setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[PRIVATE] I hunger and I thirst

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ásgeirr Haagan | Vampire; Senior

Posted on Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:37 pm

Thread Details

Forest | Dry weather | 3am

OOC Message
Outfit: Suit

Everything seemed to have sped up abnormally, leaving the world around me blurred. My senses were scrambled. The sound of a rapidly beating heart  coming to a sudden stop drew me back into the here and now. I was clamping onto still warm fur, blood dripping from the corners of my mouth. The ground beneath me was wet but I was sure it hadn't rained. One glance confirmed it was soaked with the blood of the deer I had apparently just killed. I suddenly felt the age I was as fatigue hit me. Never before had I lost control, not since I was newly turned. Yet here I was, nearly 600 years old and I had fed off a deer like a savage animal.

I turned around and leaned my back against the deer. I ran one of my bloodied hands through my hair and felt a sudden, very real fear. Had I left any more bodies on my way here? Where the hell had I even ended up? It had to be the forest, I could smell the trees, the dirt. In the distance I could even hear a car or two. I wasn't far from the road. With a sigh I took off my jacket. I felt weak somehow. I had to get home and feed on something proper.

Back to top Go down

Re: [PRIVATE] I hunger and I thirst

Erika Richards | Army of God; Hunter

Posted on Sat Aug 15, 2015 2:03 pm

OOC Message
Outfit: Camo pants, black vest top, dark cotton shirt over it with the buttons left open, and combat boots. Hair is messily tied up/plaited to be out of her face.

There was a deranged wolf in the woods, I knew it. Animals had been turning up mauled, injured, dead, with obvious bite marks and there had been an unusual amount of disappearances in the town of recent according to my stolen police radio. The cops wouldn't be able to put the pieces of the jigsaw together even if they had the finished picture in front of them, but I didn't care. If anything their usual shortsightedness only played into my hands. I was enjoying the game of cat and mouse and I'd enjoy plugging the creature with silver when I found it. It was likely the other wolves in the area wouldn't even bat an eyelid if it was one of their kind turned rogue, which I was expecting. Most wolves didn't go around attacking people, or animals. I'd basically be doing them a favour which could also come in handy in the long run.

The problem was that for all I knew the times the wolf attacked were random. It meant more time than I was really happy with was simply spent staking out the forest. I wasn't a tracker, per se, but I'd spent my fair share of time tailing people and I felt sure I was getting close to a sighting. I had Neo at my ready, using what information as to the wolf's whereabouts to try and stay downwind from where it might be, though I suspected I might see the evidence of it on one of it's rampages before it noticed me.

And there it was. The sound of an animal bleating. I slowly made my way towards it, every one of my senses keened onto the location the sound had come from. Slowly, so slowly, one foot after another with a shit-eating smirk on my face, I grew closer, Neo leading the way. The direction the sound had come from was oddly more towards the edge of the forest.

When I spotted the figure, my smirk slowly turned to an intrigued frown. The appearance, the way the animal was wounded, the amount of blood... I couldn't be one hundred per cent certain, but maybe the crazy wolf I was after wasn't a wolf after all. Their attire was a dead giveaway and supported my instinct. No wolves in this part dressed in anything smarter than a pair of ragged jeans.

ither way I was sure that they'd sensed me by now and there was no point in hiding. I stepped out into the small clearing, my gun trained on the creature the whole time. Wolf or vampire, a silver bullet would slow down either one of them.

I grinned widely at them, showing exactly how unafraid I was. Quote Begin I didn't think your kind usually went for deer.Quote End I chuckled, going with my gut and scoffing at the sight of a vampire in such a situation. They were usually such elitist fucks. Quote Begin And I think you've ruined your fancy as shit suit.Quote End

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Aug 15, 2015 2:33 pm

I wanted to get up get the hell out of this bloody forest when I heard footsteps, breathing, a heartbeat. Damn it. I really was in no mood for human contact right at this moment yet life seemed to have different plans once again.

I somehow wasn't surprised when I was met with the barrel of a gun. The girl holding it entering my vision only slightly later. She had the largest grin on her face, as if she needed to show me that she wasn't afraid. She shouldn't have, her heartbeat had already told me that seconds before. I raised an eyebrow. The fact that she wasn't afraid so see a man covered in blood next to the fresh corpse of a deer told me quite a lot. She knew about the supernatural. Maybe she was a hunter. A slight fear crept into me. Did she know who I was? Did she come to finish the job her predecessors started hundreds of years before?

Quote Begin I wouldn't have thought I would be nibbling on a deer tonight either, but life has it's ways. I usually stick to the bagged variety of blood. Quote End I smiled at her and wiped an arm across my lips to get rid of the blood that was still there. I figured it didn't look pretty. Looking down, I was glad the suit was dark. The stains were visible but not like they would be on a white shirt. Quote Begin It's quite a shame, yes, this is one of my favorites.. Quote End

Slowly but surely I got to my feet. Quote Begin But if you don't mind, I'd like you to lower that gun of yours. I won't bite, I promise. Quote End I spoke, keeping my hands up. Quote BeginThe stains won't be hard to get out. A hole, however, might really ruin the suit. Quote End

If she knew who I was, I wondered how she knew where I was. Or maybe it was coincidence. Maybe she had no idea. If she knew, there was no other option than to get rid of her. But something told me that if she knew who I was, she would have killed me right away.

Back to top Go down

Erika Richards | Army of God; Hunter

Posted on Sat Aug 15, 2015 2:57 pm

The vampire's reply only made me laugh more. He surprised me. Of all things I expected to feel when faced with one of the fangers, humour wasn't my first guess.

Quote Begin Bagged variety of blood? You're a civilised vampire, huh? Next you'll be telling me you don't use your powers because it'd be morally unfair to the poor little humans.. Quote End I laughed, taking an easy step forward. I was better able to see his pricey suit, slick and shiny with the wet blood but beneath the mess, had carried a hefty price tag by the look of it. It only made his current situation only more laughable - an apparently 'considerate' vampire ravaging a deer in the middle of the forest. It was most likely he was taking me for a fool and pulling my leg, but either way, I was already conjuring up possibilities from the situation I'd stumbled across. Quote Begin Are you going to be auditioning for a remake of Twilight?Quote End

I stepped closer, pacing around the vampire, circling him, but keeping a relatively safe distance. Neo I kept trained on him. Quote Begin If you don't mind,Quote End I parroted his phrase back at him, Quote Begin I won't be lowering it. Nothing personal.. not even species related. I just find it easier not to trust anyone in this line of work. I admire your optimism though, even if it is misplaced - thinking you'd be around to find the suit ruined after I shot at you. Quote End I chuckled, keeping my gaze on the vampire at all time, the only physical hint of my caution. Quote Begin You'd be better of using that cold brain to think of something to barter with for your life. Or your death. I don't really give a shit about the details. But at the end of it.. it's all about what you're worth. Quote End I stopped walking, moving myself every time I gestured rather than moving my gun, my arm set in place almost robotically.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Aug 15, 2015 3:32 pm

Humour was one of the only things I had left at that moment. I had already lost my dignity in a way and having someone pointing a gun at you gets a little old after a few times. Quote BeginIn a city full of drug addicts, alcohol addicts and all other kinds of unappetizing humans I do appreciate high quality blood. Even if it comes in bags. Quote End I eyed the deer behind me and chuckled, shaking my head in the meantime. Quote BeginThis deer, however, was a little adventurous variation on the usual I guess.Quote End Even if I couldn't remember actually killing the deer, It was the safest to keep talking. I could already feel the strength returning to my limbs.

Quote BeginI am not auditioning for Twilight, no. I guess I am handsome enough if you think I am auditioning, but sadly I do not sparkle. I simply burn. Quote End She was circling me now and I followed her every move. Moving smoothly as I turned with her. She didn't lower her gun, and who could blame her? I was not entirely sure, however, that she made the right decision. Quote BeginAh, so you point a gun at everyone when you first meet them? Quote End

Barter for my life? It was almost laughable. With one raised eyebrow I looked at her. She had obviously never met a vampire before or her heart would have beaten a lot faster. Quote BeginWhat I'm worth?Quote End Now I was laughing. She really thought I would fear her. If she had wanted to make a move she should have done it minutes ago. The fact was that I was much faster than her. A silver bullet couldn't have stopped me now. In a flash I was behind her, locking her arms and upper body with my own. Quote BeginHow about what you're worth?Quote End I hissed. Quote BeginYou should know better than to threaten me. I might not be looking my best and you might not have found me in the most respectable position. But honestly, you should have know better.Quote End

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics