setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Brightside

[Private] Brightside

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[Private] Brightside

Lenny Tronconi | Army of God; Hunter

Posted on Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:08 am

Thread Details

Warm & Sunny | 2:30pm

OOC Message
Lenny's wearing his work uniform - a black polo shirt with the Uncommon Grounds Logo, black jeans that look enough like pants for him to get away with them and his usual, short, engineer-style black boots. He should be wearing an apron but avoids wearing it unless he's behind the counter.

The sun insistently shining through the windows was taunting me, beaming off the tables I was trying to clean and glaring from every single slightly reflective surface in the shop, a constant reminder that the weather outside was actually good for once and I was stuck in, working. Not that it'd have made any difference if I'd had a day off - the sun taunted in another way, too. Normally I'd have leaped at the chance to sunbathe or even just sit out with the rays warming my skin, but that day my mood was anything but sunny. A dark corner where I could sit and feel shit over all the shit that was making me feel shit seemed more appealing. I didn't want to have to deal with anything. If I hadn't been in work I'd have literally spent the day in bed avoiding things instead.

But none of that mattered because I was at work. The lunchtime rush had come and gone and there were only two of us left working in the shop, everyone else either having finished their shift or gone on break. Cara was behind the counter, giving the worktops a lazy clean down but ready to serve if needed, and I had the task of clearing up all the tables.

I slumped my way around the occupied seating, taking my time with the task seeing as it was quiet. There were only a handful of customers and most were sitting outside. I slapped the wet cloth down on to the next table, glaring down at the light rays falling down on it and only glaring more when my sprays of the cleaner made the light more intense. Quote Begin Fucking hospitals.Quote End I muttered to myself, grabbing the cloth and beginning to scrub at the surface as if I could scrub away the patches of light if I cleaned hard enough.

Back to top Go down

Re: [Private] Brightside

Samuel Evans |

Posted on Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:38 am

OOC Message

If there were two things I was sure of, it was that I am not in the world's greatest mood and could use a smoke, and that it was too fucking warm and sunny for my liking. And I can't control either of those. Weather, well no shit, and I always try to remain calm when I leave the hospital after visiting Clay for a several hours, but when I have nurses and doctors up my fucking ass, nagging to me about how he needs his meds and sleep and then basically shoving me out the doors, keeping my from seeing my own son, it makes things a little more complicated. A lot more complicated, actually. But I'll give them one thing, they aren't stupid as I first expected, not like the ones back in Seattle. They knew my long over-stayed hours meant they had to wait to replenish Clay's meds, meaning that within the first hour of my visiting hour, his previous meds had already went right through him. He wasn't his loopy drugged self, he was my Clay, but they didn't get that. No, he needs me right now, he doesn't need anymore sleep after getting more than eight hours that night. He needs me, just as I need him. But I'm blind to the fact that I actually depend on him. 

I've never been one to depend on others. I haven't my entire life, even after my parents brought me in. It was just natural at that point. But with Clay, he brings the best out of me. I'm my true self when he's around. Sure he's only a few months old, but it only took that short amount of time for him to capture my heart. He's the love of life. And it absolutely shatters my heart to see him going through this, something I can't just put a bandaid over and say it's going to be alright. I've said it before, and I still stand by my word, I will do anything to help my baby boy. 

But right now I'd do anything for a cup of coffee, spending hours in the most depressing place on the planet can definitely take a toll on you. To my convinence I knew the local coffee house was just around the corner, although I haven't actually stepped foot inside. I tend to wander off in hopes to blow off some steam, I guess my observant perk just took everything in already, even after only moving less than a week ago. I approach the coffee house, ignoring the looks I was receiving from the small crowd out on the porch, and walk through the front doors. I take only a moment to absorb the warm atmosphere, it was nothing close to the coffee houses back in Seattle, but close. I saunter up to the cute blonde at the counter, too bad even she won't pucker up my mood, maybe if she wore something more, revealing...Nope, not even that would work.  Black. None of that extra shit. I'll be outside. I assert and pull out my wallet, throwing down a twenty in hopes to avoid any conversation.  Keep it. I turn on my heel and without giving her a second glance, take my leave to the furthest table outside, because for fucks sake I would be an inconvenience to the fellow towns folks, where I kick my feet up, pull the cig tucked behind my ear between my lips and ignite the tip, surrendering as the nicotine fills my lungs.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:26 pm

My gaze only flicked up a second when the door audibly opened, just long enough to clock that it wasn't one of the regular eccentric and annoying customers, or someone I was trying to avoid. I returned my attention to near polishing the surface off the table I was washing, and my bad mood.

Quote Begin Hey, Lenny!Quote End Cara waved at me from behind the counter, for some reason looking a lot more energetic than she usually did. My gaze narrowed with immediate suspicion that she wanted me to do something for her, but I grabbed the cloth and the sanitizer spray and went over anyway.

Quote Begin What?Quote End I put down my cleaning items on the counter between us and folded my arms, waiting for her to ask me to clean a disgusting toilet in the bathroom again or something similarly unsavoury. Instead I was pleasantly surprised by her reply. Quote Begin Can you take this out to the guy out there? The one who just came in?Quote End She asked, twirling her hair round her finger I stared blankly at her, no idea who 'the guy' was, and frowned down at the cup of black coffee she pushed at me. Judging by the look Cara had in her eyes she probably thought he was attractive. Quote Begin Why can't you do it?Quote End I offered, thinking she might want to go and take it to him herself. I was surprised she hadn't suggested us swapping so she could do just that.  Quote Begin Because, that guy is hot as shit and I want to appear mysterious, right? Like I don't care about him, haven't even noticed him. Guys love that. So you go out there and give that to him, so he wonders why it's not me giving it to him and when he looks round.. I'll be looking busy and sophisticated.Quote End Cara smirked, taking the opportunity to adjust her cleavage.

I stared at her, everything she had said to me as if it was a foreign language. I had no idea what she was going on about. Quote Begin ...what?Quote End I began to argue, but she just pushed the coffee further towards me and fixed me with an insistent stare. Quote Begin Just go, Lenny. You need to clean the tables out there anyway.Quote End

Quote Begin Okay, whatever.Quote End I said, giving in. I sighed and took the coffee and started towards the door with a roll of my eyes. I'd never understand women but I wasn't about to argue with one at work either, not after Mary-Ann had already warned me about that particular topic. Quote Begin And see if he's gay while you're out there! Quote End Cara stage-whispered across the room just before the door shut behind me, much to my exasperation. I just held back from opening the door again and shouting that for what must have been the hundredth time, I did not have some super gaydar like some gays apparently did.

The air was hotter outside without the air conditioning of the cage but I still breathed out a sigh of relief, glad to be out of the weird atmosphere and away from Cara's strange demands. I glanced over the people out there, trying to work out who the coffee was for. There were six small tables out the front at the moment, all but one occupied. A family had spilled onto two of the tables and I crossed them off my mental list, there was a couple.. which I hoped the male part wasn't who Cara had her eye on, and then two women chatting...

I finally noticed a guy at the table furthest away. By process of elimination I figured the coffee had to be for him and started making my way over. It became obvious the nearer I got that he didn't already have a drink and that - okay, he was hot. The last thing was what got my attention though. He was smoking - literally. I caught the scent of the cigarettes and immediately felt angry and happy simultaneously - because of the obvious reminder I was trying to quit, but also at least I could smell that sweet, gorgeous, illicit smell. Cara might have to wait in line if she wanted to grab the guy because I was desperate enough that I could kiss him, regardless of what he looked like, just in an attempt to steal the smoke and flavour from the cigarettes out of his mouth.

I tore my eyes away from the desire in question when I reached the table. Quote Begin Hey,Quote End I sniffed, trying to keep it as subtle as possible that I was smelling his cigarette smoke,  and quickly set the cleaning stuff I'd bought out with me down on the empty chair opposite him so I could scratch at the nicotine patch on my arm. I wished I didn't care so much about Avery's opinion and could still smoke without knowing I'd disappointed her. I held up the coffee at an awkward angle to catch the guy's attention. Quote Begin Is this yours?Quote End I said, a little gruffly, purposefully leaving off any stupid 'Sir'. If I started that like some of the girls did then next I'd be expected to shake hands or wear a fucking dress shirt and neither of those were happening. I was in a bad enough mood that day that I didn't even care how much I owed Mary-Ann. If she'd been there personally telling me to call people - people who drank weird black coffee - sir, then I'd still have refused.

Back to top Go down

Samuel Evans |

Posted on Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:37 pm

Remind myself why I decided to sit outside in this annoying heat instead of the perfect air conditioned building behind me? Oh yeah, because I desperately needed a kick ass smoke, and it was totally worth it. Without a doubt I'm sure my fellow neighbors aren't pleased, but they can just fucking suck it up and mind their own goddamn business. 

The two women a table down haven't stopped glancing over at me, it's almost as if they're taking fucking turns, are you in the third grade? They both must be single and want a piece of this, I mean who doesn't, the girl at the counter sure didn't bother to hide her attraction for me. But believe me, the second a woman finds out you have a baby at home, they go full on sprinting for the hills. They want absolutely nothing to do with you. Maybe it's just my shitty luck...I'd rather not find out. 

With my thumb I flick the cigarette downward, ridding the ash from the tip before I place it back to my lips and take another hit. My attention now shifts to the couple on the far side. From the girl's nonstop talking and over-used hand motions to the guy's very obvious boredom and hatred of life at the moment, they must have started dating less than two months ago. I chuckle under my breath as a cloud of smoke escapes through my lips,  Poor bastard. If I were him, I'd get the hell out of that shit of a relationship as soon as bloody possible. Save yourself and go get some ass, I'm sure the girl at the counter will be more than willingly, that's if I'm not on her mind already.

I take a long, slow drag as I save the best for last. The happy spirited family who just allow their ignorant children to cause a disgusting mess, at least have some fucking decency for the people who are now going to have to clean that shit up. Yet I couldn't help but to wonder if Clay would get to be that age. Will I ever allow him to make such a mess in public? I would like to think I wouldn't, but I know I would. If he were to reach that age, I'd probably let him to anything. Well, not anything. My face softens as I think of the possible future he could have, and that I can be a part of. But just the thought of that never happening, living a life without Clay...I would loose my goddamn fucking mind, and with that my mood takes it up a few notches.

My eyes darts up to the nearby voice and am to my relief it wasn't her.  Oh thank fucking god it wasn't the chick from the counter. I was in no way in the right mind set for some barista to come and flirt up a storm with me. Although if I had just thrown out the whole I have a kid shit if that would've scared her off. Guess I won't be finding out today. I take a rather quick drag, breathing out my words along with the smoke.  Just set it down. As I shifted in my seat I couldn't help but notice the guy scratching at the nicotine patch on his arm. A smirk spreads across my lips, a rough scoff follows. Good fucking luck with that, bud. Been there, done that. Shit doesn't fucking work. Sooner or later, you'll give in. With the same hand as the one holding the cigarette, I grab ahold of the mug handle and bring the brim to my lips, the taste of coffee and cigarette on my tongue is absolutely divine.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:05 pm

My mouth fell open in a frown at the man's response, unsure what to make of his comment. Quote Begin She was that bad?Quote End I thought out loud before I caught myself, remembering that the guy was a customer and I didn't want to start bitching about my colleagues when it might deter them from the business, or shed a bad light on Uncommon Grounds. Even if Cara was annoying sometimes, she wasn't really all that bad. Not all the time at least...

Quote Begin Sure.Quote End I set the coffee down, glad to be rid of the hot, annoying cup. I picked up my cleaning stuff instead, eyeing the table a load of kids were on and looked to soon be leaving. I was so preoccupied it took me a second to realise the guy was talking to me. I had no idea what he was talking about either, only frowning and trying to work out what he might mean before he realised I had no idea. My gaze darted around, over my body, the table occupied by the children and the guy's table, until finally I followed his line of sight to the patch on my arm.

When what he said finally made sense I felt an initial spark of satisfaction. It then fast morphed into annoyance when the meaning of his words sunk in. I might have hated the patches and wondered if they worked myself but someone else doubting I could do something only pissed me off, whether I thought I could do it or not.

Quote Begin Yeah, well, maybe I'll be better at.. giving up than you were.Quote End I said, bristling. He might have been hot like Cara said but he also seemed like an asshole. Worse still, the scent of cigarette smoke lingered in the air and only made my cravings kick in double time. What I'd do for a smoke.. just one crappy little cigarette... I almost got caught up in the ridiculous, angry daydream before someone passed by in the street and snapped me out of it. I shook my head at the intensity of my own cravings and sighed at the effort over the whole quit smoking ordeal, all the angry tension in my body deflating as fast as it had built up. All the stress and I didn't even want to quit. Quote Begin Not that I have a choice, anyway.Quote End I muttered, rolling my eyes and looking back to the guy. But though I might not have had a choice, it still didn't mean that I wasn't going to be able to properly quit.

The guy wasn't exactly great company but I hesitated from moving on. The parents were still sorting their children out so I couldn't clean their table yet, and I could see Cara trying to catch my attention from inside, making some strange signals with her hand that meant nothing to me, apart from that she hadn't forgotten about the guy. There was no point in me rushing to move on from him when there wasn't anything to move on to yet and I didn't fancy going back inside only to have Cara nag me to do something else in order to get his attention. I stood awkwardly in front of his attention, not sure what to do. His plain drink caught my eye again and I gestured at it. Quote Begin You don't want anything else?Quote End I asked him, less from a customer service point of view and more down to plain old curiosity. Like milk, I couldn't help thinking as I stared at the depths of his dark coffee. The shop was full of treats of all shapes and sizes, and they were good, really fucking good, and yet this guy didn't even have milk in his drink. Cara really did pick the weird ones.

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics