setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[OPEN - 3] Ladylike - Page 2

[OPEN - 3] Ladylike

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [OPEN - 3] Ladylike

Ruby Schaffer |

Posted on Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:59 am

I thought my question had been one of the yes or no variety. But this girl had managed to use it as some kind of invitation to talk for like, five minutes, and the amazing thing was that she did it without taking a breath. Wasn't she exhausted? I was tired just listening to her. Extroverted people would never cease to amaze me. And how did she get from asking for a pair of headphones to being able to read my mind? Well, if she could read my mind now all she would hear would be, "what the fuck?"

After hearing her assessment of the sad headset she was offering me I waved them off, I'll pass, thanks. I definitely hadn't been wrong in my assessment of the girl's chihuahua-ness. She was excitable and talked a lot and generally seemed pretty harmless. Although, come to think of it, chihuahuas could be pretty vicious. And I mean, my sanity had taken a couple blows since I'd encountered her.

I was hesitant to give the girl my name, lest she use it as another invitation to keep talking. I didn't generally have a hard time telling people no especially dicks who didn't deserve the time of day. I mean, people in general are assholes so it doesn't really bother me to tell them to fuck off because everyone has the right to tell an asshole to fuck off. This girl, unfortunately, came off as very sweet and friendly despite being annoying as hell. I didn't want to hurt her feelings even though I generally didn't consider myself the kind of person that cared about the feelings of others. I'd already told her to sit down, which I guess was my biggest mistake because she probably would've understood if I'd said "no, I have too much work to do" because now she would probably understand that I was just trying to get rid of her for no other reason than that she was annoying me.

I sighed and slid my computer back into my backpack. I'm Ruby, and I'm not going to spell it although I wouldn't say no if you wanted to write me a check. My plan was to drink my coffee as quickly as possible and get the hell out of dodge.

Back to top Go down

Alexis Jenkins |

Posted on Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:20 pm

I deflated slightly when she rejected my killer buds. The mini-game to make them work wasn't for everyone though. I sort of liked it. It was a challenge and exciting. A mini victory with literal music sounding if you could successfully get through a song. So far the record was three full songs. I was working on my technique and hoping that I could score 4 in a row before the things completely died. I wondered if I was bothering her by the way she responded. Was it the mind reading joke? Probably. When she jammed her laptop back into her bag I frowned a little. Oh... I guess she did want to get out of here my bad...

I lit right back up as soon as she rolled with my check joke. "Ruby...like the gem or the big white rabbit from the little children's show. You probably don't watch it though. It used to be all the rage with kids I babysat. The littler bunny was always my favorite. he never spoke much so I guess that's kind of ironic, huh?" I watched as she downed gulps of her coffee. "Y'know it's really not good for your throat to down things like that. Not like coffee is really good for anything, especially if you get like flavor shots." I fiddled absently with my mostly full cup, recalling all the facts I knew about coffee. Maybe Ruby liked fun facts? My aunt always did and she had black hair just like this chick. "Speaking of flavor shots, did you know that the natural flavor in some vanilla extracts is actually fluid leakage from a beaver's anus? I guess you could count that as a 'natural substance' but certainly not healthy at all." I stopped and evaluated my sentence.... Okay. So maybe that wasn't the best fact to share to make someone stay and finish their coffee, but I was under pressure! It's all I could think up on the spot!

Back to top Go down

Ruby Schaffer |

Posted on Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:06 pm

This girl. Was she even speaking English? People think computer programming is hard but it made more sense than this girl did. I gave her my name and she started talking about a white rabbit? The only one I could think of was in Alice In Wonderland but I didn't think that was what she was talking about, and honestly I couldn't really bring myself to care.

Nah. Coffee's great for loads of things. For example, it was supposed to be keeping me nice and alert and productive. If I got on a roll I could go several hours without moving and accomplish loads of work which would later translate into cash, and I like cash. But now this girl, I guess she wanted to be called Lexxy, was standing between that and me, and the best way to get rid of her was to leave myself. And now she was spouting off that info they tell you to make you feel amazed or something. I rolled my eyes, Please, every substance in the world has been some other much more disgusting substance at one time or another. It's the law of the conservation of mass. Your biggest problem is not what came out of some beaver's ass. Trust me.

The end was in sight, I could see it in the shrinking amount of coffee remaining in my cup. My phone buzzed and I pulled it out of my bag. I checked the notification and then made a double-take before unlocking my phone. Sure enough, it was a text from the guy who lived across the hall from me letting me know that the internet had gone out (fucking again?) and that the super said that it probably wouldn't be back until tomorrow.

I groaned inwardly and glanced across the table at Lexxxxxy (why was more than one x even necessary?) Look, I really need to get some work done and it turns out that I can't do it at my apartment so if you could chill that'd be great. It came out a little harsher than I'd intended, but fuck I wanted that money and I didn't want some girl who couldn't keep her mouth shut stopping me. She wasn't even that cute.

Back to top Go down

Alexis Jenkins |

Posted on Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:48 am

Thank goody goodness... My beaver fact didn't freak her out. But come to think of it, she was right. Yucky. Like... I had seen that picture of purple-y goop that McNuggets came from. Icky, but not quite enough to keep me from eating them. The human stomach is an amazing thing. But you drink one bottle of wine and suddenly it's having a problem. Beaver butt is fine but heaven forbid I drink rotten grapes. Oh well. Wine was gross tasting anyways. Hrmm. "That's true. Sometimes it's much easier to just eat and not think, I guess." I swirled the quickly cooling liquid in my cup before taking a big gulp. Ew. Luke warm... I cringed and couldn't help but assume this is what vanilla extract tasted like early stages.

I watched curiously as Ruby groaned at her phone. Listening intently as she explained she was supposed to be working. "Oh! Sorry! Yup. Hush-ing now." I peered around the cafe and bit my lip, I couldn't jest sit in silence could I? It just seemed so boring, and it wasn't a realistic way to get to know someone you had just met. Maybe little relevant questions would be okie doke? Yeah, that sounded right. "So...Umm.. What you working on?"

Back to top Go down

Ruby Schaffer |

Posted on Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:23 pm

I'd never been bothered much by what my food was made of. It seems like there's always someone trying to scare you with some fact like "OMG there's dihydrogen monoxide in your food!" The truth was, everything was pretty much made up of a few basic elements - it didn't matter if your food used to be anal leakage, it wasn't anymore and it wasn't going to hurt you (at least for the most part). I don't worry about it too much. I wasn't even sure why the girl was drinking it if she was so worried about anal leakage anyway. I knew what was in my cup - coffee, water, and lots and lots of sugar. It wasn't good for me, but nobody could tell me that they'd pulled it out of an ass.

For what felt like the millionth time I took my computer out and opened it up with the intention of finishing what I'd started. Maybe 30 seconds in I heard the girl's voice from behind the screen. I'm helping a company with computer security. I said, without looking away from what I was doing. Hopefully the answer would satiate her curiosity and my body language would tell her that maybe it was best if she would just be quiet for more than a minute.

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics