setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Miraculous Recovery

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ben

Benjamin Reese | Vampire; Infant

Posted on Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:06 pm

Thread Details

Index General Hospital | Light Rain | 12am Night Shift

The CT scan was back on the man in bed 29. His family brought him in because his words were mixed up, and he’d been complaining of a headache for the last month or so. I’d had a feeling, and honestly, I thought I could smell it too. Maybe I was nuts, but… There wasn’t an ounce of surprise when I saw the tumor. There wasn’t really sadness either. Almost a hint of jealousy, but I kicked myself not long after. I’d not been around long enough to hate life. I’d not done everything I wanted to do, and even though I was currently in a bit of a tight spot, I was smart, and I was going to figure it out. With or without Gayle.

I was starting to get used to my senses, at least mostly, and I was beginning to even be able to pick up on certain trigger words… or names. Maybe I’d had a momentary lapse, not picking up that the guy’s tattoos were from a sharpie. I wasn’t sure what else I could have missed, and I kept going over that night to try to figure out where I’d gone wrong, how I’d been so clumsy. I’d even written a few texts to Noelle, hoping that as my maker she would have some advice, but I’d erased them before I hit the send button. I was smart, I could do this my own way, without help from women who thought they were hot shit. Women who thought they had power over me. I didn’t want any favors, because I didn’t want any debt. If I did this the right way, I would owe nothing.

I heard her voice, and was surprised that she was working another night shift. After everything that had happened, intentional or not, Dr. Davis had successfully avoided me. There was no way she would avoid me tonight. It was a slow Sunday night, and after I broke the news to the family of bed 29, I would have absolutely no patients. I’d discharged one 32 year old who’d had one too many energy drinks, and admitted a COPDer. Bed 29, if everyone was in agreement, would be sent to a larger hospital in Seattle.

I tapped my pen on the desk, straightened my lab coat, anything I could do to prolong giving the bad news. I was in way too good of a mood now that I’d heard the voice of Dr. Davis.

Back to top Go down

Re: [Private] Miraculous Recovery

Laurel Davis | Human; Citizen

Posted on Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:37 pm

OOC Message

I flipped through the chart of a patient of mine who'd been admitted after having a heart attack. He was doing well and it was a quiet night in the hospital, which was good for me. I was tired and had been up and going since I'd gone to church that morning. I generally tried to get some sleep before a night shift like this one but every time my head hit the pillow another thing that I had to get up and deal with managed to pop up. If it wasn't a frantic phone call from my mom about my nephew's nosebleed (she isn't the most subtle of people) then it was my neighbor wanting me to join in some campaign to get rid of another neighbor's dog (it was difficult to explain that this was ridiculous without coming out and telling him it was ridiculous). And those were just the beginning.

What is more, by some miracle this was the first time since our last chat in Kim's office that we were on the same shift. Maybe it was that I'd been picking up fewer night shifts since the incident - it hadn't been him specifically as much as I felt that it would be better if we didn't exasperate things and I didn't really need the extra money. I was just trying to do what was best for both of us. I'd decided that if our paths crossed tonight I would be professional and polite as one would expect one doctor to treat another, because that was what we were - doctors.

The heart attack patient didn't need anything from me so I decided to make a quick detour to the coffee machine before finishing up some paperwork or maybe just taking a nap or maybe I'd just skip the coffee and the paperwork and head directly to the nap because honestly it was slow enough that I could probably do that. Of course, it was as I was walking and trying to make a decision that I happened upon Be- Dr. Reese. I stuck to the plan, of course, and gave him a polite nod.

Back to top Go down

Ben

Posted on Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:51 pm

Doctor Davis, I nodded back, my eyes wide and bright with beaming happiness. I couldn’t wipe away the smile, and obviously, I couldn’t keep myself from greeting her. It’s been way too long. At this point I’d toned down the excitement, just in time to keep myself from seeming… creepy. Hard to do when you’re a literal vampire, but I felt like I pulled it off rather well. At least when I’d recently fed.

”Oh, Laurel, I thought to myself, ”What is it, why is it you?” But I wasn’t really asking myself why it had to be her. She was smart, resourceful, and she came the closest to knowing what I was, other than Sofia. I didn’t know enough about Sofia, and I had other uses for her. No, Laurel was too headstrong, but that was why I needed her now. Was I using her? Absolutely. But I was taking care of my problem without that crazy, senile barbie ancient. I had to prove that I could.

How are you? How’s your patient load tonight? I looked around me at the quiet unit. It appears you’ve chosen a good night to work. Maybe I was too casual for what had went on between us, which my opinion, wasn’t quite enough. There was still a part of me that wanted to see what that lab coat looked like on my floor, and I knew after tonight I’d ruin any chances of that happening whatsoever.

Back to top Go down

Laurel Davis | Human; Citizen

Posted on Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:05 pm

It has been a while, hasn't it? I hadn't really planned on actually speaking to him. I felt it that it was important to ignore what had conspired between us and by ignoring him I would be acknowledging that I had a reason to, thus ignoring him would be counterproductive to my actual goals. At least, that was what I told myself. In truth, I'd liked him before, and even though I was angry with him that feeling didn't just stop. He was still attractive and itelligent and I still felt that we had a connection, even if he had seemingly tried to destroy it.

I'm fine and yes it has been a quiet night, fortunately. I suppose I could have told him that I was tired, but I felt that that would spark more deeper conversation which went more in depth and I really wanted to keep things professional. And you? I actually was a little curious how he was doing, perhaps beyond what was normally considered professional, but just because I wanted to be professional did not mean that I was magically going to stop caring and maybe there was a little part of me that didn't want to, which was silly but I think that sometimes a little silliness is acceptable.

Back to top Go down

Ben

Posted on Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:47 am

I made myself comfortable, even though through her returned formality I assumed she wasn’t. I’d make that change. I was in too good of a mood and yet, I really had no idea how I was going to make this happen. Would I compel her? I never liked the idea of doing that, besides I wasn’t really an expert with it yet. Ask really nicely? Right, right, no chance in hell for that. I didn’t feel like waiting was an option. Admittedly the other night I was shown that. The fact that it was possible for me to be tied up in some bible thumper’s basement proved that.

Quiet, but not uneventful. I’m putting off giving some very bad news. I stared at nothing, a relaxed but solemn look on my face. A stark contrast to my earlier excitement to see Laurel. Honestly it kind of cheered me up to see you, I said, immediately followed by that face you make when you realize you’ve said something out of line. The perfect “Oops” face. Sorry, I just mean… Well I’m glad you’re not going to completely avoid me after I made a complete ass of myself. I looked around, then looked back to Laurel, casually. I’m really sorry for that.

And just in time to nip my awkward and unnecessary conversation, Maya, the new unit clerk popped into the room. ”Got a new one, dehydration or something. Whose turn?”
Name?
”Um.. Joseph Wilson? I think? Or Williamson?”
My eyes lit up, and I knew, it was terrible, but it was okay, I knew exactly what to do.
Oh, Dr. Davis, it’s Joe! You know him, don’t you? He’s a regular. He’s got like.. the alphabet. Hep A, B, and C. And maybe HIV? Former drug user, now he’s on dialysis. Red, ruddy hair? Let’s go see him together. You need something to keep you awake, and I need to put off giving my bad news.

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics