setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Painfully Cheap - Page 6

[Private] Painfully Cheap

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] Painfully Cheap

Sofia Rin | Human; Citizen

Posted on Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:12 pm

Taking the play too far? Is he being serious right now? Are people in this town really that oblivious? Or just stupid? What do you usually tell the patients? That their little friend needs to cool it down with the hickeys? It was the only reasonable explantation for unusual bite marks on the neck that I could think of. You would think those people would know something was up. Which makes me wonder if those people already knew what they were getting themselves into... Do some humans in this town actually enjoy getting their blood sucked?

I always felt as if I received an achievement award whenever I made him laugh. Because it was that rare.   I know that! I grinned while shaking my head lightly. I just figured that after what happened with Noelle, you'd want something more... Metallic tasting.. Although I'm sure the taste of blood to him is like chocolate cake.

Yes I know, I was a test subject turned fuck buddy turned I don't even know anymore. I didm't want him to have to explain himself or his actions, he was just doing what he was created to do. He's following his vampire instincts. Right now I just want to quit the Noelle or what talk and get drunk then go home and forget tonight happened. I get it. It was just a spur of the moment kind of thing. None of that flowery crap. I waved over the same waitress who served Ben his drink, breaking my attention away from him for a split second to look up at her. What he has, but about five more glasses. Thank you. And just as Ben did before, I focused my attention right back to him as she walked away. 

I looked at him, puzzled. Was that his way of saying I could take my exit ticket now? Did he want me to take it? And what, all of this would just be over? I'd never see him again and just continue on with my life? Then what do I do once his blood is out of my system and I lose all of my restored qualities? Going back to feeling helpless and broken. I'm not ready to feel that way. I don't know. I kind of like having a front row seat to this mess. I smirked, relaxing a bit into the chair and crossing my leg over the other. And right on cue, a tray of five glasses of bourbon was set right in the middle of the table. I reached for the closest glass and downed about half of it before placing it back on the table. I'm going to so regret this.

Back to top Go down

Ben

Benjamin Reese | Vampire; Infant

Posted on Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:37 pm

Doesn't matter, really, people are compelled, not to tell the truth about what happened to them. If they survive it, I mean. I scratched my neck, realizing I'd been one of those people a time or two. When the hunger came, there was no way to be "above" this place. And shit, in a way, it was like being a kid in a candy store. I remember tasting some girl who had eaten nothing but berries for two weeks. The doctor in me was almost tempted to lecture about how terrible that was, but it felt a little pointless when I was about to drain them of pints and pints of blood. 

I grinned widely, but before speaking, responding to her assumption, I left my chair and appeared in the one next to her, pushing the hair away from her neck. Aww, you mean I can't have both? But let go of the hair, still grinning. You actually have me smiling after that... grenade. I don't really think I deserve that, but uh... thanks. It was true, most fights with Noelle had ended with me sulking, getting drunk on my own, and half the time being confronted by Gayle as if she'd been watching the show with blood-drizzled popcorn. Then again, the night isn't over yet, and I had no fucking clue how that crazy bat would react to Sofia. If it wasn't a good reaction, neither me or Sofia would have a chance. 

I almost coughed. Five? My eyes were wide, and I shook my head. I knew it had been a rough night, but she was definitely looking to get wasted. It wasn't until the waiter left that I'd thought maybe I'd just buy a damn bottle for us to share, with some glasses. But this would do, and I wasn't about to let her drink all of them. 

I tried to rationalize why she wasn't running away; her answer wasn't exactly enough for me. Maybe it boiled down to basic psychology. The violence, the pain, it was what she was used to, and maybe it was something she felt she needed to conquer before she could move on. Might as well conquer it with me by her side - that is if Noelle would let me. I made a scrunched, slightly disgusted face. Springer isn't enough? And by the time I turned and grinned at her, the tray of bourbon arrived, and I made sure to take one for myself, even though I hadn't finished my first one. She had to know that shit wasn't just kool-aid. 

Noelle isn't going away, just so you know, but, I um... I took a drink of the first bourbon. We'll see.

Back to top Go down

Sofia Rin | Human; Citizen

Posted on Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:20 pm

We'll see. Little vampy can't get everything. Even if he's cute. I turned towards him once he appeared beside me, smiling softly at his soft touch. Why wouldn't you deserve it? I asked with sincerity in my voice. If anything, we should be smiling and laughing, doing anything to lighten up the mood. 

I wasn't surprised by the way he reacted to my order, because honestly, I was just as surprised. I wanted to get wasted, although that wasn't my plan for tonight, but due to recent events now I'm just saying screw it. What? You don't think I can handle it? Sofia, be honest with yourself right now. Even you know you can't handle it. I rarely drank alcohol, let alone decide to get wasted. It just wasn't down my alley. So for me to order five glasses of bourbon... I'm just praying that Ben decides to lend in a helping hand for his poor human and finish the other three glasses because after two, she'll be gone. 

I kind of figured that. She made it clear that tonight wouldn't be our last time crossing paths. And that freaked me out. Now if there was one thing I was sure of, I was afraid of Noelle. I don't know anything about her. I don't know her limits or what she's capable of. At least with Ben, I had a feeling if he was around. With Noelle, I'm never going to know. She could just show up at my freaking doorstep. The unknown is seriously ruining my life. 

I drank the remains of my glass, practically forcing the liquid down my throat while my facial expression definitely showed. We'll see? If he's certain Noelle isn't going anywhere, is he planning on going somewhere? Am I going to get somewhere and I just don't know it yet? I slowly set the glass back down on the table, widening my eyes as the room started to spin, and reached for another glass. As wrong as this is going to sound, I think the most exciting part about tonight was when some vampire almost made a meal out of me. It was just so thrilling. I giggled and smiled from ear to ear as I took another, brutal drink.

Back to top Go down

Ben

Benjamin Reese | Vampire; Infant

Posted on Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:43 pm

Now my smile almost had me aching, and shamelessly, a part of it was my own pride, my own happiness in a certain realization. The realization that really I should be remembering tonight. You don’t know me as well as you think you do. I always get what I want. I tugged playfully at the necklace around her neck. The necklace that had almost become the bane of my existence tonight, but now I remembered, I always got what I wanted. And this… life in death… wasn’t about to change that. I had to work hard for it, yes, but I got it. That’s why I went to med school. It was how I’d have my cake and eat it, too. This was just a new challenge. Well, I had two of you ganging up on me - that doesn’t usually happen unless someone’s in the wrong. But then again, I was now settling in my new realization, my new motivation. I can have it all.

Heh, I almost snorted. Remember what I do for a living. I’ve seen loads of people who uh.. thought they could handle it. And then I pumped their stomach.

And now, the name Noelle didn’t bring as much unease with me as it had before. I didn’t have a plan, necessarily, but I was beginning to trust myself that I could fix all of it. That I’d find my place in this goddamn circus, and good fucking God I’d be in Noelle’s favor and Sofia would be… Sofia would be what? I took hefty drink of my bourbon, washing that train of thought away. It wouldn’t be anything if I didn’t label it, right? I’d just.. have her. And again, the glass barely clinked against the table before I was sipping again.

Yeah, we’ll see, meaning, just wait. Like I said, I get what I want. I grinned at her, pushing away my now finished first glass of bourbon, and scooting the second closer to me. And yeah, I took a taste of it to make sure it tasted just like the last - until I almost spat it out at what she’d said. I wiped my mouth, swallowing hard. And just how… No, nevermind, I know the answer to that one. My thoughts were running fast through my head, trying to imagine what had happened and they’d started to spill from my mouth as well. Once Noelle had seen her, she wasn’t going to let anyone else claim her. This really was personal. I think it goes without saying that you’re banned from here, now, right?

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics