setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Starting from scratch - Page 2

[Private] Starting from scratch

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] Starting from scratch

Ásgeirr Haagan | Vampire; Senior

Posted on Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:15 pm

I nodded in understanding, a small smile appearing on my lips to match hers. Quote BeginI'm sorry Gwyneth.Quote End I spoke, knowing very well that her troubles were entirely my fault, even if she tried to assure me it wasn't about that. What if I had never interrupted that night in Poison? What if I had never been there. Would her life had turned out better or worse? Maybe she would have been fine. I kept her in my home to protect her and of course she could go and come as she pleased. But what if she didn't see it that way?

It had been ages since I had felt responsible for anyone. Emotions often made place for other useful traits. Pity or remorse were not feelings of importance. This, however was a different case. I hadn't felt so human since I was turned. I had lost all control over my emotions and it made me feel weak. Quote BeginI...Quote End

I was interrupted when Hugo appeared in the room. When he left I doubted whether I should still even finish what I wanted to say. Then Gwyneth spoke. I shifted in my seat again, leaning back against the chair, my lips slowly parting but no sound came out. Her statement startled me more than it should have. For a moment I was at loss for words. My insides twisting and turning in a most uncomfortable way. This was not how I usually felt and it bothered me. I didn't want to be weak. Yet she had a most curious effect on me.

Quote BeginAre you entirely sure you want to be a part of a world that is not yours?Quote End I finally asked her. It was not a question to scare her and I didn't mean to say that she didn't belong in my world, but I wanted to be sure. Quote BeginMy world, Gwyneth, is a most cruel one. I drink blood to survive.Quote End I paused, taking a moment to gather my thoughts. Quote BeginI may look human, and if I am honest, I have never felt so human as I have felt this last week. But I will never have a heartbeat, I will never breathe.Quote End I let out a sigh, making sure not to look at her. I was too afraid that her face would tell me all I needed to know.

Quote BeginI don't want you to leave. But I don't want to involve you in the dangers of my world either. So I need you to make that choice.Quote End It was only then that I looked at her. Quote BeginIf you choose to stay, I will never forgive myself if you ever get hurt. I need you to know that. But I also think that it will be worth it.Quote End I was rambling and I felt like a fool. But it had been a long time since I had said exactly what my heart was saying. Quote BeginYou are an extraordinary woman, Gwyneth. And I would very much like to learn more about you.Quote End

Back to top Go down

Gwen

Gwyneth Mathiasen | Human; Citizen

Posted on Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:01 pm

And that will be your life whether I’m there or not. I don’t have much to go back to, Ásgeirr. And well.. I.. I had waited until he had finished speaking before I said this, and yet I still was at a loss for words. I couldn’t explain to him why I wanted to stay. It wasn’t that I had nowhere to go, because that wasn’t necessarily true. I was enamored by this life, even if it was complicated, messy, and dangerous. I had feared the vampires at Poison with good reason. There are still people I feared that didn’t even have vampire abilities. But I didn’t fear Ásgeirr. I almost wanted a reaction from him. I had this silly, ridiculous idea that if it were his lips, his teeth, it would be okay. It couldn’t be love, at least not yet, but I was infatuated. He could do no wrong. I would do just about anything, I’d take any consequence to have those lips against me again, but I knew, somehow, that I’d have to work twice as hard. I’d barely been able to push the thought away before I’d see a whir of him and it would return. Now, it was almost as powerful as the night I’d actually gotten a taste. And I knew, I knew even then I would be kicking myself for that desire.

But that was what I wanted. For him? He wanted to learn about me? Why? What would he do with that, if he wouldn’t touch me? I felt a fire burning through me, and really there was no specific way to describe it. It wasn’t anger, it wasn’t desire, it was just there. I want to stay, Ásgeirr, but I need answers. I stood up; the fire was making me restless. The fire wouldn’t let me sit still. I chewed on my bottom lip, I looked from the window, to him, and back to the window. I’m not really sure what I am to you. I’ve never been a fan of labels, but.. am I just company? It’s okay, whatever you answer, I’ll be whatever you want. Stop. Stop. Let me be your little doll, I’ll dress up aalllll nice for you and everything. Just play with me. No, I was just bored, and restless. I needed… I needed to get another job. That’s it. That’s all it was. I was stircrazy, right?

I need boundaries. But I didn’t want them. He was the mysterious bad boy, with his eyes on me. It made me feel… something.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:51 pm

What I had said had not frightened her somehow. I could sense every single emotion she felt and it confused me completely. What I had thought to be fear at first wasn't fear at all but... excitement? My fingers were tingling and my mind was cloudy. Once more I felt like I was young again, as if the ancientness washed off me, like the rain against the windows. Only leaving little evidence of what was once there, the drops.

It was no longer just her pure Scandinavian blood that intrigued me, it was her very being, her soul. No ordinary woman would choose to be part of that complicated, messy and dangerous life of mine. Not for the world. Yet here she was, telling me she did. And if I was to believe the sound of her wildly beating heart and the flow of her blood, then she was telling me the truth. Was it irresponsible choice to let her join me? Probably. But I am afraid to say that I didn't care. Because it was her choice, and selfish as I was, I was not going to stop her anymore.

She stood up and my gaze followed her. She looked at me and then her eyes trailed back to the rain outside when she spoke. What was she to me? She was certainly not 'just' company, but then again, what was she really? What was I even to her? Was it important what we were? I did not know. Before I knew it myself I was standing in front of her, my hand softly on her cheek. I looked at her, my eyes meeting hers. I could almost see that fire, and I had no idea what to do with it. Quote Begin You were never just company, my dear. But forgive me, Gwyneth, as I do not know what I should call you. Quote End

And there we were. Was this a turning point? The fear of losing control like I had before, was ever present. But it was also a very realistic thought that maybe I had already lost control and I wouldn't get it back anytime soon. Quote Begin I'll always respect your boundaries. Just tell me when to stop. Quote End

Back to top Go down

Gwen

Gwyneth Mathiasen | Human; Citizen

Posted on Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:23 pm

My head was beginning to swim in this. God, it was exciting, but what kind of territory was I stepping into? My fear was more related to the idea of pushing him away than the bad things that could happen to me. Would I look like some clingy fan girl? Surely I wouldn’t be the first confused woman to want him in this way? Of course, I brushed that idea aside - I am human, after all, and jealousy is something hard for me to lock away in a box when it really counts.

And I might have been able to respond to his next statement, maybe, but all it took to throw pure chaos into my head was a simple touch. I swallowed hard, and met his eyes in return, wanting now to almost forget the whole conversation and let my heart take the reigns. Let my impulses lead me where they may, but at the same time, I knew a repeat of that night would ruin me. It’s not about labels, I finally spoke. It was a question, that I was too afraid to ask, that any time I thought of how to say it, I would still be just dancing around it like a young girl. His touch, his look, both were answering my question to an extent, but I wanted to hear it. I want to know, I breathed, and I reached up so that my hand covered his, making sure that it wouldn’t leave. My other was at my side, but I only just then realized that my fingers were almost digging into my thigh. Anxiety? No, it was me, holding back.

And then I smiled, almost from ear to ear. I couldn’t help it - and it was kind of a funny thing, even assuming on my own part. The boundaries weren’t for you, Ásgeirr. My smile remained but softened. And to show him just exactly what I meant, I finally let my fingers leave my thigh and I let the hand rest on his abdomen, gripping just a little. Last time, I had felt him this way was through a suit, and now there was nothing but a thin shirt between my hand and him. Dammit! Why couldn’t I just.. why couldn’t I just let the mysterious dark vampire man be just.. an acquaintance?

But now there was hesitation, no tip-toeing, no reaching for our lips to touch. I was realizing now, the anticipation was half the fun. As wrecked as I felt, as confused and even a little stressed as I felt, this was becoming a high to me.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:58 pm

There we stood, so close, and it took every inch of my being to keep myself from scooping her up. And when she spoke, when she told me it was not about labels, I had this feeling that that wasn't the truth. I could hear it in the rushing of her blood. The fact that I couldn't give it a name, didn't mean that she was nothing. Right now, she was everything.

I lifted my hand to her cheek, softly cupping it as I closed the remaining distance between us. Quote Begin Then tell me what you want to hear. Quote End There was this spark deep inside me. A nagging feeling that just seemed to be there in the background. I didn't recognize it at first because it had been centuries since I last felt a trace of that peculiar emotion. And then it hit me; insecurity. I wanted her to want me, I needed her to. Not because I desperately longed for company, but because I longed for her.

The rain outside was now clattering hard against the window. Big drops clouding the world outside. For years I searched for a sense of family, a nest, or maybe even my own progeny. I never thought, however, that i would find something like what I was looking for in a human girl. She felt like home.

Quote Begin Please, Gwyneth, just show me. Quote End I spoke, my hand leaving her face to rest just above her hip. As intense as the moment was, not one moment had I thought about the blood pumping through her veins, and together with that nagging feeling of insecurity, I had never felt so human before.

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics