setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Painfully Cheap - Page 4

[Private] Painfully Cheap

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] Painfully Cheap

Sofia Rin | Human; Citizen

Posted on Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:25 am

I guess I'm full of surprises. I said sternly. I don't know what irritated me most, the fact he is practically talking down to me like some child, or that he didn't even bother to look at me while he spoke to me but instead kept his eyes trained on her, or that she agreed with him in such a snarky matter. I wished it wasn't blatantly obvious she was enjoying every square inch of this coincidence while I just sat here. The desire to just crawl out of my own skin increases the longer I remained in this chair.

And just when I thought it couldn't get any worse. Oh. My. God. It does. It all makes perfect sense now. That little something we have in common, is the little someone who has unexpectedly decided to join us for the evening. But not only that, she is also the one who saved him from the river that night and, turned him into a vampire. Then she recalls a gift? Is she referring to Ben's necklace that's - that's hanging around my neck. Oh no. Oh no no no. Everything she said earlier is all coming together like a freaking puzzle. Why she was pressing me on the story behind the necklace, if I was intending on meeting my friend here later tonight. And yet she already knew the answers. Although I'm sure it is safe to say neither her nor I expected the friend part to actually show up. 

But then I think back to before Ben showed up and it was just us two... Is this why she sat with me in the first place? Because she saw me wearing his necklace? I'm sure she was beyond flustered to see some stranger wearing a significant item that belonged to her... Her vampire child or whatever? So of course she was going to kick off a conversation with me and get to the bottom of it all. Which I'm sure it involved her wanting nothing more than to rip his necklace from my neck. And maybe my head too. 

You do? I'm not all that interesting and neither is the story, really. I spoke quickly. I was really hoping I would be able to keep my mouth shut this entire night and allow the vampires to do the talking, but that wasn't going to be case anymore. I moved my eyes to Ben, my mouth set in a firm line as I turned my head to Noelle.  At the hospital. I was taken by ambulance for chest pains and Ben was working that night, then voila. I nodded lightly. That night, it was so long ago. I remembered bits and pieces. Especially how clueless and stupid I was. I even suspected something was different about the soup, but I discarded that comment of mine and continued to eat it. And he just watched, completely mesmerized that this fool fell right into his pretty hands. 

With my mind bouncing off the walls, a specific thought happened to cross, and I rather it hadn't. If Ben's blood created this, this incredible bond between us. I wondered what bond she created with him when she turned him? Is there even a bond? I'm in denial now. Of course a bond was created. But then, is he experiencing what I have for him, but with her? I could feel the color from my skin disappear from my face, and now I would really love nothing more than to crawl out of my own skin and burn at the thought of whatever the hell their relationship was.

Back to top Go down

Ben

Benjamin Reese | Vampire; Infant

Posted on Sun Sep 06, 2015 2:10 pm

If I could rip my skin off piece by piece in exchange for making this night go away, I would do it in a heartbeat. As far as I knew, I was a complete and total disappointment to Noelle, she wanted nothing to do with me, and as for me, any time I was around her I could never contain myself. It wasn’t.. lust. It wasn’t love. I didn’t think, anyway. It was powerlessness, it was weakness, and it was need. And god, here it was again, just in a different fucking way.

I started to speak, but I couldn’t even make sense of how she’d twisted my words. Gift? When did I call myself a fuck up? And just how did Noelle think I was calling myself a fuck up? I was.. God! Could we not be on the same plane just one fucking time? In the same dimension? I wanted to pull her away, to make her fucking talk to me and tell me just what was going on. At this point I didn’t want to explain myself. I wanted to tell her to get a fucking grip, and tell her this was her fault. But for once, I didn’t have it in me. The most I could do was to return a narrow, irritated gaze.

But the more Sofia spoke, I just sat there, fuming, knowing that I needed to speak, but pissing Noelle off was dangerous. Sofia was already at risk, and if I’d let something happen to her because my maker was a little green, then I’d failed again. If I was fucked either way, I had to try something. I relaxed, at least attempting to let the appearance of my tension fade. Maybe for Sofia’s sake than Noe. But she had probably enjoyed watching me squirm. I started to laugh.

The necklace, right? This is about the necklace? Would you have even thought twice about it if I’d just stopped wearing it? Thrown the ring back in the river with its owner? I shook my head. I don’t understand what you want from me, Noelle, but I know it’s not that fucking necklace. You don’t think I give a damn about you, Noelle, but you just don’t get me.

I tore my head away from her, and finally looked to Sofia. You shouldn’t be in the middle of this, and I’m sorry. I can take you home, or somewhere, but either way, we should go. I knew both of them would be mad at me, but I hoped that Sofia wouldn’t let her anger with me endanger her. If she was smart, she would leave with me.

Back to top Go down

Noelle Faye Benson | Vampire; Infant

Posted on Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:02 pm

Kitty had claws.

I was under the impression she was a good little girl. The kind that never talked back to mommy, and most definitely never talked back to sweet little Benjamin. But the claws were emerging and I couldn't help but feel pride, like the monster that she was turning into was my own doing. Like it'd only taken minutes, but I'd already influenced a miniature dispute between the two. What else could I do? What strings could I pull to make this even more interesting? I wasn't evil, no, some might disagree, but I also wasn't the type to sit back and pretend everything was okay when it clearly wasn't.

I swirled my drink in my hands and smirked again at the way she spoke those words, and she had no idea how painfully true they were. Oh you poor thing, modesty is most definitely not my style, and it isn't yours either. I think you are absolutely fascinating. And the tale she told next proved it. It was hilarious, and I wasn't just saying that either. I felt a jolt in my stomach and there was obvious tension in my throat as I fought off the urge to delve into hysterical laughter. A pity case Benjamin? Really? It was so... Beneath him. It was so... Easy... It was flat out disappointing. His life span had gone from seventy years to eternity, and he was already throwing in the towel? He was already going for the easy target? It was pathetic and frankly, nauseating.

That's so romantic. My voice halted in between words as I tried to swallow down that ball of laughter. No, I needed to get it together. As hilarious as it was, I couldn't give into temptation. Now was not the time. My progeny the romantic, I always knew you had it in you. I really needed to stop, my voice was positively drenched in irony. But I couldn't help myself, it was so good, it was so golden.

My facade finally snapped. And I stood up from my chair and quite loudly placed my hands onto the surface of the table, causing everything on the surface to rattle and clank, and for the second time tonight, my drink tipped over and rolled to the floor. You're not going anywhere! I practically hissed at both of them. But as quickly as I had snapped, I began to realize it had actually happened, and slowly made my way back to my chair and scooted in. My hands ran over my hair again, and over my dress as I tried to straighten out my appearance and find that poise I had so abruptly lost. I cleared my throat and propped my elbows onto the table, clasping my hands beneath my chin.

I could think of nothing else, but one thing... Defy me. Please Benjamin, defy me. My mental pleading would go unheard by any other but myself. I wouldn't voice it, telling him to defy me would... It didn't work that way. I couldn't tell him to defy me, because then he would, and in turn he'd be obeying me. It was so hard to get someone to do something without having the ability to tell them to. This has everything to do with that stupid ring around her fragile neck, Benjamin. I finally admitted, and was practically begging myself to stop. Don't let your emotions rule you Noelle, your plan, think about your plan... But I kept speaking... This girl, excuse me, I mean this meal is just another sheep to me. Another notch on your belt that you can parade around like some kind of trophy bride until you find another, juicier steak to fuck. So tell me Benjamin, and feel free to chime in Sofia, maybe that sweet voice of yours will lessen the blow, but what makes her so worthy? That necklace signifies everything I want you to let go of, but despite my hatred for what it represents, I know what it means to you. And to give it to a human... It is disgusting Benjamin, it is absolutely revolting.

Back to top Go down

Sofia Rin | Human; Citizen

Posted on Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:44 am

How much longer was I going to have to sit through this and listen to her speak to me the way she is. If I was guaranteed to live, I would stand up from this chair and walk out. But I knew that was never going to be the case. Noelle was making it crystal clear she would not hesitate to end my life. So if that means I will have to sit here until sun rise where I could potentially make my escape, if an opportunity doesn't open up sooner, I will be taking it. 

Did she... Did she really just use the "R" word to describe how Ben and I met? Romantic? If she had known anything about that night, it was nothing romantic. I glanced over at him, hoping his blood would finally grant me the ability to know what he was thinking... Oh god. If she's this enraged over the fact that I am wearing his necklace... I don't even want to begin to imagine how she would react if she ever found out he has been giving me his blood. That would be the signature to my death certificate.  

I was beginning to question if by continuing to wear this necklace was putting me at a greater risk. Would it resolve everything if I just ripped it from my neck? Would that make her happy? Of course it was. But why would I do that? Why would I give her what she wants? Why give her that satisfaction? Ben gave me this necklace for a reason. A reason I'm not too sure she would ever understand. So no, I will not be taking this necklace off. To be quite honest, I am rather enjoying myself seeing her frustrated over the fact I have something she doesn't. This must be what she like feels right now. Hm. It feels... Reveling.

My head remained looking straight ahead, but my eyes gazed to his when he begins to speak to me. I shouldn't be in the middle of this? I am almost positive that I am the whole reason we are in the middle of this. Because I decided to let my curious mind do the talking tonight which has ended up in me encountering Ben's maker who doesn't seem to be warming up to the idea of, oh I don't know, my existence. I wanted nothing more than to wake up from this nightmare, but what made it worse than a nightmare, that it wasn't one. In this moment, I could have really cared less of what Noelle thought. She can go on and insult me of being his "pet" and following his orders, but if his orders are going to keep me alive to see tomorrow, I will be more than happy to obliged.

I nodded at his words, but just as I was about to stand up from my chair and escape this nightmare, the tone of her voice put those plans on hold, as well as sending a shiver down my spine. I slowly eased myself back into my seat, placing my hands in my lap as I prepared for the next wave. I raised my eyebrows the moment she no longer referred to me as a human, but now as a meal. She had finally cracked. She couldn't keep up with her own act anymore. And I don't know whether to be even more terrified for my life now more than ever. God, with each syllable of each word she spoke, absolutely gutted me. But she finally asked a question I had been wondering ever since he gave me his necklace. But, would her presence here influence his answer? And now I'm not too sure I was prepared to hear his answer. But I had to know. I wanted her to hear it from him, face to face. 

I had finally tuned her out, which I didn't know was possible, and focused all of my attention and energy on Ben. I leaned forward into the table and propped my elbows on the surface, my entire body turned to him. Why am I, Ben? I breathed.

Back to top Go down

Ben

Benjamin Reese | Vampire; Infant

Posted on Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:05 pm

I could do nothing but shake my head at her, arms folded across my chest. I glared, frowned, and clenched my fists because there weren’t really any appropriate words for the way she talked to Sofia. It was so cliche high school bitch, and for once, I was sick of her. I hated her as much as my bond with her would let me. Which wasn’t much. Because I knew inside that still, if Noelle were to come to me, later, I’d run straight to her, and have a hard time letting go. But for now, I needed to be far, far away.

That wasn’t on Noelle’s agenda. Oh? We’re not? What’s stopping us, Noelle? You touch a hair on her head and you will never see me again. How seriously could she take my threat? How serious was I? Oh, god, I would try, though.

I listened to her ramble, her insinuation that Sofia would be nothing more than food, and instead of the fear that had been building up, instead of the anger, the realization really hit me and I smiled, even laughed. Oh, my god. This.. That’s it. I mean, I knew, but I didn’t know. It wasn’t the right realization, it wasn’t the right one to put Noelle in her place, though. In fact, if you really thought about, it really only hurt me. Noelle was jealous. Very jealous. And I was thrilled. It enlarged my head and puffed my chest. And for once I felt worthy myself. I wasn’t a complete waste. Either way, I had at least something to spin. Something sort of on my side.

I never thought you would be so jealous, Noelle. And I certainly thought you’d have more tact than the mean girl at the high school lunch table. I paused, and, it was a risk, but I looked at Sofia. THAT’S why Sofia is worthy, Noelle. She isn’t you. She has scars, and doesn’t have the luxury of making them disappear as soon as the wound is given. She’s lived with scars larger than me or you and she’s not as jaded and bitter as you.

Not that it’s your business. You own me as much as I own Sof. I looked at Sof, at this point, almost wishing that I would turn her. Wishing I could have her really by my side without her having to be mixed up in this with the fragile body she had. But I wouldn’t. That was the whole point, wasn’t it? As for the necklace, I told you, Sofia, why I want you to have it. Not that Noelle would understand.

You have my neck, Noelle, you have your grasp around my neck. Why do you need a piece of jewelry?

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics