't seem all that...bad from the way he was dressed. I suppose looks could be deceiving can’t that? 

Adjusting a little I turned, yanking the other earphone from my ear and turning off the music before shoving my phone back into my purse. Leaning forward a little bit I was curious if it was just the voice I knew or if I actually knew who this person was. It wasn’t till I realized just whom it was from the hair color, the way he dressed, to the slightly cockiness he always gave off. Seeing him fired all sorts of memories behind my eyes. A wave of confusion rolled from my body and I shook my head once again. Ben? Never had I thought that I would run back into him so soon. I had heard talk from what brief time I had spent in the hospital. He had been off his game and a bit of an odd one. Either way…a memory begged to come forward, it resembled that of an itch that wanted to be scratched, and yet no matter how much I thought the memory wouldn’t come forward.

Back to top Go down

Ben

Benjamin Reese | Vampire; Infant

Posted on Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:29 pm

Times like this envied both Noelle and Gayle; I envied their presence. Maybe it was the fact that I knew, I could sense what they were, but really I knew it was more than that. A genuine smile could elicit fear. It was the fucking skill of a real bitch, honestly. Did it make my dick hard? Yeah, sure. So what did it do to women? (As if I needed any more in my life right now.) But here she was, and it was clear I needed a new approach. Noelle was supposed to be my teacher, right? And she’d wanted me to get rid of everything that ring had symbolized. Was that what I needed to do?

Can you, Ebony? Before I’d even finished the question I realized I was licking my lips. I was hungry. Would it make Noelle proud? If I fed and tore apart someone from my past? Someone who meant something to me? Someone who… fuck.. could be the mother of my child? Did I want to make Noelle proud? Yes, but fuck me, that had to be the bond. I hated the sheer amount of disappointment I always felt when it came to her.

Oh, good. You remember me, my tone was biting, snippy, but… not angry. So, what’s up? Where have you been? Where do you keep going and… I paused, dramatic effect, whatever. Do I have a spawn running around somewhere? Or did you fix that problem?

Back to top Go down

Ebony Reed |

Posted on Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:33 pm

What the hell did he mean can I? I raised my eyebrow watching him lick his lips as if he had eaten some fine barbeque. Or was thinking of it…Maybe he was really a tad on the odd side now. I had heard he was off his game lately, skipped out on traumas, only worked at night, and left early as well. That wasn’t like the Ben that I had once known and cared about. What happened to him over the few years I that I had been gone? And why the hell did I even care what the fuck had happened to him at all? I should only care what had happened to me. Good fucking hell…

Before I could even further reply it was as if he had a mouth full and vomited the massive amounts of questions that poured from his mouth. Especially the last question that fell from his lips after his slight pause. First off Ben, what the fuck crawled up your ass and died? I knew his cocky attitude all to well, and you would have thought that maybe I would have been use to it? But I felt off as well, and things got to me more than what I was used to. And I… I bite my lip harder than I should have and the slight taste of iron filled my mouth. This was classic, you would have thought that I would have woven the perfect story to explain my disappearance, but I hadn’t even thought of it. Now I really wish I would have. Anything sounded better than…I don’t know, or I’m not going to tell you. Should I just dodge the question?

Taking in a sharp deep breath I just shook my head brushing off the questions he had asked me. All expect for the…spawn part. My hand indistinctively went to my stomach and my eyebrows creased together. A spawn? Do you mean a child…and did I fix what problem? The pure confusion seeped into every single word I had spoke in that statement. I had no idea what he was talking about. Yet, again a memory kept tugging at me and I wanted to badly to know what it was. I just remember seeing him…I don’t remember what even last spoke of. What did we last talk about? My thoughts escaped from my mind and out of my mouth before I could double think what I even wanted to say. Well shit…wasn’t this just perfect.

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics