setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Starting from scratch

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Gwen

Gwyneth Mathiasen | Human; Citizen

Posted on Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:19 pm

Thread Details

Home of Ásgeirr | About 60F outdoors, rain | 2am

OOC Message
Gwen is wearing black fuzzy socks, purple lounge pants and a lavender cami. Hair is in a side braid.

I read. I read lots of books. I never thought it could happen, but I was getting so sick of books. I needed to find work again, before I lost myself to whatever was happening. I thought about leaving, but Ásgeirr had been my net on which I had landed before I even knew I was falling. I didn't have anywhere to go, I had no money of my own, and not a clue how people started from scratch. I didn't even speak with Hugo, and I had hoped he didn't assume I had anything against him. I just could never come up with any words appropriate for the situation. I had the notion a time or two to ask him advice, even almost spoke when he looked at me, enough for him to audibly say "hrm?" or recognize that I wanted to speak, but I would just smile and look back to my book. I didn't speak to Ásgeirr, not until I knew what to say. The only thought I had, that I might speak to him, was to ask if he still wanted me there. I had a vague idea of what had happened that night, but not the boldness to assume anything. Why hadn't he asked me to leave? Either, I'd been too forward, maybe too soon, or he had... wanted something more from me that he didn't want to take.

Tonight, I needed a change from this. I needed to know something, and I needed to stop avoiding him. It was easily done, especially with the limited night time hours of summer, but tonight I drank the coffee Hugo graciously offered, and waited in living area, in a comfy chair by the window. Instead of a book, I held a tablet, searching for jobs. But I was doing not much more than scrolling down with my fingers while I listened to the rain spatter against the large window. Sometimes this house was too big, too lonely, but once I began to entertain the idea of leaving, I knew inside I didn't want to.

Back to top Go down

Re: [Private] Starting from scratch

Ásgeirr Haagan | Vampire; Senior

Posted on Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:01 pm

OOC Message
Ásgeirr is wearing dark grey loose pants and a black tanktop.

Ever since Nuicaché my nights felt long and my days uneasy. Awaking from my slumber felt like awaking from years of hibernation. Dinners were quiet. So quiet that I almost couldn't remember the sound of her voice. Today I had awoken late. Later than usual. As I pushed the covers aside and slid out of bed, I brushed my fingers along one of my legs. That hunter had made her mark. The wound had left a small, faint scar as it had not healed fast enough; something that would remind me of my shameful blackout for centuries to come.

I made my way to the windows, opening the blinds with one press of a button. The room was lit up by a slight ray of moonlight. I had already heard the rain tap against the windows as I had slowly awoken. It was always calming to me, from since I was a kid. Some things never changed. As I made my way through the house, down the hall and down the stairs, I noticed how quiet it was. Somehow both Julia and Hugo weren't as present as they had been before. It all felt too quiet. Lonely even. As if there was no one here but me.

I pushed open the door to the living room and there she was, in the chair by the window. I was stopped dead in my tracks. Quote Begin Gwyneth. Quote End It was the first thing I had said to her in a week. It wasn't as if I hadn't spoken to her because I hadn't wanted to. Words just never seemed to come out. Quote Begin How... how was your day? Quote End

I slowly moved towards her and sat in the chair across from her. She had chosen a wonderful place to sit. Even though it was raining, the night was bright.

Back to top Go down

Gwen

Posted on Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:44 pm

I was up to bat, and everything had left my mind. I was sure I’d been in the bathtub before, shower, lying awake at night, knowing exactly what I would say to him once we’d spoken finally. I’d practiced it in my head. Now I couldn’t remember a word of it. I was just actually happy to hear his voice, but unnerved at the same time. I paused before looking up at him, and I felt like I had to pull my head up by a chain, not sure what would happen when I saw his face again, his eyes, and I wasn’t sure what kind of look to expect to be getting from him.

I scooted myself in the chair, realizing just how bad my posture was and how.. lumpy I probably looked. Just the lazy lump that existed in his home. Because why? He felt bad for me? But finally my eyes met his, and… I don’t know, it was like a beautiful train wreck. I felt awkward looking, but I couldn’t pull my eyes away. I followed him, watching his movements as he took a seat. I felt my heart flutter in my chest, butterflies in my stomach, whatever, once I realized he was here, with me, and wasn’t going to avoid me. And I wasn’t going to avoid him.

Okay. It’s okay. I’m.. a bit sleepy. I don’t think I could ever keep your hours. I let a small smile melt into my lips. Finally, I forced myself to look to the left, out the window to watch the rain hit the window. The drops were massive, and plenty. It would be impossible to see about anything, anyone, even if they were standing just in front of the window. It was actually beautiful, though, like impressionistic art.

How was.. how was your week?

Back to top Go down

Ásgeirr Haagan | Vampire; Senior

Posted on Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:46 pm

I shifted in my seat, my body moving slightly forward as I rested my elbows on my legs, my hands under my chin. There was still quite some space between her chair and mine yet it felt like I was right in front of her. Spending my days in a haze caused me to never really 'see' her. Protecting her and myself had been a priority and losing control would be a threat to that protection. Yet what was the point if I was to never speak to her or truly see her again?

She responded, but returned her gaze to the window. It crossed my mind, that maybe she wasn't actually sleepy, but just grew tired of the surroundings of my estate. Quote BeginAh, but please, if you feel tired... you don't need to stay awake for me.Quote End Somehow the idea of directly asking Gwyneth about her feelings of her residing in my home triggered something close to fear deep inside me. I didn't bring it up. Not yet.

I followed her gaze outside, only seeing flecks of detail through the raindrops. It rarely occurred that the rain clouded my vision so much. I wondered if it was a play of fate, not being able to find distraction. She spoke then, and asked me how my weekend was. My face lit up for a second and a a small whiff of air escaped my lips. A human trait that had creeped in. Because I wasn't happy and I certainly didn't think it was funny. Quote BeginMy week has been...Quote End In a split-second I wondered if it was fair to her if I would simply be honest or if it was better to not go into details. I went with the latter. Quote BeginI've had better weeks.Quote End

I was surprised by a knock on the living room door. Having been focused on other things, I hadn't heard anyone appear. Quote BeginCome in.Quote End I muttered. Hugo made his way through the door, carrying more coffee. Quote Begin Can I offer you another cup of coffee, miss Gwyneth?Quote End he asked, and then turned to me, his face asking what the man probably didn't want to ask out loud in front of Gwen. I shook my head and caught a frown upon Hugo's forehead when I did. He worried too much. Or maybe it was well-placed this time.

Back to top Go down

Gwen

Posted on Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:34 pm

Maybe bits and pieces of what I had intended to say were seeping back into my head, but they all seemed irrelevant. Now that he was here, it was quiet still, but I had expected something negative, hostile? No, maybe not that for. Disappointment - maybe. Awkwardness? Absolutely. This was none of the above. Neutral. But I realized then, that Ásgeirr had had a long time to practice his poker face. Whether he used it or not? I still didn’t know him well enough to figure that out. He definitely had an unfair advantage in this relationship.

Sleepy and being able to sleep are two different things. I smiled weakly, but I did kind of regret my statement, so I immediately followed, so that I could make sure it wasn’t some kind of jab at him, at any pain he’d caused me. I mean, it’s nothing about..  I’ve just been wanting to see you.

Was it egocentric of me to wonder if his poor week had been caused by me? Maybe it had just been the beginning, maybe none of it had anything to do with me. I found myself curious in almost an amusing way, wondering just what made for a bad week for a centuries old vampire? What kind of new everyday.. or I should say every night annoyances did they contend with? I was sure there wouldn’t really be a twitter feed of #vampireproblems. I tried to think of even a few, and I felt the world was just too different than my own to even imagine one. Especially in the middle of a conversation which I’d decided I was clearly distracting myself from.

I’m sorry to hear that, I said, then looked down briefly at the floor with my eyes, not moving my head, but soon brought my eyes back up to him. I assume it’s something you don’t want to talk about? It was then that Hugo had graciously appeared. I couldn’t deny that Hugo really had a talent for making me feel as welcome as I could feel in a place where I wasn’t sure really why I was there at all. I wanted to ease into it, but I knew that if one thing came of this conversation, I would definitely be gunning for a straight answer. What did Ásgeirr want from me?

I shouldn’t, but just one, I smiled at him, an easy, thankful smile, if that was even a thing. He filled my mug, sent Ásgeirr another worried frown and departed the room.

On that note, I said, not hesitating to capitalize on the obvious attempt to be discreet, You don’t need to shield me from these things, Ásgeirr. I want you to be able to talk to me. That would be at least something. I felt completely worthless.

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics