setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Painfully Cheap

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Noelle Faye Benson | Vampire; Infant

Posted on Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:30 pm

Thread Details

Clear | 10 P.M. | Song Courtesy of JKA

OOC Message

Dress: Elie Saab | Shoes: BloomingDale's | Makeup | Hair

Nighttime, she reveals as much as she hides.

''Beautiful isn't it?'' - Hm? His voice cut through the silence and broke my focus. And had I not known who was speaking, I would have known simply from his question and the reaction and analysis it brought. I suppose if you were reading my life like a book, and you looked through my history with men, you'd realize this one was just another that would fade out, as if he never existed at all. Promiscuity was a light way of putting it. Most people liked to jump straight to the vulgar ''slut'' or ''whore''. I was no different, I knew what I was, but even knowing didn't bring forth any reservations when looking for my next victim.

I pulled my attention from the moon above and didn't even make eye contact with him. Go away. I spoke firmly, still avoiding eye contact before brushing my flyaways down and straightening out my dress. I didn't speak another word before moving towards the big red door and stepping inside. The last time I had been here wasn't pleasant, and that was apparent from the way the bartender, Chris, looked at me when I stepped inside.

Irony is so not your style Chris. I spoke to him unlike the man outside, of whom I'd already forgotten the name of. What? It was one night? You can't expect me to memorize every little detail. ''To what are you referring?'' He leaned in, over the bar, his face only inches away from mine, and I pulled away, making it clear the customers sitting at the various tables in front of me were far more entertaining than him. The song, Werewolves of London. It's painfully cheap. I muttered before grabbing the martini he had already placed behind me and moved to an empty table. Let's just say... I hadn't been to Poison in quite some time... But I knew Chris other ways... More specifically, vertically, against the brick of the courthouse, at about midnight on an unimportant Saturday this last July...

Back to top Go down

Re: [Private] Painfully Cheap

Sofia Rin | Human; Citizen

Posted on Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:44 pm

OOC Message

When one steps foot inside a library, you hear nothing. Silence. Maybe the clicking of computer keys, the delicate turning of papers from books, faint whispers break that silence here and there. But when I step foot inside, I hear a room full of gossip and secrets. A few days ago I 'accidentally' overheard a couple of girls chit chatting away about some bartender who works at a place called Poison, and how he was just so yummy. Then yesterday I, again, 'accidentally' overheard some people exclaiming how exquisite the ambiance was. I've always been a sucker for fine decoration, I can thank my European travels for that. I obviously saw this as the perfect excuse for me to doll up a bit. Also because Ben was going to be slammed at work, all night. Which means, I get to have complete control of my thoughts. All. Night. Long. I was not about to pass this up. The only piece of him that will be joining me tonight is his dear necklace around my neck, that I've been twisting around my neck the entire cab ride to try and ease the nerves. 

I closed the car door behind me and straightened my dress. My attention immediately being drawn to red door before me. I could just feel the atmosphere from inside engulfing me whole. Thinking the ring wasn't in the front, I adjust the necklace one last time before stepping inside. It now rested on my collarbone for all to see.

I stood before the vintage dark oak bar, awaiting the service from the bartender. Right now I'm relying on the girl's words and hoping this bartender is just as they described. But a place with such elegancy, they wouldn't settle for anything less, especially when it came to a bartender. And boy was I right. This guy was definitely easy on the eyes. Manhattan, please. I spoke softly and he moved away. I rested my back against the bar and listened to the woman's sultry voice as it danced across my skin. After he handed me my drink, I moved to one of the few empty tables left and took a seat on one of the red velvet chairs. 

I could get used to this place.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:02 pm

My purpose for being here was unclear. But I didn't think one needed to have a reason to have a good time. Most nights things just unfolded naturally, and I found myself in good company. Tonight, no doubt, would be the same. Yet I couldn't stop my eyes from scanning over the crowd. With nothing but Benjamin and Gayle on my mind for quite some time, I was unknowingly looking for them, as if I could will them to appear. From face to face my eyes, intently focused, moved around the room. My heart sinking more and more as I began to realize the company I was searching for, wasn't going to be found.

I reached for the toothpick in my glass and set the olives off to the side before taking a drink in defeat. Even my posture nearly slumped. Don't get crazy, I said nearly. A part of me was begging to leave, but the amount of attention I was getting from the owner of this place, which was in no way positive compelled me to stay. If he didn't want me here, then I definitely wanted to be here. It was that simple. No doubt I had a history with these people, and as juvenile as it may seem, I thrived on what I could get away with simply because my maker was the most powerful woman in the state. It was my get out of jail free card, and why not use it and abuse it if you have it?

I gracefully placed my elbow onto the table and leaned forward to let my finger gently rub along my jaw as I held my eyes on him, a smirk even appeared. His discomfort was my euphoria. I wasn't one to believe in karma, not anymore. But the second a woman with auburn hair entered the building, turning the owners attention to her rather than me, I thought I could believe in karma, even if only for a moment. I wanted to resist, but I had to see what was so important, and I turned my body to watch as she moved herself to a table. My eyes scanned from the boots on her feet, up her long legs, to her hips, waist, breasts, and finally... My narrow and focused eyes went wide as my elbow slid off the table, knocking my glass to the ground causing the liquid to splash out with shards of broken glass. I didn't even flinch, my eyes were on the, the thing around her neck. The very thing I knew I was going to choke the life out of her with before this night was done.

I regained my composure and held my head high as I pushed my hair behind me and got up from my chair, completely ignoring the mess I had just made on the floor. My feet carried me towards here, and my eyes didn't move off of that necklace the entire time. Is this seat taken? I asked with a smile, but didn't wait for her answer before sitting down. Are you meeting someone tonight? My skin was crawling but I kept it together. My stomach was twisting and turning, waiting for her to admit she was meeting a man here tonight, waiting for her to admit everything. I was no fool, even if Benjamin thought he could fool me, he was playing a game he couldn't win.

Back to top Go down

Sofia Rin | Human; Citizen

Posted on Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:46 pm

I turned my head to the crisp sound of glass shattering into pieces across the floor, the sound echoing throughout the canals of my ears. That was a sound I had yet to experience with my newly upgraded hearing, and it was incredible. Even though Ben has been feeding me his blood for the just a couple months, with each dose, my hearing intensifies. Which allows me to experience sounds that are naked to the human ear. Yet, I'm still human. Very human.

But now I was alerted by the melody of a woman's voice, a voice that reminded me of the woman singing in the background, who happened to have been standing over me. Not at all, take a -, I didn't bother to finish my sentence as she took it upon herself to occupy the chair across from me. I've traveled all over the world, seen hundreds of faces. But she was absolutely stunning. She knew how to walk into a room and have all eyes drawn to her. Time felt as if it was on pause at this very moment. Nope. I've come alone, and I intend to leave alone. I grin at her before taking a swing of my drink. If Ben wasn't working tonight, then it would most likely be a different story. I'm sure he would've somehow found out where I was and dropped on by, but thankfully that won't be the case tonight. 

I looked back over at the table she was seated at previously and her little mess was now being cleaned up. Are you okay? You knocked your glass over and I just want to make sure you didn't cut yourself. I asked her with sincere in my voice. I brought my fingers to the ring that rested around my neck and began to twist it as I did back in the cab. It had become of habit of mine ever since Ben gifted it to me, it brings me comfort, I guess. We wouldn't want any blood stains on your gorgeous dress.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:30 pm

I stayed silent, and didn't tear my eyes away from hers. I took my time before speaking again, and didn't remove the subtle smirk from my face the entire time. It was an amazing tactic. Hold eye contact, take your time with responding, let the world around you disappear and stay focused. It had made me sweat in the past, there was something so intimidating about it. Maybe it wouldn't work on her, maybe it would, all I knew was I wanted to make her sweat. I wanted to play with Benjamin's toy before sending her to Goodwill. I had a few ideas. Maybe rip the necklace off of her lifeless body and send it to him covered in chunks of flesh and blood. Or maybe I'd just take her from him and keep her for myself. She wasn't horribly unfortunate looking, and I needed someone to keep my closet organized. Oh what a fun game it would be to force him to gaze upon her in my company. To force him to watch her mind slowly deteriorate from my influence. The last thing I wanted was to see my progeny in pain, but Benjamin wasn't just my progeny now was he? He was something else to me, something that required more than just the love and understanding of a maker.

That is unfortunate, but I must admit, your attire tells a different story. Why come to a place like this dressed like that only to go home alone? Oh dear, this had just become unbelievably rich. Was she... Faithful to him? Were they... monogamous? Oh this was golden. Just an observation. I do hope I can change your mind however. From the second you walked in, I couldn't help but feel we had something in common. Or rather, someone. Don't worry darling, I wouldn't expect anything more from you but a good time. I smiled.

Her concern with my safety was probably the most hilarious part of this evening. But the way she played with the necklace around her neck brought me back down to reality. I took in a deep, unnecessary breath and brushed my hair out of my face once more. That's very kind of you, but I'm quite alright. - Plus, I wouldn't mind a little bloodshed. I smiled again, but this time, my grin was decorated with a set of fangs.

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics