setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Brightside - Page 3

[Private] Brightside

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] Brightside

Lenny Tronconi | Army of God; Hunter

Posted on Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:39 am

Quote Begin Well I don't know - what the fuck has 'alone' got to do with wolves?!Quote End I spat back, folding my arms angrily. I knew that my assumption probably seemed as weird as fuck but I wasn't going to admit it, especially not to a rude jerk. Quote Begin And they're my fucking nails. Maybe.. you should stop being a creep and staring at them like they're fucking.. unicorns..Quote End I trailed off.

I struggled not to launch into any more arguments, choosing to bite off a large chunk of my cookie to destroy the temptation of wasting any more energy on arguing with the guy. I chewed it angrily - because the guy had put me in an even worse mood, and my fast chewing felt like I was wasting the cookie in some way. I slowed my heated eating down and glanced to the guy.

Quote Begin What?Quote End I asked, confused, Quote Begin So you want to make friends, but you want to be alone.. what the fuck? I mean, what do you want? Are you one of those secret shoppers? Because if you are, I did my fucking job, talking to you and bringing your coffee out and shit, you can't just get pissed at me for no reason.Quote End I huffed, the legs of my chair scraping across the floor as I edged it a little more away. Quote Begin Being less of an ass would be an easier ticket to making a friend.Quote End I commented, watching the guy out of the corner of my eye. Quote Begin And if you are new to town then that fucking sucks for you. Because this town sucks. The fucking hospital sucks, the... cops suck, the...Quote End I struggled to think of something else to add to my list, Quote Begin ... it just sucks.Quote End I finished. I took a sip of my coffee and remembered something. Quote Begin Except this place! I mean, the coffee shop doesn't suck.Quote End Phew - I didn't want Mary Ann thinking I didn't appreciate Uncommon Grounds or the job she'd given me.

I was ready to just leave the guy to it - to being alone, or making friends, or whatever else he wanted to do, but then he had to go and do it. He just had to.

Quote Begin ....that's my cookie.Quote End I said, my voice at a slightly higher pitch from my state of shock. Had he actually just taken a cookie off my plate? I stared at him, open-mouthed and with no idea what to do. All I could think was - He took my cookie?!

Quote Begin That's.. that's not fucking fair. I asked you if you wanted shit earlier!Quote End I said, completely forlorn and mad. I couldn't get over the fact he'd just taken it. It was making me feel ridiculously stressed watching him chew my cookie, the rest of it in his hands when it should have been in mine. His stealing hands. It was only a cookie to some people but to me it was so much more. I was tired of people treating me like shit and walking all over me, fucking my life up and making me miserable for their apparent fun. I stood up, nostrils flaring and fully prepared to wrestle it out of his grip, but deflated again at the thought of an actual fight. The guy was taller than me and I wasn't feeling too great, which usually wouldn't have stopped me, but I could see Cara watching through the window out of the corner of my eye. Fighting never usually turned out great after, but it especially wouldn't at my workplace. Mary-Ann would kill me if she found out I'd been fighting with customers. They were the reasons that went through my mind after, anyway. What had actually stopped me was that paralyzing, fearful memory of what one fight had led to in my life.

So instead I took my drink and the dish off the table, sat back down and balanced them on my legs, angling myself away from the guy. Quote Begin You know what? You might be having a fucking good day, but I'm having the worst fucking day ever already and I can't be fucked with this. I mean, I've got enough shit to deal with without you pissing me off for fun or a free cookie or shit. So take the fucking cookie, and go and actually buy one from someone who's actually working and not on a break if you want another one.Quote End I turned away from him and tried to ignore him, taking a sip of my coffee instead.

Back to top Go down

Samuel Evans |

Posted on Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:16 pm

Because lone wolves like to be alone. Fuck man, I was trying to sound fancy and you overthought it, like, shit.  I don't think I have ever met someone who didn't understood the term 'lone wolf.' He could've at least rolled with it instead of dissecting it bit by bit. Unicorns? Fucking really? I groaned and rolled my eyes, deciding to just leave the nasty nail biting shit at that.

Yes, I want to make friends. Yes, I like being alone. When I'm not hanging out with the friends I have yet to make, I like being alone and just unwinding. I don't see why you're having such a hard time understanding that? Secret shoppers? He had officially lost him. Then stop giving me reasons to be such an ass. I stated, narrowing my eyes at him as he inched a little further back. If I was being such an ass, what's stopping him from standing up from his chair and walking right back inside. But then I remembered the blonde barista... Yeah I wouldn't want to go back in either. Believe me, bud. I know first hand that the hospital fucking sucks. They're the reason I'm in such a great mood. I scoffed. So you have them to blame. Could it be?! Do we actually share a hatred for the hospital?! Gasp! Oh yeah, this place is just grand.  I hid my grin behind my coffee mug as I took a drink and replaced it on the table. 

I raised my eyebrows when I heard his voice change into a higher pitch. Is this grown ass man being serious right now? It's a fucking cookie. If he wanted another one so goddamn bad, he can walk back inside and bake up another batch. But seeing him all wide eyed and in shock, was such a hilarious sight to see. It wouldn't hurt to rub it in a little, would it? Yeah, I didn't. But now that the opportunity presented itself, I took it. Literally. I smiled wide, taking another bite into the very delicious cookie and chewing slowly. God, now I'm acting like a fucking child. I was giving him shit for freaking out over a little cookie, but yet here I am being the prick who's just relishing it in his face. But come on, it was hard to resist.

What was stopping me from asking him his age? Because everything I've witnessed up to this point has convinced me that he was a child. I fucking hope Clay never matures the way this guy did. But it seemed he finally shoved all his child's play to the curb and took a stand for himself. Took you fucking long enough to finally snap. I don't know why, but I absolutely loved it when people lost their cool and just broke down, and it felt even better to know that I caused them to finally break. But it didn't feel so good when I finally snapped... I clasped my hands together and leaned into the table. Well guess what, bud. Shit is going to get even shittier. You think I'm having a good day? I'm having the shittiest day of the week. Hell, the whole fucking month. Okay, I really needed to shut the fuck up and cool it before I say shit I was going to regret. I have fucking stacks of hospital bills coming right out of my ass. I have fucking idiotic doctors up my ass who are preventing me from seeing my sick, dying son. I have enough shit to deal with. So you know what, I will gladly eat the fuck out of this cookie. Because quite frankly, it's the best damn thing to happen to me all fucking month.  

And now I snapped.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:16 am

Why the fuck would you want me to snap? I blurted out, losing all of my cool the minute he'd said it. It was one thing to feel like he'd been goading me abut a whole different one for him to just unashamedly admit it.

His revelation took the wind out of my angry sails a little but it didn't stop me feeling mad. After the initial shock of it somehow I just ended up even more irate.   What the fuck? Fucking... okay, your life's shit, it sucks about your son or whatever but what the fuck does that have to do with me? It's not like I fucking made you son sick and you're not the only one fucked over with shitty hospital bills, so what the fuck is your deal? What the fuck do you want me to do about it? Fuck, I don't even like kids but I'm sorry about your son dying but.. fuck.

I threw my own cookie down on the table, no longer hungry. I felt irritatingly guilty and uncomfortable. I played about with my cup, going to pick it up and stopping a few times before leaving it alone. I felt frustrated but I wanted to leave it, but at the same time, I couldn't. Y'know what, fuck - this is unfair. You can't just be an ass to people and then bring up some dying kid as a reason for it. One thing I've fucking learned is everyone has their shit. Everyone. And it's fucking unfair but you can't just do shit because of it, or we'd all just be shitty to each other and we'd have even more shit to deal with than we already had. You can't just.. you can't just go round stealing people's cookies! I said with finalization, struggling with the temptation of just getting up and smashing my small cookie dish over his head. So it sucks you're having a shitty day but fuck.. you don't need to take it out on me. I've got stupid hospital bills coming out my own fucking ass I have to think about without you adding shit on.

I took my coffee and took an angry sip from it, attempting to ignore the man again. But then I slammed my coffee cup down, unable to shake off the irritation. Fucking.. look, you wanna be alone or shit, I just want to try and fucking relax on whatever break time I have left, so why don't we fucking leave it at that? I said, glaring at the guy. But even as I glared I kept picturing some baby in a hospital bed, the annoying nurses I knew too well buzzing around and making things worse and all the other horrible hospital memories I had that actually made me feel slightly sick thinking of them. I glanced back to the guy, rolling my eyes at myself and sighing. And shit.. you seem to hate this place so much, but if you ask maybe Mary-Ann'll give you some shifts or whatever. Y'know. To help pay the bills off. I picked up my cup again and averted my eyes, trying not to think of the letter I had at home that I'd been trying not to deal with. I thought I was through with hospital bills but as usual when it came to hospital related things, something had to rear its ugly head just when you thought things were fine.

Back to top Go down

Samuel Evans |

Posted on Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:41 am

Why the fuck did I have to bring up Clay? Especially to some guy who didn't give a fuck about him. Goddamnit. I was livid at myself right now. What was I trying to get out of this guy? In no way did I want his sympathy. So was I just using him as a punching bag to let my anger out? Yes. But was it working? Fuck no.  I'm quite fucking aware that you didn't make my son sick and there isn't a damn thing you can do. There's not a damn a thing I can do, and that's where all this anger and rage is coming from. I exhaled loudly and draped my arm across the back of the chair beside me.  I needed to take my rage out on something or someone. So I took it out on you. Okay?

God I couldn't look at his fucking face without wanting to just shove my fist right between his eyes. I looked up at the fucking sky, the people seated around us who I'm surprised haven't made a disturbance or noise complaint, and I even looked behind to the blonde barista at the counter. I coughed out a laugh and rolled my eyes back to him. You're still upset that I took one of your cookies? Seriously?

I took a deep breath, softening my face and voice before speaking again. I am sorry about your hospital bills though, I really am. I know first hand how much they can fuck with you and your life.  

Okay Samuel, you got everything off your chest and I think the time has past so you can stop being a dick now. He was right, we need to leave it at that. But right now, I just want to go home, drink a glass of whiskey and crash on the couch. I won't be able to see Clay till tonight so might as well keep myself busy until then. I cracked and actual smile and shook my head at the guy. I appreciate the offer, it just isn't my thing. I work on cars, it's fun as hell and helps pay the bills. I said, taking the last bite of the cookie. I'm Samuel, by the way. I pushed my chair further back and rubbed the back of my neck. If you don't entirely hate me, I'd like to buy you a drink sometime. I owe you one after being such a jackass. I'm sorry about that, really.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:03 am

I was through with arguing and it seemed like the people around us were too, the family packing their stuff up and sending me and the guy judgmental looks before hurrying away. Scaring away customers was not something else I needed to add to my shit list. I folded my arms across my chest in a lame way to at least hide the Uncommon Grounds logo emblazoned across my shirt. Yeah, well.. fucking thanks. I muttered to myself, a hand in front of my mouth muffling the words even more. I rolled my eyes and shrugged uncomfortably, still trying my best not to get mad - or not acting on any angry feelings I had if I failed not feeling them in the first place. I like those cookies. Y'know it's... if someone just stole your beer in a bar, it's similar.. I mumbled. As soon as I'd started talking I'd gotten distracted by Cara motioning through the window, her figure making shapes behind my viewpoint of Sam. I tried to act as if I hadn't noticed her obvious 'phone' signals.

Yeah, they do, but... I sighed and got up at last, stretching my legs out. I felt grotty and tired and just.. done, but I still had the second half of my shift to get through. I was too tired to feel angry any more. And then he said it. He worked on cars? I gritted my teeth, trying to sort out all the negative feelings that had immediately resurfaced. Uh, yeah.. I'm Lenny. I replied, avoiding eye contact and obviously distracted. Working on cars... so long ago, hadn't that been what I'd wanted to do? I bet it was fun as hell. So what the fuck reason did he have to come and take his anger out on me when he still actually had stuff that was good in his life? I grabbed up the cups and dish in short, sharp movements and finally turned to him, anger curled up in every muscle of my body and ready to unwind like a spring. My glare could have been green with the intensity of the jealous rage controlling my mind. So what if his son was dying? He had no fucking idea what I'd been through. You know what? I don't need your fucking pity. If you hate this place so much you should just stay at your car place and never fucking come back. Maybe it's good your son's dying because then at least he won't have to have a crappy father like you. I suddenly spat.

My eyes widened a fraction after I'd said it, guilt and shock already setting in from what I'd said, but I just practically ran off into the coffee shop without giving him a chance to reply, chest heaving and heart racing. Shit. As I continued past Cara without even looking up and slipped into the back rooms out of sight I kept telling myself I shouldn't feel guilty. I knew what it was like to have a shitty father, I was probably absolutely right about Samuel, he'd started it and been an asshole first... and yet I couldn't shake the overwhelming feeling of guilt tugging at my stomach that what I'd done was shittier than all of that.

Fuck. I glared and tried to force it out of my mind.

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics