setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Closed] The Curious Mind

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sofia Rin | Human; Citizen

Posted on Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:13 pm

Thread Details

Ben's Condo | Fog | 7:38am

The lids of my eyes slowly fluttered open as the sun rays beamed through the nearly closed curtains, while also blinding me. I pushed myself up into a sitting position and ran my fingers through the hot mess that was my hair. I looked over to the other side of the bed to Ben passed asleep, I could hear his faint deep breaths of air, despite he's far enough away from me that with one swift movement he'll be meeting the floor. I think one of the most exhilarating aspects of my heightened sense, and definitely my favorite, is being able to hear everything. Nothing goes unnoticed with me now. Like yesterday, after a long first day of work I needed to clear my head, so I went on a walk around the neighborhood and came across a little league soccer game going on in an open field just by my house, so I decided to just stick around for a bit, since I don't remember the last time I was one of these. Probably when Sterling and Hope were at that age. 

But let me tell you, the soccer moms at this game were talking so much dirt about each other it gave me the worst headache I've ever experienced. I guess gossiping is more entertaining than actually watching your child run back and forth chasing a ball. Then this guy just miraculously appeared out of nowhere, said he was just in the neighborhood, and whisked me away to where we are now. As of what happened between that time and now, well it's pretty self explanatory as I gaze over his floor where our clothes lay scattered.  

How much longer was I going to tolerate this, this relationship with him? I mean, it's something I've never experienced before. He makes me feel alive, he ignites every nerve in my body just by the delicacy of his touch on my skin. The sound of his voice and the words that leave his soft lips, leave an imprint on me. He has such a influence on me, if he were to persuade me that taking a knife to my neck was the right idea, I'd probably believe me. Which scares the shit out of me. He doesn't scare me, it's his power over me that scares me. 

I looked over at him one last time, taking in every detail of his relaxed facial muscles. He never looks like this when he's awake, so relaxed and in a way, innocent. He is usually tense and serious, causing his facial muscles to be a little stiff. I can't help but wonder, is that's my fault? Before a let another thought pass through my mind, I figure it's better to take my leave now while he is still sleeping, and slowly slip out of the covers. After our first time together, I try to be gone by the time he wakes up. By being with him for so long, I feel as if my conscious gets all distorted to his wants and needs. So before I can allow him to distort it even further, I try to get home as soon as possible. I collect my belongings from the floor and dress quickly. 

I throw my bed hair up into a pony tail as I walk down the familiar hallway and stop in the middle of the great room. Now where are my keys, I thought. I remember leaving my bag in my car since there would have been no need for it. Then I remember the car ride from the park to his place, the look on his face when he first spot which vehicle was mine and how it was nothing compared to his. We were so jokingly with each other, so young. Yesterday was one of the rare times I've seen his face relaxed, and it was comforting. 

I fold my arms across my chest and think back to the entrance we made, how we went from that wall, to the wall, then I think back to that wall again. A small smirk spreads across my face. Then he grabbed me by the arm and tugged me towards his bedroom. I pause and look over the couch at the coffee table where my keys rested on top of some papers. I walk around the long love sofa and bend down, but instead of taking my keys and walking out the front door, something else caught me eye, I pick up a document that had a photo of a man attached to it. My eyes immediately find the name, Dr. Reese. Is this talking about Benjamin? But by reading further, it's about his father. I don't know much about the military system, but if someone is discharged do to mental illness, I don't think they instantly put that person into a security organization. So whoever this, Grant Yates is, lied? But why? Then another name caught my attention, Helios. Why does Ben have this?

As I set the document down, my hand lightly graced across his trackpad which caused the screen of his laptop to brighten up, and it opened up to an article on some forum about his dad. What's he doing with all this information about his dad? Is he in some sort of trouble? I skimmed over the article, knowing that Ben could wake up any minute and see me sticking my nose in places it definitely doesn't belong. It was stating how some doctor in a town wasn't getting the job down and recommended people to see Ben's dad. What makes him so much special than other doctors? 

I heard the sound of blankets shuffling from his room and knew I had to leave now. I carefully close his laptop, grabbing my keys, and scurry towards the front door. I delicately turn the door handle, step outside, and close it behind me. Now what kind of dirt can I pick up on Dr. Reese. I thought as I climbed into my car. 

#Closed #Solo

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics