setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Open - 1] Sparky's words of wisdom - Page 4

[Open - 1] Sparky's words of wisdom

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Open - 1] Sparky's words of wisdom

Samuel Evans |

Posted on Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:41 am

Lead the way. I pushed the basket of chili cheese fries aside and stood up after her. My eyes widened as I tried to find my balance, I didn't expect the bourbon to be kicking in already. Note taken. I trailed behind her, stepping down each bleacher as if I was walking on a thin sheet of ice. Whatever you fucking do Samuel, don't you fucking dare miss a step and fall to your death, I spat at myself. Because I knew if I did, I was going to take Claire down with me. So I needed to keep my slightly intoxicated head in the game. 

It is. I just moved from Seattle so I saw this drag race as a good opportunity to get my mind off some things. You were a bonus. I grinned, walking along beside her. I could've easily blown off the drag race and just to get wasted back home on my couch. But instead I decided to do something I would have never done. So why exactly did I? If my thoughts weren't starting to cluster together, I probably had a reason as to why I showed up at the drag race. Believe me, you won't need to nag me. I'll be there. My grin remained as I nudged her back. Damn she was growing on me.

Once we were allowed into the pits thanks to Claire's charm, I immediately recognized her ex across the way, despite my eyesight beginning to blur. I also recognized the blonde he was playing tongue tennis with. It's always the fucking blonde ones. I can't really make the guy feel awkward and shitty when he has his tongue down that hoe's throat. Thankfully they knocked that shit off before I had time to gauged my eyes out of their sockets, and the blonde just so happened to catch a glimpse of my tall, slender figure in which his eyes followed, and the look on his face was priceless. I kept my narrowed eyes fixed on his, a smirk graced across my face as I draped my arm around Claire's shoulder and pulled her close to me. Now that look on his face was priceless.

Back to top Go down

Claire Trevino

Claire Trevino | Human; Citizen

Posted on Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:30 am

The words were still stuck in my head once we had passed the gate. The right guard had been working, so he practically saw my face, started some small talk and let me through. But.. yeah, I was a bonus? I was never wiping the grin from my face that those words had created. And maybe that was the contents of the flask working on me. I mean, I was starting to feel it, enough that I had to be careful that my words came out right. Damn, articulation could be challenging when you’ve had a little somethin’ somethin’.

I didn’t see Sparky yet, damn, did he leave? Sometimes he did, when they had the grandkids over he could never stay very long. Maybe he wasn’t gone yet - but no, instead, I saw Chase, and now that I was closer, I recognized that she was exactly who I thought she was. Man, how tacky were they? Yeah, I felt something funky in the pit of my stomach, a lot more emotion than I cared to admit, but they were just… going at it. Man, I know even when Chase and I were brand new, we knew the guys didn’t want to see that stuff. That was what the couch was for, right? I wasn’t completely against some PDA, but clearly this girl was bringing out a side of Chase I didn’t know existed. I was still relieved, greatly relieved when they stopped. I started to look around to see if Sparky was still around when it happened. My eyes widened, and admittedly, the movement caused me to stumble for just a second, but Samuel pulling me toward him left me unable to fall. That was a plus, right?

You know what, though? The look on Chase’s face - Yeah… I began to pick up just what Samuel was doing, and I was definitely going to roll with it. My smile spread from ear to ear, and I looked up at him, wrapping my own arm back around him. Juvenile? Maybe. Did I care? Absolutely not. I like the way you think, I murmured, so that I was sure only he could hear. It got even better when Chase basically dropped the blondie from anywhere near his attention span and started toward us. He rubbed his left arm with his right hand while he worked - his tell-tale sign that he was anxious.

”Claire, h-hey, what are you doing back here?”
In case you forgot, these guys have become my friends too. I figured Samuel here might like to meet a few of them. I didn’t lose my grip with him, either. Again, maybe I could blame it on the booze, but I kinda liked how it felt.

Back to top Go down

Samuel Evans |

Posted on Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:22 pm

It was almost too amusing to watch how uncomfortable this guy was. Not only is it awkward to see your newly ex girlfriend out and about, but to see her with a guy who has his arm around her, is the definition of awkward. But did I care? Hell no. Although it seems as if he still does. Why else would he put himself through something like confronting your ex with her possibly new man?

Them and Sparky, Claire has told me a lot about him. Pretty kick ass guy. I grinned and, without thought, softly rubbed her shoulder. Although she hasn't told me much about you. What was your name again? I held back from smirking and cocking my head to the side, it was fucking hard, man. I wanted to make this as awkward for him as possible. 

He shifted his feet a bit before speaking again. "It's Chase and Sparky already left." I said firmly before directing his attention back to Claire. I could sense the softness in his voice. Somebody wasn't too pleased to see me. "But, uh, how've you been, Claire?" My hand dropped from her shoulder to the small of her back as I looked down at her.

Back to top Go down

Claire Trevino

Claire Trevino | Human; Citizen

Posted on Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:18 pm

Looking back, I know now that I wouldn’t have been nearly as chill with this if I hadn’t drink some liquid courage from Samuel’s flask. But I was all smiles, and totally leaning into a guy that I’d only just met. Had it really been just the alcohol that had me so comfortable with him? He was just one of those people that just made you feel like you knew him already, or at least that’s how I’d felt then. And whether those thoughts were romantic or not, it didn’t matter. Yes, I was absolutely enjoying his arm on my shoulder, but him doing it in front of Chase? That was the actual cherry on top. I could call him my best friend right now, and it wouldn’t be far from a lie. That was having your back!

At first, I just grinned and watched the show, and I think Chase didn’t even have a clue how to take it. He looked from me to Sam then back to me, almost guffawing at my confident posture, and now my hand was interlocked with Sam’s hand on my shoulder. What a shame, but I’m sure we could see a few of the other guys before we leave, huh? I said, looking up to Sam. My hand loosened as I felt Sam’s hand move, and my smile widened at where it rested. Man, the man knew how to commit. I’ve been pretty great, Chase. And while I had only been great for the last hour or so, It definitely wasn’t a lie. Seeing him, talking to him wasn’t nearly as stressful or horrible as I’d expected. Man, why were people so hard on rebounds? This was working out pretty darn good so far and it wasn’t even the real thing.

I see things are going well for you, too, unless you count what happened on the track. I didn’t want to sound bitter, so I didn’t bring up the fact that I’d dusted his opponent before, and easily. You’ll get the hang of it, though, I’m sure.

”Yeah, well, my mind was elsewhere,” he said, now looking at the blonde. Finally, she seemed to notice me and sent a smug smile. Yes, that’s right, lady, be proud of your loser. See how much you’re smiling when I finally get a car and dust his ass myself.

That’s nice, I never had that excuse until lately. And I grinned up toward Sam. You know, Sam, I think maybe we should go ahead and go. I’m getting hungry. And bored.

Back to top Go down

Samuel Evans |

Posted on Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:32 pm

I'd be lying if I said we didn't look like a legitimate couple. I'm positive the people among us believed we were, judging by the placement of my hand and now with her hand interlocking mine, hell, even I was starting to believe we were together. It was oddly comforting, and really, really nice. All of this, with a girl I've only known for an hour. If I was smart, I'd take it down a couple notches. If. 

But the fact that we were putting on this show in front of her ex, made it even better. I was worried by wanting to make Chase feel as awkward as possible, that Claire would feel the same. I was wrong, she knew exactly what she was doing. As I watched and listened to her work her magic, I couldn't decide if her sudden confidence was my flask's doing? I'd like to think so, because it sure is doing a number on me. I would not be this committed by practically rubbing my hands over her if I didn't have a bit of alcohol in my system.

When I heard her diss about his shitty performance on the track, I tried to hold in my chuckle but there was no luck. Oh yeah, I'm sure you'll get the hang of it. At least, you know, I paused, trailing my fingertips over the cotton of her shirt. Until Claire smokes your ass. I spoke sternly. 

I completely disregarded his comment about the blonde he was playing tongue tennis with just before we walked up. Trust me buddy, if I made even the slightest gesture towards her, she would practically already be unzipping my jeans.

I couldn't agree more. I returned the grin, being in full awareness of what I was about to do next, I gently pressed my lips against her forehead and kissed her lightly. I warned myself to take it down a few notches if I was smart. If. 

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics