setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Open - 1] Sparky's words of wisdom - Page 2

[Open - 1] Sparky's words of wisdom

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Open - 1] Sparky's words of wisdom

Samuel Evans |

Posted on Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:29 pm

This guy must be a legend or something, judging from he reaction. With a name like that, his only calling in life is to be racing cars. Is it that obvious? I grinned, flashing my teeth. This Sparky dude is really something around here. If I had known I would've brushed up on some facts, but I'm sure she would've seen right through that I didn't know what the hell I was talking about. I directed my attention away to the actually racing at hand. It seemed I missed the prior race since a new set of guys were setting their vehicles up. I figured since she knows Sparky and kind of gave me the run down about him if she knew anyone else I could get some dirt on. I turned to her and noticed she had her eyes trained on the tarmac, following her eyes I can only assume she's tailing one of the racers since she wasn't this focused on the last racers. You know the guys?

I can't decide if I regret mentioning my rocky relationship with the hospital. The whole reason I'm even at this drag race shit is to get my mind off of whatever the fuck is happening at the hospital. Yet here I go again, bringing it up. At this point I almost feel as if I bring it up just to make myself feel like complete shit, as a constant reminder that I can't do anything. Believe me, it's not as exciting as you might think it is. It's fucking depressing.

When she states she's in agreement with her dislike of the hospital and reveals her scar, I try and not to lose all of my shit. What the actual fuck. She is the second person I've met in this town that has a ghastly scar on the fucking neck. The guy's from the coffee house was definitely more gnarly looking than her's. Which makes me wonder, after spending the last few months in a hospital and judging by the placement, if the hospital did that to her. I recall seeing a couple patients as I walked the halls with tubes sticking out of their throats. It comforts me knowing that she most likely didn't walk into the hospital with a neck wound. After I left the coffee house that day, I just couldn't stopped thinking about that guy's scar, and how fucking strange it was. Well shit. I wouldn't want to go back either. I looked away to the roaring of engines, afraid I might have been staring and pretended I was interested in the next race that was about to start.

Today might be the day to set aside your dislike for mustangs because right now, that guy is serving his dust on a silver platter for the poor bastard.

Back to top Go down

Claire Trevino

Claire Trevino | Human; Citizen

Posted on Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:34 pm

I grabbed another fry, making sure it was loaded with chili and cheese, crammed it in and chewed, wanting to enjoy it but I was starving and I just… scarfed it down. This time I waited until I’d swallowed before I spoke again. Just a little bit, but the fries totally help your reputation. Really, compared to some of the guys down on the track, I was a newbie too, but I still had felt like I fit in. It was really one of the first places I’d felt like I fit in. I think more than anything, that’s what frustrated me about the whole situation with Chase. I couldn’t just lose my relationship with him. I felt like he’d cut off my ties to the gang.

A lot of them. I was actually racing that green SHO last week. It’s not really.. the most
attractive car, but with the right driver she can own the track.
I scooted forward and attempted to adjust my shorts so that even less of my legs touched the track. I don’t like this side of the fence at all, I muttered.

I took his cue, though, and didn’t ask any more about the hospital. I guess I did it all the time, too, letting your thoughts slip out when it’s something you were trying to avoid in the first place. Obviously, I’d already done it when I’d pointed out my neck.

Oh, don’t worry, I was counting on it. Myself, I’d give that guy worse than dust on that platter. AAnndd that must be the theme of the day, just wearing all your thoughts on your sleeve. But admittedly, I was enjoying hanging out with this guy. I felt no pressure to impress him, no pressure to pretend I was someone I wasn’t like I did with girls at school. To pretend I was actually sorry I hadn’t watched that TV show they recommended yet, to pretend I didn’t just feel.. different.

Maybe it was forward of me, but I decided to do something, and hope to God it wasn’t taken the wrong way.

You have any plans after this? And my only hope for not seeming like the desperate girl on rebound was to try to sound somewhat disinterested when I asked, my eyes still down on the track. If I wasn’t mistaken, I could swear Chase was looking right at me. Dammit, if Sparky told him I was here...

Back to top Go down

Samuel Evans |

Posted on Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:15 am

Well that's comforting. Glad to know that food makes everything better in this town. Even though I basically ordered what everyone in front of me ordered. There were a couple of people who asked about every fucking thing on the menu. Are the hot dog buns gluten free? Do you put butter on the popcorn? Would you also like to wipe my fucking ass? Christ. I took every nerve in my body to not lose all of my shit and bash those people's heads into the counter.

And lemme guess, you're the right driver. There was something that was bugging her. Maybe it was just her dilemma with her shorts, but something tells me otherwise.  Because clearly that poor bastard was definitely not the right driver. - If you don't like this side of then fence, what's stopping you from being on that side of the fence? I'm sure . . . Sparky can give you green light.  For a second there, I thought I forgot the guy's name. If I had, Claire might've punched me in the dick. I can tell he means a just deal to her. So don't mess it up, dumb ass.

I was thankful she didn't ask anything further about the hospital, and I returned the favor. We both acknowledged the fact that we let our thoughts get the better of us and just let them loose. Duly noted. 

My eyes grew wide at her next words. Woah there, bud. You want to let something off your chest? I'm all ears. I fucking knew it. She has beef with that one driver. Oh boy, this just got more interesting. I wonder what theories I could come up with before she hopefully spills the beans. Maybe they both wanted to race today so they decided with a game of rock, paper, scissors, and she lost. Or maybe it goes a little deeper and more intimate. The possibilities are just endless. So of course to square up with my eagerness, I dig another handful of fries, biting them in half and swallowing.

But I try and not to choke on my own fries while processing what the hell she just said. I didn't want to be a total guy and assume she wants to fuck in the back of my car after the races, which I will be a-okay with. Or maybe she wants to grab a beer, and then fuck in my car. But I mean, come on, what else could she mean? Let's get my dick out of the gutter and try to play it cool, and somewhat like a gentleman. I don't. What do you have on your mind? I asked, clearing my throat.

Back to top Go down

Claire Trevino

Claire Trevino | Human; Citizen

Posted on Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:13 am

Food makes everything better everywhere. That’s why we’re having an obesity crisis, right? I did sorta feel like I had a bit of a head start on everyone. Having a body that had been comatose and fed by like… formulated nutrition for however long had me without much meat on my bones. Don’t get me wrong, I was mostly filling out pretty quick, but it wasn’t like I was eating a whole pizza and a two liter of soda every night like some people, at least. I took in plenty of water, and tried to be as balanced as I could be, except when it came to race day.

Maybe, I mean it’s not like I won every race, but god he doesn’t know what to do at all. I pulled my hair back, and let it fall in front of my right shoulder, wishing I’d at least thrown it in a braid or something. I took a minute to gather my words before explaining why I wasn’t over there, and deciding if I really even wanted to bother with it anyway. Oh, I could get back there, I just.. Oh, you know, typical break up shit, I’m sure you don’t want to hear it. There, we had that out of the way and cards were on the table. I was an idiot, I raced one of his cars, he raced the other. Now I want back on the track, but no real wheels to get on there with, you know?

I wasn’t trying to completely bogart his fries, so I decided just one more, right? I took it, hoping I could stay true to my word on that, or else I’d end up owing him a drink or something. And now his reaction to my question had me worried that he seriously had taken such a simple question in the wrong way. Crap. Should I take it back, tell him it was just small talk? Maybe he was actually just choking a bit, and I was being paranoid.

I don’t know, I always make a thing of going out to eat after going to the races, but I guess I’d look weird going by myself, right? Surely those cheese fries aren’t going to hold you up for that long? At least he’d seemed receptive, that was a good sign, right?

Back to top Go down

Samuel Evans |

Posted on Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:52 pm

You'd think he would have learned at least something from you then. I stated before taking a drink from my beer which had now gone to warm, disgusting beer. If there was something I despised even more than the medical system, and I very much loathed the medical system, it was warm beer. I developed this hatred back in college, when I would literally get so fucking wasted off my ass that I would drink anything and everything people handed to me. Warm beer tended to be the majority of what I was handed. It's almost like that one stupid psychological exercise where if someone wants to quit smoking they make them smoke an entire pack, but instead I drank my way to hating warm beer. So I guess it isn't really stupid if it worked on me. But whatever. 

Oh. Oh. I have crossed over into some territory I have no reason to be sticking my nose into, but I knew there was a little something that had been bugging her, and this was that little something. Although I wouldn't really call it little, it seems pretty big, so maybe I should allow her to just let it all out. Or I could be completely wrong and just leave it at that. If any of you two was an idiot, it's him. Because it seemed he definitely lost a pretty kick ass girl. And just like that those words slipped right through my lips. God what the fuck was I saying? If anyone was an idiot now, it was fucking me. Was I trying to make her feel better? A girl I barely even know out of the goodness of my heart?I was not nearly as tipsy enough to be saying shit like that. I shoved a few more fries into my mouth in hopes it would hide my very annoyed face.

After learning that not only was she going through a break up, but also attending the race her ex was racing at, made her question about my plans after the race totally had me certain she wanted a rebound. Which I mean, I wouldn't totally be against. Definitely. You would look like a total loser. I shook my head lightly but flashed her a grin, making her know that I was only pulling her leg. In other words, I would be totally honored to join you on some after racing grub. Since yeah, these cheese fries won't satisfy my appetite for much longer. 

At this point, I had no idea what the hell was going on on the other side of the fence. And I honestly didn't really care. I never cared for the racing aspect, I just loved working on them. So I thought this would be the perfect time to pull out the flask and speed up the process since there was no way in hell I was taking another sip of that warm ass beer. I reach into the overly large front pocket of my pants and pulled out my metal flask, with the initials C.A. engraved on the front. I brought the cap to my lips and tilted my head back, the rich taste of bourbon floods down my throat. I screwed the lid back on and placed the flask on the metal surface between us. Feel free to take a drink.

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics