setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Painfully Cheap - Page 2

[Private] Painfully Cheap

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] Painfully Cheap

Sofia Rin | Human; Citizen

Posted on Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:30 pm

I blinked at her words, unsure if I had misheard her, but knew I heard her loud and clear. Excuse me? I glared at her and folded my arms across my chest, a hint of annoyance in my tone. Who does this woman think she is? I don't lightly to anyone speaking down to me, especially hypocritical women. Last time I checked it wasn't a crime for a woman to dress confidently. I mean, just take a look in the mirror. I scoffed. You're one to talk, darling. She's wearing the lowest v-neck I have ever seen, and all I see is her skin through that lace. I just don't understand her sudden outburst of rudeness. I haven't known this woman for what, five minutes? And she's already insulted me. Sure I can say she's kind of ruined my night. But this is still my night, and I'm not about to let anyone ruin it for me.

And what might that be? Because I'm drawing up a blank on what we could possibly have in common. I would just love to hear this. It's definitely not our style in fashion, she's made that abundantly clear. I'm not rude when I first meet someone. I don't see us hanging out with the same people. So I am all ears to hear what she has to say. I hold my hand up and scoffed under my breath. Is she being serious right now. I'll definitely pass. But I'm sure you can find someone to satisfy your desires in this fine establishment. Or you can always check with the ladies of the night. I'm almost positive they'll give you exactly what you want.  I return the smile.

Curse my kindness. I would much rather there be a gash on her arm and oh, how unfortunate, her somewhat of a dress is ruined. But without a doubt a girl like this has a closet full of sheer lace dresses. As I stared right back at her, I was mentally rolling my eyes. However things took a slight turn when she flashed her fangs at me. Are you seriously kidding me right now? Can I not go one evening without a freaking vampire hanging over my neck.  Great. Another one. I muttered under my breath before taking a sip from my drink. 

Well this night is not turning out how I expected. Not one bit.

Back to top Go down

Noelle Faye Benson | Vampire; Infant

Posted on Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:50 pm

I had clearly insulted her, which was just a bonus, because it was most definitely not my intent. I think you've mistaken me. I didn't mean that as an insult, I meant you're dressed nicely, thus someone is going to want to take you home. But that is irrelevant. There was still time to salvage the situation. I didn't want to be nice to her, I most definitely wanted to claw her eyes out and drain her blood into elegantly labeled wine bottles for Benjamin to drink later, but what I wanted, and what I was intending to do were two completely different things. The main thing about me was, I didn't need to be catty to make a point that I was better. That was just tacky, no, I usually let the other women let their jealous behavior speak for itself. It made them look awful, and me fabulous in contrast. However this was a perk, she was clearly threatened, which meant her own insecurities had done the work for me. It was just too bad my dearest Benjamin wasn't here to witness it.

Her frustrations were apparent, and I didn't lose poise once. My expression didn't falter. Oh I'm sure we have plenty in common love. But we have the entire night to figure that out don't we? I smiled as sweetly as I possibly could and motioned for the bartender to fix me another drink. She may have thought she was getting out of this, but I wasn't finished with her yet.

I pressed my finger tips against my chest and my expression finally changed to one of shock. Oh dear, I believe you've mistaken me again. I'm most definitely not hitting on you. I giggled, I mean, you are a very attractive woman, but that was most definitely not what I was after. She just told me to pay a hooker, which was hilarious. Did I look the type to slum? Most definitely not. If I wanted a man or woman, I could have them, well... all but one; And I sure as hell wouldn't want one lacking class or charm.

Another one? It was apparent she didn't know much about my kind. I could hear the blood pumping through her veins, so there was no way I was going to miss the comment either. I can assure you my dear, there is none other like me. I grinned as the server placed my drink onto the table. Can we can another for the lady as well? You can put it on my bill. The server nodded and I grinned before turning back to look at my company. That necklace is unique. The kind of item that surely comes with a story. Would you mind sharing? Would she lie? Make up some elaborate story to go with the necklace around her neck? Or would she tell the truth? That was the fun part, discovering which path she'd take.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:09 pm

I could slowly feel my dignity being compacted down every time she spoke. Is it possible for the way someone speaks to make you feel so weak? At this point, I don't know whether to stand my ground on what little ground I have left, or just surrender because she was clearly not going to back down. I better start waving my little white flag. 

I was still drawing a blank on what we might have in common. She seems pretty confident that we do indeed have something common. So I guess I will just have to sit back and wait. I picked up my glass and brought the edge to my lips, taking a larger drink this time than my previous ones. 

Okay, can I just please excuse myself at this time and go crawl under a rock. Part of me is convinced that whoever spoke those words to her earlier, was not me. Was it her? She hasn't made an appearance in quite some time. Does she bring the bitch out of me? I would much rather that she just goes away. Because trying to pick a fight with a vampire was not on my agenda tonight. Or on any agenda in matter of fact. 

I don't know what part of my brain thought trying to outsmart or outwit a vampire was going to be a good idea. Because the one that sat before me, was quick on her feet. I thought by giving her a taste of her own medicene would I don't know, make me feel better? Yet it made me feel the complete opposite. Thank goodness there is no one as rude as you, I thought. Note to self, don't say everything that was on your mind. So from this point on, if you want to grumble about her, do it in your head. I meant like, you know. Another, I paused and leaned forward a bit, I used my hand to shield my lips from the others in the lounge and mouthed 'vampire' to her, then I played it off by acting I needed to scratch my nose. How much more damage could I do to myself? My main concern was I didn't want some someone to overhear me, since I also know very well that eavesdropping is a thing. But I probably looked like the biggest dork just now. My self-conscious is currently bashing her head against a brick wall.

Wait, no, you really don't have to do that. But the waiter was already gone, and I don't see him going against her order. I slump back in my chair and take another sip from my current drink, I might as well just start trotting along. Um. Thank you. A small smile appears on my face, although this smile does not reach my eyes. I felt defeated and that I've been stomped on a herd of wildebeests.

Why would she possibly care about Ben's necklace? She seems completely mesmerized by it. I rubbed the ring between my fingers as I tried to unscramble my thoughts. Well. My, um, my friend, gave it to me. I spoke softly now. Thinking of Ben gave me comfort, comfort I so desperately desired right now. He woke up on the side of a river. And he didn't know what was real and what wasn't. He kept telling himself that he should be dead, that he should not be alive right now. But then he discovered what he was. A vampire. I sighed calm, a pure smile is now appearing on my face, but this time it reaches my eyes.

Back to top Go down

Noelle Faye Benson | Vampire; Infant

Posted on Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:44 pm

I raised a brow at the way she mouthed the word. As if she was a child using profanities, but trying to shield them from her parents. Had I not already hated her, I might have thought it endearing. But the fact of the matter was, I did hate her. I hated everything she represented, everything she wore, everything she said, I even hated the way she looked, even if her appearance was aesthetically appealing, to me she was nothing but the flea on the hairy ass of a mangy mutt. But I had to admit, she had just surprised me. Had Benjamin not told his pet about this place? If he cared for her enough to let her wear that necklace, then why hadn't he warned her of this place? Why hadn't he told her to stay away? Oh I was absolutely certain the answer to that question was going to be very interesting. Oh, of course that's what you meant. I smiled, pretending I had only just realized what she was speaking of. Yes, indeed I am. But you have nothing to fear, I had a rather delicious lawyer for lunch. I'm still quite full. Until I wasn't anymore... A snack was sounding more and more appealing as time went on, actually.

I swatted my hand in her direction and grinned, Don't worry about it gorgeous. When you're like me, money comes easy. Now purity, that is something rarer than gold. In a way, you could even say that is a vampires currency. And darling, you are as pure as it gets. I paused for a moment before laughing. But again, you have nothing to fear. I rather enjoy your company, and you have met me on a very good night. I have no intention of selling you, or letting anyone else for that matter.

I listened intently as she described where the necklace had come from. I didn't need confirmation. I knew it was Benjamin's, without a doubt. But I wanted to hear it from her lips. That is a very intriguing story. I took a sip from my glass and placed it back onto the table. And this friend of yours, you really have no intention of meeting them here tonight? Such a shame, I always enjoy hearing where my kind comes from. Even if they accidentally leave a big part of their stories out, me.

''My, my Ms. Benson, what do we have here?'' The voice came from behind me, and when the man appeared beside my lady friend in a blur of speed he pressed his nose against her neck and took in a deep breath. Inside, I was practically dancing with joy, but in any other situation I would be disgusted at his presence. He was tall, lanky, blonde hair and deep set eyes. The very man I thought would be mine forever, but alas he grew to bore me. On the plus side, he was rather interested in my company, I knew he wanted a taste, and I also knew he was high as hell on wolf blood. He had a bit of a problem when it came to the stuff. It was like pure cocaine to him. But, I had to remember to thank him later, as right now, he was giving the perfect opportunity to earn the woman's trust.

His fangs clicked into place and I knew he was going to take a bite any second, and before anyone could even blink an eye I had him against the wall, my knee between his legs, and I slowly began applying pressure. I leaned in, to whisper into his ear. She is mine, you can overpower me if you'd like, we both know you can, but know this Mr. Abraham, if you touch a hair on her head my maker will be using your skull as a chalice. I released him and immediately went back to my seat. Where were we? - Oh right, your friend, the necklace... I began running my fingers over my hair to put any strays back in place, adjusted my dress, and reached for my drink. What about you mysterious woman. Your name? Where are you from?

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:20 am

Was I taken back at her bluntness towards what she had for lunch? Yes. This girl is not ashamed of anything. I mean, why would she be? She's a vampire. She gets to live all eternity with no fears and worries. She gets to make as many mistakes and she has forever to improve. I'm glad to uh, hear that. I cleared my throat. When she says I have nothing to fear, it only makes me fear more. Which causes me to raise the question, why am I slightly afraid of her, but when Ben told me what he was, I wasn't even a little bit scared. I know his blood in my system played a part, but even after I'm still not afraid of him. Maybe it's because I know he won't hurt me. Unlike my company for the evening, she could snap my neck at any minute and there would be no way for me to defend myself. It's her uncertainty that is rocking me back and forth on the edge.

I am? I wasn't sure whether it was a good thing I was 'as pure as it gets.' It also didn't help that she followed that statement with a laugh. But I have learned my lesson and will not be questioning her actions. I would like to leave this place with all of limbs. And once again, she tells me I have nothing to fear, I still fear. This was a very good night? I would rather be dropped in the middle of the ocean with a bag of cement tied around my foot than meeting her on a very bad night. Wait, selling me? Like, putting me up for auction as a blood bag? I blinked at her words, what on earth was she talking about? Is this some sort of vampire code talk?

I cupped my hands together and placed them in my lap. I thought so too. - Nope. I came here just out of pure curiosity. Besides, they're slammed at work tonight so they wouldn't have been able to make it anyways. But even if Ben wasn't working tonight, I still would've have come. It's not like he's my babysitter and I have to ask permission to go out and do adult things.

My eyes moved from her's to the voice of the man that stood behind her. Oh wonderful, another one, I presumed. Just as my sub-conscious was about to roll her eyes, she booked it under the bed when the man who was just behind my company, now had my neck fully exposed for the taking. I inhaled sharply as every bone in my body turned to stone, and my breathed ceased to exist. I felt the warmth of his breath against my earlobe, then I heard the shrill click of his fangs, and I was just begging that she would get this guy's mangling hands off me. I exhaled deeply the second his rough hands were no longer suffocating me. As I eased my breathing to normal I tuned into the words she exchanged with that little shit. When I looked up she was back in her seat, looking as if she didn't even get up at all. Thank you, again. For a second there, I thought you were going to let him at me. I said hesitantly.

Sofia, with a F. And I'm actually from here. I drained the remaining of my drink and licked my lips, before turning to her.  How about you mysterious vampire lady?

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics