setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[OPEN - 3] Ladylike

[OPEN - 3] Ladylike

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[OPEN - 3] Ladylike

Alexis Jenkins |

Posted on Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:18 am

Thread Details

Cloudy with a Cold Breeze |
1:00PM

OOC Message

This was it. Everything suddenly felt so real... Was I really doing this? I knew my family had thought the same. So maybe it was impulsive, maybe it was risky but that was what life was for right? We're all going to die someday and I certainly wasn't about to spend one moment of my life with my head in a career that probably wouldn't hire me until I was like 40 or something. 40 was old, and I'd much rather be one of those bad ass grannies covered in tattoos and bungee jumping on the news. Much more my style. Not some desk receptionist. Sooo did not have the nails for that. I distractedly picked my stubby little nails at the thought. How did women even keep them that long? How did they like... throw a football or pick their nose? Okay... so maybe I'm not a lady.

I shook my head. Off topic. I was supposed to be getting used to the town. I'd be lucky remembering my own house if I kept my brain on this random track. I stopped where I was, pausing my phone and pulling the little buds out of my ears. Looking around briefly I smiled as I eyed up a coffee shop down the road. 'Uncommon Grounds' I laughed a little longer than totally necessary at the pun. Kinda cute... sounded like my sort of place. I shoved my headphones and phone in my purse quickly as I marched up to the shop. The door opened and the flood of pumpkin, icing, and vanilla flooded my senses.

Not. Fair... I was supposed to be dieting... my thighs couldn't take any more of these festive fall cookies. It wasn't even September yet! Why did the need to whip out the pumpkin spice so fast?! Screw it! You only live once, right? Besides, that whole huge ass thing was in; Kim Kardasian, Nicki Minaj, all that B.S. right? Maybe if I got my cheeks fat enough they'd pay me for it. Now that wouldn't be a job I'd not mind getting into.

I rubbed absently at my widening thighs as I politely asked the barista "Pumpkin Spice Latte, please? Medium?" she nodded and bubbly enthused about how we should be expecting rain soon. I peeked out the window before politely agreeing. Clouds meant rain, I guess. That's about all I knew about whether. I eyed up the sugary sweets on display as she turned away... "Ummm... Miss?" I waited for her to turn around before pointing sheepishly at two sugar cookies with little pumpkin faces and Chocolate chip eyes. She smiled and nodded before bagging the treats and passing me my order. A swipe of my credit card and I quietly walked to a table in the corner of the coffee shop.

Back to top Go down

Re: [OPEN - 3] Ladylike

Ruby Schaffer |

Posted on Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:05 pm

OOC Message

I was sitting in the corner Index's main coffee shop with an empty mug of coffee and my computer sitting in front of me, thinking. A big company in Seattle had contracted me to do some work for them for a pretty good wad of cash, but the job was proving to be harder than I'd originally expected. I could pull it off, obviously, but it was going to take another cup of coffee or two and maybe an excellent playlist or two. I started to dig through the chaos in my bag for my headpohnes, but after a few minutes I opted to refill my coffee before making a really in-depth search. I stuffed my laptop into my bag (I don't like to just leave it sitting out with noone to protect it), but left my bag under the table to mark the territory as mine.

I carried my mug up to the counter and got in line behind a red-headed chick who was investigating the baked goods. I rolled my eyes at the offerings of various fall-themed cookies. Jesus Christ, it's still August. They really need to chill the fuck out. I commented to no one in particular.

When it was my turn I handed the barista my mug and waited for her to refill it before heading back to my seat only to find it occupied. My backpack was still underneath the table but it had either gone unnoticed or ignored and the redheaded chick who'd been in front of me in line was sitting in my seat. She was eating some of those pumpkin cookies I'd seen earlier and was even drinking something that smelled like pumpkin and I was reminded why cafes did things like this - money. They'd done this as a promotion and it worked. Consumerism for the win... or, uh, loss, depending on your perspective.

As a very classy and professional person I carefully selected my words when telling aformentioned woman to vacate my prized corner table. That's my spot, yo. I can be quite tactful when necessary. I gestured absently to my backpack and things sitting inches from the woman's feet.

Back to top Go down

Alexis Jenkins |

Posted on Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:42 pm

I nibbled absently on the pumpkin face of my cookie. What if food could actually feel you bite it? Hmmm. Would that make me a monster? Like... if no one knew but me did that like mean I was a secret monster... Double-Boo-Seven... Geez. My jokes were starting to make me want to groan. Poor mom. If she thought me not being married was totally my choice. Nah, no one wanted to look into this delusional mess. Good ridden, too. Who wanted a bull when you got the meat for free right?

I slipped the lid off my latte and swirled the foam around with the corner of my left over cookie, a brief moment of disappointment crossed me when the corner fell off to dissolve into pumpkin flavored oblivion. I took a quick bite out of my cookie and sucked on the piece of dough before chewing. I cringed a little at the sweetness. Almost too much for such little cookie. I suppose the mass amount of sugar they dumped on this was how they justified the three dollars per a cookie.

I jumped slightly, catching myself and remembering the coffee in my hand before I made a complete fool of myself. Huh? What in the hell... why did she think she-- oh. I stopped myself when she gestured to the things on the ground. Those definitely were not mine and based on the way my foot was in the middle of the little loop her bag straps made on the floor she had so not snuck in while I wasn't paying attention. I grinned nervously, blushing a little, "Popular table, I guess." That was a stupid thing to say. "Sorry. I don't really think. My bad." Okay so the more I spoke the more I was not saving face. Annnnnnndddd.... my ass was still in this chair. Also not a winner of a move. I got up nervously and looked around. Good news! One empty chair.

Bad news.

It was on the other side of the table this chick was claiming.

I half pondered the idea of crouching on the ground to finish my snack and coffee. One cookie down; one to go. "If I told you I could keep super quiet would I  be able to sit there and I'll not sit here again...?" I asked, pointing to the other side of the table.

Back to top Go down

Ruby Schaffer |

Posted on Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:19 pm

By the way the girl jumped you would've thought I was a monster or something. Maybe she was just hopped up on sugar or something. Not that I could judge - I took a few metric tons of sugar in my coffee without batting an eyelash. Still, the poor girl had this air of excitability that reminded me of one of those chihuahuas that never stops shaking even though it's unnecessary and a little weird. I waited for the few moments that it took for her to figure out that I wasn't lying and get up before slumping into the seat myself.

I guess I'd just expected for her to leave or something - I didn't really know why anyone would spend anymore time in a public space than they absolutely have to, especially after they've just been embarrassed. Hell, the only reason I was here was because the coffee maker I'd bought in a garage sale some time ago had finally conked out after several years of faithful service (RIP Cuppy) and I had yet to find a suitable replacement. But evidently this girl did not give up, and now she was asking to sit at my table. I glanced around the cafe and realized that it was surprisingly popular, considering it was 1 in the afternoon. Perhaps this was a popular time to take a lunch break?

I didn't want to talk to the girl, but I'm not an asshole and I generally like dogs (although chihuahuas are certainly not my favorite breed), so I waved her into the seat with one hand before turning to pull my computer back out of my bag.

I took a moment to think about what I'd been doing before I'd gotten up to refill my coffee. Right - headphones. I rifled through the backpack but came up empty-handed. I rolled my eyes and finally fixed my gaze on the redhead opposite me. Hey, you got a pair of headphones I could borrow?

Back to top Go down

Alexis Jenkins |

Posted on Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:57 pm

I took a deep breath expecting to be shot down but smiled like a bubbly little idiot when she let me stick around. Woo! I wasn't a total ass yet. I sat down and watched the girl on the other side of the table riffle through her bag I had almost just been stomping on. Headphones... ah. that seemed like a fair idea... Maybe I was an ass, or she didn't believe I could keep my mouth shut... or maybe she knew me through someone who told her I couldn't. They were probably right, but I can try really hard and do my best right? that counts and shit.

"Ummm...." I shuffled through my own purse before pulling out my headset. "Here ya' go! Oh! But you have to hold it like this or one bud will just give off static and sometimes you have to twirl it like this if it starts to fade." I demonstrated my pro technique for her before handing the purple string and buds over. "You don't worry about like ear wax, though? Like, what if your ear wax is actually part of your brain and then when you, like, give those back I can hear your thoughts instead of my music from now on? Then I could be like your guardian or a superhero and know when you needed saving or, like, more headphones." I smiled and giggled a little hoping she'd do the same. That or maybe she'd change her mind and tell me to leave. One or the other would probably happen. I spoke way too much all the time and I'm sure it had grinded the gears of more than a few people. Like, this chick was a total stranger... Oh yeah! "I never got your name by the way. I'm Alexis, but you can call me Lexxy. That's with two 'x's and one 'y'. Just in case you need to right my name on a letter or a check."

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics