setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Painfully Cheap - Page 3

[Private] Painfully Cheap

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ben

Re: [Private] Painfully Cheap

Benjamin Reese | Vampire; Infant

Posted on Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:13 pm

OOC Message
Ben is just in a tight white tee and dark grey scrub pants, badge dangling from the bottom of his tee.

I felt like a dog before a storm; antsy, restless, feeling I could smell something in the air. Something bad was about to happen, a trauma? Maybe? Something was going to roll in that would have me lose it, this was it. I scratched at the base of my skull as I paced the radiology corridor. No, something was already wrong. Like two unstable elements were colliding. Severe drama in the hen’s nest? That bad? No, my senses didn’t even bother with that kind of shit anymore.

God damn! What was this? I wasn’t psychic. I didn’t have fucking premonitions. Wait - no, but… I had connections, and once I brought my mind to them, I was floored. I noticed Sof, in a strange direction - a part of town where I wasn’t used to feeling her. What was in that direction? How did I find out? But there was something.. someone else. Who else did I… ? By now I’d paced by the charge desk, getting odd stares from the staff, especially Grace.

Fuck, Noelle. It was fucking Noelle! Wherever Sof was, Noelle was right there too. I couldn’t leave the two of them.. how the.. how had they… SHIT I hated this small goddamn town!

I gotta go, I said, staring at the doors. My uh… my kid’s been hurt. Or something. I ran as fast as I could through the ambulance bay doors without raising suspicion, or at least suspicion that I was not human. The further away I was from Index General, the more a sick feeling was beginning to grow in the pit of my abdomen. I knew exactly where I was going. Had Noelle watched us? Had she brought her there? To rub it in my face that she knew about Sof? Why the fuck would she care about Sof? The thoughts of anger raced through my mind as I went from alley to alley toward Poison. I finally crashed through the red doors and felt that my whole body was crawling with the previous unease, but also rage, and honestly… fear.

I wasn’t sure what to think when I found the two calmly sitting at a table, with their drinks and supposed small talk. Thank God Noelle liked to play with her dinner.

What are you doing here? I glared at Sofia. It wasn’t nice, pleasant, in fact, it was almost a hiss. Was she actually clueless as to the reputation of this place? Or was my initial suspicion correct? My glare turned now to Noe. Are you behind this?

Back to top Go down

Noelle Faye Benson | Vampire; Infant

Posted on Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:41 pm

Something like that... Maybe I was being a tad dishonest. Virgins were most definitely a vampires currency. The fetishes of my kind were incredibly predictable, but that didn't make them any less rewarding. Maybe I was naive, maybe I was just young, but I had no desire to be picky when it came to my tastes. Blood was blood, it made me feel alive no matter who it came from. However, I couldn't help but doubt this woman was a virgin. How else would she have claimed that trophy around her neck? From looking precious and batting her eyelashes. No way, not with Benjamin. However... He had been rather unpredictable at times... He had surprised me in the past. The more I thought about it, the idea that he could have possibly given her one of his most sentimental objects without making her pay for it in the flesh was infuriating. It was clear, my body was all he wanted from me... Was it possible that she had given him more than just the physical? Why would he even be intrigued by a humans mind, and not mine? It was disgusting to even think about.

Shame, shame. I do hope I will be a satisfying substitute however. I could show you things you couldn't even dream of. I was playing, trying to entice her and feed her inner adventurer. I knew what my end game was going to be, but everything in between was just spur of the moment planning. And I was loving the direction we were going. Don't mention it. I grinned, fighting back the urge to roll my eyes. Oh don't be silly,  I wouldn't let him hurt a hair on your head. I told you, I rather enjoy your company. The end of my sentence filled my glass as I brought it up to my mouth for another drink. And it was bitter, bitter with every lie I'd spoken tonight.

Well Sofia with an F from Index, I'm pleased to make your acquaintance. You may call me Noelle, from somewhere long forgotten. Now that, that's out of the way, what do you say we move to somewhere less boisterous? Where we can chat? I'd like to know every little thing about you. What was it Ben was into? Small town girls with small town dreams? Was that what weakened the beast within? Oh Benjamin... I hadn't figured him one to mold to the stereotype but he was just full of disappointment lately wasn't he?

I was about to move from my chair to lead the way to one of the elegantly decorated back rooms for a more intimate conversation with my new bestie, when speak of the devil, he appeared. And clearly he didn't care much to keep up appearances considering his attire. Was he that worried for his new love? Pathetic. Was that panic I detected in his voice, my, this was even worse than I expected. Watch your tongue Benjamin. And please, don't jump to such awful conclusions. You don't own her, as much as you'd like to think you do. She is free to go where she wants. So don't be ridiculous, I had nothing to do with this... Well, wonderful coincidence.

Back to top Go down

Sofia Rin | Human; Citizen

Posted on Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:50 am

I have no doubt you could. I would be lying if I said I wasn't intrigued. Because I was. She is the first vampire I have come in contact with ever since learning of their existence, besides Ben though, of course. I sometimes found myself forgetting what he really was. When we're together, it feels as if the rest of the world was in black and white, but we were in screaming color. But not with her, she was undeniably nothing like Ben. She glorified what she was, it would be near impossible to forget. Maybe her personality comes with age. 

Likewise, Noelle. Why couldn't we just remain where we are now? Why increase the chances for her getting a sample tasting of my blood? Did I feel comfortable of the idea of being alone with her, away from civilization with the great probability I could end up, oh I don't know, dead? Absolutely not. But I was not about to tell her no. Something tells me the word no is not in her vocabulary, especially if it involves something she wants. She has made it very clear it is her way, or lying on the floor being drained completely of my blood. 

I anticipated her swift movement, from her chair to god knows where. But something, or someone, judging from the expression on her face, stopped her from doing so. Then I noted his voice in the background. Although this was a tone of his I had wished to never hear, the anger, I was certain I could also hear a shred of fear. I opened my mouth about to speak when she spoke first, and to an unexpected surprise, she knew his name. Then my mind raced back to what she had said earlier, about her certainty that she and I had something, or in fact someone, in common. Is this what she meant by that statement? Our relationship with Ben? But that is where I drew the line from daring to question any further what they were to each other. I was not interested in thinking of how these two crossed paths. I never thought I would actually be saying this, but there is truth to her words. He doesn't own me. I am allowed to go out and live my boring human life. Just because I decided to go out into town on a night where he wouldn't be able to watch me from the nearest bush doesn't change anything. It hadn't stopped me before, and he was certainly never this enraged. So what made this time different? Was it because I was with Noelle? Something about her made him uneasy. I could sense it. 

I broke away from Noelle, who seemed far too amused by the recent events, and focused my attention on a not-so-thrilled Benjamin. Oh what am I doing here, you ask? Well you know, I just love waltzing on inside a vampire invested lounge with absolute no prior knowledge beforehand. You could have oh I don't know, filled me in about this little hideout and tell me to steer clear of it. Because I would have gladly listened.

Back to top Go down

Ben

Benjamin Reese | Vampire; Infant

Posted on Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:09 pm

If my heart had stopped beating, why did it feel like it was going to explode right out of my chest? Noelle alone had me.. feeling the weirdest blend of.. This moment just really had an impact on me, explaining just how different my relationship with Noelle was now, just exactly how what she was to me was so different than anything I’d known as a human. I felt like I was in trouble with my mother, I felt like I was in trouble with my wife. I felt like I was in danger, I felt like I’d fucked up, but I also felt enraged. I also felt excited. Weak in the knees and yet my eyes burned with fire.

And then there was Sof. Maybe my experience in the emergency room had left me privy to knowledge that I had just taken for granted. Especially since turning, I’d seen so many things that.. I knew had to do with that place. And I’d seen so many people even before turning from there who had seemed to have some kind of vampire fetish. But even still, how was this my fault? Since when the hell did Sof go to places like this? I’d pegged her wrong, assumed she was the artsy homebody who wrote short stories and had a wall full of books, and maybe she was. A suspicion arose in me that it was curiosity that brought her here, and that she knew exactly what she was dealing with.

But did I feel like I owned her? That was kind of rich coming from Noelle, seeing as I’d never seen Noelle see a person as any more than food. She was a tornado, not looking back as she ravaged through their lives. And honestly, I envied that. Did it take time for this caution to leave me? For this storm going on inside my mind to ease up?

Poison has a reputation, Sof, never thought you’d be interested, I said dryly. My eyes were trained on Noelle the entire time I spoke. I tried to read her, but I was about as productive as a freight train on water. How could I tell Sof not to trust Noelle? How could I tell Noelle… what did I want to say to her?

I need you. I’m lost.

I wanted Sofia, I shamelessly wanted to own her. She was my experiment, now something different. God, I had a fucking human pet, how fucking cliche? But… it wasn’t like she didn’t benefit from the arrangement. She sported that ring like it was a crown, and - oh. Oh fuck me. I glanced from the ring on Sofia’s upper chest to Noelle, thinking no words other than, I can explain.. I hoped that the look said it all. I pulled a chair, took a seat, leaned back, and gripped the edge of the table, making the statement that I wasn’t going anywhere. Fuck, this must have been hilarious for her, watching me squirm. Well, then if we’re all here, we might as well make an evening of it. Sofia, this is Noelle, My gaze went from Sofia, and any other time I would have just.. gawked. I would have reveled in the fact that these two goddamn knockouts were here, and this was all over me. It should have gone straight to my head, but instead, I could do nothing but keep my cool and keep my heart from ripping apart my chest. As I spoke, my head turned slowly to Noelle, and I tried to salvage what I could of the situation. She pulled me from the river. So you have her to thank for me fucking up your life. I grinned sheepishly, then looked around for someone to take my drink order, because if I ever needed one it was now.

Back to top Go down

Noelle Faye Benson | Vampire; Infant

Posted on Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:14 pm

My expression didn't falter. I'd maintained this oddly comfortable smirk all night, actually. Just a vague pull at the corners of my mouth encouraged by the thoughts in my mind. In fact, my thoughts had so much influence over it that it'd come to feel natural, I didn't even know I was doing it anymore. And this didn't change when Ben arrived. Yes, maybe his arrival was a disappointment, but in the end it didn't matter. I knew of her now, and I could be patient with a meal as gratifying as her. Maybe I'd need to sustain myself on my usual cuisine, but when the time was right, she would be mine.

He's not wrong. I lightly shook my head from side to side before finally hiding my grin in my glass. This was that moment, the moment where the plot of your favorite television show took a very unexpected turn but was all the more entertaining for it. That was how it felt for me anyway, no doubt it felt different for them, but considering the nice and shiny trophy around her neck, I was in no mood to give a fuck what either of them were feeling.

And finally, my eyes met his and for the first time tonight, that smirk disappeared. I'd been a bit slow, but I got there eventually. What exactly had he meant by that? It could have been a number of things, considering I rarely knew the true meaning behind his words. Maybe it was because deep down I was pissed off, maybe that's why I ultimately decided his statement was an insult.

None of it mattered, I was not here for him, I was here for the girl. The mysterious woman that clearly meant a great deal to my progeny. And I wanted to know what made her tick, even if it meant removing her brain from her skull and dissecting it piece by piece... Literally... We've met. I spoke bluntly, but immediately caught myself to bring that casual pace and tone back into my voice. And yes, Sofia, I am his maker. I told you we had something in common. I smiled sweetly at her, but inside I was scowling with disgust.

I like to think I wouldn't give such an amazing gift to a fuckup. But maybe I'm just giving myself too much credit. There was obvious irritation in my tone as I narrowed my eyes on him. It was blatantly obvious there was more to this discussion than we were letting on, and despite the fact I wanted to see his pets head on a spike, I wasn't about to be rude. I had appearances to keep up, I had an agenda to hide. I looked to Sofia, my expression softening as I avoided looking below her chin. So, why don't we let Sofia tell us the story of how you two met? I rather enjoy listening to her speak. And would rather cut off my own ears than hear another word out of his mouth.

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics