setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Miraculous Recovery - Page 4

[Private] Miraculous Recovery

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] Miraculous Recovery

Laurel Davis | Human; Citizen

Posted on Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:50 pm

It was starting to dawn on me what Ben was, or at least what he thought he was. The idea that maybe he'd joined a cult was becoming more and more likely. I mean they didn't exist.

Vampires didn't exist.

Right?

I looked into his eyes. His face was inches away from mine. I saw the flash of his fangs as he spoke. Why? I wasn't sure if it was a response to his statement or me begging him to tell me that this was a joke of some kind.

I considered leaving when Ben did. My original instinct had been to run. If he was what he said he was then he could drain my blood, and if he wasn't then he was crazy and needed help. But he'd said he wouldn't hurt me. I wasn't sure if I should believe him, but if he was being honest then he would really hurt me either way.

He returned with a stethoscope, which made me realize that I didn't have mine. Somehow my mind focused on this one particular fact and I found myself staring down at my own body, trying to remember what I had done with it. But my mind returned to the situation at hand. I stared at the one he was offering to me for a moment before taking it from him and putting the eartips in my ears. After a slight hesitation I held up the chestpiece to where his hand had rested moments before and listened.

Nothing.

I heard nothing.

You're a... vampire? Somehow, this was actually happening. Ben was a vampire. It actually made sense, his actions did at least. The way he'd run out and how he didn't want a relationship. Knowing what I did now, I didn't want one with him either. We were more different than I had realized, although apparently he had. And him disappearing, was that when he'd been turned? Oh my God.

Back to top Go down

Ben

Benjamin Reese | Vampire; Infant

Posted on Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:08 pm

There it was, there was my green light. And yet, I almost wasn’t prepared. Even if it was my bleeding heart that instilled some sort of hesitancy in me, I knew I could reverse it. It wouldn’t be hard. It was more a worry that my plan would fail. I needed to talk first, I needed to make sure she was focused on my words while I began my work. I took the stethoscope back, slowly, easily, and in the most non-threatening way possible.

I hope this explains a lot. Why I leave my shift early every night. Why I didn’t join the surgery team. Why we can’t - I looked around, played the sad part of it out. You’ve known something was different. Everyone does, I can hear them talking. I started taking in the room as I spoke, looking for something specific, and I found it in the corner of my vision. Supply cabinet, and as I stepped over to it, I kept talking.

What I need you to know, Laurel, is that even though I am what I am, I can still be in danger. And I am. There are people who can and will kill me. And well, while I can’t change what I am, I said, fishing out what I needed. Just a simple syringe. But the room was dark, and my back was turned to her. She might not ask what I was doing, but I knew she couldn’t see. I’d hope that you understand, I don’t think I deserve that. I opened the package, removed the cap from the needle of the syringe, and pulled the vial from my pocket. I think you could help me, Laurel. I aspirated blood from the tube, replaced the cap on the syringe, and placed them both in my pocket. Finally I turned around to her.

You’re really the only one I can trust. You’re resilient, resourceful, and stronger than you would think. I mean, you made it through med school which requires all that and more, right? I paced slowly back to her, my hand in my pocket. The only thing that I don’t have… is motivation. Motivation to make sure you follow through with what I’m going to ask you to do. I started to hesitate, but I realized it was now or never. With my quick movements, I pulled the syringe from my pocket, tore off the cap, and injected through Laurel’s clothing and into her abdomen.

You remember where that came from, don’t you? Our patient downstairs. And you know just as well as I do, you’re not in imminent danger from death, but you have at least one of a slew of incurable diseases. But if you do what I ask, and you’ve seen it firsthand, I can cure you. I spoke, and then braced myself for the tornado that was soon to follow.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:25 pm

I nodded as he spoke. All the pieces were falling into place. There was still a part of me that was incredulous. I mean vampires... vampire were evil? They drank people's blood? Did Ben drink blood? I shivered at the thought. The image of his fangs ripping into his own flesh filled my mind. How many faceless people's necks had those same fangs ripped into?

I felt dizzy. I stepped toward the chair that Ben had been sitting in and leaned on it with one hand while the other went to my head. I just... I need a minute. I said to my feet. I could hear Ben moving, but I wasn't focused on what he was doing. I was focused on what he was.

Why? ... Wha- What do you mean? His words didn't make sense. People wanted to hurt him? He was a vampire, surely he was much more capable of helping himself. I was a human, and a human who hadn't even known about vampire until literally seconds ago.

Trust me for what? I was beginning to actually try and process what he was saying, but it wasn't making any sense. I couldn't tell if my brain had just decided to stop functioning properly.

He was acting really strange. Like beyond behavior that could be explained by his vampirism. He was being weird and vague and it was making me uneasy, like surely if he couldn't even tell me directly what he wanted from me then it couldn't be anything good.

Ben. Just tell- I stopped midsentence and looked down at Ben's hand. I couldn't quite understand what was happening. I stared openmouthed at the syringe in his hand. Then I looked back up at him with tears streaming down my face. What-what did you do? The words were difficult to get out as I sucked down breaths and tried to stay in control. I crumpled into the chair, Why? I stifled a sob, What did I do to deserve this? Another sob racked me and I buried my face into my hands. Why does he get a second chance, and I don't?

Back to top Go down

Ben

Benjamin Reese | Vampire; Infant

Posted on Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:00 am

I removed the syringe and threw it behind me on the floor, then knelt down in front of her, cupping her face with my hands, looking into her eyes. It’s okay, Laurel, it’s okay. You’re okay. Remember, I can fix this. For the desperate, drastic move I’d just done, my tone was soft, comforting, hopefully soothing. Oddly happy. You don’t deserve it, Laurel, and I’m sorry, but.. I’m not asking much. And think about it, anything else that might have been wrong will be healed too. This will be a good thing, if you just do what I ask. I finally let go, I stood up, rubbing the back of my neck, and now stream of regret was flowing in. How did this guarantee she would help me? She was smart and resourceful, just as I’d said, and now I’d given her information that… really any other vampire could cure her. All I’d really done was burn any bridges I’d had with her.

You’re going to be pissed at me, but just wait, It’s not that bad, Laurel, it’s not that bad. And you’ll be mad at me for a while, you’ll be in shock. I’ll go back downstairs, tell them you had to leave. You’re not feeling well. I’ll cover your patients.

I paced around the room, now nervously. Where the hell did this stupid idea come from? Desperation?

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:31 pm

I did not want to look at him. I did not want to see him. Not anymore. I did not want to think about his fangs or the fact that he was a vampire or that he had just signed my death warrant. I didn't understand why he was trying to comfort me when he was the one who had done this to me. If he wanted to comfort me he should save me, not tell me that it was OK. Couldn't he see that it wasn't? And not only was it not, but it was his fault that it wasn't.

I wiped away my tears and looked into his eyes with as much intensity as I could muster, You're not sorry. If you were sorry you would fix this. I was angry now. Angry and sad. My voice was shaking with my tears and cold with anger. I should have left when I had the chance. I shouldn't have fallen for his lies. But I did.

Why was I such an idiot?

It's not that bad? I don't even know what you want from me! Of course I'm not feeling well - you did this to me. Now I can see why people want to kill you... you're- you're a monster. A second round of sobbing came on and tears were running down my face. I wanted to leave, but first I wanted Ben to fix me. Or better yet to wake up from this nightmare. I just wanted this to end.

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics