setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[PRIVATE] I hunger and I thirst - Page 2

[PRIVATE] I hunger and I thirst

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [PRIVATE] I hunger and I thirst

Erika Richards | Army of God; Hunter

Posted on Sat Aug 15, 2015 4:07 pm

Quote Begin We both know you can pay for it on tap,Quote End I put the crude whoring out of a person's blood into such respectable terms, but at the end of the day it was just out. Prostitution of a sort. And the same as regular hookers, the more you paid, the better quality you received. I was hardly an expert on the taste of blood but it seemed obvious to me that it must taste better directly from the source.

I scoffed, but didn't say anything else. Quote Begin Everyone I meet in a situation like this.Quote End I countered. I knew what I wanted, what I was doing, and no amount of small talk was going to create doubts in my mind.

It happened fast, as it always did with vampires, and I gritted my teeth for not having kept more distance. Like I'd said.. it paid not to trust people. Especially vampires.

Quote Begin If you're drinking blood out of bags don't worry about it - you won't be able to afford me.Quote End I quipped back, making a show of trying to struggle with my arms and torso, using all the strength I had to make it as realistic as possible. I wondered if he'd notice I still wasn't fearful. No, the blood pumping dramatically around my veins wasn't sped by fear, but excitement. Anger too, at how Neo had just been thrown to the floor amidst the vampire's attack. He'd pay for that.

I bought one foot up in my attempted struggle, using it to pull my opposite pants leg up with it and revealing a barbed hunting knife secured round the side. Again I used my foot to angle the blade. Quote Begin Maybe you should take your own advice, dickwad.Quote End I hissed back at him, drawing my leg forward and then thrusting it back into his, the silver blade making a wet sound as it hit home into his flesh and then audibly hitting bone. I hit my shoe against the handle to disengage the holster and whirled round in the time it'd take him to pull out the barbed blade or struggle to cope with the pain and weakness that would ensue. While I turned I retrieved my small shotgun from its holster and shed my cotton shirt, revealing thick, tight silver bangles arranged all the way up both of my arms as it fell to the floor.

Back to top Go down

Ásgeirr Haagan | Vampire; Senior

Posted on Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:06 pm

Quote Begin Drinking your blood is not on my to-do list currently. Quote End I obviously shouldn't have underestimated her. As the knife was drawn into my flesh I had no other option but to let her go. My face contorted as the pain shot through my leg and I fell back, not wasting a second before pulling that damned knife out. With enormous speed I threw it, the knife landing in one of the nearby trees with a thud. I was not at full strength. I needed human blood for that.

But I had no intention of killing her. She wasn't worth it and I was sure she would never be able to find me if I fled. Yet my pride kept me standing there. Quote Begin What are your intentions, exactly? Quote End I wondered, realizing I spoke out loud. I eyed her arms. The silver bangles all along her arms proved that she was more experienced than I thought. The thing that bothered me, however, was that she hadn't killed me yet. If she was anything like the hunters I had met before, than she would have done that in an instant. Quote Begin You could have fired that gun multiple times in the last minute or so. Quote End I spoke. Quote Begin Trust me, I counted. Yet you refrain from doing so and I wonder why. Quote End

I took a step forward, making sure to appear as calm as possible, yet the execution felt clumsy as my leg was only healing very slowly. Quote Begin You are a hunter Quote End The corner of my mouth tilted slightly upwards, pasting a smug smile on my face. What did she want? It had to be something or she wouldn't stand there waiting. Quote Begin Don't hunters just kill, no questions asked? Quote End

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:46 am

The thing with many vampires is that so many of them thought they were tricky bastards, always thought they had some trick up their sleeve that no-one else would guess, that humans were so easy to manipulate. And a lot of the time they were right - most humans were pitifully easy to defeat, destroy, or simply escape from. But I wasn't most humans.

I didn't know if this vampire really thought I was dense enough to talk me to a distraction but if he was, for the moment I played along. He was right about one thing though.

Quote Begin I've had more opportunities than you'd know how to count, unless you just so happen to be an expert when it comes to guns. But yeah, let's go with multiple.Quote End I scoffed, making sure never to quite look him right in the eyes. Quote Begin If you want to talk about myths relating to who we are, don't vampires just stick their teeth into the necks of everything with a pulse? Quote End I shot back, rolling my eyes at the ridiculous stereotype.

For a vampire, he was sharp, old too if I'd have bothered to think too much about the implications of his age besides how powerful he was. Some of his kind could just never get over the vampire vs hunter dynamics, never comprehend that I might do anything other than kill them. I'd met plenty of those. I'd met less that were open to talking and making deals - less, but still some, and I while the vampire was wondering about my intentions, I was wondering if I might have actually lucked out in the good for nothing town.

Quote Begin Looks like you've caught up to speed.Quote End I smirked crookedly, taking subtle steps back to keep a certain distance between us. Thanks to his earlier sprint I knew how fast he was - or could be, without the wound on his leg. Quote Begin 'Not common that one of your kind actually wonders. If you wondered a bit more, hey, maybe you could work it out. You don't need a High School Diploma to do it. But let's get to business. Yes, I could kill you, could have done easily by now. But if I did, what do I get out of that?Quote End I gave a little shrug to indicate the emptiness of that figure. There wasn't anything useful with the mess vampires exploded into and anything I might get paid or rewarded with from the AOG was minuscule next to the assets an old vampire could have. Quote Begin And obviously you wouldn't get anything out of it either, not unless all of this is just a ruse because you want me to end your deer-mauling existence. And so, maybe it's just me but that seems a shit deal for both of us. You dead, and me minus a silver bullet. Wouldn't there be much more in it for both of us, if both of us walk away from here?Quote End I cocked my head at him, raised an eyebrow. Quote Begin That's how I see it, anyway.Quote End And how he saw it would factor in on whether he would be able to walk away or not.

Back to top Go down

Ásgeirr Haagan | Vampire; Senior

Posted on Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:24 pm

I ignored her statement regarding stereotypes. Honestly, hunters existed to hunt, to wipe the supernatural race off the planet. Just as much as vampires couldn't exist without drinking the blood of anything with a pulse. There were always exceptions of course. Apparently she was one of them. I could still remember the hunters that were present the night Sophia was murdered. They didn't wait, didn't ask questions. It was done within minutes. Even the times I met them after that, they had not been quite so conversational.

Quote Begin It is actually pretty common that my kind wonders. Quote End I raised my eyebrow. Quote Begin But I'm guessing you never met an old vampire? We do tend to think and wonder a lot more than the younglings do.Quote End I spoke softly, crossing my arms. The wound on my leg was slowly closing, but not as fast as it should have. Deer blood was clearly not as strong as human blood. But of course I already knew that. Quote Begin I have no clue as to how big your reward would be. But considering that I'm not exactly a notorious vampire I'm guessing very little. Quote End

I had never before been in a conversation this long with a hunter. Yes I had seen them, yes I had met them. But never had I actually engaged in conversation. It just wasn't worth it. Yet now, when I could have escaped or killed her so easily even if it proved to be more challenging than other times, I chose to stick around because I was curious. What did she want?

Quote Begin Then tell me... Quote End I started, my hands uncrossing as I lifted them both in the air. Quote Begin What would make this a good deal for you? Quote End Maybe having one of them on my good side would prove to be useful sometime in the future.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:26 pm

Quote Begin Plenty of old. Even an ancient, if you can call being a part of a hunt to destroy them meeting them. I suppose I just don't usually spend my time chatting with too many of you. No offence, but I've probably been doing your kind a favour getting rid of some of them. Some of you use your years to achieve things. Others.. just turn completely batshit after enough of them. But like I said, nothing personal. I get a list, a target, and if it's in my best interest I do my job. But.. you're not the first supernatural I've come to other terms with, not even the first vampire.Quote End I raised one eyebrow at him, feeling slightly more comfortable, hoping he was taking the bait, but still not letting my guard down. Batshit vampires didn't always initially appear to be fucked in the head. Some of them could put up a good show and that was where trusting none of them as far as I could spray their guts with a bullet came in.

Quote Begin I'd call myself an opportunist. And it's not hard to guess what I want. Money. Pretty simple. I take it you have some? Bank balance.. three digits at least? We both know you've been around long enough to hoard some away and you look the part, but considering you're in the woods chowing down on a deer it's not that much of a stupid question to ask, is it? Either way, you'd better hope you have something.Quote End I threw the threat around as if it wasn't, gesturing a little with my handgun. I'd stepped far enough in the right direction to be nearer Neo too, but didn't pick him up yet, just placed my foot very gently over the strap I used to carry him.

Quote Begin - but, before you make your decision. A deal's not a deal if it's not fully worth it to both parties. I've gone over what I think'll be the most likely scenario if you decline - your precious guts exploded all over the woods. But let's say that instead, worst case scenario for me happens and I somehow fuck up and you get out of this alive. You're only going to have some other hunter turn up after you, maybe a few. Maybe even more. Wouldn't it be more beneficial for you if you had some information about hunters and hunts instead, to keep you more.. informed about what's going on around here? Quote End A smirk slowly stretched across my face, my eyes glinting over the barrel of my gun still pointed at the vampire. We both potentially had a lot to lose in the situation but more excitingly.. couldn't we have a lot to gain? Quote Begin It's not every day I meet a vampire that's got more on their mind than blood, and it can't be every day you meet a hunter that doesn't pull the trigger as soon as they catch a glimpse of you. We've found ourselves in this situation, might as well make the most of it.. hm? Quote End

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics