setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Painfully Cheap - Page 5

[Private] Painfully Cheap

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] Painfully Cheap

Noelle Faye Benson | Vampire; Infant

Posted on Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:57 pm

His little play toy had fallen silent, and as much as I wanted her to chime in and have a go at me, I wasn't terribly upset at her silence. There was a sickness inside of me, and it had been there since the day I decided to turn Benjamin. That sickness was him. There was no cure, there was no antidote. It was a sickness that I would have to cope with for eternity, and it was that sickness that made me realize the real weight that came with turning someone. Was it jealousy? Was he right? He was, but it was also something else. It was a feeling that I wasn't good enough. It had nothing to do with the gift I'd given him, the gift of life in death. I didn't feel he owed me anything, but I wanted him to owe me this. To fight for my approval over the approval of some short lived human. Was this how Gayle felt when I defended food? Was this how Gayle felt when I was infected by that fae's magic? I'd said it before, and I would probably never stop. This was karma, and for the first time since I'd been turned, I needed my maker more than ever. I needed her guidance, her presence, her wisdom, her comfort. I needed her, because only she could explain to me why. Only she could help me, and only she could love me.

It's not much of a threat Benjamin, when I barely ever see you anyway. I added, my tone sounding bored, but really I was just feeling tired of this round and round bullshit with him. Maybe we were both too stubborn to iron out the kinks. Was this what it was going to be like forever? As much as my bond with him pulled me towards him, maybe coping with that pain of never seeing him again would be better than this. Tact? Tact?! I don't need you to kiss my feet. I don't need you to worship the ground I walk on, and I certainly don't need you to give me meaningless chunks of metal to prove anything to me. I've made it clear in the past what I need from you, but don't even start talking about tact Benjamin. I wouldn't call leading a double life with a human and keeping me in the dark tact, that's not how this relationship is supposed to work! You don't let your maker find out about your sentimental bullshit this way! If you want to be a human so fucking bad then fine, take the only thing humanity would have given you, step into the sun, take your death. If this is how it's going to be, I won't stop you. He'd done it, he'd pushed my buttons and there was no going back now. I hadn't meant it, I would shove him into the shadows and meet the sun before I'd let him take his own life, but extreme situations called for extreme conversation.

And what he said next had me fighting back the blood that was threatening to pour out of my eyes, not from sadness, but from blatant frustration. Just because she wears her scars, just because she leads with her scars doesn't mean I don't have them. That's what I'd call tact Benjamin, I'm not a sympathy case for you, or for anyone, and if anyone would have understood that, I thought it'd be you. Have you ever even bothered to ask? No, of course not, that's why you see me as this cartoon villian with nothing but meaningless vengeance and disregard for life flowing through my veins. - I know exactly what she is to you, and as well as you think you hide it, it's written all over your face. She's a fantasy. She's a way for you to pretend things are exactly as they used to be, because you're not willing to accept that nothing about you is as it was. I'll let you in on a little secret, I've been there. As much as you might think I'm just here to cramp your style, that's not the case. But don't blame me because you feel this human can give you something I can't, because you haven't even tried, not once. Was he hearing me? Did I need to say it louder? Or had he already painted me as that cartoon villain full of spite? To say this human had scars when she hadn't even touched base on what it was like to be turned was... Insulting. It was wretched. She doesn't have the luxury of making her scars disappear... God, the more I thought about it the more I felt it was a hit below the belt. Was the world really that black and white to him?

I'd had it. I'd had enough. I looked to the woman sitting in the chair beside him, this stranger, that I knew nothing about. This fragile being that made me wonder if it was her fragility that made him swoon. I'd never expected Benjamin to be the type to need someone to care for, but maybe he did, and maybe I just didn't fit the bill. That was fine. He could have his human. And when she grew old, died, when she was long gone, maybe he'd see that all along, I just wanted to spare him that torment. Of watching those you'd allowed yourself to grow attached to fade away. I hadn't seen it, but it was something I'd learned. An indirect lesson from Gayle. At this point, I was seeing red, literally, and I would rather stake myself in my heart than let either of them see me cry. They weren't worth it. I'm sure I'll be seeing you again, Sofia. And with that threat, I disappeared, refusing to answer his question that was more of an insult than a curiosity. Out the door and gone from that stupid night club that clearly had a reputation for shitting all over my existence.

Back to top Go down

Sofia Rin | Human; Citizen

Posted on Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:47 am

I found it very hard to believe that someone with the personality like Noelle could even get jealous. She thought so highly of herself. But Noelle jealous? Over me? I would say I had too much to drink to even think that, but that would be false since I have barely touched my drink since Ben arrived. Although I had a feeling that when all of this eventually died down, I will need many alcoholic beverages in front of me to make it just a little easier to sleep at night without constantly thinking that Noelle would find a way into my house and smother me with a pillow, or worse. Was her jealously driven entirely from this necklace? Or was there more than meets the eye?

Honestly, with all the ruckus that is coming from our table, I'm surprised the owner hasn't thrown us out yet. But then I remind myself this place is overrun by vampires. I thought our dispute couldn't get any worse, I can't even begin to imagine what the walls of this establishment have witnessed. 

I didn't know what I was expecting to hear from Ben. Frankly, I was nervous he was going to start his sentence and realize half way through that I'm not worthy, that Noelle was right. Then maybe he would put the cherry on top and just snap my neck right then and there, ditching my lifeless body while he and Noelle picked up right where they left off before I came into the picture. But what he really said... Christ. They were words I had never heard anyone speak about me. I just sat there, with a lump in my throat as I watched him set things straight with her. Yet when she opened her mouth to speak, she took those words and twisted them. I couldn't help to question if she right. Am I really just a fantasy? What's going to happen when he wakes up into reality? Am I as good as dead then?

But when I moved my eyes to Noelle, seeing the look of absolute defeat, something changed. I felt bad for her. I felt terrible for all of my rude unspoken words towards her. There was more to Noelle than I had imagined. Even if Ben didn't see it or chooses not to, I did. Even though she tries to cover it with her act, I can see that she does care for Ben. And god it hurt to admit that to myself, because I know that if she shows signs of longing for him, I'll be left in the dust... Damn it. I blinked at her, the sight of blood trailing from her tear ducts down to her cheekbones. I instantly worry if she was okay, but I scratch that knowing that physically she will always be fine. Then I wonder if when vampires cry, their tears are... Blood?  Hearing her threat, made me feel as if I got stabbed in the abdomen all over again. 

I took in a deep breath, as if I forgot to breathe since I arrived here, before taking my drink and finishing it dry. I placed the glass back on the table cloth and looked over at Ben. And there were two. I didn't even know what to say or where to even begin. Glad to see your tracking detector still works flawlessly? His ability to know exactly where I am in this godforsaken town is just astonishing.  How did you know I was here? I paused for a moment to rephrase my question, because we both knew how. You knew something was wrong. How did you know it was me? Did you add a new feature to your impeccable tracking detector? And for the first time tonight, the corners of my mouth turned upward into a small grin that reached my eyes.

Back to top Go down

Ben

Benjamin Reese | Vampire; Infant

Posted on Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:54 am

I always had so many questions for Noelle, and if I had just fucking asked them, maybe things would be so very different. But they were questions that I assumed would make me seem doubtful, fearful, and weak. I’d just wanted to be right for her, effortless. And it was in my frustration that I was as far from effortless as I could possibly be. Realizations began to wash over me, and I began to really see exactly how fucked up it all would seem from her end. I got near her and all I would want to do was rip off her clothes because I didn’t know what else to do, I didn’t know how else to seem powerful to her. Once the point had been made, she still continued, but I’d kind of stopped listening. Until I heard those specific words, and my heart completely sank. That would be easier for her, wouldn’t it? It would give her a fresh start wouldn’t it? If I just died, and she could find someone better suited for this shit. It was almost tempting, because I was already struggling to deal with this.

Noelle I- But I stopped because there was legitimately nothing I could follow it with. And now, I listened, and fought hard to maintain my composure, I fought to maintain that the way I felt was somehow right, valid, and that all of this was okay. I had good reasoning. My defense mechanisms were returning, but they were mixed. Wires were crossed, and nothing I would say would be the right thing. So I stopped myself. For once, I did the smart fucking thing and kept my mouth shut but my eyes on her, until she left. It would be pointless, anyway, wouldn’t it? Everything I said would be twisted. No justification would be enough, no reason would ever make sense to her. She had just assumed that all I wanted was to hurt her, to defy her just because I could, and that couldn’t be further from the truth.

I watched the door, as if maybe she would come back in, but I enjoyed the brief silence, the relief once she left that Sofia was at least not in immediate danger. But I also wondered what kind of new wall I would be backed up against now that Noelle was gone. Instead, she surprised me yet again. Nothing accusatory, no sharp jabs, just.. a sincere question. I breathed, not that I needed to. A symbolic habit, if I needed breath I would have enjoyed that one so much.

I’ll always know where you are. I don’t really understand it, but it’s something to do with our bond. And, I’ll always know where my maker is. And the two of you in the same place? Well.. let’s just say that went a lot more smoothly than I thought it would. I paused, not even thinking about going back to work at this point. It didn’t matter. How much of this mattered? Noelle now had me questioning everything. God, I need a drink.

Back to top Go down

Sofia Rin | Human; Citizen

Posted on Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:18 pm

The way he made it sound was that Noelle and I were like two magnets, we both shared Ben, so when we're put together in the same room, we repel. Or one of us, being me, gets their head torn off. Like a lot more smoothly. I'm still breathing, aren't I?   For now, I reminded myself. I reached into my empty glass and pulled out the cherry that rested on the bottom. You know, I started, my teeth biting down on the stem and swiftly plucked the cherry that was lathered in whiskey, by no means was that suppose to even seem remotely sexual. I just wanted to eat the dang cherry. A little warning about this place would have been nice.  

I had developed the habit of forgetting what Ben was, because the only time he showed that side of him was when he wanted to feed on me. Other than that, I saw him as any other human who just can't go out in the daytime otherwise he'll roast into ashes. So I first assumed he wanted an alcoholic beverage, this whole dilemma had without a doubt put him under a lot of stress so he was going to need a drink or two, but just as I was about to wave over the waiter to take his order, I stopped myself. Of...What, exactly?

Back to top Go down

Ben

Benjamin Reese | Vampire; Infant

Posted on Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:48 pm

Yeah, I said, but there was the unspoken, for now, that I could pretty much assume she was thinking as well. Before my thoughts could go any further along than that, a waitress arrived, a smirk plastered on her face that told that more than likely, her and the others had been watching it all unfold. I didn’t care, as fancy as they wanted this place to seem, it was just another fucking bar. No amount of rich vampires who frequented this place could change that. Bourbon, neat, I said before she could even speak. She disappeared and my attention was focused on Sofia. I was covered in defeat, shame, whatever else you could tack on, but at least for now I was relaxed. I was comfortable, as I could ever be, in this mess, because I knew it could only get worse. I’d better enjoy the fan before it’s covered in more shit, right?

I didn’t know I’d need to warn you. But I guess that’s me, I mean.. I get patients from here, once in awhile. It’s rare, but it happens. It’s funny, though, no one ever questioned it. They just talked like these were people who were just.. nuts, you know? Taking the play a little too far. In my world.. it’s common knowledge. But I forget what a twisted world I live in. And I don’t know why, but my mind was brought back to the question that I had never stopped asking myself since I’d woken up. I was so mad, that the life I’d worked so hard for was taken away, but where was I planning to go next? Hadn’t I begun to feel.. stagnant? Stuck? Did I not want to be derailed from those train tracks leading to the American dream? Wife, kids, all that shit that we’re herded into by societal norms? That option has been taken away, and I don’t miss that, but I have no idea where the hell else there is to go. There was no… plan for this.

And finally, all guard must have been down, or maybe I was mentally exhausted enough that I couldn’t do anything else. I laughed, rubbing my forehead, but it was a genuine laugh. No, Sof, whatever sadist created us at least had the decency to let us have our alcohol. But it was a good point. And maybe, maybe it wasn’t too late for Sofia. Maybe I’d failed to give her some warnings, hadn’t given her the choice on others, but I guess I should start laying things out for her, as much as I could.

Sof, I mean.. I guess I can start warning you now. What I can, anyway. The glass was now put in front of me, and immediately I took a drink, wiped my lips and replaced the glass onto the table.
I don’t want you to get any rosy ideas about me. Noelle was wrong about at least my initial intention. What I did to you? It began out of sheer curiosity. There’s no romantic story about how I followed you around and just how fascinating of a human you were. I simply wanted to see what I was capable of. I took another drink, but made it quick, so I could finish my statement before she could stop me. There’s no heroic element to me. I don’t try to get my blood from animals, I don’t rob blood banks. I drink from people. I’ve killed people. The only discretion being who could I kill with nobody noticing. My eyes darted around the room, never having been here, I wasn’t sure just how freely I could talk this way, but I didn’t see the point in this place existing if it wasn’t entirely fucking free. But there, there’s the rest of your warning, while you still have a chance to get out of this mess.

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics