setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Brightside - Page 2

[Private] Brightside

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] Brightside

Samuel Evans |

Posted on Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:17 pm

I shake my head as I rid the ash from my cig and place the cup of coffee back on the surface.  I didn't give her the time to say a word to me, but you don't think I could feel her eyes checking out my ass as I walked out? Besides, I pause so I could intake another drag then exhale the smoke through my nostrils, one of my favorite perks. Blondes aren't my thing...Not anymore, at least.

When it was obvious he was in his own little world, I took this opportunity to observe the man's appearance, seeing if I could pick up anything about him. One thing's for sure, he has a broad build. Sure, I think I have a pretty good looking body, it has yet to disappoint, but he's got more muscle than I do. I mean, I'm definitely taller than the guy, but if shit were to somehow hit the fan and things broke out into a brawl, he could definitely take me down, although he looks like a softy so I don't see that happening, like ever. Since his face was turned to the side, I direct my attention to his plugs, I can respect that, but I couldn't help but notice the very visible gnarly scarring he has going on on his neck. I narrowed my eyes to examine further, my first thought were they were bullet wounds, but if they were he would be six feet under and not serving me coffee. He would've bled out due to the pressure from the carotid artery. Interesting, very interesting. I thought, and break my attention away from his facial region once he has returned on planet earth.

I was taken back by his response, attitude much. Now is that how someone who works at such a fine establishment speaks to their consumers? I cock my head to the side, not trying to hide my already present smirk. But come on, even you know I'm right. Once you start, you don't want to go back. And on that note, I bring my cigarette between my lips. But you know, maybe he will be better at it than I was. The only reason I tried to quit was because someone wanted me to do it for them. Well now that that someone is no longer in my life, fuck it. At least smoking is the only thing that is guaranteed to never leave me, it can only kill me. I knew the instant I heard what came out of his mouth next, this wasn't his doing. It's your girlfriend, isn't it? Making you try to quit and all.

Why does everyone find having just regular black coffee odd? Why ruin such delicious craftsmanship. I'm fine. When I look back up at him, his mind is once again elsewhere. I follow his line of sight, first it directs to the family, showing no sign of leaving, then back into the coffee house. But when I look from the corner of my eye, I catch the smallest glimpse of the counter chick making signals to him. I let out a groan of annoyance and kick the chair in front of me. Sit. Clearly that family isn't going anywhere anytime soon, and I'm sure you don't want to go back inside to her interrogating you, so take a load off.

Back to top Go down

Lenny Tronconi | Army of God; Hunter

Posted on Sat Aug 15, 2015 5:35 am

I shrugged, not interested in talking about Cara but more wary of the guy, watching him out of the corner of my eyes. Quote Begin I've never preferred blondes.Quote End I kept my expression guarded, my gaze flitting from the smoke when the man breathed out, to his eyes, trying to suss him out. I never trusted anyone these days, regardless of whether they could be a vampire. What if they were something else? This guy was sitting out in the bright sunlight though, so he had that going for him at least.

My eyes narrowed at his smirk and his taunt. Quote Begin Uhh.. you mean customers, right?Quote End I snorted back at him, a tempting semi-friendly fuck off on the tip of my tongue. He was right, I shouldn't have been speaking to any customers like that, and as much as that reminder annoyed me, it was also a reminder. Anywhere else I'd have flung a curse at him but I had to remember that he could just turn round and make a complaint at me. It'd taken me long enough to wrangle this job - I wasn't going to throw it away just like that. I watched him cautiously and for once managed to hold my tongue. Quote Begin And it's not that I don't want to smoke, anyway.Quote End Want had nothing to do with my battle with quitting smoking.

Some of my guard dropped and I scoffed at what he said next, amused and then confused.. Quote Begin What? I never said I had a girlfriend?Quote End I replied, frowning at him and wondering where he'd got that idea from, Quote Begin I mean, I don't. Have one. It's health shit.Quote End I admitted, once again dragging my eyes from his cigarette. It was so tempting, so easy to stare at and be mesmerized by the movement of it to and from his mouth.

Quote Begin You're sure?Quote End My nose wrinkled in disbelief and I pushed further before shaking my head, dropping the matter. It was the guys loss if he didn't want anything else. I looked round the small outside seating area at the front of the shop and only glanced back to the guy when he spoke up. My gaze found the seat, then him again, and I raised one eyebrow. Quote Begin I'd sit if I wanted to sit. But I'm at work, I've actually got to do stuff.Quote End Or at least look like I was doing stuff. I stood aimlessly, wondering what exactly I could do to look busy, when a familiar face approached.

Quote Begin Hey, Lenny. You want your break?Quote End Kate walked up, uniform a replica of mine minus my sneakily worn jeans, her bad under an arm and as usual, a smile on her face. Quote Begin I didn't know it was that time yet.Quote End I admitted, squinting against the sun to face her. Kate checked her watch and nodded at me. Quote Begin Sure is! If you wanna stay out here I can bring a drink out to you after I've apron'd up. A frappe?Quote End I nodded, knowing Kate knew what I liked, and she continued walking, passing through the door and into the shop.

After the unexpected encounter I stood, still feeling a little lost, and then glanced back at the guy, remembering his offer to sit. Or order, it had seemed more like. It actually irked me that I was going to sit, simply because he'd told me to, but I tried to push the feeling aside, especially as another couple had taken the last remaining table outside and there was nowhere else to sit. It didn't stop me feeling stupid after my rant about working but I figured standing around was only even more stupid. I took the chair the guy had kicked, re-positioned it and sat down, refusing to acknowledge the coincidence, or even the guy at first. My fingers tapped on the table, void of something else to do without a drink, snack or.. cigarette to occupy them, and my gaze, which I tried to keep pointedly off of him, found his cigarette again. I hastily looked away and removed my hands, only to started chewing at my nails instead. If there was one thing smoking had done it was shorten my already barely existent nails.

Quote Begin So..Quote End I started, otherwise feeling that the silence, though fleeting, was awkward. I glanced across the table at the guy. Quote Begin Some girl turn you off blondes or something?Quote End I said through my fingers, biting at a short piece of nail that was still longer than the rest.

Back to top Go down

Samuel Evans |

Posted on Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:38 am

My lips set in a firm line as I breathed in deeply at his remark, taking everything in me to hold my tongue instead of causing a scene and possibly getting lugged away for some public disturbance bullshit. But it's not like I'm entirely wrong. I've been in his shoes before, I know how the restaurant industry worked, and it fucking sucked. I can't remember how many times I was on the brink of freaking out on customers, until I finally did which didn't end so well for me. Then you have the issue of customers either tipping you not enough, or not fucking at all. As much as I hated it, I learned a valuable life lesson; people are fucking assholes. 

I didn't think I had to know if he had a girlfriend if he made it sound like someone was forcing him to quit. I mean, I'm sure his parents could be the culprits in this one. I know mine have tried to get me to stop for years. But then I realized his was worse, much worse. Nothing says fuck you more than your body rejecting something that helps relieve the stress, pain of everyday life and just pure enjoyment and pleasure.

Believe me buddy, if I wasn't sure I wouldn't have asked. I'm still shocked I did ask him, well, more like told him. Now I'm just hoping I don't regret this decision later.  If you haven't noticed already, I'm a bit of a lone wolf. I replied, flicking the ash off on what little remained of my cigarette. At this rate, if he does join me, I really hope I have another because I have a feeling this could be awkward. Oh, you've got stuff to do? Well for the last ten minutes, you've done nothing but stand there talking to me. I exclaimed. If he really didn't want to sit down, all he could do was say so, the little feelings I have left won't be hurt.

The sound of a female voice alarmed me, it didn't sound like the girl from the counter and was at ease when I finally got a look at yet another cute barista. Who would've thought the local coffee house was the newest hot spot for picking up chicks. I couldn't help but let out a chuckle when I learned he was now on break. How fucking ironic. Looks like he doesn't really have a choice now but to sit with me...And what the hell is a frappe?

I shot her a smirk as she walked back inside, then looked up at him and cocked my head to the side. Break, huh? God I was loving this, maybe a little bit too much. To see all his options practically slipping out of his fingers, only made that chair across from me look more and more comfortable. He and I both noticed as a couple snatched the last remaining table. What a fucking coincidence. My smirk turned into a grin as I slouched back into my chair. You might as well just take a seat already. My eyes followed him as he finally sat his ass down. But just as I predicted before, this was going to be fucking awkward. This guy was showing all signs of weakness to my cigarette. Did I feel sorry for the guy? Sure. But enough to put down my cig? Nope. Although that changed the second he started chewing on his nails. Yeah nope, not happening. Okay fine. I'll put it out. Just, cut that shit out. Nothing grosses me out more than seeing people bite on their nails. I took in one last, slow drag before dropping the bud and with my heel putting it out. I let out a sigh along with the last smoke cloud. 

What on earth could me and this guy possibly talk about. Part of me wanted to mention the scarring on this neck, because that shit looked like it hurt as fuck. But maybe not as a conversation started, so maybe asking him how long he's worked here will suffice. Just before I opened my mouth to speak he spoke up before me, but definitely not what I was expecting to hear. Not like it's any of your fucking business. I growl, my hands balling up into fists. This guy has some nerve to be crossing into this part of the red tape. But I mean, it's not like he knew that was a sensitive subject of mine. I take a deep breath before speaking again. Yeah...Something like that.

Back to top Go down

Lenny Tronconi | Army of God; Hunter

Posted on Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:30 am

Cara, I decided, had a weird taste in men. And this man might have had good taste in cigarettes but everything else about him so far was also really fucking weird.  Quote Begin Uhh... okay. Quote End I side-eyed him, Quote Begin Lone wolf? What's that? I mean, you're not.. an actual wolf...?Quote End I trailed off, suddenly cautious. What if he was a wolf? It was possible as far as I knew, not having met one before. I shuffled my chair away slightly, trying but failing to be subtle and only looking up to shoot him an unimpressed glare. Quote Begin I bought your drink out and talked to you, that's fucking work. Customer service and shit.Quote End I argued back, not actually giving much care for customer service beyond what I felt obligated to do for Mary-Ann. When she wasn't around it was very easy to forget it existed at all. Quote Begin Most customers aren't rude as fuck either.Quote End I muttered to myself. Why was it that the one time I actually spoke to someone they were only an ass back?

My hands were itching for something to do and I was really hoping Kate would appear with my drink sooner rather than later. I almost zoned out, staring at the dissipating smoke, when it suddenly disappeared and the cigarette was thrown on the floor. Quote Begin Huh? What? Shit, you don't have to put it out, I didn't say anything or ask you to. If you can smoke then.. do, I don't fucking know.Quote End I didn't want to admit that I was already missing the smell because it sounded pathetic. Quote Begin And cut what out?Quote End It couldn't have just been me, the guy obviously had issues. I leaned further away for him, tapping my fingers against my leg and wondering where the fuck Kate had got to.

It was getting harder and harder to ignore the guy's rudeness, reminding myself of Mary-Ann and how disappointed she'd be, what it had been like to not have a job and endless other things to stop me throwing the guy's coffee over him. Quote Begin I was only fucking asking.Quote End I muttered darkly, tempted to either move myself or move him.

Kate finally saved me by making an appearance. My eyes lit up when she not only set down a Frappe Latte but also a plate with two gooey chocolate chip cookies, my biggest weakness.

Quote Begin They need to be eaten by today anyway and we've got a rack full of them.:Q2 She winked at me and disappeared back into the shop, leaving me in such a state of awe that I didn't have time to say thanks.

I blinked out of it when the smell of the warmed cookies wafted under my nose. If I wanted to eat them warm, when I thought they tasted the nicest, I had to start soon before they cooled too much. I grabbed four of packets of sugar and ripped them open, poking a whole in the whipped cream of my frappe and depositing the sugar through it, one packet after another. The mouthwatering snack in front of me had easily been enough to distract me from the rudeness of my table companion, for a while at least. I glanced up at him over my frappe as I poured in the last packet of sugar, my gaze full of suspicion. I didn't want any trouble, I couldn't be bothered with it. I'd had enough shit to last me a lifetime without some stranger starting more. Quote Begin Y'know, if you don't want to talk about shit, you don't have to get pissed about it. I was only fucking asking, and you were the one who started talking to me, anyway.Quote End I said, the words I was thinking fell from my mouth and I closed it after in case any of the other things I was thinking spilled out too, my lips closing in a firm, unimpressed frown.

Back to top Go down

Samuel Evans |

Posted on Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:53 am

I drift my attention away from him as I bring the coffee mug to my lips, knowing at the rate I've been neglecting it, it's probably already cold but to my delight it isn't. I managed to drink just a bit without spilling it all over myself since what he said next had me completely bewildered. I raised my eyebrows at him, my lips slightly agape.  Did you really just fucking ask me if I was a fucking wolf?   I fall back into my seat as I try to read his face. Is this guy seriously high as a kite?  Have you not heard that term before? Here, I'll spell it out for you. I clasp my hands together and set them on the table as I lean forward.  I like to be alone. Clearly, today was different. But now that the guy has me thinking about such an odd and stupid topic, do I even look like a, werewolf? Or whatever the fuck those things are called. I've only seen that Twilight shit once, and that is a time in my life I will never get back. When most people see me they assume I'm some punk who wants trouble, which I guess isn't necessarily false. But for a second he seemed genuinely wary...This guy is something else. Oh you think this is rude? You actually caught me on a good day, bud.

This guy was doing a real shitty job at hiding his desire for a smoke. He was practically engulfing everything I exhaled. If you're at least trying to quit, sitting in front of someone who is enjoying a smoke isn't quite helping the temptation. Besides, the guy said he would have a better chance of quitting than I did, so why not increase those chances for the poor bastard.  You didn't have to say anything for me to know you're slowing losing it. If you really want to prove that you have a better chance at quitting than I did, I would start by not being a creep and staring as if it's a fucking unicorn. This guy is in for a rough ride.  The nail biting. Shit's gross.

Thank fucking god for the woman from earlier making another appearance, it lifted a bit of the tension, which I'll take. The nicotine air that hovered over our table was quickly replaced with the sweet aroma of chocolate chip cookies. I looked up from the plate and across the table, the guy's eyes looked as if they were going to bulge out of their sockets. Note to self, his weaknesses are not only cigarettes, but apparently chocolate chip cookies are too...How old is this fucking guy?

I thought by inviting the ever-so-lovely barista guy to sit with me was an easy ticket to making a friend, with me being new to town and all. And at this rate, I think we're doing a pretty good job.  I sneer, a hint of a grin shows. And you were the one who started talking to me. What did you call it? Customer service and shit?  I ponder sarcastically, slightly cocking my head to the side.

I eye the not one, but two chocolate chip cookies in front of us. One of those beauties has to have my name on it. I mean, why else would cute barista number two set down two cookies in front of two people. Unless both were really for him, I don't feel like taking the chance. Don't mind if I do. I reach across the table and snatch one of the cookies from the plate, but before he even dared to try to take it back, I bite a chunk off. I lean back in my seat as I chew this mouthwatering treat with a grin on my face. Sharing is caring.

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics