setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Open - 1] Sparky's words of wisdom - Page 3

[Open - 1] Sparky's words of wisdom

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Claire Trevino

Re: [Open - 1] Sparky's words of wisdom

Claire Trevino | Human; Citizen

Posted on Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:52 am

No, his dick is too small already, for him to admit a girl knew something he didn’t, I said, but I quickly covered my mouth. Oh, my god! I’m sorry. I never talk like that! Not that I saw him being the type to care, but I did. I’d been so proud that hanging around men every weekend hadn’t seemed to change that, but maybe I was wrong. But really, did this guy look like he would be offended? It was pretty unlikely.

At this point, I was actually happily distracted from the races, and from looking for Chase like some sort of stalker. I was even more distracted by Samuel’s next comment. I was so surprised, my head snapped to him and an authentic, wide grin spread across my lips. Kick ass? Thanks, I said, cursing myself for never really figuring out just how to smoothly take a compliment. And as much as I wanted to give one back, I was even worse at giving them than I was at taking them. I felt like it always seemed forced. Well, I’m glad you think so, and I’m glad you decided to come keep me company.

My grin only widened, and silent chuckles began to spill when he called me a loser. Alright, and I gotta say, It’s nice of you to help out such a loser like me, I winked. This was exciting. Almost just as exciting as a race, and that's saying something. I don’t know, it wasn’t really common for me to get this kind of attention, at least for a while after I left the hospital. I had looked sick, like a ghost, and I thought it every time I looked in the mirror. I was beginning to get more weight, more color, and really more life. I was happier now that my old life was fading away, and I was losing myself in this one. (And of course I mean that in a good way). And what was great about it was that it changed [i]everything[/ii]. People approached me more, people spoke to me without that weird air of sympathy and caution that I was so sick of.

I looked down at the flask, a bit of hesitation. Even something as small as this seemed crazy, but today - Today was different. Today was cause for this. For stress of a breakup, but also for celebration. Because I was finally beginning to find myself.

Might as well, And I took a swig, setting the flask down and coughing a bit after. Woah. Yeah, I was used to mixed drinks. But it wasn’t long before I felt just a slight tingle in my face, and it was more glue to hold my grin in place. So where do you want to eat? I was actually thinking about Bennigan’s over in Index.

Back to top Go down

Samuel Evans |

Posted on Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:00 am

Well that was definitely not what I had expected to leave her mouth. I don't think I've grinned this wide in ages, the apples of my cheeks were fucking aching, I didn't even know that was physically possible. Don't be sorry. You should talk like that more often! I enthused, clapping my hands together. Yeah sure, it probably wasn't "lady-like" to say shit like that. But I fucking loved it.  Damn. You got some fire in you.

I really fucking hoped Claire didn't hear that idiotic comment of mine and was actually enjoying the meat-head race. I cursed internally at myself when that wasn't the case. Alright, she took the compliment and now this was when we dropped it right? Nope. Her next words made me feel even more fucking weird. Why were they making me feel fucking weird?! They were just words!? It's not like I was just saying that shit in hopes to put a smile on her face, I really thought she was pretty kick ass. So why was I so fucking weirded out all of a sudden? Was it because I was worried she'd think I was coming off flirtatious? 

Of course. You know, us losers have to stick together. The corner of my lips quirked into a smirk and I nudged her side. Alright alright, maybe I was being just a little flirtatious. But it wasn't like my goal was to ultimately bang her, always an option though, I was having a genuine good time just being around with her and being my more kicked back self. I can't remember the last time I was actually this comfortable around a girl. I remember who, just not when.

I broke away from the track to see her take a hit from the flask, and her reaction said it all. You get used to it after a while.   I drank bourbon as if it was water. Sure it ain't good for the liver and everything else, but it gets the job done. The job being me forgetting about all the shit in my life for a few hours before I black out. It definitely got the job done. Oh, I know Bennigan's. Not too far from my place, actually. I'm down to go there. Damn, a hamburger sounded fucking amazing right now. If that's the case, I should probably start easing off the bourbon... But maybe one last drink..

Back to top Go down

Claire Trevino

Posted on Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:33 pm

Why was I so worried about what I said? Why did I care? Who was I going to offend? What had biting my tongue ever gotten me? Of course, I had these thoughts all the time, and from what I heard, Claire before the accident never bit her tongue. Sometimes I think I had felt like that was all that was left of the old me - a bit of modesty, respect, whatever, even though the longer I lived in a world like this the more I seemed to get that all of that was bullshit. One of these days, I’d completely let go.

Hah! Well, I guess it’s about time. It feels good. I had to kind of yell that one, the engines of the two mustangs (that had been geared way too low, in my opinion, though I was no expert) were now working hard to get to the finish line of the race. One was a 69 fastback, black, gold stripe. I think 69? Maybe 70. How Sparky could always tell that shit was beyond me. The other was the kind I didn’t know as much about, those really boxy ones from the early 90’s. To me, they looked so boring, so.. just functional and not threatening at all. Which, then again, that Dart didn’t look very threatening either, but it bit. It really bit.

Right? I grinned, no, I smiled and nudged back, having a brief realization that maybe this side of the fence wasn’t all that bad after all. Most of the time you could hear yourself talk without screaming, and even if the benches kind of sucked, at least I was sitting down, and I was actually forgetting about Chase. Don’t get me wrong, the name would pop in my head, I’d catch a flash of what I thought might have been him, but I just didn’t care. This wasn’t that bad of an idea after all.

Let me guess, your throat builds up like.. a callous? Because that felt like straight gasoline. I paused, narrowed my eyes, and took another drink after him. There goes that fire you said I had in me, huh? Maybe that was a mistake, because I doubted I was exactly tolerant to alcohol, and with the frame of my body, I’d probably be a lightweight anyway. Oh, man, get that stuff away from me before I make even more of an ass of myself than I already have! But yeah, you uh.. you wanna head there now? As thankful as I am for the fries, I don’t think that’s going to quite hold me up.

Back to top Go down

Samuel Evans |

Posted on Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:17 pm

Yeah that sounds about right. I chuckled, and smiled down at her. Nah, I'm sure that fire is still in you. We'll just have to find it another way. I said in a husk tone. After the words came out, and the way they came out, I realized that sounded sexual as fuck. I'd be lying if I haven't already thought about it... Oh for fucks sake Samuel, get a fucking grip. I'm with you on that. I took the flask from her, screwed the top back on and tucked it away into my jeans. I was surprised when she suggested we head out now. This was definitely her scene, so I thought she would want to stick around till the end. But if that means I'm going to get some actual food in my stomach sooner than expected, I'm all for it. But then that reminded me...

Yeah we can go now. But, um... Do you want to say goodbye to Sparky first, before we head out? I asked, rubbing the back of my head. If not that's fine. I said, trying to said uninterested. But I wouldn't mind if you introduced us, since you've spoken so highly of him. I'd love to meet the guy. I really did want to meet Sparky. Not only because of Claire, but there was just something about him I knew I would like. Maybe it was his eccentric trait? But the main reason I was stalling us from leaving quite yet, was because I wanted to meet this small dick ex of hers. Maybe throw my arm around her shoulder and pull her close, or I don't know. Anything to make the poor bastard feel awkward and shitty for leaving Claire, even if that meant making her feel a little awkward... Eh, she'll forgive me and we'll laugh it off later. Right?

Back to top Go down

Claire Trevino

Posted on Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:58 pm

Gas, dude, gas. Get me behind a car. And you know, I think I’m pretty sure my racing career isn’t over yet. Funny, it might have been if I hadn’t ran into this dude. I probably wouldn’t have stuck around as long as I had. I’d just feel awkward once I’d finished my chat with Sparky and left and went somewhere to feel sorry for myself. I felt now like I was already standing back up, and I kind of felt, I don’t know, invincible. Maybe it was whatever kind of gasoline Samuel had in his flask, but hey, whatever it was, was doing the job.

You know, that’s not a bad idea. And maybe I can give you a tour of the pit, since you’ve been so willing to share with my poor soul. I stood up, feeling so much better now that my thighs were no longer stuck to the bleachers. Follow me? I started down the steps of the bleachers and begun the walk along the fence toward the pit. It was going to be a bit of a walk, not terrible, though, and the crowd was actually thinning out which would work to our favor in getting back in the pit section. Depending on who was working, I’d probably be able to get back there without a pit pass or anything.

So, this your first time at the track? I asked, figuring we might as well keep up the conversation. We walked around the diminishing lines of the concession stands, and shit, wouldn’t have been a bad time to get more cheese fries, but now I was looking forward to Bennigan’s like nobody’s business. I think you should um.. give me your number that way I can nag you to root for me when I get my own car to race. I nudged him with my elbow, thinking now that line had been a lot more smooth in my head than it was when it came from my lips. Forward, much? But then again, who came and sat beside a stranger, giving gifts of booze and cheese fries. And I was certainly not complaining.

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics